Fighting For You (Book 2)

By book-lover4ever

Fight! Fight! FIGHT!!! When everything that you've ever loved has been taking away from you, what would yo... More

Darkness hides the truth
Black Widow
What a bloody mess
Frankly, he deserves to die
The thing about young love
Is it morning already?
Locked up like this
Sex, secrets and lies are a killer combination
Oh brother, what a mess
Hunting little red
Beauty and the blade
I'm back motherf**kers!
Whole again
You don't know me, Bitch!
Love, lies and Sex
Oh, but it hurts so good
The devil's wife
Be still my beating heart
Ready or not, here I come
Death becomes her
Rivers Run Red
Tears Of A Killer
Rose Red With Black Thorn
Carbon Copy
Honey trap
Not quite lacey enough
Pretty little bate
Thy Sons and Daughters
History repeats
She is, or she isn't?
Confused Heart
Field Mission
Everything is Rosey
Lacey's Troubles
Mystery Woman
Forgotten, but not gone
This one, that one, which one?
Now she knows
Young love
Mystery Woman
Mummy Dearest
Lost Girl
His undoing
Terrible Trouble
Once broken, now fixed
A family again
Meet up
Family Feud
The Calm Before The Storm
Revelations - Part One
Revelations - Part Two
Richard
GIVEAWAY CHAPTER
One down
Addison
Perfect bate
Have the dress, but not the man
Two is a couple, three is a nuisance
Operation graveyard
Crazy bitch alert
Author's note

Long overdue

2.7K 90 34
By book-lover4ever

Just wanted to let you guys know this book had three to four chapters more. Then it will be the end.    :(  :(

*****

Killian's P.O.V

I was f**king pissed off with them both. With her for going against my direct order and him for agreeing to let her carry out her crazy plan.

"Killian, watch where you point that f**king thing," Mik said with his hand raised.

He was lucky I wasn't pointing it at his head. If the f**ker didn't want my bullet, he shouldn't have taken my wife and made her walk right into a trap.

"This is so f**king long overdue. Maybe if I had shot your ass earlier, you would have known better than to put my wife in danger!"

The thought of that bastard putting his hands on my baby, drove me insane. I was finding it hard to control myself. And the voices that had been dormant for years, reared their ugly head. I had to take deep breaths to calm myself, reminding myself that I had planned for this.

However, knowing that did not stop the urge I felt about shooting Mik. The f**ker had to learn. He had to know that putting my wife in any kind of danger meant putting himself in front of my gun.

"We didn't know that it was a trap." Mik tried to plead with me, but it only pissed me off further.

"You took my wife, unprotected and basically gave her over to my crazy sister and that f**king bastard. That's incompetent that I will not excuse, even from you."

He tried to say something else, but I was done talking. I felt so much pleasure when I raised my gun and shot him twice in both arms.

"F**k!" He grated out through clenched teeth.

I walked closer to him, pressing the nozzle of my gun to his head. I captured his injured hand and squeezed it, causing him to cry out.

"If anything happens to my wife, I will kill yours. If my wife dies, then your entire family will pay the price."

I gestured to Lloyd and Levi to get him in the car, and we drove back to the house to get everything together in order to get my baby back. I wasn't going to wait any longer than I had to. There was no way that I was going to give that bastard a chance to hurt her.

When we reached the house, Levi and Lloyd helped Mik out of the car and into the house. I took over from them as soon as the door was closed.

"You know, you didn't really have to shoot me twice." He said through painful hisses.

I chuckled, "I had to make it look real. Whoever was watching had to think that our relationship was beyond repair."

"I get that but shooting me once would have sufficed. I think the second one was just for your own benefit."

I feigned ignorance, "I honestly don't know what you're talking about."

He snorted, then hissed when the pain hit him, and I laughed. Levi came back with the first aid kit, and I got to work removing the bullets and making quick work of patching him up.

"You going to get her now," Mik asked.

"No better time than the present. The faster I get there, the faster she will be back in my arms." I told him as I knotted the last stitch.

"You know that I had no choice, right? She would have gone by herself if I hadn't agreed to go with her."

"I know," I replied.

I was glad that he was there with her, and he alerted me as soon as he had the chance. I was still pissed off that he agreed in the first place, but happy that he stopped her from doing something even more stupid.

"I'm coming with you." He said when I got up.

I looked at him like he was crazy, "And do what, Mik? Get yourself killed?"

He stood, hissing as he did so. "It's my job to watch your back. I'm your backup, remember. You need me there."

He was an idiot. A loyal one, but an idiot, nonetheless. "I'm not going to have your death on my conscience. You're staying your stupid ass here, and if you argue with me, I will shoot you in the leg and then you will definitely be unable to move."

Levi and Lloyd chuckled from behind me. Mik cast them a scrawl, which only made them laugh harder.

"I'm leaving his dumbass to you two clowns. Don't forget he tends to lose all common sense where Lilly is concerned. So, watch his f**king back and be his conscience when he loses his. Ignore any order that will likely get him killed. Think about the consequences later."

Both Lloyd and Levi nodded. I couldn't believe that they were listening to him when I was the one who paid them.

"Who the f**k died and made you the boss of me?" I asked Mik, feeling a little irritated.

"Just don't get killed, dumbass." Was his reply.

I nodded. "I promise to be home by six, dad."

He took his seat back on the couch, then closed his eyes and nodded his head, resting it back on the couch. I understood his concern, but if it came down to it, I'd gladly give my life so that Lilly could keep hers.

