The Undead

By SunrisexCamren

After waking up from her 3-year coma, she comes to find out that the world that she knew is gone, it's an apo... More

Prologue
The Empire
Bitten
Mysterious Abilities
The Pure Blood
Zombie Training
Kicking It Off
Welcome To The Elites
Lost Blood
Infiltrating
Fight To Survive
Escaping The Brawl
Survivors
A Win And A Loss
Out In The Undead World
Escaping The Horde
Dinah's Crew's Journey
Gerald's Journey
Camila's Crew's Journey
Lauren's Crew's Journey
Recuperation
A Long Adventure
The Markings
All Together
To Rest
Finding Sanctuary
Alexandria
Dinner With The Governor
Tasks
Old Mentor
Only Remain From The Past
Supply Run
Apocalyptic Future Parents
The Honorable
The White House
A Future Family Joyful Day
Grab And Go
Held Captive
The Potential Cure
The Fate Nearing
All Out War
Going After The Big Man
No More Left To Fight
Epilogue

Pairing Off

247 13 1
By SunrisexCamren

Camila's POV

There are only three rooms in the house we're staying in, Lauren and I in one, Niall and Ally in another, and Louis and Harry in the other, the rest are camping out in the living room.

I stir in bed and stretch out but I couldn't fully due to Lauren's arm wrapped around me.

I lay my head on her shoulder as I place my hand on her chest, staring at the blank wall in front of me.

We all stayed up late last night because Andrew was helping us settle into the community and after that, the group started discussing, more like arguing, about trusting Andrew or not and why did Lauren chose to agree to stay here, well for that last one my brother mainly argued about it and then he shut up when I took the blame since I kinda did tell Lauren to take that decision. And now here we are, on our first official day as Alexandrians as to how Andrew called us last night during dinner.

Suddenly, a ding goes off throughout the house, I didn't know that there was a doorbell, and if I did, how does it still work?

The doorbell goes off again as I hear Lauren mumble, probably curse words.

"It's probably Andrew," I said when I hear her mumble 'who could that be'.

"I'm fucking killing him," Lauren mumbles.

"I'll go answer it. I can sense nobody else will," I said.

And it's no lie, the doorbell is still ringing and nobody has answered it yet.

"I'm killing those motherfuckers downstairs," I said.

"I understand them. I don't want to get the fuck up either," Lauren mumbles. She turns to lay on her stomach as she stuffs her face into the pillow.

I smile as I walk over to her and kiss the back of her head before walking out of the room and down the stairs.

I check the living room, some of them are awake but not bothering at all to answer the door.

"You guys can go to hell," I said.

Some flick me off, may I say, aka Dinah, and some laugh it off.

I open the front door and indeed Andrew is waiting outside leaning against the doorway.

"Good morning," Andrew says.

"It's so early. Is something wrong Governor?" I ask.

"No, but I came here to advise you guys to get ready. Everyone here has tasks to do and y'all have your first ones today," Andrew says.

He's more serious, like the leader he Is supposed to be, there's no hint of a single smile on his face, and let me tell he looks equally as menacing as Lauren does but she probably looks even more.

"I will advise everyone else," I said.

"I will await you guys by the front gate," Andrew says and walks away.

I close the front door and I turn to see Lauren coming down the stairs.

"Was it indeed Andrew?" Lauren asks.

"Yeah," I nod.

"What did he want?" Lauren asks.

"We have tasks to do, apparently," I said.

Lauren's lips form into a scowl as she walks into the kitchen with me right behind her.

"See, in the Empire, the residences got a choice to work. Seems we're forced here," Lauren says.

"Maybe he's testing us?" I said.

She grabs a glass and then a pitcher of water as she fills the glass. "Maybe," Lauren says.

Once the glass is full, Lauren immediately downs it as some spills on her chin.

"Hey, it seems he's a leader just like you," I walk over to her.

"He can't compare," Lauren says.

I slide in between her and the counter as I lick off the water on her chin. "I suppose," I tease.

Lauren smiles and picks me up as she sits me down on the counter. "If he is testing us, then he might be getting on my good side," She says.

"I want to get on your good side," I whisper.

Lauren laughs as she rests her hands on my waist and my legs wrap around her torso.

"You already are," Lauren whispers.

I wrap my arms around her neck as I connect our lips in a heated kiss.

Lauren's hands go under my shirt as my hands bury themselves in her hair, gripping handfuls.

"You guys just ruined my appetite."

We pull away from each other and look over to see Dinah standing at the entry.

"Sorry," I whisper, looking down.

Lauren rests her head against mine as Dinah walks further in and grabs a cupcake from the fridge.

"What the fuck Dinah. A cupcake? It's seven in the morning," Lauren says.

"Shut up," Dinah says as she takes a huge bite.

"Hey, don't talk to me like that," Lauren says firmly.

"Yes, boss," Dinah salutes.

"You're an idiot," Lauren laughs.

"We should be getting ready to meet Andrew. We don't want to make him wait," I said.

After waking up everybody and all of us changing into some new clothes, we all walk towards the front gate where Andrew is waiting with a group of people right behind him.

"Good morning to you all," Andrew steps forward.

Everyone says good morning to each other as Andrew examines our outfits especially mine.

