Their little star

By RyuuLu

If there is one thing Skye is sure about, the one thing she has come to learn, is that there are people out t... More

Melinda
Melinda
Maria
Phil
Phil
Victoria
Natasha
Maria
Skye
Skye
Skye
Maria
Skye
Skye
Natasha
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Maria
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Victoria
Skye
Jemma
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Jemma
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Bonus Chapter
Skye
Pepper
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Melinda
Skye
Jemma
Skye

Skye

408 18 3
By RyuuLu

The moment that bag is being taken off, she is going to tell Phil some well-chosen word for pulling a stunt like this. Sure, she wanted to get away from the van and Rising Tied, but having a bag over her head and being manhandled by some random guy isn't the way to do it. And Phil should know better, he knows very well what she thinks about men.

Skye was not happy as she was pushed into a car. She had a small fight with herself to just tell Phil right here and now that he can just drop her back at the van and have Maria send someone else. It was at that moment however that Skye comes to realise something, Phil is dead. He was killed by Loki before the Battle of New York.

So how can he be sitting in front of her in this car right now? She opens her mouth, trying to get a single word out, only to fail. This can't see true, she had seen the full report, Natasha, Clint, Maria and the Avengers all confirmed it. Agent Philip Coulson is dead. So who is the person in front of her?

Feeling how her body starts to shake out of fear, she takes a few deep breaths to calm herself down. She can't afford going back to her old ways, not now. If she wants to learn what is going on, she needs to push all of that out of her mind, use the training she has been given.

Feeling how the car slows down and comes to a stop, she braces herself. The door beside her is pulled open once more and she is pulled out. Feeling the fear push towards the surface once more by the way she is handled, she forces herself to think about other things. Forces herself to remember every single fun moment she has shared with her siblings, all the pranks she and Gwen used to pull on the other students in ballet class, all the time they got away with it because of Natasha.

Feeling slightly better, she tries to figure out where they are taking her. Trying to listen to the different sounds around her, trying to not trip in the staircase. At least her time in the darkness is over as she gets pushed towards a chair and the bag is being pulled off in the progress.

Looking around herself, she finds that they have taken her to a small room with only two chairs and a table. Looking at Phil and the unknown man, all Skye wish to do is sink down as fat as she can and not look at them. But she knows she can't do this and pulling on the best brave face she has, she looks at them.

"You guys are making a big mistake."

She tells them, surprising herself how collected she sounds as she speaks. Compared to how she is feeling.

"You don't look that big."

The unknown agent points out and Skye wishes she could roll her eyes. This is the first time he has spoken to her and she already dislike him.

"Sorry for the lack of finesse. Agent Ward here has had a little history with your group... The Rising Tied."

Phil explains and Skye turns to look at him. It's the same voice as Phil's, the same tone she heard him use on Clint and Natasha so many times. But she can tell that something is wrong and the fact that he doesn't recognise her, it hurts. But she guesses she shouldn't be all too surprised. She had still been a young child when he was her guardian after all. But she likes to think she hasn't changed that much.

"I don't know... what you're -"

She says, keeping up the hacker persona once more.

"Okay, there are two ways we can do this."

This Ward agent interrupts her and Skye turns to look at him. Alright, she really, really dislike this man and she isn't that overly happy about men, to begin with.

"Oh. Is one of them the easy way?"

She asks, she can almost hear Clint saying it and she fights hard not to smile too big about this. Her brother would at least be proud of her comeback.

"No."

The reply was short and direct and Skye can't help it anymore, she shrinks down in her chair and lets out a small oh in the process.

"What's your name?"

Ward asks with eyes narrowed.

"Skye."

She answers him, voice growing weak.

"What's your real name?"

He asks once more and Skye almost want to laugh at this. Skye is her real name, at least it has been her real and legal name since she moved in with Natasha, Clint and Maria. At least the three of them understand why she didn't want to go by that other name.

"That can wait."

Phil speaks up and Skye turns her attention towards him, a small ray of hope starts to shine.

"It's another name we need... a certain hero."

He continues and the hope dies. As she looks at the two men in the room, she starts to wonder why Maria or Victoria would send either of them to pick her up, especially when they are acting like this. As she looks towards Phil once more, she realises neither of them has sent him. They have no idea they have picked up S.H.I.E.L.D's secret undercover agent. Could this get any better?

"What makes you think I know that?"
She asks him and she narrows her eyes slightly.

"Well, you made a little mistake. The phone you filmed the hooded hero with had the same cryptographic signature ad a few of the Rising Tied posts."

Phil explains and Skye can't help but laugh slightly and she leans back in the chair she had been so rudely pushed into.

"Wow. Yeah. Was that a mistake?"

She asks and she can see confusion growing in Phil and Ward's eyes at this.

"Or am I now sitting in the centre of your secret headquarters? What is it? A plane?"

She continues with the look Phil and Ward are giving one another at this is all the confrontation she needs.

"I got inside. And by now, you've discovered you can't beat the encryption on my equipment, so you got nothing."

She finished saying, leaning back once more. From the corner of her eye, she has been following Ward as she walks around in the room. She hates this but there is very little she can do about it.