I turned to Levi and Lloyd, all fun and joke aside, and back to business. It was time to get my wife back.

"We still have her location?"

Levi held up the phone. "Yep, she has been stationary for the last twenty minutes. Our people have a lock on Kinsley as well. If we're lucky, we should be able to get the boss lady and get your sister all in one day.

I nodded, liking the sound of that. I was f**king tired and couldn't wait to finally put an end to both my sister and Richard.

"You do know, she will kick your ass when she finds out that you injected a tracker into her, right?" Mik said from his spot on the couch.

I knew it all too well, but she left me no choice. I knew that I would not have been able to stop her, that she would still go and do something stupid, and I was right.

"She's going to think that you didn't trust her and that's going to cause your relationship to become even rockier. I mean, with you f**king her sister and all." He carried on.

"Would you shut the f**k up." I barked out.

He chuckled, and I was tempted to shoot him again. He was trying to get back at me for shooting him twice, but I knew that his words were true. She will be pissed off, and it will take a lot of work on my part to try and regain her trust, but I didn't regret it for a minute. I would do it all over again if it meant keeping her safe.

"Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I'm just stating the facts." He continued.

My hands itched to do just that. I didn't need him telling me what I already knew. I didn't need the reminder.

"I don't f**king need your input, asshole."

I wished the idiot would just stay quiet and hurt in peace, but I had no such luck when it came to Mik.

"I'm just preparing you for what's to come. And I'm letting you know that when Lilly asks, I'm going to tell her that I had nothing to do with it. It was all your doing." He laughed, finding himself funny.

I decided that ignoring him was my best option. It was either that, or I shoot him again to make myself feel better.

"Let's go," I said to Levi and Lloyd.

"Hand me my phone and the remote will yah," Mik asked, gesturing to his jacket that was thrown over the chair by the door.

I grabbed his phone out of his jacket pocket, and place both it and the remote on the other side of the room.

"Here you go," I said smiling.

He grunted, realising the distance he would have to go to get them. I laughed when he groaned, and his head fell back on the couch.

"Evil f**king bastard." He whispered under his breath.

I laughed harder, "Love you too, bro. love you too."

I walked out of the room feeling a little less anxious, but still on edge. I wanted to get to wherever Richard took her and have her back in my arms.

****

Either he was an idiot, or he was confident that I wouldn't be able to find her. I couldn't believe that he took her to his mother's house.

"Is this a trap? Why would he bring her here? Why didn't he take her somewhere more secure?" Levi asked, feeling confused as well.

"I'm not sure what it is, but we're getting her out of there one way or the other."

I didn't intend to leave my baby with that bastard any longer than I had to. She was going to be back where she belonged, even if I had to kill every last f**ker in that house to achieve it.

"The boys are saying that she's definitely in there. He brought her here straight from the graveyard. His mother and his sister are in there as well." Lloyd relayed.

I had my people follow her because I wasn't sure what Richard was capable of, or if he would somehow find the tracker, I put on her. But I guess the idiot wasn't so smart after all.

"How are we going to play this, boss? This is the suburbs. The cops will be on our asses faster than we can say boo if we go in guns blazing. Nosey neighbour Sherley over there, that is peeking through her blinds, will have us in cuffs the moment we exit the car."

Levi was right. I understood why he chose his mother's place. Had he chosen somewhere secluded, it would have been easier for us to go in and retrieve her.

"We resort to plan B it would seem."

Levi nodded, "I'll tell the boys to get her."

I exited the car, instructing Levi and Lloyd to keep watch. Another car pulled up alongside mine and Lacey exited the car. She looked scared, but at that moment I didn't care. If I had to choose between Red's life and hers, Red would be the winner every time.

She looked at the house, and pure terror filled her eyes. She looked back at me and pleaded with her eyes for me to not make her go in there, but I didn't have a choice. Red was in there, and the only way to get her out was taking her in there.

"I'm so sorry, Lacey. But I can't lose her. I will try my best to get both of you out alive, but I'm not making any promises. Now, take off your jacket and put this on."

I handed her the vest that Gabe constructed. She looked at it curiously but took it from me anyway. I secured it in place and turned it on. Her eyes widened when she realised what it was.

"A bomb?"

It wasn't a question that needed answering, but I answered anyway. It was the least she deserved.

"Yes, I need assurance that he will hand my wife back to me in one piece, or he will get his own in pieces."

I was blunt, but I saw no need for beating around a bush. I didn't want her feeling like I betrayed her if it came down to it and I had to choose between her or Lilly.

I handed her back her jacket. She took it with shaky hands. Turning, I started walking towards the house, but her hand on mine stopped me.

"Promise me something, please." She pleaded.

"If it is within my means," I replied and she continued.

"Don't let him have me, please. I know that you will always choose Lilly, but please don't let him have me." She paused, looking me in my eyes.

"Detonate the vest. I would rather be dead than be with him."

I nodded my head. "I promise."

She smiled sadly, "Thank you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 581 49
{Sequel to The Deal} Hope is back with vengeance. Every single person who had the audacity to threaten her and her daughter will pay, even if she en...
388K 12K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...
26.2K 652 26
" this all is your fucking fault" all of a sudden I was slammed against my locker,towering over me was my arch enemy 'Sam the Dam'. My head was pound...
6.7K 480 41
[This is the spin-off of the Fighting For life series. Can be read as a standalone. Though, things about Levi's family will make a little bit more se...