Unexpectedly Married To You

By dlynahoon

- THE UNEXPECTED SERIES : BOOK I - Devastated by the sudden confession from her boyfriend, Park Edlyn decided... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
the sequel
unexpectedly in love with you

thirty-six

22.5K 1.6K 931
By dlynahoon

Edlyn tucked a few strands of hair behind her ear as she hung her clothes into the closet. Jay let them choose either they wanted to share a room or sleep separately. And they chose separately. She turned around and stared at the empty bed, the corpses were still visible in her mind.

She closed her eyes and tried to shrug the thoughts off but failed. It was already midnight and she couldn't sleep. The sight of blood dripping from her bed bothered her. She opened the bedroom door slowly and walked out before knocking on Jake's room door.

"Jake..." she called softly. She didn't want to wake up Jay. The door opened, revealing Jake in messy hair. He rubbed his eyes sleepily and hummed in response. "Can I sleep with you?"

He coughed in surprise. "Not like sleeping together! I mean, you know, you sleep on the bed, I sleep on the couch or floor," she quickly explained.

"Why?"

"I can't sleep. I could still see blood on the bed," she lowered her gaze. To her surprise, he moved to the side to let her in. She walked in and was about to lie down on the couch until he threw a pillow at her, "What are you doing?"

She glared, "First of all, that hurts. Second of all, I'm sleeping on the couch. I'm not sleeping next to you."

"We're married. It's not like we've never slept next to each other. We did it twice."

She sighed and approached the bed before putting the bolster in the middle, "Don't cross this line."

He rolled his eyes before laying back down, staring at the ceiling. She laid down next to him, fiddling with her fingers nervously.

"How's Sorin?" She asked. "I'm not sure if I still like her," he confessed. She widened her eyes and looked at him, "Then, why are you still with her?"

"I don't know how to break up with her. I don't know what to do. I fell in love with someone else, I think."

"Who?" She asked excitedly. She rested her head on the palm of her hand as she waited for his response. He turned around, his back facing her, "I'm not telling you."

She scoffed and rolled her eyes, "You're too secretive."

"She's near. She just doesn't know it yet," he smiled. She moved closer, "What is she like?"

"She's pretty, rich, and smart. But a coward. Sometimes she's annoying, sometimes she makes me feel butterflies in my chest. She likes the weirdest things. She makes me want to protect her."

"Oh Sim Jake, I never knew you were the romantic, sweet kind of guy," she teased.

"Heeseung likes her too. And I'm jealous whenever he tries to win her," he frowned. "Then fight for her! You can't just give up! You like her," she said. He chuckled and looked at her, "Should I?"

She nodded and looked at the clock, realising it was past 2 in the morning. She laid back down and closed her eyes, "Good night. I hope you'll get her someday."

He stared at her and smiled, "Me too."

The sun rose and the blue sky arrived. Birds started singing outside, waking Jay up. He got up and went straight to the kitchen to cook for his sister and her husband. His phone suddenly rang and a familiar contact number was displayed on the screen.

He took a deep breath before answering, "Hey."

Daera hesitated to answer him. She licked her bottom lip before speaking, "Hey, umm I was just calling to check on Edlyn."

"She's fine. She's sleeping now."

She nodded slowly, "Well then, sorry to bother your morning."

"Wait!" He stopped her from hanging up, "Can we meet later? I need you to ask you a favour."

"Yeah sure," she said before ending the call. He exhaled heavily and put his phone aside, staring at it for a while. It was still awkward between them and he didn't want to make things more awkward.

He turned off the stove and walked to Edlyn's room before knocking on the door, "Wake up!"

No response.

He slowly opened the door, "I'm coming in!"

The room was dark and empty. He looked around and quickly rushed to Jake's room before sighing, seeing his sister sleeping next to his friend.

"I thought they hated each other," he mumbled confusedly. He smiled and closed the door, letting the couple sleep more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 8.4K 46
sim jake, cheerful and flirty. lee heeseung, cold and rude. or at least that's what they both looked like to each other. • shoutout to lovely 'Seun...
3.5K 282 12
Park Sunghoon was bored. Alone and cooped up in a shared hospital ward after a bad figure skating accident. He wasn't sure how much longer his sanity...
38.5K 1.7K 28
Love is in the air for Enhypen - with the exception of Ni-Ki, everyone's coupled up (and it doesn't matter to Ni-Ki as he's the center of the fan uni...
10.6K 298 18
--- Kim Nari never expects much. She only wants to live her life simply and continue doing what she does best, saving lives as the youngest doctor al...