The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule's...

By joestarlink

25 years after the events of "Breath of the Wild", Princess Rhiannon must balance her life as a princess and... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11: The Lost Princess of Hyrule, Part 1
Chapter 12: The Lost Princess of Hyrule, Part 2
Chapter 13: Divine Beast Vah Ruta, Part 1
Chapter 14: Divine Beast Vah Ruta, Part 2
Chapter 15: Divine Beast Vah Ruta, Part 3
Chapter 16: Divine Beast Vah Rudania, Part 1
Chapter 17: Divine Beast Vah Rudania, Part 2
Chapter 18: Divine Beast Vah Rudania, Part 3
Chapter 19: The Sword That Seals the Darkness
Chapter 20: Divine Beast Vah Medoh, Part 1
Chapter 22: Divine Beast Vah Medoh, Part 3
Chapter 23: Divine Beast Vah Naboris, Part 1
Chapter 24: Divine Beast Vah Naboris, Part 2
Chapter 25: Divine Beast Vah Naboris, Part 3
Chapter 26: The Spring of Courage, Part 1
Chapter 27: The Spring of Courage, Part 2
Chapter 28: The Spring of Courage, Part 3
Chapter 29: Calamity Link, Part 1
Chapter 30: Calamity Link, Part 2
Chapter 31: Calamity Link, Part 3
Chapter 32: The Spring of Wisdom, Part 1
Chapter 33: The Spring of Wisdom, Part 2
Chapter 34: The Spring of Wisdom, Part 3
Chapter 35: The Spring of Power, Part 1
Chapter 36: The Spring of Power, Part 2
Chapter 37: The Spring of Power, Part 3
Chapter 38: Rhiannon's Lullaby, Part 1
Chapter 39: Rhiannon's Lullaby, Part 2
Chapter 40: Rhiannon's Lullaby, Part 3
Chapter 41: Starlight, Part 1
Chapter 42: Starlight, Part 2
Chapter 43: Starlight, Part 3
Chapter 44: Judgment Day, Part 1 -- Reinvention
Chapter 45: Judgment Day, Part 2 -- Black Wedding
Chapter 46: Judgment Day, Part 3 -- Holy War, The Punishment Due
Chapter 47: Judgment Day, Part 4 -- Bad Moon Rising
Chapter 48: The Reawakening, Part 1
Chapter 49: The Reawakening, Part 2

Chapter 21: Divine Beast Vah Medoh, Part 2

78 1 0
By joestarlink

"What do you mean you lost the Master Sword?!" Dori shouted, shaking Rhiannon by the shoulders, "How could you lose the most important sword in all of Hyrule?! What kind of idiot are you?! That sword belongs to your father and the heroes before him!"

"I left it right here," Rhiannon said, pointing at the stool she had sat on, "It was here next to my shield and bow!"

"Tulin, I swear that Rhiannon is not like this," Dori said, "I can promise you she is the same Rhiannon that you remember."

"Oh, Tulin, hi," Rhiannon chuckled, "so, did Dori tell you everything?"

'Yeah, she did," Tulin sighed, "she told me you fell during your last battle... I had no idea. I think we've all judged you blindly."

"Can we talk about that later?" Rhiannon asked, "I have to find the--"

Just as she was talking, an arrow zoomed in front of her eyes, landing on one of the stable's columns. It had a piece of parchment attached to it. "Whoa, what was that?" Dori asked. "Whoever sent that arrow had the aiming of a hawk!" Tulin exclaimed. Rhiannon removed the arrow from the column, then detached the note. It read as such:

To the Princess of Hyrule,

I have the Master Sword with me. Big rookie mistake of yours leaving your father's dumb sword behind! If you want it back, you must meet me at Warbler's Nest after sundown. COME ALONE. Any tricks and I will destroy the sword.

"I have a funny feeling that I know who the culprit is," Dori said, "it's that creep, Daron!"

"What? He's still obsessed with you?!" Tulin gasped, "Jeez..."

"Tulin, where's Warbler's Nest?" Rhiannon asked. "You see those oddly-shaped rocks in the distance?" Tulin explained, "That's Warbler's Nest. There's one of those ancient shrine thingies there, so you can't get lost."

