Game of Thrones || The Sword...

By RickyAdams9

UNDER MAJOR EDITING AT THE CURRENT TIME* Ser Arthur Dayne of Starfall was the greatest knight the Seven Kingd... More

Cast
Dawn
Stories
"The Man Who Passes the Sentence Should Swing the Sword"
The Runts of the Litter
The King's Arrival
The Kingslayer
A Dothraki Wedding and Honeymoon
Words of War
Wishful for a Good Fight or Death
Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things
Wolves, Lions and Excuses
A Golden Crown and Bloodied Hands
Betrayal of the Obvious Traitor
The Cry for War
The Green Fork
The Whispering Woods
The Quiet Wolf put to Rest
The King in the North
The Bleeding Star
"You hold the reigns"
A Dayne at War
On The Move
To Finally See Her Grace
To Conquer a Mountain
Riling the Lion
Talk of Victory and Life
The Prideful Little Lion
The Second Battle of the Ruby Ford
The Black Lion Roars
A Dayne, A Lion, and Second Sons
Work That Leads to Nothing
Cornered
The Plan
Jenny of Oldstones
"Make It Yours"
Battle of the Flood Bowl
A Brother and Sister Reunited
Staines That Do Not Wash
A Frey and a Trout
Distractions
A Red Wedding
A Sign in the Stars
"You want it darker"
Cider and Dead Kings
The Red Mountains
Starfall
Blood of my Blood
Deadly Secrets
Dragon Troubles
Darkstar
The Dayne Slayer
Breakthrough
The Sword of the Morning
East
Angry Snakes
The Art of Compromise
Dragon Dreams
Stone Men of Old Valyria
"Slavery-free" City of Yunkai
A Different Kind of Cat
A Dance With a Dayne and a Dragon
Horselords
The Champion of the Braided Bloodrider
Past Events and Unspoken Emotions
Reborn Through Fire and Blood
Bloodriders for Her Majesty
A Forgotten Will
Love Under the Stars
A New Dawn
A City on the Rise
A Brave New World
Dragonstone
The King in the North Arises Once More
The Mantle of Responsibility
"What You Would Do If You Lost"
"Never Let Go"
The Bait
The Battle of Shipbreaker Bay
The Queen of the Torrentine
Siege
Old Vendettas
The Song of the North
No Mercy
Lost Enough
A Brother and Sister Reunited II
A New War
The Mormont Returns
Secrets and Banter
A Promise
Fall
"The Monsters Are Real"
Warm Again
What They Have
Set Dates
What They Need
Deal Broker
A Knight, A Warrior, and A Lover At Heart
The North Remebers
Slow Dancing
The Lords and Ladies of the North
The Key
Prophecies
Oathkeeper
Ghosts of Winters Past
The Wary She-Wolf
Dragon Riders
An Ever-shifting Future
Burying a Hatchet
An Understanding
A Way Through
The Bridge of Skulls
Shattered Hope
Not Invincible
"It Only Gets Worse Before It Gets Better"
An Old Face from an Old Life
Visions of the Flames
Hard Truths
Bloodletting
The Long Night
The Long Night II
The Long Night III

Planning

3.2K 160 5
By RickyAdams9

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

The Lannisters have been reeking havoc in the Riverlands. Tywin Lannister and the Kingslayer have been deadly effective against Tully forces who have resorted to a hidden war.

"The scouts report Lord Tywin moves North. We need to get him on broken ground, put his knights at a disadvantage."

Rodrik Cassel says.

"No, we need to get around him and break Jaime Lannister's siege of Riverrun. Do that and the River Lords will join us."

Greatjon Umber says as I look over the map of the Westeros, more particularly, the Riverlands.

"To do either we need to cross the river on the Green Fork, which the only crossing is at the Twins."

"Lord Walder Frey."

I say.

"A man not so prudent with showing up on time."

I remark, referring to the Battle of the Trident during Robert's Rebellion.

"But we need that bridge."

"Lord Walder isn't a trustworthy man."

Lady Catelyn says.

"But I know he will listen to me. I've known him since I was a girl."

"But that still doesn't answer who we attack; the Kingslayer or Tywin?"

Greatjon asks and I look at Robb, who sits and thinks. For a long few moments, nobody says anything. Not even Theon, whom I thought would be annoying the hell out of me with his dirty talk.

I look at the map, seeing the little lion figurines, marking Tywin and the Kingslayer's host. Jaime has 30,000 men, about half of the Lannister forces, or so the Riverrun scouts from the Blackfish had said. They also mentioned how Jaime is restless and often goes out to hunt for small groups of Riverland rebels.

