Skin Deep: Imagines/ Request...

De OverKookie

This is my imagines book, where I combine my old one with the new one, and take requests. Will include BWWM... Mai multe

Let's Get This Party Started!
She Ain't You
Crush of My Life 🥰
This Kind Of Love
Hero With No Cape
That's My Mama
Magic City
Allstate or Statefarm
Ammunition
Thats My Mama (2)
Broken Bonds & Built Bridges
That's All Me
Crimes of Passion
That Bitch 'Crazy'
New Mommy
Stay With Me
Rain On Me
Built Bridges (2)
What You Can't Have
Crush Of My Life (2)
Open Season
Ghosts Of The Past
Stay With Me (2)
Rain On Me (2)
Open Season (2)
A Day's Work
Against The World
Level Up
Touched By An Angel
Friendly Neighbor
Ghosts Of The Past (2)
Don't Forget About Us
She For Keeps
If It Ain't Broken
Black Magic
Moment For Life
Open Season (3)
Rain On Me (3)
Stay With Me (3)
Legend Killer
Crimes Of Passion (2)
Hero With No Cape (2)
Love & War
Guns & Roses
Friendly Neighbor (2)
She For Keeps (2)
Labor Day
Send My Love
Let Me Explain
Stay With Me (4)
Say My Name
Stay With Me (5)
Keep Your Eyes Open
When One Door Closes
Deep Cuts (2)
If It Isn't Love
Dead Presidents
Thicker Than Water
Sweet Paradise
Irreplaceable
No New Friends
Let Me Explain (2)
Ted Talks
Take Care
Cheaper To Keep Her
Powerpuff Girls
Walk On The Wild Side
Story Time (18+)
Ride With Me
Strikes
Ted Talk (2)
Fun & Games
Fun & Games (her)
Men 🤦🏾‍♀️
Nights Like This
Black Women
Talk To Me
In My Feelings
Let Me Explain (3)
Spin The Block
Ted Talks (3)
That's My Dog
Is This The End
Is This The End (2)
Ladies Check In
Let Me Explain (4)
Falling
Easily Falling
Please Read!!
Bada Boom Pow!
Treats 🎃
Mrs. Officer
Story Time (2) 18+
Ted Talks (4)
I'd Rather Lose
Humble Beginnings
For A Little While
Take Your Time
Whisper In The Wind
Loyalty Loyalty Loyalty
Ted Talks (5)
All Women
Pimp A Pimp
One Of The Reasons
One Of The Reasons (2)
Let Me Explain (5)
Thanks For What
Christmas Ho Ho Hoes
Where My Eyes Can See
Ted Talks (6)
In Y'all's Business
It Was Easy
It Was All Yellow
Story Time (3)
Story Time (4) 18+
Raining Men
2022 What's New
Santa Baby
Trial & Error
Consequences
Ted Talks (7)
NEW BOOK ALERT!!!
I Love Y'all So Much!!
In Y'all Business (2)
Ted Talks (8)
Make It Right
Karma Needs Love
What A Beautiful Death
Ted Talk (9)
Mad
Mad(2)
Mad (3)
I Apologize!!!
Castle On The Hill
Double Trouble
Castle On The Hill (2)
Ted Talks (10)
In Y'all's Business (3)
No More Dreaming
Y'all Are The Best
Plans Change
Ted Talk (11)
Story Time (5)
Mother F☠️cker
Disgusting
In Y'all's Business (3)
He Wasn't Man Enough
Special Agent Oso
Make A Thug Cry 😩
What I'm Here For
Euphoria
Don't Listen
You Got Me
No Love On Valentines
In Y'all's Business (4)
Truth Is
Like I Want You
First & Last Time
Combination
Story Time (6)
Ted Talks (12)
The Love I Have For Y'all
Worth The Risk
No Negativity. Period
Suck Up Them Tears

No Turning Back

8K 183 69
De OverKookie

Mona's POV

"Mama, do we have to go? We can just stay at the house a binge watch movies together." My 16 year old daughter, Sonnie, asked for the umpteenth time.

