A Guild of Moonlit Shadows (A...

By _Sibylline_

This is the second book in the Assassins at Dusk series by _Sibyline_, read Assassins at Dusk before reading... More

Prologue
~1~We both have Questions and Answers
~2~Blondie?
~3~The Old Republic and Saying Goodbye
~4~Monsters take a Form
~5~The True Monster
~6~My Destiny is Mine alone to Make
~7~Standing Strong
Memes :)
~8~ What is its True Purpose?
~9~Your Life was always Mine.
~10~ Our Salvation or Damnation?
~11~There You Are...
AAD/GOMLS Memes & playlists cuz I promised to do them a while ago.
~12~Beyond Just You and Me
~13~Loyalty Unwavering
~14~Memories Woefully Untouched
~15~ Unfinished Business
~16~Kynareth is Growing Impatient.
~17~Murderers, Scoundrels, and Stubborn Feelings.
~18~ A New Hunt and Growing Plots
~19~ The Three Firenze Sisters
A Call for Home (Oneshot)
~20~Used and Abused
~21~Your Sister Needs You, Cynna
~22~Darker Minds are Easier to get Lost in
~23~ Let the Courtial Battle Begin
~24~ A Vicious Beast, Your Highness
~25~ Vanished Into Thin Air
~26~Cries Lost in the Wind
Act 2
memes & aesthetics cuz I feel bad
~1~Pinned Down and Manipulated
~2~ Losing Hope is for the Weak-Hearted
Other AAD series!
~3~The Old Kingdoms (+Q/A)
~4~Not a Kidnapping, but an Opportunity
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MY AUTHORS.
~5~Lies, Questions, and Confusing Truths
I know im late a few days late, get off my ass
~6~Forgotten Bonds
I have an announcement!
7~Time to be Wicked, Youngling
~8~ Something in Common
~9~Our Family is Torn Again
Want to Become a Character? Here is your chance!
~10~ I was a Faceless Soldier
Our Homelands (100k Oneshot) PART 1
~11~ He Ran Away From Me
Our Homelands PART 2
~12~ One Hour
~13~ Allesandro's Secret
The Unlocked Review that I forgot to post... whoops.
~14~ A Traitorous Deal
~15~ The Gods Love their Pranks, Don't They?
~16~ The Smell of Metal and Incense
~17~ A Loose Tongue
~18~Taking the Lead
~19~ Bloody Fingerprints (+Sims Photos!)
~20~ Our Saviours
~21~ Time to Come Clean
You're Telling Yourself Lies, Mr. Ignis. (Oneshot)
~22~ Always in Chains
~23~ The Forgotten Assassin
~24~ Choices, Choices, Fitzroy
~25~ Bargaining chips and Casino chips
~26~ Not the Smoothest Exit
~27~ Voices in my Head
~28~ Six Artifacts, Three Portals, and One Assassin.
~29~ Water, Birds, Smoke, and Memories
~30~ Kynareth's Wrath
~32~ If Not Blur, then Who?
~33~ The Veiled Spy
~34~ A Pre-Wedding Scuffle
~35~ An Uninvited Guest
~36~ A Muddled Family Secret
Vote here folks
~37~ Movement
~38~ Violence
~39~ Consequences
~40~ Delusions
~41~ Watching
~42~ Abandoned
The Next Book in the Series...

~31~ Summoner of Storms

590 22 38
By _Sibylline_

Yo! This chapter is a lil' short, but there is a good reason that you will figure out at the end!

BTW. I have started a new story! A Red Dead Redemption fanfic! Plz give it a shot!

Now, enjoy!

 SUPER Unedited.

Wylie and Marrella pulled themselves through the small crack, lucky enough to spot it in the darkness of the chasm. But they were spat out on a small storage room, which was right next to the foyer unluckily for them.

Marrella yanked Wylie back, pointing to the confrontation in the middle of the room.

"-So let's talk." Vespera spat.

Maria Morretti straightened, her fists clenched, "How did you-"

"After those morons dragged Fitz out of his cell, I noticed what he was doing. We prepared for your friends' arrival, is all."

Alexios started forward, "You took my mother's arm?! You tried to have Fitz break her mind?!"

Linh held Alexios back, swallowing at the sight of the shining silver eyes and sharpening teeth in his mouth.

Vespera straightened, "It was either that or let her die of infection."

"You-"

"I will give you one last chance! Who was the other spy?" Vespera hissed.

"I. Don't. Know! My brother kept that circle of spies completely secret!" Maria barked back.