"I have to meet with whoever stole the sword after sundown," Rhiannon sighed, "but I must go alone."

"Oh, no, sir-ree!" Dori said, "If my gut feeling is correct and Daron stole the sword, there is no way in Hylia's name I'm letting you go alone!"

"It says right here that they will destroy the sword if I don't comply!" Rhiannon shouted, "That sword is thousands of years old! I have to take it to my father! We need the sword!"

"Well, Tulin and I won't let you go near that creep alone, right, Tulin?" Dori said, elbowing him. Tulin did not reply. "Tulin, I know you're mad at me," Rhiannon sighed, "but I promise that your father's death will not go without justice. I made that promise to Koli's dad and Zya's grandfather, I'm making that promise to you and your mother as well."

"Everyone in Rito Village thinks you left us," Tulin sighed, "we felt abandoned. Many Rito warriors along the years lost their lives or got badly injured trying to stop Medoh, including myself."

He showed Rhiannon his wounded wing, making her gasp softly. "I haven't been able to fly ever since," Tulin continued, "I was the last hope for Rito Village, that is until you came."

"I have to recover the Master Sword," Rhiannon said, "that is the only way the Rito will trust me again. They all think I ran away to hide when that is far away from the truth. I never run from a fight."

"If you start walking now, you'll get to Warbler's Nest by sundown," Tulin said, "just be careful, there are monsters along the way."

"Rhia, take this," Dori said, handing her the Eightfold blade, "don't worry, I can get another one."

"Thank you, Dori," Rhiannon smiled. She then turned around and followed the path towards Warbler's Nest. "Hey, you mind waiting here?" Dori asked, "I have to go to Kakariko Village quickly."

"That's gonna take you days!" Tulin said. "Not with Sheikah teleportation!" Dori smirked. Tulin then gasped when Dori disappeared out of thin air. A few minutes later, she reappeared next to him. "Ah!" the Rito warrior exclaimed, "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"My aunt gave me some stealth potions," Dori said, handing him a vial with a dark purple liquid, "and I also grabbed some Stealth armor that she had around. I brought Rhiannon's armor as well."

"She said she must go alone," Tulin scolded. "I'm not letting my best friend go into the claws of that creep!" Dori exclaimed, "I know for a fact that he stole the Master Sword! When we were in Death Mountain, he said he would hunt Rhiannon around Hyrule until she agreed to marry him! You think that I'm not concerned about that?!"

"Well, that does sound concerning..." Tulin said, "Fine, I'll help you out. But if Rhiannon ends up Master Sword-less, it will be your fault."

"Pfft, idiot Tulin," Dori laughed, "The Master Sword is indestructible, silly!"

"What?!" Tulin gasped, "Why didn't you tell Rhiannon that?"

"Cuz I like to see Daron's ass get beaten, why else?" Dori replied, "Now, drink that potion and let's get moving! It's almost sundown."

The sun began to set as the skies turned orange. Rhiannon approached Warbler's Nest nervously, her palms began sweating and her knees began to tremble. As she walked up the path, she noticed the Master Sword impaled into the ground. "Thank Hylia!" Rhiannon sighed in relief, walking towards the sword. When she was about to reach for it, she felt the tip of a sword in her back. "I should've known only you could set a trap like this," Rhiannon said. "Only someone like you would fall for something like that, princess," Daron giggled, "I told you I would hunt you down every inch of Hyrule until you accepted to be my wife. So, here's the deal: you get to keep the Master Sword but you have to accept to marry me."

"What if I refuse?" Rhiannon asked. "I destroy your daddy's precious little sword," Daron answered, "without the sword that deals the darkness, you won't be able to defeat Calamity Ganon and save your parents."

Rhiannon glanced at Divine Beast Vah Medoh flying over the Hebra Mountains. "What if we fight instead?" she suggested. "No! You're not getting away this time!" Daron exclaimed, "You either marry me or you go back swordless!"

"I'm already engaged, for the last time!" Rhiannon said, "I'm not calling off my engagement just because you're obsessed with me!"

