Shrouded Honesty (Minju x Mal...

بواسطة WonTomi8

Y/N is a cold hearted vigilante with no regard for the health of those he rains "justice" upon, but a quiet k... المزيد

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue

Chapter 30

320 26 0
بواسطة WonTomi8

Minju woke up the next morning starving.

I need to stop skipping meals...

Slowly, Minju slid out of bed, going through her morning routine before walking down the stairs.

We have school today... How is this going to work? Am I going to walk to school with him? I guess I could just go with what I said initially. If he doesn't come pick me up, then I'll walk alone.

Minju walked into the kitchen, finding some food already made with a note on the counter.

"We didn't want to wake you up, so we made you breakfast."

Minju smiled.

Thanks.

Minju plated her food, scarfing it down before pulling out the required ingredients for the sandwiches she planned on making for lunch. While preparing the sandwiches for Y/n and herself, Minju pulled out her phone.

He hasn't texted me that he's here. Maybe he did decide to walk to school without me.

As she closed her gate, Minju sighed. "I really hope this doesn't get awkward."

Once near school grounds, Minju felt a rush of anxiety hit her system, accompanied by a myriad of unthought thoughts.

Push through it Kim Minju. Remember, he's not mad at you. If you were to talk to him, he would talk back to you. Aish- That's not the problem. It's the actually talking to him part that's the problem.

The walk through the halls felt weird. It had only been a week since the two had befriended one another, yet it felt like she was missing her other half. Once she arrived at the classroom, Minju opened the door. Disappointment filled her chest as she saw Y/n's seat empty.

Maybe he's running late. Wait- Why am I disappointed? That means things will be easier for me. But I don't want him to miss school...

Time passed slowly for Minju as she waited for Y/n's arrival. Every time the door opened, Minju's eyes would dart to the entrance in hopes that her best friend would be the one entering.

Is he missing school today?

Both hope and sadness lingered in Minju's head as she watched the clock counting down the minutes before school started. Once the clock hit five minutes before the start of school, Minju spotted someone approaching her desk.

Ugh. What is Sung doing walking toward me?

"Is Y/n not coming to school today?"

"Why does that matter to you?"

"Because he never misses school. I remember he came to school bundled in a lot of clothes and a mask while extremely sick one day."

Suspicion spread across Minju's face.

"Why are you so worried about him?"

"Because I can infer that something happened. You arrived alone today, and look at the door each time it opens. Something must have happened."

"It's none of your business."

"Let's put the past aside for a second. Is he okay?"

"Again, why are you so worried about him? Weren't you antagonizing him earlier? What's your deal?"

"Because his presence helps keep the balance of the school now."

Minju furrowed her eyebrows, "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"The students know of what happened the day the police arrived at the school. People are afraid to do things in front of him. I'm not sure if you noticed it because you're so hyper-fixated on him, but we know he's dangerous. My gang talks about how they tremble in trepidation every time he passes. The same thing happens for the other gangs in this school. Haven't you wondered why all of the areas near his lunch spots are devoid of anyone? We know not to fuck with him, and fear what might happen if we did something bad in front of him or even pissed him off."

"He doesn't care what you guys do."

"We know, but the thought of us ticking him off is enough to ward us away from doing anything."

"And why would you care? Why should I care?"

"Because I kind of like the peace that comes with Y/n's proximity."

"Good for you."

"I'm also worried that you angered him."

"I did not."

"Are you sure? What if he unleashes his wrath here?"

"You're just paranoid. He's not mad."

"Then what happened?"

"None of your business. Why are you so persistent?"

"Because I'm worried."

"You're acting way different, what caused this change of character? Or are you putting up another façade?"

"Y/n scared the shit out of me one time and put so much shock through my system that I changed as a person. I'm done antagonizing people."

Minju turned her attention to her backpack, "That's good for you."

"Are you sure you didn't do anything?"

Minju took a deep breath, her patience clearly waning.

"I'm sure."

"And we won't have to worry about him attacking us or anything?"

"No."

"Okay."

Minju rolled her eyes as Sung walked back to his seat.

I will never understand that guy.

Eventually, the bell rang, worrying Minju once more.

He's actually skipping today. Should I text him? Should I try contacting him during lunch? What if something happened to him?

Minju's thoughts persisted throughout the lesson, distracting her as she tried to take notes. After suffering through the first two periods, Minju packed her belongings.

Should I text him? Would calling him be a better idea?

Minju walked to Y/n's shack, sighing as she sat down.

"It doesn't feel the same without you Y/n. I hope you're at least taking care of yourself."

As she munched on her sandwich, a random thought clicked in Minju's head.

Wait- if Y/n was the person who saved me that one day, does that mean he regularly goes out at night? What if something happened to him?!

Minju pulled out her phone, dialing Y/n's number.

Please pick up. Please pick up. Please pick up. Please pick up...

Sharp pains struck Minju's torso like pins, shortening her breaths.