She was sitting in the passenger seat, and my 11 year old son, Demar, was in the back, playing some game on his phone, not paying us any attention.

"Yes, you have to. It's your dad's week, and he's supposed to have some things planned. Why don't you wanna go anyway?" I asked, stopping at a red light.

"Because he's boring, and I don't like that thot he calls a fiancé." She huffed, crossing her arms.

"She isn't picking with you is she? Cause I'll whoop her ass if she messing with my babies." I said, driving through the green light.

I don't care how old my kids are, I'll catch a case for them.

"No, she just tries too hard. I can tell she's only trying to be nice, cause she's marrying dad. She's not genuine, plus she's a home wrecker, so my disdain is justified."

"Sonnie, I know things with me and your dad ended messily, and I'm sorry the both of you had to go through that. However, she is gonna be your new step mom soon. I'm not telling you, you have to like her, or respect her, cause respect is earned, but try to be cordial while you're around her."

"I'll try, but it's hard to. Ma they both hurt you, and they're just continuing on like nothing ever happened." She said, and honestly I understood where she was coming from.

Sonnie was only 12, and Demar was seven when me and their father got a divorce.

He had cheated on me with some woman he met at a bar, and when I filed for divorce, he moved and bought a house with her, and now they are engaged.

It was messy as hell, especially when it came to battling for custody, because he tried to get full custody, but I won, and he gets them every other week. If they could stay home, I'd let them, but it's court ordered that they have to stay with their dad.

That whole situation tore me apart, but I had to pull it together not only for myself, but for my kids.

It took a while to heal, but now I'm happy, and better than ever.

"I know, and you have every right to feel that way, but I've moved on. Yes it sucked going through that, but I like the way things are now. You'll be 17 soon, and next thing you know, you're gonna be off to college, and you won't have to do these visits anymore."

"Yeah, and I can finally have your room." Demar said, for the first time.

"Boy bye. That will always and forever be my room. I don't need you stinking it up with your foot fungus, and back sweat."

"Your daddy has foot fungus."

"Well he's your daddy too."

"Alright, that's enough. We're here." I said, pulling into my ex's mother's driveway.

They were having a family gathering this week, so the kids would mostly be spending it here.

Getting out the truck, all three of us headed into the house, since the door was already open.

"Is that my niece, Mona!" I heard his aunt Valerie say, when I walked in.

"Yes, it is. How you doing Val? It's been a long time since I've seen you." I asked, as the kids went around hugging their family.

Although Roderick and I aren't together anymore, his family still treats me like one of their own.

I don't come around often, but I still talk with them a little bit.

"Getting older by the day. Come on in this kitchen, and get yourself something to eat."

Walking behind her, I stepped into the kitchen being greeted by Rod's mother, aunts, cousins, and sisters.

"It's good to see you sweetie. I didn't think you'd come over." Beverly said, hugging me

"I didn't wanna just drop the kids off and leave, especially since I haven't seen y'all in a while." I said, accepting a bottle of water.

"Let me fix you a plate. I made them baked beans you like." She said, going over to the stove.

"Oh no, ma, you don't have to. I can't stay I have plans to get ready for." I said, and every one in the kitchen damn near broke their neck to look at me.

"Plans? Like, date plans? Or stay in and watch a movie plans?" One of Rod's cousins asked.

"Date plans, with my boyfriend." I said, and they all started screaming.

"When did you start dating again, and why didn't you tell me?" Valerie asked, taking a seat at the counter.

All of the women huddled in, like I was about to spill some juicy gossip.

"We've been together for a year and a half now. I didn't tell you because I thought it would be weird for me to talk to y'all about being with someone, other than your Roderick."

Like I know I'm cool with them, but what do I look like introducing my new man to my ex husband's family? That's odd.

"What's his name? What he look like? Have the kids met him? Does he have any kids?" They all rapidly started throwing questions at me.

"His name is Cyrus, and he's fine as hell. He has met the kids, and they absolutely love him. He has a nine year old daughter, and she is such a sweetheart. She reminds me so much of Sonnie." I said, thinking about my boyfriend, and his daughter.

