Bucky Barnes X Y/n: I hate yo...

By Y3llow_8utt3rfly

Her hands were scarred of murder, her eyes, dull and glassy as she loses her luster and her soul longing for... More

Author's Note
Avengers Compound Visuals
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
꧁༺𝓗𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒱𝒾𝓈𝓊𝒶𝓁𝓈༻꧂

Chapter 9

1.8K 31 30
By Y3llow_8utt3rfly

I walked up the stairs of a now empty compound, the team we're on their vacation, and as far as I know, Nat went to see her sister, Wanda and Vision went to some fancy hotel, Sam went to his sister, Pietro got tickets to an football match with an all you can eat buffet, which he was only excited about, Thor and Loki went to new Asgard and Steve and Bucky, I had no idea, But now I was the only one left at the compound and I liked the peace and quiet.

I headed back in when I had my daily fill of watching the sunrise wake up the sky and headed to the kitchen when I suddenly saw Steve and Bucky having a cup of coffee and I headed over to fill one too.

Surprising, did you know they we're here, the voice questioned as I shook my head a little, and was thankful that it wasn't the mean voice, she's always mean to me.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket once I felt the buzz and picked it up to hear Coulson's voice, 'How are you Y/n', he asked as I nod.

'I'm fine', I replied as he chuckled a little, 'good, I was just ringing to ask you what you needed, I got your voicemail, but I didn't hear anything', he says as my brows furrowed and filled my cup once the coffee was done.

Did I ring him, when, I questioned as I shook my head a little, 'I can't remember, what was it about', I asked.

'I don't know, that's why I'm asking you', he says as I shook my head again, 'it must have been an accident', I implied.

'Okay, well if you remember, let me know', he suggests as I put it back and heard something on his side of the call, '...I need to go Y/n, I'll speak to you soon', he says as I nodded again, and he hung up, so I stuffed it back into my pocket.

I was about to take the stairs up when I heard Steve's voice and turned to him, 'do you want to go grab some breakfast Y/n', he questioned as I shook my head once again, 'I'm not hungry', I said as he put his mug in the sink, 'then why's your stomach growling, I can hear it from here', he says as I sighed under my breath, traitor, the thought ran across my mind when I was about to respond but he interrupted, 'you said last time you would come, so we should go today and I'm not taking no as an answer', he says as I became frustrated, and put my mug down before I threw it at him because he was being ridiculous, I honestly forgot about the promise I made him a few weeks ago and seeing as I don't go against my word, I relented and said I would go.

'Fine', I muttered, the sooner I get this done, the better, the thought ran across my mind as I followed him out whilst Bucky stood beside him, 'Great, two annoying idiots', I muttered under my breath.

'We're not annoying', Steve says as I sighed at him whilst he chuckled, and I rolled my eyes a little.

________

I sat down on the table we found vacant whilst Steve gave me my wrap or whatever it was anyway. I unwrapped it when they did and stared at it, how do we eat it, she asked as I shrug my shoulders a little, do we get a knife and fork, I asked.

I have no idea, she responded as I keep staring at it, 'is something wrong Y/n', Steve asked as I look up at him, ask him, she says.

'What is it', I asked as they both stared at me, blankly, 'a breakfast burrito', he responded as I nod my head a little, ask him the other question now, she says.

I'm going to get laughed at, I responded as she shook her head, no we won't, ask, she repeated.

'How do I eat it', I asked as he handed me half of my burrito and I took it whilst seeing, eggs, cheese, small pieces of hash browns, peppers, and some other things, 'now take a bite', he instructed as I look at him and then back at it as I did what he instructed, and they smiled a little.

'Do you like it', he asked as I nodded whilst they ate there's too, I like it too, she says as I smiled under my breath.

________

We finished our breakfast hours ago and took a stroll through the city, wow, there are more flowers and branched on these building, the thought ran across my mind as I stared around and moved away from people that we're too busy to know that they we're almost going to bump into me, and I had to move at the last second, idiots, can't even look where they're going, the thought ran across my mind.

