The Lone Wolf | Fred Weasley...

By ynhpstories

Y/n Lupin became a werewolf at a young age from Fenrir Greyback. She kept this secret from everyone apart fro... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Reunited
Chapter 2: Back to the Burrow
Chapter 3: Insecurites
Chapter 5: The Match
Chapter 6: Aftermath
Chapter 7: Returning to Hogwarts
Chapter 8: A Scary Realisation
Chapter 9: The First Transformation
Chapter 10: The Morning After
Chapter 11: A Shocking Discovery
Chapter 12: The Champion Selection
Chapter 13: A Confession
Chapter 14: The First Task
Chapter 15: The Second Transformation
Chapter 16: Dance Lessons
Chapter 17: Doubts
Chapter 18: Dress Shopping
Chapter 19: The Ball and the Question
Chapter 20: The First Meeting
Announcement!
Chapter 21: Revealing News
Chapter 22: The Second Task
Chapter 23: A Unwanted Surprise
Chapter 24: The Truth is Revealed
Chapter 25: A Awkward Class
Chapter 26: Somethings Wrong
Chapter 27: The Final Task
Chapter 28: The Long Way Home
Part 29: 12 Grimmauld Place
Chapter 30: Hidden Secrets
Chapter 31: The Secret is Out
Chapter 32: Cute Little Reveals
Chapter 33: Returning Home
Chapter 34: The New Professor
Chapter 36: Taking the Quill
Chapter 37: She Now Knows
Chapter 38: One Long Night
Chapter 39: Close Call
Chapter 40: Locked Out
Chapter 41: Family
Chapter 42: "We all know you did it"
Chapter 43: The HogsHead
Chapter 44: Dumbledore's Army
Chapter 45: Stunning
Chapter 46: The Fox and The Snow
Chapter 47: The Attack and The Reunion
Chapter 48: Admissions and Secrets
Chapter 49: Christmas
Chapter 50: Discovered
Chapter 51: The Twins Grand Plan
Chapter 52: The Grand Exit
Chapter 53: The Ministry of Magic
Chapter 54: Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
Chapter 55: The Cottage in the Woods
Chapter 56: An Unexpected Guest
Chapter 57: The Smell
Chapter 58: Christmas Gone Wrong
Chapter 59: The Crypt
Chapter 60: The Letter
Chapter 61: The Rescue
Chapter 62: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 63: The Battle of Eight Potters
Chapter 64: A Wedding Gone Wrong
Chapter 65: The Break-in
Chapter 66: Hidden
Chapter 67: Castle in Danger
Chapter 68: The Battle of Hogwarts
Chapter 69: The Fallout
Chapter 70: Goodbye
Bonus: The Afterlife
Thank You!

Chapter 4: The Portkey

2.7K 62 31
By ynhpstories

Y/n's POV:

"Y/n, y/n dear it's time to wake up" a voice whispered.

Someone was slightly shaking me awake, I let out a large groan before opening my eyes. Molly stood above me with a warm and tired smile on her face. It was still pitch black outside. The worst time to wake up is when it's still dark.

"What time is it Molly?" I groaned

"It's 3:00am dear, please can you wake the other two up whilst I wake the boys?" She asked me

"Okay Molly" I groaned once again. Molly smiled once more before turning on her heels and walked out, closing the door behind her.

I stood up off my mattress and stretched, raising my arms in the air, I sighed before putting my hands down to wake Ginny and Hermione. I turned to Ginny first because she is harder to wake up.

"Ginny. Wake up Ginny" I said shaking her. The young third year groaned and pulled the blanket over her head.

"It's too early" she groaned, her voice was muffled due to the blanket over her head.

"I know it is. But we're leaving for the World Cup soon" I said. Suddenly the young girl sat up, eyes wide and her flaming red hair going in all directions.

"I'm up. I'm up" she said excitedly.

"Good. I'm going to wake up Hermione" I nodded. But before I could wake the fourth year, Ginny's voice boomed through the room.

"HERMIONE WAKE UP. WE'RE GOING TO THE WORLD CUP!" She yelled. Hermione jumped up, fear and shock on her face. She then turned to Ginny and threw a pillow at her face.

"You could have woke me up in a nicer way" She moaned at Ginny. "Why didn't you stop her?!" She turned to me.

"I was going to wake you up nicely. But Ginny beat me to it. I have nothing to do with it" I said raising my hands in the air.