"What about his baby mama? She not messy is she?" Another one of his cousins asked.

"Naw, she's actually really sweet. I've gone out to drinks with her and her girlfriend a couple of times."

I'm glad I don't have to deal with that baby mama drama, cause that for sure would have been a deal breaker.

"Now, here's the real question, does Roderick know?"

"Do I know what?" Rod asked, walking into the kitchen, and everyone got silent.

"About Mona's new man-Ouch!" His cousin yelled, after Val pinched her.

Looking at me, Rod checked me out, but I was less that flattered.

That ship has sailed, and passed.

"When the hell you start dating? Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, trying to mask his jealousy, but I saw it.

I was married to this man for 13 years, so I know him better than he knows himself.

"First of all, check your tone. Second, I don't have to tell you anything that goes on with me. It's my business." I snapped, not appreciating him interrogating me.

"It does have something to do with me, if he's gonna be around my kids. Have they met him yet?"

"Yes, they have, and they love him. Which is all that matters."

"You had no right bringing him around my kids, without talking to me first! That's disrespectful!"

"You mean the same way you brought that bitch around them, while we were still married?!" I clapped back, leaving everyone speechless.

"What?! You got nothing to say now?! You are such a fucking hypocrite, and so full of shit! You got the audacity to question me about moving on with my life, while you were the one that fucked around in the same house that me and your kids lived in! Fuck you, Roderick! You can kiss the blackest parts of my ass, cause I'll be damned if I have to answer to a ain't shit nigga, about what I can and can't do! Ms. Beverly I apologize for my language, and that you had to see me get out of character. I'll see y'all later, I have a date to get ready for." I said, before walking out the kitchen.

When I stepped into the living room, everyone was looking at me, including my kids.

I hated that they were in the middle of this.

They had already been through enough with the split a few years ago, and arguing with their father, wasn't gonna make things better.

I finally found someone that made me happy, after the biggest heartbreak of my life, and he loves my kids just as much as he loves me. But for my ex to try to make me feel like shit for moving on, made me snap.

I had been cordial after our divorce, for the sake of the kids. Even when his new girl got disrespectful, I kept it cool.

My relationship with him didn't matter anymore. I just wanted to focus on the kids and that's it.

"Y'all come here. Give me my hugs." I said to my kids, and they came over to hug and kiss me.

"Please be good, and keep your phones charged. Call me if you need me."

"Yes ma'am. I love you, ma." Demar said, as they walked me to the door.

"I love you more."

Seeing Roderick coming out the kitchen, he looked at me with eyes full of regret, but I just shook my head and walked out.

I had nothing left to say to him.

He made the choice to ruin our family, and he's gonna have to live with it.

Getting in my car, I pulled out of the driveway, and headed back home.

As soon as I got there, I went into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of wine, and a glass, before going upstairs to my room.

Going into my bathroom, I ran me a hot bubble bath, with a lavender scented bath bomb, and natural oils.

As I let it heat up, I stripped from my clothes, and poured a glass of wine.

Sitting the glass on the side of the tub, I went to my cabinet and grabbed a box of rose petals and sprinkled them over the bubbles, before sinking into the steaming water.

Taking a sip of my wine, I leaned back, feeling instantly relaxed.

But that moment of bliss was interrupted by my phone ringing.

Grabbing it from the little tray I had siting by the tub, a smile instantly spread across my face, seeing my man's contact pop up.

Hitting the green button, I bit my lip at the sight of Cyrus' handsome face.

"Hi, baby." I seductively greeted him.

"Hey beautiful. What you got going on? You looking all relaxed."

"I just got back home, and decided to take a bubble bath, before getting ready for tonight." I said, holding the camera back so he could see more of me.

Fat ma started tingling when he licked his, eyeing me down.

"You playing with fire, baby. I'm tempted to come over there early, and get me a taste."

"Maybe you should. Me and fat Ma missed you. She needs some loving." I said, taking my towel and squeezing water over my chest, to rinse the bubbles away, exposing my titties.

