Order of the Alpha #2

By BlondeDecember1

Celestine Colton was a survivor, against the turmoil and abuse against the werewolf kind in a world run solel... More

02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
EPILOGUE

01

3.8K 117 24
By BlondeDecember1

(Side note, this is the new and edited version, meaning all comments before 07-07-2023 can be void. Thank you!)

CHAPTER 01:

"His name is Creed Legion. The champion under his father, his father's father and so on. The leader of the Legion, apprentice under Rowan Argon, the vampiric ruler of the House of Shadows. Each elemental academy has a logo that represents them in front of the royal family in the annual games held each year in the time of exams. This team are the ones to avoid if you want to blend in with the world you make at this academy. No name is known outside of their realms, the human realm is not familiar, not to them. They do not even know of my own family. This would be a fresh start, a new beginning to everything, Celestine. So long as you make it so. The dragon riders of the Legions are lethal warriors to the crown and to societies at large, but they attend this school as vows to the throne, and to their purpose as riders of the fire breathers. They train students, ready them for the games and then future jobs for each one."

I stare at Athena as she tells the story of the Warriors that ride upon the mythical reptilian creatures that could breathe fire, burn down cities and ruin societies for this prestigious crown and delighted throne. Or thrones by the sound of plural games between princesses and princes at times of betrothal.

"What do you have against Creed Legion?" I ask her.

She looks at me.

"What do you have against Rowan Argon?" I ask her.

"He broke my heart."

"Which one?" I ask her, slowly. Creed or Rowan?

She looks at me, "Follow the map, make sure to be on that bus the same time as each other student. Celeste Caesar. You want to stay alive, the name dies. It's all in the file, and the information is in the drive I gave you. Memorise it and remember, no one can know your past. Not the principal, no the teachers, not the students or warriors. No one. You want to survive there, don't make a scene, you're to never back talk to anyone. Do as you're told, make introverted friends and learn how to be one. Your power must surface gradually and research is your best weapon. Not any physical weapon, you leave that to the combat trainers and students, and you aren't one of those, understand?"

TWO WEEKS LATER...

I'd never seen a girl so intent on staying hidden this up close before. Her name, Clarissa Wilson, I didn't approach her right away, sitting down close to a window seat on the bus with students who knew each other from multiple schools as well as their own. Boys and girls alike, all having come out of high school and this should have felt normal. This is what normal was, going to a prestigious college and learning, not going to balls, not worrying about getting slapped, hit, or worse. If Martin had ever gone too far and done something I didn't know if I could ever get back from.

The academy wasn't as secluded as I thought, there were village-like markets that the bus drove past. I wore no make-up, had my hair down, barely brushed but naturally straight. The brown jersey and black jeans made me look like any other girl near the back of the bus. Those in fancy skirts with the jock-like boys around them were in long coats and trench coats and had fancy bags with enough bling to outshine the sun.

I had one girl seated next to me, friends with three guys that were all groups into one. One had a cap on backwards with a lip ring and a tattooed arm. The man closest to the walking space between the seats was well-dressed in a grey long coat, hair gelled back with his fingers typing away on his phone. The girl next to me wore a blouse and dressy beige button-down pants, black heels and a red trench coat. Strawberry blonde hair that wafted vanilla essence and coconut coatings in the air around me. The guy behind us was invested in a book on ancient languages of all cultures and species.

They looked popular too, so I face the window and follow Athena's direct orders, to stay away from the popular kids at all costs. Folding my arms, I wanted to cross one leg over the other, but the space was so tight I couldn't do a thing. The contraption was making me inwardly sulk, "Did you hear about one of the seniors?" I overhear guy with tattoos say, pulling his cap off and shoving it in his side-bag. He pulls out a beige long coat and slides that on, I'm seeing this using my peripherals.

"That cult the warriors thought they got rid of?" The strawberry blonde next to me asks.

I almost cringe, seriously—a killing cult?

"They did get rid of it, that's just some stupid story." Long grey coat mutters.

Nerd boy behind them leans forward, "Apparently they've changed rules and regulations. We have strict curfews now and they brought in reinforcements from the capital because they don't want the bad rep here." He explains, pushing the glasses on his nose back up closer to his eyes, I could see that getting about as annoying as repetitive spam text messages.