"We have a fairly strong coincidence... you being on the scene right before it went up in flames?"

Phil shoots back and starts to wonder if there is even a way out of this.

"Want to tell me what my team is gonna find out? How did you know the hooded man was in the building?"

"Did you blow it up to draw him out?"

Ward asks before Skye has a chance to answer Phil and she turns her attention towards Ward. She can't believe this agent has just suggested something like that.

"Did you?"

She asks, knows it's a child's play but this man started it.

"That's not our style."

Phil says, mostly to defend Ward. But Skye turns her attention and looks at home with narrowed eyes.

"I was just kidnapped by your style. S.H.I.E.L.D covering up New Mexico, Project Pegasus. Of course, you'd be covering up Centipede."

She tells them, at the mention of Centipede, she can see how the two men start to act a bit strangely. Seeing how Ward tries to turn around so Skye can't see him whisper, her eyes grow large.

"Holy no way!"

She gets out, laughing slightly at the surprise she is feeling.

"You don't know what that is. Billions of dollars of equipment at your disposal, and I bet you with a laptop that I won in a bet."

She tells them, completely shocked they didn't know this fact. And she wasn't lying when she said that she had won the computer. The fact that she was competing against Clint is a whole other story.

"You need to think about your friend. We're not the only ones interested in people with powers. We'd like to contain him, yeah. The next guy will want to exploit him, and the guy after that will want to dissect him."

Phil explains and Skye already knows all of this, the hard part is she can't tell them this.

"What is Centipede?"

Ward asks as he leans towards her. Out of reflex, Skye leans as far away from him as she can in the small chair. Taking in a few deep breaths, she tries to calm her heart before pushing her chair back and rises. Surprised that Ward didn't stop her, but was happy all the same.

"Centipede - it was a chatter on the web and then gone. I traced the access-point MAC address to that building."

She starts to explain, she had hoped to give this information to Maria or Victoria, but since neither of them came to get her, she guess Phil is the next best thing to handle the information.

"What were you after?"

He asks her and Skye turns her full attention towards him.

"The truth. What are you after?"

"World peace."

She was tempted to point out that in this case, that was the same thing.

"You pseudo-anarchist hacker types love to stir things up."

Ward speaks up and steps towards her, out of reflex, Skye takes a step back.

"But you're never around for the fallout. People keep secrets for a reason, Skye."

He continues to say and Skye fights hard not to roll her eyes or make a comment about that. If someone in this room knows the weight of keeping a secret, it's her. But he has a point, the Rising Tied is known to stir things up and then leave it to that, that's why she has been working hard to make sure the things they got out of S.H.I.E.L.D aren't too bad and easy to deal with.

"Well, just because you're reasonable and..."

She starts to say and she places a shaking finger against Ward's chest.

"Firm... doesn't mean that you're not an evil, faceless government tool bag."

She finishes saying before taking a quick step away from Ward.

"Just give us your guy's name."

"He's not my guy!"

"You understand he's in danger."

Phil speaks up and Skye turns towards him.

"Then let me go. Let me talk to him. Me, not the T-1000 here."

She tells him, hoping he will understand that their best option right now is her.

"You want to be alone with him. Of course."

She hears Ward speak behind her and he steps up towards Phil.

"She's a groupie. All this hacking into S.H.I.E.L.D, tracking powers... she might as well be one of those sweaty cosplay girls crowding around Stark Tower."

He continues and Skye can feel anger grow in her now.

"What?! I would..."

She starts to say, only to realise she has been hiding among those cosplay girls one time to get away from someone that was following her. Thanks to that she had been able to get into the building, all because she told Stark to inform Pepper about everything.

"It was one time."

She mumbles, turning her head to look down at the floor.

"Ward."

She hears Phil say and how his chair moves, turning her head to the side. She sees how Phil leads Ward out of the room and the moment the door closes behind them, Skye lets her act drop. Happy that either of them made sure she didn't have anything on her when they brought her to the plan, at least not properly, Skye pulls out a hidden phone and calls the first number on speed dial.

"Maria."

Her sister says only seconds after he makes the call.

"I want the truth, is Phil dead Ria?"

Skye asks, giving Maria one last chance to tell her the truth. Hearing how Maria lets out a heavy sigh on the other end of the line, Skye knows she won't say the truth.

"Yes, Phil was killed before the Battle of New York Skye."

She says and Skye got to give it to her, she is a good actress when she wants to be because she sounds quite sad about it.

"So Agent Phil Coulson alongside the T-1000 Ward model that kidnapped me from my van earlier is his evil twin then?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 286 25
Chloe Fitz has never really fitted in. She was always known as the nerd or the freak. Even when she went to SHIELD academy she never fitted in but, s...
5.9K 109 12
Christmas One-Shots!
39.4K 946 22
"I stopped sipping my tea and looked at him in a way of saying you have my full attention. "When you weren't there," He started "it was like the pod...
188K 5.4K 26
Angela has lived in a small orphanage for as long as she can remember. She remembers next to nothing from her childhood and life before being banishe...