Calm down Kim Minju. Y/n is fine. Nothing would ever happen to him... Right?

Minju closed her eyes, breathing in deeply as she tried to calm herself down.

Nothing would ever happen to him. He wouldn't let anything happen to himself.

Despite her best attempts, Minju's uneasiness wouldn't seem to disappear.

I should stop by his house after school.

Minju spent the rest of her lunch period trying to calm herself down. Her experience in class didn't change. Even though she was able to get all of her notes down, it wasn't without struggle. After a few more grueling hours, the final bell rang, pulling Minju back into her body. Glad that the day was finally over, Minju packed her belongings, throwing her backpack onto her back. With great speed, Minju rushed off of the school grounds and toward Y/n's house.

Tell me he's fine. Right, God? He's fine, right?

Minju arrived shortly after, heaving heavily.

"You're here, right?"

Minju walked up to Y/n's doorstep, knocking on it with all of her might. Despite knocking as hard as she could, only a light thud was produced each time she made contact with the door.

I'm too tired to knock.

Minju fell onto her butt, breathing as hard as she could to catch her breath. To her surprise, the door opened, revealing Y/n's mother.

"Minju?? What brings you here?'

"Is Y/n home?"

Y/n's mother furrowed her eyebrows.

'No, I was under the assumption he left early because he wasn't in his room, nor was his backpack here."

"What happened after I visited yesterday?"

"I'm not sure. I asked him who was at the door, and he said it was you. Afterwards, he walked back to his room and the day continued as usual."

Minju's breath turned shallow. The anxiety coursing through her intensified.

"Oh my, come in dear. You look pale."

Minju nodded, slowly getting up before walking into Y/n's house. As she sat down on the couch, Y/n's mother brought her a glass of water.

"So you're telling me Y/n didn't go to school today?"

"No."

"Where could he have gone?"

"I'm not sure. I checked here to see where he was."

"I see... Hold on."

Minju watched as Y/n's mother pulled out her phone, presumably calling Y/n's father.

"Hello? Did you see Y/n this morning? You didn't? Minju says he didn't come to school today. Okay. I'll see you tonight. Bye."

Y/n's mother turned back to Minju.

"Did you come here just to check up on Y/n?"

Minju nodded.

"You should head home then. Do you need a ride?"

"I'm okay Ms. L/N."

"I told you to call me mom."

"I'm okay, Mom. I can walk."

"Are you sure? You didn't seem to be in good shape earlier."

"I ran here."

"All the way here?! It's over a kilometer from here to your school!"

"I did."

"Are you sure you want to walk home? I'd be more than happy to give you a ride."

"I'm okay Mom, don't worry."

"Okay."

"I'll be heading off then."

"Stay safe."

"Will do."

Minju exited Y/n's house, trudging her feet on the way back to her's.

He wasn't at home... There's no way, right?

In desperation, Minju's mind flew to one person.

Jisoo. He's the only person who might know where Y/n is.

Minju checked the time.

I have time to go home before I visit the middle school.

With renewed vigor, Minju picked up her pace to ensure she was able to get to her location in time. After she placed her bag down at her front door, Minju took a deep breath, rotating her shoulders.

I feel so much lighter.

Checking the time once more, Minju left her house, heading for the middle school.

This time, I'm not going to back down.

Once at the middle school, Minju waited around for the bell to ring.

Look for a short boy, and a tall girl. Short boy, and tall girl...

Minju spotted the tall girl she was looking for.

There you are.

"Wonyoung ah."

Wonyoung looked up from the ground, visibly distressed.

"Minju unnie? What are you doing here?"

"Where's Jisoo? I have questions for him."

"Oppa didn't come to school today..."

Minju looked at Wonyoung's frown.

That's why she looked so gloomy...

"Have you talked to him today?"

"No, he doesn't have a phone."

"So he just skipped?"

"Yeah. I was planning on going to his house to check up on him."

"Do you mind if I join you? This is really important."

Wonyoung furrowed her eyebrows, "Why are you so interested in Oppa?"

"He knows something that's really important to me."

"He does?"

"Yeah."

"Okay... I'll take you to his house on one condition."

"What is that condition?"

"I want you to back off from him."

"Back off from him?"

"You can't use your age and beauty as a leverage on me. We're already planning on marrying each other."

Despite the desperate situation, Minju smiled.

Cute...

"I will."

"Okay. Follow me."

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

23.4K 787 30
A world where creature of supernatural are real. Y/N is just normal person with normal life before his untimely death. But Y/N death are his second c...
289 16 3
After a tragic mission, Y/N is forced off the grid. However, one day, he is unwillingly brought back into the life he had left behind. Will Y/N be ab...
33.6K 1.6K 43
You are Kwon Y/N, son of a prominent family of musicians who entered South Korea's most prestigious musical academy. Heading to your school with ne...
3.3K 55 32
Y/N is born into a Mafia family. Her ex boyfriend cheated on her with her long time best friend, Haerin. She is the talk of the school but she cannot...