This felt like shoddy detective work, not a warrior that uses swords and daggers like it's not the twenty-first century.

"Reinforcements from the Collectives? That's a bit overboard, isn't it?" Strawberry blonde mutters, opening her phone just to see. I look back to through the glass window and still when I see now that it's not glass. A rock from the road outside bounced against it, the glass caught it and disintegrated it like a mind of its own, moulding the texture into it. I almost flinch in shock at the magic a bus alone could have.

Who were the Collectives? Another word for crown of kingdoms? What about the capital? I didn't know, but I still listened in closely.

I glance back down to the back, Clarissa was about to be my roommate, her hair as dark as night and eyes even darker. She was pale, skinny and looked more like a corpse if anything, but she was quiet, alone and had a past perhaps more damaging than most and all too similar to my own. I read up on her when Athena told me she had made a few calls, to get me into the school without even the principal detecting the lies it would take to cover me here. She was an earth manipulator, understand soil, plants and things that I thought were impossible, but she could read plants as if they had a mind of their own. At least she wasn't associated with water...and ice.

Celeste Caesar sounded like a type of salad dressing. The ID in my pocket was of an average girl, with average grades in her file, but good enough to pass and get into a school like this one. Nocturne castles, and I do mean several castles here, rolled past past the green, red, orange and yellow trees. The colours blended in while both light and dark bricks filtered the front of the school with the Nocturne Crest, a black and purple colour with all elements on the crest and twin swords diving through it. The letter 'N' crested on it, intricate and powerful and one of a kind.

People started piling out of the fifteen odd buses, with more to come. I thought the place would have very few of students, but again, those seated next to me said the Collective changed the rules. The population of the school was almost over ten thousand students, because some even transferred from other schools just to make it here. The place was big enough for it too.

I stepped out, grabbing the black duffel bag and my other one with wheels to stray it along, I follow mindlessly, looking up at the number of seniors standing atop the rooftops and balconies of the school. And that's when I saw the one man Athena had warned me about. His immortal, pale face wasn't illuminated by any sun in the sky, the place looked like it would rain any minute, and for a vampire, they adored the weather more so than anybody. Rowan Argon, the professor for one of the highest combat teams, his associates weren't next to him now. But they were around. Even the students felt tense by the air. His hair was dark-stranded, eyes a black coal so dark and deep that made me look away when his eyes ventured over all students.

I moved to an empty bench while other students were forced to move aside by guards who were trying to sort out houses for each dorm. It looked like frat's and sororities too. I watched, fascinated by it all, "You're new?" I hear a masculine voice beside me.

I snap my eyes to soft brown ones, a teacher, "Jesus." I breathe out.

His smile overtakes his face, "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm Professor Noris, I work with plants and earth. Just wanted to offer you the maps of each wing and each juniors itinerary. The assembly of rules and regulations have unfortunately been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, so, please read this pan-flip and get yourself towards the groups to find your dorm. You don't want to lug all this around, kid. Anyway, welcome to Nocturne. I look forward to having you in your compulsory chemistry class. Portions of the green to make the roots and plants grow mean, am I right?" He chuckles, before waving away and immediately moving to a group of students that wave to him, knowing him.

I blink, more freaking energy in that Dude than a Gatorade, Jesus.

"You lost?" I hear in front of me.

I look up and there stood the principal's main assistant, only I wasn't supposed to know that. Arya Mange dressed like a student, brown hair in waves and tied up at the sides with a bow, she stares at me with a raised eyebrow and then did I sense the aura she was trying to get a read on. Athena hinted at a few tricks to piss off mind readers and avoid them trying to read every thought.

I instead loaded nerves into my thoughts and the nervous reaction that made Arya blink twice and look surprised, frowning like she should have read that on me before, "It's overwhelming. I thought I'd wait till some of the crowd is clear before I find my House, I guess." I shrug, opening the map and making it look like I was lost when I knew this place off by heart now. Having studied the damn thing for the past two weeks I'd been locked in an house caravan while getting out of Darkling Territory and into an entirely new realm.