I was just about to change my direction and head back to the compound and make a mental note to take a walk later on tonight because the streets wouldn't be packed with people, but that all went out the window when I looked up at a bookstore and contained my excitement when I decided to head in.

The fresh smell of books succumbed my nose as I looked around the store and took a step further in to see what selection of books they had and continued to look around when I heard some ruffling, 'Y/n', someone said as I looked up to see a medium built old gentleman, his faded grey hair neatly put to the side, the round optical on the tip of his nose, showing the blue of his eyes, 'uhm yeah, you know who I am', I asked whilst he walked over to me with the help of his cane and I took a step back as I held a book and looked down a little when he judges every aspect of my face, 'wow, you haven't aged a day', he says as I look back at him and became confused, 'I'm sorry, I don't know what that means', I said whilst I saw his glasses sliding down the bridge of his nose when he leaned in on his cane, 'you really don't remember me', he says as I shook my head.

'I'm sorry, but I don't think we've met before', I said as he nods and leans back again whilst pushing his glasses back, 'I must have the wrong person, my memory isn't as young as it used to be', he says as I nod a little, that's understandable, the thought ran across my mind as I remembered something.

'I was named after my grandmother; you must have met her... I've been told I looked like her', I implied as he looks back at me and nods, 'Yes, that must be it', he says and it triggers my curiosity, 'how did you know her exactly', I questioned.

'We we're friends, good friends actually', he says as I nod again, '...that's after she saved my life from some very bad people', he says.

'Really', I questioned as he nods too, 'Hmm, she put me in protective custody along with my family, I owe her my life', he explained.

'How long did you know her'.

'I've known her for six years, but she disappeared, and I never saw her again', he says whilst he turned sad and turned to get back to the till once he realised he had other customers.

________

I noticed the old man laughing to himself when I put the set of books on his counter, 'are you sure you have enough', he says as I look up at him,'is there a limit to how much I can get', I said as he shook his head a little.

'No, just people don't buy this many books', he says as I nod and watch him scan them, as he read each title out, 'you know I have copies of the Narnia books', he says as I nod when he put the book down, 'you should read the Magicians nephew, that's the first one in the series', he explained as I look back at him, 'I can't find it anywhere', I said as he finished with the last book and then stepped back, as he fished out a box and handed one of the books he had in there, 'is that the one you're looking for', he asked as I nod my head again and flipped through the pages as I noticed a signature, 'He signed it', he says as I look back at him.

'Really', I questioned as he nods, smiles and hands me the rest of the box as I look inside and see the hole collection, 'keep them', he says as I look back at him and shook my head.

'No, I can't, I'll just borrow the first book and I'll give it back to you when I'm done', I said as he shook his head too, 'They we're for your grandmother, I was going to give them to her but seeing as I never got that chance, I'll give them to you instead', he explained.

'I'll pay for them then', I said as he shook his head again, 'No, they're free of charge', he says as I sighed under my breath, 'I can't let you do that Sir; I pay or I don't take the books', I said.

'Fine, I tell you what, if you want to pay me back, you have to buy me a cup of coffee from around the corner, whenever your free', he says as I nod.

'I can do that, what time would you like me to come', I questioned as he put the bag on top, 'anytime you'd like', he says and then walks out of his booth and stands infront of me as I took another step back whilst he put out his hand, 'I'm Arthur', he says as I look at it, then at him and then at his hand, and after a moment, I shook it, 'It's nice to meet you Arthur', I said as he smiled and our hands part, he's very nice isn't he, I questioned.

Yes, I agree, I like him too, she says.

I walked out whilst the duo followed and Steve taking the bag from me as he carried it for me, 'I can carry it Steve, I don't need any help', I said as he shook his head.