"Never mind that. Let's get ready!" Ginny said loudly she ran out of her bed and to her wardrobe and me and Hermione helped her pick out a muggle outfit.

I then opened my trunk and pulled out some skinny jeans and a pale blue crop top and a cardigan over the top. I changed into my clothes looking like a proper muggle.

I left the bedroom and wandered downstairs to the kitchen. The small room had Molly and Arthur. Molly was in her dressing gown and Arthur was wearing some jeans and a jumper.

"Good morning y/n!" Arthur said warmly "Is this good muggle clothes?"

"It's perfect Mr.Weasley" I replied.

"Please call me Arthur" he said. I smiled and nodded before taking a seat at the table. Ginny and Hermione sat opposite me. Molly placed some toast and scrambled eggs in front of me. I buttered my toast and started to eat. I always admired Molly's cooking, not sure how she does it! Suddenly there where two people coming down the stairs, thudding their way down in the process. Two tall and lanky twins wandered in the room wearing identical pale yellow jeans and a plaid jumper. They both smiled before taking a seat either side of me.

"Good morning lovey" Fred yawned. I blushed hard at the nickname which caused giggled from Ginny and Hermione.

"Morning Freddie." I smiled at him. The tips of Fred's ears were pink enough to match his cheeks. "And morning George"

"How come Fred gets a nickname and I don't" he huffed.

"Because Fred is less annoying" I replied. Causing both the twins to snicker.

"Fair enough" he said.

Me, the twins, Ginny, Hermione, Harry and Ron all speedily ate breakfast, we slipped on our shoes and grabbed our bags.

"Why do we have to be up so early?" Ginny said.

"We've got a bit of a walk," said Arthur

"Walk?" I groaned. "What, are we walking to the World Cup?"

"No, no, that's miles away," said Arthur, smiling. "We only need to walk a short way. It's just that it's very difficult for a large number of wizards to congregate without attracting Muggle attention. We have to be very careful about how we travel at the best of times, and on a huge occasion like the Quidditch World Cup..."

We began to pile out of the door when we heard Molly yell. "George!" Causing is all to jump.

"What?" said George, in an innocent tone that deceived nobody.

"What is that in your pocket?"

"Nothing!"

"Don't you lie to me!"

Molly pointed her wand at George's pocket and said, "Accio!"

Several small, brightly colored objects zoomed out of George's pocket; he made a grab for them but missed, and they sped right into Molly's outstretched hand.

"We told you to destroy them!" said Molly furiously, holding up what were unmistakably more Ton-Tongue Toffees. "We told you to get rid of the lot Empty your pockets, go on, both of you!"

It was an unpleasant scene; the twins had evidently been trying to smuggle as many toffees out of the house as possible, and it was only by using her Summoning Charm that Molly managed to find them all from them.

"Accio! Accio! Accio!" she shouted, and toffees zoomed from all sorts of unlikely places, including the lining of George's jacket and the turn-ups of Fred's jeans.

"We spent six months developing those!" Fred shouted at his mother as she threw the toffees away.

"Oh a fine way to spend six months!" she shrieked. "No wonder you didn't get more O.W.L.s!"

All in all, the atmosphere was not very friendly as they took their departure. Molly was still glowering as she kissed Arthur on the cheek, though not nearly as much as the twins, who had each hoisted their rucksacks onto their backs and walked out without a word to her.

"Well, have a lovely time," said Molly, "and behave yourselves," she called after the twins' retreating backs, but they did not look back or answer. "I'll send Bill, Charlie, and Percy along around midday," Molly said to Arthur, as he, me, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny set off across the dark yard after Fred and George.

It was chilly and the moon was still out. Only a dull, greenish tinge along the horizon to their right showed that daybreak was drawing closer.

I was the first to reach the twins. I jumped up and hung my arms on their shoulders which lifted me off the ground.

"What's up with you two?" I asked innocently.

"Your saw what happened" George said sharply.

"So. What got you so down in the dumps?" I continued to act innocently knowing I was about to make their day.

"We spent six months developing them, just to see them thrown in the bin" Fred replied sombrely with a tinge of anger in his voice.

"Well I can cheer you both up" I said with a smirk on my face.

"And how can you do that" the twins said in complete unison.

"With these" I said as I reached into my bag and pulled out a small plastic bag full of their ton-tongue toffees wrapped in different colour paper. The twins faces went from sad to gleaming in 0.2 seconds.