Hearing him curse under his breath, I squeezed them in my hands, and pinched my nipples.

"I'm on my way, baby." He said, and I watched him, pack some clothes into a duffel bag, and grab his keys.

"I'll be waiting. I love you."

"I love your pretty ass too."

Blowing him a kiss, we both hung up, and I hurried up and started washing myself up, and exfoliating.

Snatching my towel off the sink, I dried myself off while running into the room.

Oiling my skin and putting on some vanilla scented body spray, I threw on my satin robe, before going back into the bathroom to brush my teeth, and put my clothes into the hamper.

Grabbing the bottle of wine and my glass, I went into my closet, and picked out my fuck me pumps, before going back down stairs.

As soon as I made it to the last step, I heard a car door close, and I hurried up and put my heels on.

Running into the kitchen, I jumped on the island, and poured some more wine in my glass, as he opened the door with his key.

"Mona, baby?!" He called out, walking further into the house.

I swear his voice did things to me.

"In the kitchen, love!" I yelled, crossing my legs, exposing my thigh.

When he walked in, I watched his eyes trail over my form, perched up on the counter.

Stalking over to me, I uncrossed my legs, inviting him in between them.

Gently rubbing his hands up my legs, Cyrus caressed my thighs and hips, before pulling me closer to the edge of the counter.

I felt chills go up and down my spine, as his big hands moved further into my robe.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I pulled him close, sucking his bottom lip into my mouth.

His lips felt so damn good against mine, and the sensation of him grinding his hard appendage against lower lips, had me painfully throbbing.

"Cyrus." I whimpered, rolling my hips against him, trying to get some kind of stimulation on my aching clit.

"You like that, mamá?" He asked, pinching my nipples over the soft material of my robe.

"Mmhm. I want more, baby. Please."

Pulling the string of my robe, Cyrus opened it up, groaning at the sight of my naked body.

"So fucking beautiful." I heard him mumble, before he started placing kisses down my neck and chest.

When he wrapped his lips around my nipple, I threw my head back, letting out breathless moans from how good it felt.

I placed my hands on the back of his head, and arched my back, pushing more of my titties in his mouth.

Popping one out of his mouth, he teasingly bit the other one, while snatching my robe off completely.

"Cyrus, please!" I begged, needing him to put me out of my misery, but he just looked up at me, with those hypnotizing eyes, smiling.

He is such a damn tease.

Detaching his lips from my nipple with a nasty pop, Cy placed scorching hot kisses down my body, while pushing me to lay back on the island.

Hooking my legs into his forearms, he flattened his long tongue, and slowly dragged it through my wet folds, collecting my essence.

Swirling it around my clit, he sucked it into his mouth, making my toes curl.

As I looked down at him, Cyrus released my clit, then started rolling his tongue around it.

"That feels so fucking good, baby!" I moaned, rubbing my hand over his head.

Grabbing the back of my knees, Cyrus pushed them down further to the counter, before slipping his tongue inside me, tasting me from the source.

Adding his thumb into the mix, he rubbed circles over my sensitive bud, while his tongue cascaded against my quaking wall.

"Ooh shit! I'm bout to cum!" I moaned, as the coil deep inside me started to build.

A wave of heat rushed from my toes, all the way to my head, as I came hard on Cyrus' tongue.

As I was coming down from my high, Cyrus kissed back up my body, until he made it back to my lips, kissing me.

I sucked on his soft tongue tasting myself, as I wrapped my arms around him.

"You lucky we have plans, cause I'm ready to fuck you up." He said, placing kisses on my jaw.

"Well let's hurry up and get ready, so we can get this night started."

Scooping me up off the counter, Cyrus carried me upstairs, so we could get ready.

I didn't really know where we were going, but I knew it was gonna be something nice.

Anytime Cyrus planned a date, he always left me speechless, and it was hard to top, whenever it was my turn to make plans.

Usually I would where my hair down, but I decided to do a cute up do, with a few strands of hair falling down.

I did a light beat, on my face, and had to top it off with a nude gloss.