Arya smiles, "Completely normal. Here, why don't I get Oscar to help you. We have every room sorted. Why don't I show you where a few of your classes will be. I see that you've already met Professor Noris, he's your green chemistry teacher. The others are on your schedule too, but in recent developments, we've scheduled for all students to have combat training, do you have any in your background?"

Yes, a fuck load.

"No, I know nothing about fighting." I tell her, the nervousness in my voice growing when the dark shadows of one particular teacher was close by.

I look behind me when Arya did, she raises an eyebrow, "Professor Argon and Supervisors Legion and Credence, what a surprise to see you all here so early?" She says to them, just as more students come this way, shocked at seeing them.

I felt the gaze of something I couldn't fathom ever having to deal with. Tall and broad, he had to be well-over six feet and with ember eyes that looked like two dark gems at a bonfire. Hair that was cut short, short enough that it couldn't be gelled back, a dark brown colour too. Wearing a black long coat with a tuxedo suit underneath, strong forearms with refreshing looking dragon tattoos on one hand, two silver rings on forefinger and thumb. Hands were big, and his stance exerted his athletic capabilities. I was looking at Creed Legion. And he was staring at me, eyes blank, masked over. But if those eyes weren't more luring than the setting of suns or the green of meadows and mountains. Nothing more breathtaking and that made me pause. What was I doing? I couldn't possibly be looking at another guy after the shit I've been through.

Arya calms the students around her down. Rowan steps forward, eyes on me, his one hand pocketed while the black eyes of the vampire were penetrating my form, "Fire wielder, are you?"

I look left to right, shuffling on my feet.

He narrows his eyes, "Kid, I asked you a question."

I gulp, "Yes, sir." I mumble, running a hand over my jersey.

Rowan holds his hand out, "Your schedule, please. I'd like to see which teachers you have." He questions. I fumble with the schedule and shakily hold it out to him, Arya glares at him, giving me a soft smile.

"Rowan, stop scaring the students." She hushes.

Rowan flicks my schedule up, "This student caught my attention, which is not common, as you know, Arya. Where's Athena?" He asks immediately.

"Professor Darkling has not returned yet, Rowan." Arya mutters, grabbing my schedule from him and handing it back to me. I make a mental note to tell Athena that immediately when I met Rowan, his first thought was of her. I wondered if this was the man she wanted to insert my nanobots into. Maybe get some truth serum going, because he's as much of a dark, closed, scary book as the next vampire. They were rare to be friendly.

I don't look at him, instead focus on the neon grassy floor at his pointy shoes, "This student is in the lowest beginner's class for combat. One that only lasts half a year, all students were meant to be in the immediate combat classes that last annually, she does not look unfit for this. Who authorised this student's courses?" Rowan initiates, eyes directed to me.

Arya takes a deep breath, "Her school requested she'd be in the softer classes, Rowan. I don't know what you're getting at. This student needs to find her dorm."

"Her stance tells me otherwise, which school did you go to, child?" He asks me. Nosey fucking vampire.

"Professor Rowan!" NORIS YOU GODDAMN LIFESAVER.

Professor Noris moves like a clumsy tree trunk towards the tight-knitted group around us, more students were forced back to the long set of stairs, Rowan frowns at me and probably at the relief on my face. Whereas it was the impenetrable, tight-lipped gaze of Legion that had me ensuring I never looked his way. His eyes were intense, just as much as his gaze and goddess if it didn't make my bloody stomach clench tighter when he ignored Credence's hand waving in front of his face, before it got so annoying the Creed Legion grabbed his wrist and squeezed tight.

Two more dark-staff stepped forward, same age as Creed and Credence, in their late twenties, or mid-twenties, it's bloody hard to tell here, Rowan waves Noris away, "Not now, Noris. I'm occupied." The interruption annoyed him.

Arya is called by the principal while my bags are taken from me, likely directed to my room. Other students were around, but none as close as I was to the group in front of me. Rowan's eyes tried staring into my soul, while Noris smiles at him, "Ah, you always have a strict picking with students. I thought I overheard that this one was on the lowest squad team in the physical education classes." He says, looking to me.

