Bucky Barnes X Y/n: I hate yo...

Par Y3llow_8utt3rfly

Her hands were scarred of murder, her eyes, dull and glassy as she loses her luster and her soul longing for... Plus

Author's Note
Avengers Compound Visuals
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
꧁༺𝓗𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒱𝒾𝓈𝓊𝒶𝓁𝓈༻꧂

Chapter 11

1.7K 33 19
Par Y3llow_8utt3rfly

I was out, when it wasn't too busy and was glad that no one either walked too close or accidently bumped into me, it was stupid that people didn't watch where they we're going, but I couldn't really do much about it, people will do whatever they want and blame whoever they want.

So, the best time to avoid people was quit literally the end of the evening, so there was only a short time frame where I could go out and have some alone time for a while until I'm bombarded with missions and meetings I have to attend.

I walked over to a small corner store that caught my attention after I heard a bell and saw some interesting stuff on it, the main thing that caught my attention was the portable stereo radio, it was baby blue with a brown leather strap and dial scale to change through different types of channels through the radio.

I like it, she says as I nod, me too, I said and when I headed into the store, I saw a gentleman with a newspaper covering his entire face, the only thing I could make out was that he was wearing a newsboy hat.

I hovered my finger over to the bell that sat on the counter and gave it a small tap that made it ping and got the shop owners attention, 'hello', he says and looks up as I nod and put the radio on the table next to him, 'would you like to buy it', he said as I nod again and he grabs a bag, 'would you like anything else', he asked as I shook my head a little, 'only the radio and this', I said after I picked up the pipe and handed it to him whilst he tallied that up to the total of the radio and I handed him the cash as I took the bag, 'thank you Sir', I said as he nods.

'You're welcome Y/n', he responds as I stopped at my track and look back at him whilst he smiles a little, '...sorry, you just look a lot like your grandmother', he explained as I grew to understand and nod.

'Oh uhm, I didn't know you knew her too', I said.

'Yeah, I knew her for a while too, Arthur told me', he says as I nod again, 'oh, do you know him too', I said as he nods, 'we're neighbours', he said as I nod again and he put out his hand over the counter, 'I'm Desmond', he says as I take a moment and then shake it as he smiled, 'It's nice to meet you Desmond', I said as our hands part, 'It's nice to meet you too', he says as I nod again.

'Well, I should head back before I'm missed', I explained as he to nods and waves as I head out and walk back to the compound.

I still had a few hours until my mission with Bucky, so I still had some time to kill and just when I was about to look up from my watch, I bumped into someone accidently, 'sorry', I said as I looked up and stood back a little, 'It's fine', he says as I saw Steve with Bucky by his side again whilst he looked at the bag in my hand, 'what did you buy', he asked as I opened it, took the box out and handed it to him as he smiled, 'a radio', he says as I nodded.

'Hmm, I like these type of things', I said as he smiled and I took it off of him and put it back in my bag, so he didn't accidently drop and break it, 'where are you going now', he asked.

'The Compound', I said as he nods, 'we're going back too, we'll walk together', he suggests as I nod again, and we head back.

I'm hungry, she says as I shook my head a little, I'm not, I responded as she sighed, if I'm hungry that means you are too, she says as I nod again, I've got something back in the compound, I said.

'Y/n', Steve called out to me the second time and I look up at him, 'uhm yeah, I mean, what did you say', I said as they both stared at me, 'I said if you liked listening to the radio', he repeats as I nod again, 'yeah, I like it', I responded.

Me too, she said and just when he was about to say something else, a store caught my eye as I grew thrilled, 'doughnuts', I excitedly said as I quickly head in and was thankful I was the only person in there as I walked over and saw a women, with an apron and white hat on and ordered some doughnuts from her.

________

I walked out whilst seeing the duo laughing at me whilst I ate the one I had in my hands and gave the other packet to Steve, 'I got you guys something too', I said as he took one and handed the other to Bucky whilst he stared at me, 'if you don't want it, give it back', I said.

'No, I'll eat it', he says as I turned and walked back to the compound.

You should be mean to him, he isn't very nice to us, she says as I nod, not really much I can do about that, besides, I don't like excluding someone, even if I hate them, I said.

Well you should, she says as I sighed and continued to eat, I like this one, I said whilst trying to move off of the subject and she nods, very delicious, she says.

________

I had Bucky stop the car for a moment, I couldn't be in that contraption for too long and if Coulson had just let us take the jet instead, this wouldn't be an issue right now, but alas, it is, and I couldn't do the anything about it.

I hate cars, I always did, so, I just needed some air when I stepped out of it, you're okay Y/n, she says as I nodded and took deep breaths, I hate this, I said as she nods, I know.