"How did you do that!" George yelled excitedly.

"Sneaked them last night. But a woman never reveals her secrets" I said with a smirk. I handed George the bag of sweets.

"Oh y/n I love you! A-as a friend of course" Fred stuttered.

"Yeah. I-umm. Me to" I replied with a slight tone of sadness. I thought for a second that Fred Weasley would like me back.

Fred's POV:

"Oh y/n I love you! A-as a friend of course" I stuttered. How could I be so stupid I thought. I'm an idiot. Of course I actually love y/n. Not just as a friend.

"Yeah. I-umm. Me to" y/n responded. Her voice had a tint of sadness. Merlin I'm so stupid. I made her sad. What if she thinks I don't like her I thought again. Since second year I've had a massive crush on her. And now I blew it.

Dad walked ahead of us, where a large black mass rose beyond the village of Ottery St. Catchpole.

"Look y/n I-" I tried to say.

"No Freddie. It's okay. I get it" she said. Her face then looked worried and was counting something on her fingers.

"Are you okay y/n" I asked worried, I furrowed my eyebrows as I stared at her beautiful face.

"Oh nothing. Other than tired" she said, I could tell she fake smiled to me. She's hiding something but I don't want to bother her. But I want to comfort her. Everyone then fell into a comfortable silence as we walked towards the village.

We trudged down the dark, dank lane toward the village, the silence broken only by their footsteps. The sky lightened very slowly as they made their way through the village, its inky blackness diluting to deepest blue. Y/n began to shiver and moan that her feet was hurting. I took out a spare hat out of my bag and placed it on her head then picked her up and carried her.

"Thank you Freddie" she said to me. A blush creeped onto my face. I love it when she calls me 'Freddie'

"Anytime love" I said. I think she blushed but she turned her head away before I could see. We then fell back into a comfortable silence. All I could think of is how beautiful she is. Her y/h/c hair fell beautifully and the rising sun made her face more beautiful. I occasionally got a few stares from George and he would wriggle is eyebrows.

I didn't have breath to spare for talking as we began to climb Stoatshead Hill, stumbling occasionally in hidden rabbit holes, slipping on thick black tuffets of grass. Each breath I took was sharp in my chest and my legs were starting to seize up when, at last, my feet found level ground.

"Whew," panted dad, taking off his glasses and wiping them on his sweater. "Well, we've made good time - we've got ten minutes."

Hermione came over the crest of the hill last, clutching a stitch in her side.

"Now we just need the Portkey," said dad, replacing his glasses and squinting around at the ground. "It won't be big....Come on..."

They spread out, searching. I placed y/n down, due to her request. She then helped search for the Portkey. Godric she was beautiful, the scars on her face mean nothing to me at all. Although I can tell she is really insecure about them. I have no clue what caused them. But I want to find out. We had only been looking for a couple of minutes, however, when a shout rent the still air.

"Over here, Arthur! Over here, son, we've got it."

Two tall figures were silhouetted against the starry sky on the other side of the hilltop.

"Amos!" said dad, smiling as he strode over to the man who had shouted. The rest of us followed.

Dad was shaking hands with a ruddy-faced wizard with a scrubby brown beard, who was holding a moldy-looking old boot in his other hand.

"This is Amos Diggory, everyone," said dad. "He works for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. And I think you know his son, Cedric?"

Cedric Diggory was an extremely handsome boy of around seventeen. He was Captain and Seeker of the Hufflepuff House Quidditch team at Hogwarts. Me and George had hated him ever since Hufflepuff beat Gryffindor last year.

"Hi," said Cedric, looking around at them all.

Everybody said hi back except me and George, who merely nodded.

"Hey Cedric" Y/n called. She ran and gave the boy a large hug.

"Hey y/n! How are you?" He asked her. I could feel anger growing in my body. I gave Cedric a glare if complete hatred. If looks could kill, Cedric would be gone by now. I didn't even hear the rest of their conversation. George had asked me something.

"Is Freddie jealous of y/n and Cedric" George asked me with a smirk.

"No. I'm not jealous of Cedric and y/n" I replied a bit to quickly.

"Don't lie to me Fred. I'm your twin" He said

"Fine. I may be a little jealous" I gave up. But before I could say anything, y/n came over to us with a warm smile on her face. Her angel like smile.