Going into the closet, I went through damn near every outfit and dress before I found the perfect one, and heels to match.

Slipping into the dress, I went back into the room, and looked myself over in the full body mirror.

"Damn, I look good." I said, turning to the side, admiring every angle.

"You ain't lying. You look incredibly beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, magnificent, jaw dropping, and every other synonym." Cyrus said, leaning against the door frame, making me smile.

Looking at him through the mirror, I took in his suit covered frame, admiring how good he looked.

"I could say the same for you, baby. You know I love it when you wear suits." I said, as he walked up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I lightly moaned, at the soft kisses he placed on my shoulders, as the scent of his cologne wafted around me.

Trailing those kisses up my neck, and to my lips, Cyrus slowly kissed me, invoking butterflies to flutter in my stomach.

I'm really in love with this man.

Seeing a flash go off, I realized Cy took a mirror picture of us, to commemorate the moment.

"Take another one." I said, turning around to wrap my arms around his neck, and lifted my leg up that had the thigh high slit, around his waist.

Sliding his hand up my exposed thigh, he gripped my ass, before taking the picture.

"You ready to go, bae?" He asked, placing a light kiss on my lips.

"Mmhm. Let's go."

Grabbing my clutch and keys, Cyrus locked up the house, and helped me into the car, before getting in himself.

As he was driving, I kept trying to figure out what he had planned for us. He didn't drop any hints, so it's not like I have anything to go off of.

"I'm about to give myself a headache, trying to figure out what we're doing." I huffed, sitting back in my seat.

Placing his hand on my thigh, Cyrus laughed at me pouting.

"You'll find out soon enough, since we're here." He said, pulling into the entry way of some huge building.

There were huge lights waving around the entrance, as different couples walked up a huge set of stairs, with a red carpet on it.

Now I'm even more confused.

Pulling up to the valet, Cyrus got out and handed the man his keys, before helping me out the car.

I looped my arm through his, and he lead us up the huge stairs.

When we made it to the top, there were a few people dressed up, making sure attendees had their tickets for entry.

When it was our turn, Cyrus took the tickets out of the inside of his blazer pocket and handed it to the older lady.

"Such a beautiful couple. Go right ahead in." She smiled at us, opening the velvet rope, so we could walk through.

"Oh my God." I gasped, when the curtains to the entry way, were pulled back.

"I was hoping I'd get that reaction out of you." Cyrus said, as we walked in further.

Everywhere I looked there were roses. He knew I had an unhealthy obsession with this, and always had fresh ones in my vases at home.

"Baby, how did you find out about this place?" I asked, trying to wrap my head around this incredible scenery.

"I overheard one of my employees talking about this pop up museum, a couple of months ago, that would be showcasing rose sculptures and art, and I had to jump on it." He said, as we stopped to look at a couple of pieces.

"I love it, babe. This is amazing." I smiled, pecking him on the lips.

I don't know how the hell I'm gonna too this date, cause this completely blew my mind.

As we continued walking around, we sipped on some champagne and had light conversations with some of the other couples.

Coming to an entry way, there was a black rope blocking us from going further, with a sign that said private.

"Baby, we can't go in there. We'll get in trouble." I said, as he unhooked the rope.

I looked around to see if anyone noticed, or there where any workers close by, but we were the only ones in this area.

"We'll be alright. They won't even notice we're gone." He said, walking through.

Taking a deep breath, I walked in as well, and he locked the rope back.

Grasping my hand, Cyrus and I walked through a small hallway, that had bouquets of roses and candles lining the walls.

It was absolutely beautiful, and I wondered why it wasn't on display with the rest of the roses.

When I turned the corner, I gasped and stopped in my tracks.

Instantly my body got hot, and my heart started bearing a mile a minute.

"Cyrus?" I quietly called out for him, but he didn't answer.

Turning around, there he was, down on one knee with a ring box in his hand.

Taking mine in his, he kissed the back of it, as my eyes started watering.

"For the longest I rehearsed what I was say in this moment, but my mind went blank. So I'll just speak from the heart." He said, taking a deep breath.