Linh leaned back, scanning the room for anything that may help them. Her eyes snagged on two people crouched in the darkness.

Wylie and Marrella eyed her, asking her what to do.

Linh marched forward, cutting off Alexios and Maria's conversation, "The two spies, I know who they were!"

Vespera glared at Linh, "How do you know who Allesandro's spies are?"

Linh swallowed, "I saw it when I was sneaking around in the Black swan base years ago. I'll tell you, but I need to know why you need them."

Vespera scoffed, "I don't need to tell you anything. Give me the information or else."

Linh was lying through her teeth; she didn't even know which spies they were discussing. But she didn't need to stall anymore.

Vespera spun as Biana launched from her bindings, throwing the Neverseen leader to the ground. Wylie held off the shocked guards as Marella burned through the rest of the ropes.

Nour head-butted a soldier heading for Keefe, swinging him like he was a sack of grain into the wall beside them.

"Run!" Nour roared.

Biana pushed herself off of Vespera, the woman's blood staining her hands. The elves couldn't stand violence, yet Biana sprung into action and didn't even hesitate.

"She has the brown eyes- we can't let her escape!" Vespera cried, pointing to Maria. Nour and Alvar closed the massive doors behind them, barring them with the massive fallen boulders.

"Let's go!" The group skidded out of the foyer, the cries of guards. Keefe skidded to the wall with a tablet of elven symbols. Keefe, who somehow knew the code, clicked in the symbols on the wet panel. The wall parted, along with the Lumangwe waterfalls. The land bridge dropped over the pool of water, everyone side-stepping the massive hole in the ground Sophie, Marrella, and Wylie fell in.

"Where is Sophie?!" Biana questioned.

Her question was answered as the lightning and shooting rain shot from the sky into the heart of the base.

"There she is." Alexios breathed.

(From Nuare Studios on ArtStation)

Blue and purple lightning cut through the blinding light of the courtyard, erupting from Sophie like shooting barbs of scathing metal. Her muscles ached and groaned as she forced herself to her feet, pushing the blade away from her neck. The light fought against her, peeking through her blocks of lightning like sunlight through blinds. Men flew back from her as if she were a cyclone of raging storms, slamming against the cobblestone and the walls surrounding them.

She ripped the jacket off her attacker as she threw them over her shoulder, gritting her teeth as she stomped them into the ground like wiping dirt off her shoe. Her eyes were more than gold. They were burning raging electricity. Her hair glowed like glowing wires, fluttering about her head as if she were underwater. Amalia Morretti was a living lightning storm. 

She pushed through the line of scrambling attackers, sprinting for Fitz's body.

A man grabbed her wrist, screaming with pain as lightning wrapped around his arm as Sophie pulled on it, dislocating it from its shoulder as she shoved him away.

The moon was tucked away behind the blanket of storm clouds circling the jungle, rain pouring from the folds of dark cotton above. The water snapped Sophie out of her violent rage, her hair flittering down from around her head and returning to its blonde, her canines painfully returning to normal.

Sophie tripped over her feet as she finally made it to Fitz, thanking her past self for doing all of those upper body workouts with Nour as she lifted him like he was nothing.

"Fitz, come on, you gotta wake up!" Sophie twisted around the hands of another attacker, sending a wave of shadows to pin them down. Seeing no other option, Sophie carefully slid back into the chasm, Fitz draped over her shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

She knew she couldn't take the same way back down as she did getting up. But there was another opening on the same side of the gorge as her, but across an empty expanse of rock she could not jump.

The storm raged in the sky above the chasm, the water finding its way through the cracks.

With Fitz still draped over her shoulder, Sophie toed her way across the thin line of jutting rock, her bloody fingers gripping the nonexistent handholds behind her.

Men filed into the chasm behind her, melders pointed and powers shining.

Sophie felt that familiar feeling of dread in her stomach, a sinking feeling that paled her face as the front soldier pulled the trigger on his melder pointed straight for her head.

A blue forcefield crackled to life in front of her, absorbing the blast like it was a gust of wind against a mountain.

Ruy was so fast, Sophie thought he was a figure of her imagination.

But the throwing knife in the front soldier's eye was Ruy's handiwork.

The winged soldier shot from the darkness of the chasm beneath her, another throwing knife in one hand and forcefields living in the other.

"What are you doing he-"

"GO!" Ruy roared at her, pulling two of the soldiers off the ledge and imbedding his knife in another's chest. Sophie cursed and thanked the gods for her boyfriend, hauling ass across the ledge as she neared the exit more and more.