It clicks in my mind instantly.

"We should attack Jaime's forces and Tywin's.

Everyone looks up at me.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean we send a small force to trick Tywin in the east and lure the Kingslayer into a trap. Get him into a forested area and attack from different angles. Our forces are outnumbered, they know this. But Jaime is restless and arrogant. He's going on raids against small pockets of rebels with small numbers. If we draw him into a fight thinking it's another small group, we can sweep the Kingslayer off his feet."

I say and Robb starts considering the idea. Greatjon Umber on the other hand, practically snorts with laughter.

"You certainly have a humourous mind there, Dayne. But that would never work."

"It will work."

Robb says finally. Greatjon is about to argue by two Stark guards enter the tent, holding someone by their arm.

"We've captured a Lannister scout."

My eyes widen slightly and I immediately flip the maps over so he can't see anything we were planning. Greatjon just chuckles.

"Don't worry, missy. He won't be leaving this tent with his head."

Robb shake his head before turning to the guards.

"Where did you find him?"

He asks.

"In the brush above the encampment. He looked to be counting."

Robb walks towards the scout slowly and I feel myself itching for my sword.

"How high did you get?"

He asks the man, who mumbles for a moment before speaking up.

"20,000. Maybe more."

"Great.."

I mumble. They know how many men we have. The Lannisters probably already knew how many men we had but this probably just confirms it.

"You don't have to do this yourself. Your father would understand."

Ser Rodrik says.

"My father understands mercy, when there is room for it. And he understands honor and courage... Let him go."

The others look upset but understanding clicks instantly. He's going along with my plan.

"Tell Lord Tywin, Winter is Coming for him. 20,000 Northerners marching South to find out if he really does shit gold."

He pats the scout on the shoulder, the man trembles slightly and nods.

"Yes, my lord. Thank you, my lord."

"Escort him away from the camp and make sure he actually leaves."

"Right away, my lord."

The guards take the Lannister scout away am Robb turns back to me.

"Well, I just showed my hand to Tywin. Tell me the rest, Evelyn."

I nod, flipping the maps back up and reset the pieces. The others looks at the map as well.

"Tywin's going to know now how many me we have. We can use that to our advantage. If we send Lord Roose Bolton to face Tywin with a small force at..."

I look around the map before pointing at one of the splits of the Trident River.

"Green Fork. Tywin will want to overwhelm us with everything he's got. But if we bait him that way, we could flip back around with the bulk of our army and face Jaime. And if we capture the Kingslayer, that's a huge bargaining chip to use to get Arya, Lord Stark, and Sansa back."

Catelyn Stark for once actually looks at me with a smile and Theon actually seems impressed. Robb smiles and nods.

"Then it seems it's settled. I will inform Lord Bolton of the plan. But we still need to be able to cross the Twins."

"We will figure that out when the time arises, my son."

Lady Catelyn says.

"Dismissed."

Robb waves his hand and the others leave but I stay behind, still looking at the map. There's a long moment of silence between the two of us. The candles flicker slightly from the wind outside.

"Thank you, Evelyn."

He says out of the blue and I turn to face him, confused.

"What for?"

I ask and he sighs.

"I don't know if I could've come up with a plan like that. It's crazy and sane sounded at the same time."

I chuckle at his words.

"Sometimes, you just need a little confidence is all."

He shrugs.

"What will the men think when their Lord can't even come up with a battle plan?"

He slump into a chair and I pat his shoulder.

"They needn't know it was me who planned it, Robb. You're their leader. I'm just a lowly footsoldier in your army."

I joke and Robb smirks.

"Thank you, Evelyn. I just hope this works."

I nod.

"It will."

~~~~~
A/N

So there's that chapter done. It's coming. The Whispering Woods is coming. I guess we'll see how that goes down.

Anyways, the swords depicted are Evelyn's swords. And she does have two so yeah.

Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

269K 6.6K 43
Note: Hi! Aries here. Just FYI I wrote this fic during covid when I was like... 15? 16? Presently I am 19 and I now think that this book is rather cr...
211K 6K 39
What if Rhaella and Aerys Targaryen had a daughter other than Daenerys? What if Daenerys and Viserys had an older sister? What if the history of...
20.4K 1.1K 22
Daeron Dayne is the son of Ser Arthur Dayne and Shaena Targaryen, now Arthur was the only son of his father and mother who wished for him to become L...
225K 3.6K 19
- UNDER EDITING - On the day that her father, the Mad King Aerys II, was killed, Princess Visenya Targaryen, the true heir to the Iron Throne, became...