"The day I first met you, I truly couldn't believe my eyes. You were this angelic figure that blessed me with your presence, and made me forget where I was. I remember when you locked eyes with me, and gave me that perfect smile, that'll forever be etched in my memory, and I knew I would do anything to keep swing it. I didn't know how things would turn out for us, things have been better than I ever imagined. You're amazing with my son.
Hell, I think he loves you more than me. You gave me another one and daughter. Another reason to get up every morning. Another family. I wanna spend the rest of my life with all of you. Grow old, and watch our kids have kids. Wake up every morning to you, and hold you close at night. Will you let me do that, baby. Will you marry me, and spend the rest of your life with me?" He asked, as I wiped the tears that fell from his eyes.

"Yes, baby. Yes, I'll marry you." I said, trying to stop my tears from falling, but it was inevitable.

Opening the box, Cyrus placed a beautiful ring on my finger, before standing up and kissing me passionately.

Everything felt so unreal, in this moment.

It was like I was walking in a dream, and experiencing what heaven would be like.

"I love you, baby." He said against my lips, holding me close.

"I love you."

~

Roderick's POV

7 Months Later

"Stop fucking calling me, you delusional bitch!" I yelled into the phone as I was driving to my mom's house to pick up the kids.

She obviously didn't understand that I didn't wanna talk anymore.

"Baby, I'm sorry! Just talk to me, please!"

"There ain't nothing to talk about, so stop fucking calling!" I yelled, hanging up on my ex fiancé.

When I pulled into my mama's driveway, I sat there for a minute to calm down.

The last few months had been difficult for me.

I thought things with Elaine were going well.

We were engaged, and she had gotten pregnant with my third child, but all that shit came tumbling down, when I found out she was cheating on me, and the baby wasn't mine.

I had came home for lunch, instead of eating at my office, but when I walked in the house, I heard a bunch of moaning and groaning.

I had went upstairs, to our room, and she was in there getting passed around by two dudes.

She was even holding a phone recording herself, while she was giving one of them head.

She tried to hurry up and jump off the bed, when she saw me but it was too late.

I was so pissed off about what I was seeing, I ended up blacking out, and when I finally snapped back into it, I had my hands wrapped around one of the guys neck, while the other one was trying to pull me off.

Letting him go, I looked around the room at the broken lamps, and one dresser flipped over.

Elaine was standing in the corner, talking on the phone with a busted lip, and a bloody nose.

Realizing what I had done, I quickly ran out of the house, and jumped into my car.

I wasn't able to get too far away, cause a police officer ended up stopping me, for speeding.

I had hoped I would just get a ticket, but dispatch had warned about a 'crazed man' in the area, that had just assaulted two people.

He noticed my bruise knuckles, that had a little bit of blood on it, and once he confirmed my identity, I was arrested.

I had spent a few days in jail on a domestic and physical assault charge, but was let out because they decided to drop the charges.

Somehow my job found out about it, and decided they couldn't have a criminal working for them, and they fired me.

So for the last few months, I've been doing odd jobs to pay my bills, until I could find something better.

I had to downgrade houses, so now I live in a two bedroom apartment, and I had to sell my Audi for something cheaper, and use the rest of the money for bills.

I can't help but think it's karma coming around, to punish me for what I did to Mona.

She had been nothing short of an amazing wife and mother, and I hurt her for someone that wasn't even half of her.

When I found out she has been dating someone else, I felt crushed, but I couldn't really express it since o had done what I did.

I wanted to try and start over with her, and maybe rekindle things, but she only talked to me if it concerned the kids.

I met her new man once, when I dropped them off at home, cause he answered the door, and I felt like a complete failure, when the kids happily greeted him, calling him dad.

I lost my wife and my kids to him, but I have to get them back.

Finally getting out my car, I went into my mama's house, to find her in the kitchen, cooking.

"Hey, ma. The kids not here yet?" I asked, since I didn't see them in the living room, where they usually are.

"Uh um, no. They should be here in a minute. Sit down, so you can eat." She stuttered, turning back to the stove.