Just when I was about to take another breath, Bucky stepped infront of me and handed me an already opened bottle of water and I stared at him for a moment, then took it and drank it as it cooled my body down.

'Are you okay', he asked as I nodded and drank more of it, drink slower and more deep breaths, she says as I nodded.

________

I swerved my leg, knocking the guard on his ass, and swiping my blade across his neck, blood oozing out as I got up and headed down the corridor to where Bucky was.

I was about to turn when I saw him on his knees and a guard towering over him as he pointed his gun and I grabbed the point of the dagger, I had, already in my hand and threw it as it flew across the room and sliced through his Adams apple and jugular as he fell to his knees and then the ground.

Bucky got up and turned to me as I took my dagger out, wiped it on my jean and put it back it in my holster, 'thank you', he says as I look up at him and just when he was about to say something else, I heard a click from somewhere and quickly grabbed him as I pushed him against the wall and covered his mouth whilst he looked at me in surprise as I scanned my blind spots.

I took the stick I had in my hair, pressed the button, and allowed the dagger to come out as I saw the nozzle of a gun a few feet away from us and just when the guard was about to turn the corner to us, I stepped away from Bucky, put my hand on part of the gun, pushed it down and thrusted the blade into his stomach as he dropped to the ground, and I dropped his gun a few feet away from us so he couldn't reach for it.

________

We we're finally back at the compound, so I threw my belt off and jumped out of the car, 'since I saved your life, you can bring in the bags', I said and then closed the door as I headed in and walked up the stairs.

I made a straight b line to the meeting room, grabbed the remote and called Coulson as he answered straight away, 'Y/n, your back', he says as I nodded.

'Mmm, I got what you needed', I said as I put out the USB and he nods, 'send it to me and destroy the device afterwards', he instructed as I nod again and take the tablet into my hands.

'Hi Coulson', I heard Wanda and see Coulson smile at her when I glanced at them and see the team behind her, 'How are you Wanda', he asks as they come in, take a seat and they tell Coulson about their day whilst I continued to download the information.

'How did you find the mission, Bucky', Coulson asks him when he comes in with Steve and he nods, 'It was fine', he replies.

'That's good to hear', he says and they take a seat with us, 'done', Coulson asks and I shake my head, 'not yet, another minute or two', I said, then watch him nod and look back at the tablet again.

'Is this a pipe', Coulson asks and I look up to see it in his hands, 'yeah, it's got a radio concealed in it', I explain, 'It's for Tripp so he can put with the rest of his stuff', I said and then tap a few boxes on the tablet.

'Now it's done', I said and close the tablet whilst I look over at Coulson who had a sad smile on his face, 'what', I ask, because he never looks like that unless there's something going on, 'you should know', he starts, 'Tripp died', he says and I freeze for a moment and then clutch onto the tablet so I had something to brace myself on, 'He died protecting us', he adds and I stare back at him through the blurriness in my eyes, 'the funeral will be held in two days, so you should come', he says and the only response I give him is a curt nod.

I liked him, I heard her again and nod, I did too, he was very nice to us, I responded as she nods a little, we should still give it to him, he'll love it, she suggests as I nod again.

________

I sat next to the gravestone, the funeral had ended an hour ago, so when everyone left, I walked over and sat beside him, 'did I ever tell you how much of an idiot you are', I said and then let my hand run on the stone, the words, Antoine Triplett, beloved son and friend on it.

'Here', I said and set it down on the bed of grass, 'I thought you might like it', I state, 'It's what the KGB agents used on missions, so seeing as you like that sort of thing, I thought you might like it', I said and then when it falls silent, I listen to the tree's and the wind howling passed.

'You okay', I heard over my shoulder and looked over to see Bucky and sighed a little, 'I'm fine, go away', I said, nicely, because one I didn't want to cause a fight, second, I just couldn't be bothered with anyone and just wanted some alone time, I lost a good friend, I don't think I'll be able to move on from it.

When I thought he'd leave, I instead saw him sit beside me and sighed again, 'I said, go away', I said.

'I heard you the first time', he says and I only grow frustrated but keep my anger at bay.

________

*Bucky POV*

I walked up the stairs of the compound and sighed, Tripp reminded me a lot about his grandfather, the moment I saw him, I knew he looked familiar, but couldn't place him, so when he mentioned Jones, then the dots connected and I could see his grandfather through his eyes.

It's a shame he died so young, he didn't deserve what happened to him, but like his grandfather, he was a hero too and I hope wherever he is, he finds some sort of peace.

Beside from that Y/n, didn't look so great when we attended the funeral, she said she was fine, but I know better then to believe in those lies, so I kept an eye on her, even though she didn't interact with anyone at the funeral, I could tell how upset she was by the whole situation and I, for some reason wanted to reach out and help, which isn't something I usually do for people.