'It's fine, you're carrying a lot', he says and before I could say anything else, Bucky grabbed the box off of me and held it, 'I can carry it', I said whilst trying to grab it from him and he shook his head as I sighed in frustration.

Fucking annoying aren't they, I questioned as she shook her head, Steve is nice, I don't like the other one, he isn't nice, we shall hate him forever, she says.

I agree, I said.

________

I moved swiftly out of my seat and walked behind Wanda, Vision, Pietro, Sam, and Steve.

I took a seat at the end of the table today which is why I didn't really have much of an advantage point, so when I neared to where Coulson had stood, I circled around him and knew from this position, the Colonel couldn't see me, or if he knew I was even here, but that was quickly going to change, because when he stepped towards him, I moved my feet and planted myself in front of Coulson, then moved my right hand and caught his balled up fist, which surprises and shocks him.

I then twist his arm back and slam him into the table where the team sat around, 'see where your stupidity got you', an unfamiliar growl riverbrated my voice, but I don't take notice of it when he starts to struggles, but I keep him there.

'I'd say you punched like a girl', I said when I look down at him, 'but then again, that'll be insult to us girls', I add and it's then he looks back at me with anger in his eyes.

'Get off me', he orders.

'I want you to say please', I said and when he tries to move and get out of my grip, I one up him and throw his arm back farther.

'Y/n, no', Coulson tells me but I ignore him, 'you have two options', I tell the Colonel, 'the first is you apologise', I said and when he jolts, I tighten my grip, 'or the second is where I make the time to teach you some manners and then cause a blood bath where I paint these walls with your blood', I warn and threaten him.

'You have five seconds before I pick for you with the added bonus of me breaking your arm', I said next and the room is filled with silence.

'Well let's not say he didn't deserved that', I heard General Talbot behind me but I make no effort to move, 'you shouldn't really be encouraging this', Coulson tells him and I hear a chair squeak behind me.

'Times up', I spit out and just when I applied pressure, the General spoke again, 'I suggest you apologise or else I let her do whatever she wants with you', Talbot warns him.

'Fine, I'm sorry', he says, 'pissing off the angel of death isn't on my to do list today', he adds and it's then I hear Coulson sigh, 'great', he mutters and the next minute I know I've replaced my hand and wrapped it around his throat.

Honestly it happened so fast, even I didn't recognise what I did until I pinned him where I had him.

'I don't give a shit how high you rank yourself, you call me that again, I'll kill you and everything you love without a second thought', I warn him through clenched teeth and stare down at him.

'Y/n, let him go please', Coulson breaks the silence in the room again and I stay there for a moment longer, until I feel Coulson's hand on my arm and I sigh to myself and let go.

'Remember, no killing anyone', Coulson reminds me the promise I made to him, but I don't take notice of it, and keep staring at the Colonel whilst he straightens himself out, I haven't been called that name in a long time, so I don't intend to make it follow with me now or in the future.

'Y/n', Coulson reaches out again.

'I heard you the first time', I said and then stare at him, which is when I notice his warm smile, 'good, ignore what he said', he says and I sigh to myself again.

'Yeah, because that's going to work out so well', the Colonel said and I swing around and let my fist meet his face.

When he let out a load groan and straightened himself again, I stare at him again, 'a broken nose is the least of your problems, I catch you in my line of sight again, I don't care what promises I made, I'll kill you for the fun of it', I threatened and then walk out the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 303 30
Having been taken into the Avengers only a year ago and surviving her kidnapped by HYDRA, Emily had finally felt like she had a place to belong and s...
12.4K 557 23
~~Completed~~ Margaret had arrived almost 6 months ago now to visit her friend Natasha. After being rescued from the Red Room when she was just a you...
42K 847 128
Michelle lost her entire family in a fire as a little girl. She then grew up in various homes for orphans. All her life she longs for the family that...
76.1K 2.1K 50
As a HYDRA experiment you can't seem to feel anything anymore until you meet the tall dark haired man he's sour at first but sweet comes eventually t...