"What's up with you Freddie" she asked.

"Oh nothing. Nothing at all" I replied. George snorted but I hit the back of his head when y/n wasn't looking. We then caught up with everyone and heard Amos and dad's conversation.

"Long walk, Arthur?" Cedric's father asked. "Not too bad," said dad

"We live just on the other side of the village there. You?"

"Had to get up at two, didn't we, Ced? I tell you, I'll be glad when he's got his Apparition test. Still...not complaining...Quidditch World Cup, wouldn't miss it for a sackful of Galleons - and the tickets cost about that. Mind you, looks like I got off easy...." Amos Diggory peered good-naturedly around at the three Weasley boys, Harry, Hermione, y/n, and Ginny. "All these yours, Arthur?"

"Oh no, only the redheads," said dad, pointing out his children.
"This is Y/n, friend of Fred and George. Hermione, friend of Ron's - and Harry, another friend -"

"Merlin's beard," said Amos Diggory, his eyes widening. "Harry? Harry Potter?"

"Er - yeah," said Harry.

"Ced's talked about you, of course," said Amos Diggory. "Told us all about playing against you last year...I said to him, I said - Ced, that'll be something to tell your grandchildren, that will....You beat Harry Potter!"

Harry couldn't think of any reply to this, so he remained silent. Me and George were both scowling again. Cedric looked slightly embarrassed.

"Harry fell off his broom, Dad," he muttered. "I told you...it was an accident...."

"Yes, but you didn't fall off, did you?" roared Amos genially, slapping his son on his back. "Always modest, our Ced, always the gentleman...but the best man won, I'm sure Harry'd say the same, wouldn't you, eh? One falls off his broom, one stays on, you don't need to be a genius to tell which one's the better flier!"

This made me hate Cedric's dad as much as I hate Cedric himself.

"Must be nearly time," said dad quickly, pulling out his watch again. "Do you know whether we're waiting for any more, Amos?"

"No, the Lovegoods have been there for a week already and the Fawcetts couldn't get tickets," said Mr.Diggory. "There aren't any more of us in this area, are there?"

"Not that I know of," said dad. "Yes, it's a minute off...We'd better get ready...."

He looked around at Harry and Hermione.

"You just need to touch the Portkey, that's all, a finger will do -"

With difficulty, owing to their bulky backpacks, the ten of us crowded around the old boot held out by Amos Diggory.

We all stood there, in a tight circle, as a chill breeze swept over the hilltop. Nobody spoke. I stood there next to y/n. To my dislike, Cedric was the other side of y/n. He glanced at her up and down before turning away. Anger fuelled my body again.

"Three..." muttered dad, one eye still on his watch, two...one..."

It happened immediately: I felt as though a hook just behind my navel had been suddenly jerked irresistibly forward. My feet left the ground; I could feel Y/n and George on either side of him, their shoulders banging into mine; we were all speeding forward in a howl of wind and swirling color; my forefinger was stuck to the boot as though it was pulling him magnetically onward and then -

My body slammed into the ground; George staggered into him and he fell over; the Portkey hit the ground near his head with a heavy thud.

I then felt something or someone fall on me. I gasped before looking up to see y/n had fallen on top of me.

"I'm so sorry Freddie!" She exclaimed as she quickly stood up and held her hand out for me. I took it happily and stood up.

"I hope I cushioned your landing" I said with a smile. Y/n smiled back which caused me to smile harder.

I looked around to see dad, Mr.Diggory, and Cedric were still standing, though looking very windswept; everybody else was on the ground.

"Seven past five from Stoatshead Hill," said a unknown voice

Word count- 2815
A/n: Happy Wednesday. Sorry for another long part. I like writing the longer parts. But if you want them shorter then please tell me. Have a great day :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196 7 10
"Why do you hate me so much?" "Because you took away the only thing I could call mine." - Estelle Lupin, navigating life as the daughter of a werewol...
205K 3.7K 87
Y/N is the only living and known child of infamous Death Eaters, Rodolphus and Bellatrix Lestrange, perhaps the most loyal of the Dark Lord's followe...
699K 14.4K 74
Fred Weasley and Y/n L/n are best friends since they met at King Cross station in their first year. Soon they caught feelings for each other. Who wil...
50.9K 572 68
Mallorie Valentine and Fred Weasley had been best friends their whole lives. Their parents gone to school together so they had spent a lot of their c...