"So, how have things been going? Did you get that job at the firm?" She asked, putting food on a plate for me.

I noticed that she kept looking at the time on the stove.

"I don't know yet. They haven't called me back." I said, as she sat it in front of me.

For damn near thirty minutes, she kept looking back at the time and asking me random questions.

On top of that, the kids still weren't here.

"Ok, ma. What's going on? Why do you keep looking at the time? And why is it taking them so long to get here? Mona's never late with bringing them."

"Alright fine. The kids will be Hera, but it'll be later on tonight. They had something to do today."

"Something like what? Mona could've at least called to tell me that."

"She asked me to tell you, and I decided to wait."

"But why Ma?! You not telling me nothing!" I said, getting frustrated.

"Boy you better watch your tone with me." She said, looking back at the time.

"I apologize. Can you please tell me what's going on?" I asked, watching her take a deep breath, looking at me with sad eyes.

"The reason the kids are gonna be late getting here, is because they are in at a wedding."

"Who's wedding? I didn't know anybody was getting married." I asked, but I wasn't prepared for her answer.

"Mona's wedding. She's getting married today." She said, but it was like my mind couldn't register what I was hearing.

"No. No, you didn't just say that." I said, getting up, pacing the floor.

"I'm serious, Roddy. She's getting married."

"Why? You knew this whole time! Why didn't anybody tell me?"

"Yes, I have known. I was even invited to the wedding, but I decided not to go. I knew you would have tried to ruin it, if you had known sooner."

"But I'm your son! You could have told me. You know I've been trying to get right, and fix things between them!"

"And as my son, I'm obligated to tell you that there is no fixing things between you and Mona. You don't deserve her Roderick." She snapped, cutting me deeply.

"Ma, how could you say something like that?" I asked in disbelief.

"Think about it. How did it feel you when you found out about Elaine cheating?" She asked, but I stayed silent.

"It hurt, didn't it? Imagine how Mona felt after being with you for nearly 20 years. That woman would have done anything for you, but you stabbed her in the back, and got with the same woman you cheated with. Your kids don't even look at you the same, because of what you did to her. She finally found someone that really loves her, and treats her right. That loves your kids like their his own. You need to work on yourself, and find a woman for you, and treat her right. Stop holding on to the past, cause it's only gonna keep you from moving on." She said, leaving me alone in the kitchen.

It was hard to admit, but she was right.

I singlehandedly ruined my marriage, and my relationship with my kids, for something that was too good to be true.

The only thing I can do is work on myself, and earn the trust of my kids, and the respect of my ex wife.

Getting up from my chair, I got into my car and started driving. I didn't know where I was going, I just knew I needed to clear my head.

Turning the corner, on one of the main roads, I saw a bunch of people crowding the doors of a church, smiling and laughing.

There was a limo parked in front of it, with 'Just Married' written on the back, and realized it was a wedding.

As I was driving by, I saw Mona and her new husband walking out, with huge smiles on their faces.

I hadn't seen her smile in years, but even then, it was nothing like the one I was seeing now.

Demar and Sonnie were standing with her parents, throwing rice along with everyone else, and they looked just as happy.

In that moment, I realized the least I could do for her, was to truly let her go.

After all the damage I've done, she deserves to be happy. Even if it's without me.

I realized that there's no going back to what used to be. I can only look forward to the future.

———————————————————————-

~Thank you guys for reading. I hope you enjoyed it.

~If you did, please let me know what you thought in the comments, and show some love by voting ♥️

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

30.9K 551 18
🍂 Hᴇʟʟᴏ! ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ғɪʀsᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀɴ ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ. ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ sᴛᴏʀʏ's ғɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴡᴏᴍᴇɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀʟʟ ʀᴀᴄᴇs. ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ɪɴᴛᴇʀʀᴀ...
893K 31.3K 42
Just Read.
546K 14.3K 70
The Title Says It All 😊🤪
35.4K 654 23
Wattpad deleted the book so I'm uploading again and editing the ones from the past. Fluff, Smut and everything else that pops into my head These ch...