"Marry me or die!" Daron exclaimed, charging towards the princess. Rhiannon reached for her shield, but Daron's attack was so strong that it shattered into pieces. Rhiannon then reached for the Boulder Breaker, swinging it at him. "I'll crush your skull!" she hissed. "Wait a second," she thought, "if I had these weapons why didn't I use them to fend off those monsters? Meh, it doesn't matter anymore!"

Daron dodged Rhiannon's attack, retaliating quickly. "Where do you even get these weapons?!" he asked. "You'd be surprised!" Rhiannon laughed, using the Boulder Breaker to knock Daron off his feet. "Give me my father's sword!" Rhiannon bellowed. "Not until you become my wife!" Daron shouted. "I would never marry you even if you were the last person in Hyrule!" Rhiannon roared, swinging the Boulder Breaker at him again. "Do you hear that?" Dori asked Tulin as they approached Warbler's Nest, "I think Rhiannon's in a fight!"

"I have no time to be dealing with you!" Rhiannon shouted, "I have two more Divine Beasts to appease! You're a waste of time!"

"You're not going anywhere until you agree to marry me!" Daron hissed, "You have two options: spend the rest of your life with me or spend the rest of your life regretting the death of your friends and parents!"

"You righteous little worm!" Rhiannon said. Daron then reached for the Master Sword, swinging it behind his back as he walked towards one of the oddly-shaped rocks. "I'll give you three seconds, princess," he said, "I will ask you nicely: marry me or lose the sword forever. One..."

"You wouldn't dare," Rhiannon hissed. "Are you sure about this, Dori?" Tulin asked. "Again, the sword that seals the darkness is indestructible," Dori replied, "only something more powerful than the sword itself can destroy it!"

"Two..." Daron counted, "Last chance! Marry me or say goodbye to the sword!"

Rhiannon did not reply, she just stared at him. "Three!" Daron exclaimed, "The sword dies here!"

"No!" Rhiannon shouted. Daron hit the blade against the hard rock, but nothing happened to it. Rhiannon gasped, smiling widely. "Huh?" Daron growled, hitting the Master Sword against the rock a second time, a third time, then a fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh... nothing happened to the sword. "Haha!" Dori laughed, "The sword that seals the darkness is indestructible, you loser!"

"Dori!" Rhiannon shouted, "I told you not to come!"

"I told her the same thing!" Tulin added. Daron then grabbed Rhiannon by the waist, holding the Master Sword's blade to her neck. "Nobody move or I'll slit her throat!" he shouted, "How is that, princess? Dying by the blade of your own sword!"

"Grandfather, please help me!" Rhiannon thought as Daron held the blade closer to her neck. "Let her go!" Dori commanded, "It's two against one, you're outmanned!"

"You think that's going to stop me?!" Daron laughed. Rhiannon then jolted her head forward, then backward, hitting Daron in the face. He dropped the Master Sword as he stumbled backward. Rhiannon quickly reached for the Master Sword and its scabbard, which was resting on the shrine's platform. "Rhiannon! Look out!" Tulin shouted. "If I can't have you, then no one else can!" Daron bellowed, swinging his sword at her. When she cowered to shield herself, Rhiannon heard Daron's sword shatter. She looked up to see an orange force shield around her, the same one Koli summoned back in Death Mountain. "What the--?" Daron gasped. "How is she doing that?!" Tulin asked. "I thought only Koli could do that!" Dori said. "How are you doing that?!" Daron inquired, trying to pass through her force shield. "Like it?" Rhiannon smirked, "It's a little gift from Champion Daruk!"

"Daruk's Protection!" Dori gasped, "I read about it in one of Princess Zelda's books before the second Calamity! Champion Link must've passed it down to her or something!"

"Why don't you try that again?" Rhiannon chuckled, "Maybe you'll hit your head hard enough to fight Lord Daruk himself in the afterlife!"

"You get away this time, Princess Rhiannon," Daron hissed, "but next time we meet, you won't be so lucky!"

He then ran away, heading towards the Hebra Mountains. "I hope you fall down a cliff, snap your spine, and die, creep!" Dori shouted. "I can't believe it," Tulin said, "after all these years you haven't lost your fighting skills!"

Rhiannon looked up again to see Divine Beast Vah Medoh now overflying the mountains in the East. From her perspective, it seemed like the machine was overflying Death Mountain. "It's almost nighttime," Dori said, "Rhia, let's go back to the stable."