"Are you guys military?" Andrew asks.

"Two of us. The rest were trained. Three are doctors. And four are normal civilians," Lauren says.

"And that armor?" Andrew gestures towards me.

"A special armor I found," Lauren says.

"How did you come across it?" Andrew asks.

"As military, I know my bases well," Lauren says.

"I suppose I understand that since I'm a sheriff. But enough of that. I will like you all to meet some people," Andrew says.

We all stare at the people right behind him as they all look like all of us, serious, not to be messed with and I feel like in some way we are alike. It feels like we are the same people but from an alternate universe but somehow in the same one.

"I will like you all to meet Norman Reedus, Lauren Cohan, Chandler Riggs, Danai Gurira, Steven Yeun, and Melissa McBride," Andrew introduces.

We all introduce ourselves to Andrew's group as we each shake hands with them.

"Now then, let's pair off. First, Lauren, you will be with me," Andrew says.

I feel Lauren tense up beside me as I squeeze her arm making her soften just a tiny bit.

Andrew clears his throat as he begins to name off who will pair off with who in his group.

Dinah, Ally, and Normani will be going off with Melissa to document all the supplies the community has and how much of it.

Louis and Halsey will be going off with Cohan to farm the crops and vegetables the community is growing.

Zayn and Gerald will be going off with Chandler to teach the youngsters how to fight and use weapons.

Colson and Shawn will be going off with Norman to go and hunt for meat.

Harry and Niall will be going off with Steven to help fix the walls or make them more secure inside and the outside perimeter.

While Liam and I will be going off with Danai to make sure there is no undead a couple of meters out of the community.

"Alright Lauren, you and I will be going to find supplies usable to help fortify the walls or the outside perimeter and while we're at it maybe some other supplies that I have listed that we crucially need," Andrew says.

"Yes, Governor," Lauren says.

I don't know if I just imaged it but I see her flinch while saying those words.

"Perfect. We will be going out in five," Andrew says.

Everybody disperse to go and gather up their gear for their necessary tasks as only Lauren and I stay glued to our spots.

"I hate saying that," Lauren finally speaks.

"Calling Andrew Governor?" I ask even though I already know the answer.

"Yeah," Lauren says.

"Something's wrong with you. You seem worried since we got here. Last night you didn't even want to... Do it with me," I said.

"I don't want to talk about it," Lauren shakes her head, looking away from me.

"Don't give me that bullshit, Lauren," I said.

Lauren sighs as she turns to look at me again. "I'm worried and scared that I'll be losing my leadership," She says.

"Lauren..." I whisper.

"Just tell me it's true. Everybody will be looking up at Andrew as their leader," Lauren starts pacing.

"No. That's not true," I said.

"Bullshit!" Lauren raises her voice.

"Don't fucking raise your damn voice at me. Listen to my goddamn words. It's. Not. True. You won't lose your leadership. Everybody has confidence in you, everybody feels safer with you. You've legit bled for them just to keep them safe. You've sacrificed yourself for them. Hell, if my brother doesn't trust Andrew what makes you think everybody else will? And Zayn is loyal to you, all of your Elites are, even the ones that aren't part of your Elites. I'm loyal to you," I said.

I've now realized how quiet she's gotten, how glassy her green eyes are.

"You took me in, you helped me learn about myself and helped me accept that despite me being immune to this undead virus shit I'm no different like every human here, you loved me despite it," I said.

Lauren bites her lower lip as a tear escapes her eye making me step closer to her and wipe it away, my hand resting on her cheek.

"I love you. And I'll tell you a hundred million times more that you will never lose your leadership over your people and that I love you," I smile.

"I love you too," Lauren rests her forehead against mine.

I connect our lips in a sweet kiss as my arms wrap around her neck and hers around my waist.

"Hey, good thing Andrew was nice enough to let us keep all of our belongings."

Lauren and I pull away from each other as we see the others run up to us.

"Thank you," Lauren smiles at Zayn as she takes her assault rifle and pistol.

She holsters the pistol and swings the rifle around her shoulders as Zayn hands me a pistol.

"Thank you, Zayn," I said as I holster it in my thigh holster.

"Guys, I want to be sincere with you all and I want you all to know that I'm scared, worried," Lauren says.

I frown as I grip her arm, squeezing it softly. "Are you sure you want to tell them?" I whisper in her ear.

"I am," Lauren whispers, nodding softly. 

She was about to continue talking to the rest but then three cars pull up with Andrew, Norman, and Danai in them while the rest of Andrew's group walks over to us.

"I will talk to you guys tonight," Lauren says to everyone.

They all have worried expressions on their faces but decide to put it off to the side for now by nodding or not bringing it up until later tonight.

"Let's get rolling people," Andrew says.

"This is going to be a long-ass day," Lauren breathes out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32K 1.3K 30
Better to not live life with secrets
70.1K 3.3K 44
Camila knows she's only got maybe twenty more years of her life left. She knows she won't live long enough to do a lot of things she's wanted to do l...
11.2K 669 40
Captured and separated from her tribe and family. She and her tribe killed many Confederacy soldiers and now they are paying the consequences. Brough...
27.1K 928 28
Sequel to Falling For A Gang Leader