I froze in the middle of the staircase and heard someone yell with agony and pain, so I quickly pushed on my feet and ran up to the roof.

It took me no effort at all, I got there in a couple of seconds and when I burst through the door, I saw Y/n punching the wall over and over again until I quickly walked over, grabbed her and stopped her.

'Stop, you'll hurt yourself', I said and see her hand already oozing blood and the skin on her knuckles pealing away, 'don't touch me', she yells and gets out my grip with no effort, 'leave me alone', she says and I stare at her whilst she braces herself on the wall and slides down until she's sat on the floor and I hear her sigh.

'Do you think hurting yourself, will bring him back', I ask and she stares up at me, 'I don't need you to question what I do, so leave me alone and go away', she spat back.

'Tripp wouldn't want you to hurt yourself', I tell her and try to find a way in, 'you didn't know him at all, so don't stand there and tell me what he would've wanted', she says and I only sigh, she really is hard headed.

________

I wiped away the blood and bandaged the hand as she whimpered in her sleep and I look at her and pause.

When she's relaxed again, I procced with what I was doing, usually this would have taken five to ten minutes of cleaning and treating the wounds, but it took almost forty five minutes of treating her hand, because she could feel my touch on her and I didn't want that, I noticed she doesn't like people touching her unless she allows it, so I went as slow and steady as I could and fixed her broken skin.

'There', I whisper, 'don't hurt yourself again', I tell her and then pack everything away and get the box back in it's cabinet.

When I returned, I walk over slowly, take the blanket and place it on top of her so she doesn't get cold and before I could make a move to step back and leave, she instead grabs my arm and hugs to her chest, which surprised me because no one's ever touched my left arm, I never allowed anyone to touch it anyway, but she grasped on it like it was her lifeline and I didn't want to take that away from her, so I stayed rooted in place and watched over her.

*END OF POV*

________

I was looking out the window, the weather outside was getting colder, a little more icier then usual but I liked it, this time of the season I did.

I scoffed when I heard the directors voice boom and then sigh, 'first, don't tell me what I can and cannot do Valentina, cause newsflash, I don't work for you or anyone else for that matter', I interrupt and then stared at her for a brief moment and went back to staring out the window, she doesn't deserve a second glance and this conversation was getting boring real fast.

'Fine, I'll have a word with Coulson', she says.

'Second, don't presume I do everything for Coulson, I only follow his order out of respect for him', I said, and this time I stared back at her, it's very rare I give her the time of day but she needs to get it through her thick skull, 'third, I suggest you don't piss me, I'm a free agent that has full immunity and if you have a problem with that, by all means, go talk to the government', I tell her, 'forth, I'd drop the attitude, because the last time I checked, I outrank you', I remind her and the only thing she does is sigh her frustration and turn to Ross, 'you have nothing to contribute here', she asked.

'Not really', he says straight after, 'she outranks me too', he adds, and before she could step out, I stop her.

'I'm already pissed off Valentina, so either you play nice or you'll find yourself on the receiving end of how angry I can really get', I tell her and watch her walk out, with a mad look on her face, and I smile to myself, 'Mmm, it's still funny to see her pissed off', I said and look over at Ross whilst I slump back into a chair, 'you should have just agreed to the mission, she's going to retaliate if she doesn't get her way', he tells me.

'Oh I'd love to see her try that, because I can play that game too, and then she'll see how much power I really have', I said, '...besides, I'm not going to follow any order from her, the last time I did that and Coulson convinced me otherwise, she almost got me killed because her strategy to do things got in the way, so now she can find someone else to do her dirty work, I'm not a gimmick and she better stop acting like she has all the power in the world', I say whilst he grabs the remote, 'and Ross', I call out before he could end this call.

'You better get your wife under control, or else, she'll find herself short of an air supply', I said, more of a threat, but he understood the concept.

'Ex wife', he corrected.

'I don't care if she's the queen of England, I'm not doing shit for her and if she keeps using her power to try and make me do things, then I will retaliate, and then she'll know how not to piss me off and her job taken from her in a matter of seconds', I said.

'I'll take care of it', he says and I nod, 'good', I reply and then stand up and head out, leaving him in the room with the team.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

3K 128 22
You are Tony Starks Niece. Growing up having a superhero uncle, made superheros totally not interesting. You are the newest Avenger, but Uncle Tony d...
2.7K 68 16
A teammate lost their life, yet no one grieves too greatly. After walking around in her room, Natasha finds a box with a note attached. The note expl...
312K 8.5K 41
"Sorry, Ned. I've got places to be and daddy issues to avoid!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (Y/N)'s got it all! A lifelong friend, a dea...
78.5K 1.3K 44
From the time she can remember she was trained, beaten, and worked to the breaking point. But when an unknown group saves her and the winter soldier...