"Wait!" Tulin said, "Maybe we can sneak Rhiannon into Rito Village. Everyone has to know the truth."

"Are you sure?" Rhiannon asked. "Listen," Tulin sighed, "All these years, we've all thought you left us. After Medoh began its rampage, we were hoping for Link to come to save us. We never heard of the Royal Family again, so we assumed you all ran away to save yourselves. My people need to know what happened that day, so it is time we tell them."

"I'm a little nervous," Rhiannon said. "How are we going to sneak Rhiannon in?" Dori asked, "The entrance to Rito Village is heavily guarded."

"If only I was able to fly," Tulin sighed. "Oh! I have an idea!" Dori exclaimed, "Sheikah teleportation!"

"Is that possible?" Rhiannon asked. "Have I ever steered you wrong?" Dori replied, "Don't answer that, now hold on to me."

Rhiannon sighed, then obeyed. She wrapped her arms around Dori's waist, trying not to feel uncomfortable. Dori took a deep sigh, shutting her eyes tightly. Tulin observed as both vanished in front of his very eyes. "Well, that worked!" he exclaimed. Dori and Rhiannon opened their eyes to see they were inside Rito Village. "Oh," Rhiannon gasped, "it worked."

"Now, we just wait for Tulin," Dori said. A few minutes later, Tulin arrived, panting loudly as he tried to catch his breath. "We should've gone to the Flight Range," he said. "That thing's in the Hebra Mountains!" Dori exclaimed, "We don't have anything to keep ourselves warm!"

"Anyway, you think you could call over everyone in the village, Tulin?" Rhiannon asked. "Sure," Tulin replied, "I'll make sure everyone meets at Revali's flap."

"Revali's what now?" Rhiannon asked. "Oh, it's a platform made especially for Champion Revali," Tulin explained, "anyway, I'll meet you guys there."

"I'm a little nervous," Rhiannon said, "what if they refuse to believe me? What if I make it all worse?"

"Hey, relax, Rhia!" Dori said, "Everything will be fine, I promise."

"Hey! Is that Princess Rhiannon?!" Both of them turned around to see a mob of Rito people behind them. "The Royal Family is not welcomed here!" one of them said, "Leave!"

"Listen, I can explain!" Rhiannon said, "I'm here to help!"

"Get her!" the group of Rito people shouted, running towards her. "Quick!" Dori said, "Lead them towards Revali's flap!"

"I don't know where it is!" Rhiannon said. "Not my problem!" Dori shouted, "Just run!"

Rhiannon ran up the stairs aimlessly. "Rhiannon! Over here!" Tulin shouted from above. The Hylian princess followed his voice to a high platform as the angry mob of Rito people followed her. Finally, she reached Revali's flap. "Everyone! Leave the princess alone!" Tulin shouted. "She's a traitor!" a female Rito shouted. "She and her family left us all behind!" a male Rito added, "We've lost sons, fathers, and friends to Medoh's rage!"

"We've all been wrong this whole time!" Tulin said, "Rhiannon and her family did not leave us behind! She fell during her last battle and recently resurrected just like her father did!"

"It's true," Rhiannon said, "I can't remember much, I can't even remember the day I fell. My parents took me to a place called the Shrine of Resurrection. They didn't run away, they're trapped within Hyrule Castle containing Calamity Ganon! Look!"

She then reached for the Master Sword, making the mob gasp. "I have my father's sword," she continued, "I must take it to him at Hyrule Castle when I'm done appeasing the Divine Beasts! You have to trust me!"

"How do we know you won't really run away?" a second male Rito asked. "I never run away from a fight," Rhiannon replied, "and Hylia forbid I ever do."

"Please! Give her a chance!" Dori added, catching her breath as she ran towards the platform, "Take it from the person that was making sure Rhiannon's restoration slumber was uninterrupted! Everything she's saying is true!"

The mob of Rito villagers then seemed to have calmed down. "Please, I ask of you all to give Rhiannon a second chance," Tulin sighed, "she's the only hope we have left."

"I know that I cannot bring back those that Medoh took out," Rhiannon added, "but just give me this one opportunity to avenge them. I promise I will not let their deaths go in vain."