I fold my arms as if I was cold, nodding, "Yes, sir."

"You have an accent, however slight. What is that?" Rowan asks me.

I glance at him, looking confused before a new presence steps in and I knew exactly who it was, Supervisor Jensen of the fire committee. He was a tanned, surfer looking brute. Like your typical blonde-haired mermaid that had muscle that made you want to just take a bite. I knew it was all clearly to lure people in, he smiles at me, "Celeste, you're one of my students." If his siren doesn't lure people in first.

"Hello." I say, I knew his name, his birthday, his favourite colour, his thrive for sexting students like their all swipe right on tinder accounts. It wasn't hard when he reached for my hand, but I subtly moved mine, shaking his disgusting hand and making sure the other one held his wrist.

He raises an eyebrow at me, "I'm one of the supervisors for the fire wielder's. Could feel yours from miles away." He chuckles, trying to be seductive. I let go of his hand, like peeling a wet, hot bandaid off of an old wound one got from the beach.

"Honour to meet you, sir." I stutter, tying a strand of hair behind my ear. A twitch of his mouth lifts up, before I scented the faint notions of blood on his choice of shoes, only it was underneath a layer of bleach and something else. The colour made it look like they were just normal shoes. I pause, knowing I was just staring at them.

"My eyes are up here." He smirks.

Professor Noris looks slightly sick, "Jensen, you do not flirt with the students. Please excuse us." Professor Noris says, pointing to a group waiting on him. I follow, subtly scenting the air before frowning at the two of them. Something weird in whatever my nose was picking up.

"Kid." Rowan says behind me.

And just when I thought I'd have to face them, Arya steps back, "Oh good, you're still here, come on, child. I need to show you to your tour guide."

"Tell me when you hear from Professor Athena, she's been gone for six months now, she's usually here over the Christmas break, Arya." Professor Rowan says stoically, turning away but not before narrowing his eyes my way. I move with Arya and towards the stairs.

"Welcome to Nocturne academy, students. Please follow me while we finish the tour before rules and regulations of the school and yourselves within are important to stand by when learning here. The first rule is that you respect one another, if there is conflict, we believe in the concept of an eye for an eye. Do not give what you cannot take. The second rule, you stick to the curfew, unless a teacher has granted you to stay out late, you return to your rooms at the appropriate times. Tests and exams must be taken seriously, the compulsory combat training are at a range of levels, stick to the district in which you are in. Relationship wise, there is no forbidden relationships, however if there are toxic ones, our board may step in. Next, you can only leave campus on weekends. There are a long list of rules in the guides you are all given. Respect each other, and respect the school. Now, follow me to your designated dorms." She initiates, the guide, who was no one specific.

I glance around the arched hallways and corridors, about five landings and an abundant number of stairs. Handy for someone who can teleport, "Are you coming?" Arya calls out to me.

I look over my shoulder for a second, meeting the black eyes of the vampire who broke Athena's heart. He stood by the tight-lipped, black-clothed wearing team that I knew caught onto me somehow. Why or how—I didn't have an answer to yet, but as Rowan narrows his eyes when I look at him, I turn and move towards the group of new students.

So, this was the Nocturne Academy.

I still in shock when Rowan suddenly appears in front of me when a body drops between the group of students.

A dead body.

That's when girls and even boys start screaming like hyenas smacked with vegetarian food.

Completely chaotic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Hidden By Soph

Werewolf

656 22 12
[DISCONTINUED] **MATURE LANGUAGE AND CONTENT** **POSSIBLE TRIGGERS** WATTYS2018 I walk down the staircase, entranced with his sharp, angular feature...
45K 2K 84
As Lycan's were hunted and killed off a thousand years ago, now humans, and werewolves shall learn what a true Lycan is. All things made a new, now i...
178 35 13
Everything is changing for her after a death rocked her whole world. Sent away to live with a grandpa she never knew, she has so much to learn. ...
1.8M 89.3K 31
[Completed] Every Wolf Moon, humans are selected from each village to be sacrificed to the werewolves; creatures worshipped by humans as godlike figu...