But it still wasn't enough.

"Switch with me!" Sophie screamed across the chasm, their chaos echoing in the dark expanse. Ruy looked at her like she was mad, but he grabbed Fitz from her, shooting for the small hole in the ground above them that he probably snuck in through.

Sophie turned to her enemies with a ferocious smile. Kynareth had lost any control over her powers at this point. Her telepathy sung as she read each of their strategies and plans in their minds, the assailants trying to protect themselves from her freezing ice and burning lightning, trying to see through her thick shadows and catch the damn near invisible Assassin as she jumped and fought like a panther jumping through the trees.

Sweat dripping from her brow, the Mentore straightened as that knowing rush of feelings returned to her gut. The feelings every time he was nearby.

Ruy didn't even need to tell her to duck. The woman dropped to the ground when the Prince's foot slammed into her current fight, his smile mimicking her own. He landed in front of her, spinning on his heel and taking her in his arms.

Sophie had no trouble lacing her arms around his neck, laughing when Ruy winked at the flabbergasted soldiers when he leaned back over the edge. Ruy's wings flung out, his arms tightening around Sophie as he soared back out the chasm.

Sophie gasped, holding Ruy tighter and tighter the more they plummeted until Ruy's wings flung out and caught the air, launching them past the guards and out the chasm.

Sophie didn't even realize her eyes were clamped close. Her face shoved into his chest.

"Why do you smell like burnt hair?"

"Not again!" Sophie's eyes fling open, grabbing her braid and examining her locks. Her hair was completely fine, and the Mentore turned to her boyfriend with a face something fierce. Ruy snickered, placing a kiss behind her ear as he emerged above the canopy of the trees, "I just wanted you to open your eyes."

Ruy pushed into the clouds, the moonlight kissing the couple as the cries of their enemies below them become nothing but a gentle howl of the wind.

"I told you to stay home." Sophie started.

"And it was foolish of you to believe I would listen." Ruy turned to her, beginning to descend, "Sophie, I'm not going to let you do this alone. You should know that by now."

Sophie shook her head, slowly unraveling from Ruy as he landed into the thick branches of a tree, showing a slumbering and safe Fitz. Ruy swallowed when Sophie scrambled to him, checking his pulse and making sure he was still okay. Ruy really wanted to ask about Sophie and Fitz, but it was not the right time at all.

"The others. Where are the others?" Sophie started.

Ruy shrugged, "I think it was Tezca's bond, but I only knew where you were. I'm sure they are okay."

Sophie shook her head, "No. No something is off. I was supposed to meet Wylie and Marrella outside of the cavern, but I haven't seen them yet-"

Ruy grabbed her chin, forcing her to look at the large group sprinting through the forest.

"There they are!" Sophie gasped. Ruy grabbed Fitz, turning around to see his girlfriend already climbing down the trees.

"Lia! Oh my baby girl!" Maria squeezed the life out fo Sophie, at least tried to with one arm gone.

Sophie stepped back, carefully cradling her Aunt's shoulder in shock, "Maria, what did they do to you?!" She gasped.

"I'll tell you later-" Maria spun as the sound of approaching soldiers grew louder, "But we need to get out of here. Where is Fitz?"

Everyone jumped when Ruy landed behind them, Fitz draped over his shoulder.

"Hi..." He greeted sheepishly.

Everyone had just accepted it.

"Weren't you supposed to stay back- nevermind. Let's go!" 

The group sprinted further into the forest, the dark green canopy swallowing them whole. 

SO. Why this chapter is a little late is because I'm starting my other story AND... I finally worked enough shifts to afford a cheap iPad. So I can now do digital art that I've been spending most of my time working on...

This is my first digital art piece! So, of course, I had to do it with my girl Amalia! I hope you all enjoy it!

Please remember to vote, comment share, and follow!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 51 11
UPDATE: Headcanons part 9: Eyes of Heaven arc A bunch of idea and headcanons for my wierd crossover AU! So I'm fan of SVSSS of JJBA for a time now an...
2K 127 23
"No matter how far you are or how much danger you are in, you can always count on the people you love to rescue you." *COMPLETED*✔️ Hermione had just...
98.5K 1.3K 30
*BOOK 1* This is what I think would have happened if Feyre had run away before the wedding with Tamlin, when Rhysand rescued her. ***************...
101K 1.2K 21
This is your classic Percabeth meets mortals. I know it's cliche, but I really like reading these and I hope you do to!