The Rito then began muttering between themselves. "Fine," said the first male Rito, "we have decided to give you one more chance. We trust you will not fail us."

"I promise I will not let any of you down!" Rhiannon smiled, containing her tears, "Thank you all so much!"

After the mob returned to their homes, Tulin invited Rhiannon and Dori over for dinner. "So, Rhiannon," he said, "Dori told me what you've been up to since you returned."

"Oh?" Rhiannon asked, "What did you tell him?"

"Oh, you know," Dori chuckled, taking a spoonful of Hylian rice into her mouth, "nothing much."

"So, Zya is queen now?" Tulin asked. "Z-Zya?" Rhiannon stuttered, "Y-Yeah, she was crowned queen of the Zora after her grandfather passed away... Koli is doing good, too."

"Have you heard anything from Aya yet?" Tulin inquired. Rhiannon then froze, putting her spoon down. "W-What?" she gasped. "Did you forget about her?" Tulin said, "Remember that day we went inside Medoh? You told me how you had feelings for her."

Memories began rushing through the princess's mind, she looked up at Vah Medoh in the distance.

25 years ago

"Are you sure about this?" Tulin asked as he hovered above Divine Beast Vah Medoh. "What our parents don't know won't kill them," Rhiannon replied carelessly, "besides, the Divine Beast hasn't been used in 25 years. It's safe to go near it."

Tulin then landed atop of the Divine Beast. Rhiannon jumped off his back as she admired the view. "Let's find a way inside," she said, "I'm getting cold."

Carefully, both of them scanned the Divine Beast for an entrance. "Hey, Rhiannon!" Tulin called, "I think I found an entrance!"

Rhiannon then followed his voice towards one of Medoh's wings. "Where is it?" she asked. "It's right under the wing," Tulin answered, "hop on, I'll fly us in."

The princess obeyed, hopping on Tulin's back. He then took off, circling the Divine Beast, then went inside the entrance underneath the wing. "Whoa!" they gasped. "Look at this place," Rhiannon said as her voice echoed inside the chamber, "this place is huge!"

"Just imagine being inside here while Medoh is up in the air!" Tulin added, "It must be so cool."

"It's also...kinda romantic..." Rhiannon sighed. "W-What's that supposed to mean?" Tulin asked nervously, "I-Is there...someone you like?"

"Please don't be me, please don't be me..." he thought. "Yeah, there is," Rhiannon sighed, "but...I don't think we'll ever work out... I don't think I even have the strength to tell her..."

"Her?" Tulin gasped. "Can I tell you a secret, Tulin?" Rhiannon asked, sitting down on the floor. "Sure," Tulin nodded, sitting next to her. "I... I really like girls..." Rhiannon said, her cheeks turned pink, "I've never been into boys. I don't know why but I feel like girls are more my thing. And there's this girl that I like in our friend circle--"

"Is it Aya?" Tulin interrupted. "How did you know?!" Rhiannon gasped. "I've noticed the way you act next to her," Tulin replied, "I can tell you have a huge crush on her."

"Well, yeah, it's Aya," Rhiannon sighed, "I fell in love with her as soon as I laid my eyes on her that day at the castle. But, I know it's not going to work because Aya is a Gerudo."

"Oh, yeah, the tradition," Tulin said, "well, can I tell you a secret as well?"

"Yeah!" Rhiannon smiled. "I'm just like you," Tulin said, "I've never been into girls... I'm into guys."

"Huh? Really?" Rhiannon gasped. "Yeah," Tulin sighed, "I've just never been brave enough to say it out loud, especially in front of my dad. There's this guy in the village that I really like, but I'm scared to tell him."

"I'm scared to tell Aya too," Rhiannon sighed, "I guess we're in the same pickle."

"You know," Tulin smiled, "I'm glad we had this conversation, Rhiannon."

"So am I," Rhiannon sighed, "it's so good to know there's someone else like me."

They both then exchanged a hug. "You two!" They looked over to see Teba and Link standing at the entrance. "You both know you're not supposed to be up here," Link said sternly, crossing his arms. "Sorry, father," Rhiannon sighed, "I--"

"Dad, Champion Link, it was my idea to come up here," Tulin said, "I'm sorry..."

"Tulin, I'm very disappointed in your actions today," Teba sighed, "first, you throw Princess Rhiannon off your back, then you sneak her in here?"

Tulin noticed the way Link was staring at him, almost as if he could tear him down with one glance. "Champion Link, it's not what it looks like," Tulin said nervously. "Rhiannon, let's go home," Link commanded. "Y-Yes, father..." Rhiannon obeyed, walking towards him. "What were you and Tulin doing up there, eh?" Link asked when they returned to their horses. "We were just talking, calm down," Rhiannon replied, "whatever you think we were doing, you can forget it."

"Fine," Link sighed, "but you know the rules, champ: no boys, am I clear?"

"Clear as water, father!" Rhiannon giggled, "You don't have to worry about that."

Present Day

"I'm telling you, Rhiannon!" Dori said, "Is there any woman in the kingdom you weren't involved romantically with?"

"Did I miss something?" Tulin asked. "Rhiannon is dating Zya," Dori said, "in fact, they're engaged because Little Miss Bubblehead made Hunky McHunkerson an armor! And according to Zora tradition, when a Zora princess makes armor for someone, it's a marriage proposal!"

"Congratulations?" Tulin asked, "I'm very confused... Do you not have feelings for Aya anymore?"

"I do!" Rhiannon asked, "It's... It's complicated, okay?!"

"What the heck is wrong with you?!" Dori gasped, "Why am I learning all of this 25 years later?! You were crushing on two women?!"

"In my defense, Zya's thing was unexpected," Rhiannon answered. "And when we go to Gerudo Town next, what are you telling Aya, hm?" Dori crossed her arms. "We'll cross that bridge when we get there," Rhiannon said, shoving food into her mouth. After dinner, Rhiannon and Dori walked downstairs to the inn. "Is this it?" Dori asked. "The Swallowed Rooster Inn," Rhiannon said, "yep, this is it."

They both walked in nervously. "Welcome," a female Rito said, "Princess Rhiannon, I think I speak for the people of Rito Village when I ask you to forgive us. We have judged you and your family blindly for 25 years."

"It's nothing to worry about," Rhiannon sighed, "I just figured out you all needed to know the truth."

"Well, Captain Tulin came earlier and booked two beds," the Rito woman said, "I didn't know it was for the both of you."

"Wait, did you say captain?" Rhiannon asked. "Tulin is captain?" added Dori. "Well, yes," the woman nodded, "Tulin is, or at least was, captain of the Rito army until his injury. He was leading a squadron towards Vah Medoh when he got hit in the wing."

"Hylia..." Rhiannon gasped, "I can't imagine how he must be feeling..."

"I just hope things turn around for us soon," the Rito woman sighed, "maybe they will, now that you're here."

"Hey, this is our third Divine Beast!" Dori exclaimed, "Ruta? Appeased. Rudania? Appeased. Medoh's next in the list."

"Anyway, I'm stumped," Rhiannon yawned, "we'll gladly have those beds."

"You're so lucky," the Rito woman smiled, "Captain Tulin booked two Rito-down beds for you!"

"What's a Rito-down bed?" Dori asked curiously. "A bed made with the softest feathers in the Hebra Region!" the woman replied, "Trust me, you'll have the best sleep of your life!"

"I just hope I'm not allergic to feathers," Rhiannon said as she walked towards one of the beds, "I don't know if I'm even going to be able to sleep tonight--"

As soon as she lay on the bed, she fell deeply asleep. "Whoa, she never shuts up that quick!" Dori gasped, "My turn!"

She took a few steps back and jumped into the bed, falling just as deeply asleep as her friend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 288 38
« Nothing will never do us apart. » It's been six months since I fell in love for the first time of my life. All of this because of him. Him, Link F...
142K 3.1K 46
A story which both Zelda fans and people who don't even know what Nintendo is can enjoy. It's a princess's dream to be swooped away by her knight in...
56.3K 743 32
After the demise of Calamity Ganon, Link and Zelda were finally free to fall in love and get married. All of a sudden, new evil merges and starts tak...
73.2K 1.1K 38
Princess Zelda, her trusty knight, Link, and her fellow champions of Hyrule go on a desperate mission to find and defeat Calamity Ganon. However, whe...