Captured By A Ruthless Vampir...

By S0NDREENJ

Book 2 of (The Awakening Series) I'm a She-wolf who happened to be born on the day of The Awakening. My peopl... More

~CopyRight ~
~Captured By A Ruthless Vampire King~
|1| ~The Luna Blood Moon~
~Cast Updates & Rambling~
|2|~The Privileged~
|3|~The Way To A Wolves Heart~
|4|~The Brother Hood~
|5|~The Charade of Falling Stars ~
|6|~The Dream of Fire ~
|7|~Never Have I Ever ~
|8|~ WICKED WORLD OF WONDROUS ~
|9|~ Run Embry Run~
|10|~I'll Follow~
|11|~We're not in Kansas anymore~
|12|~His Rejection ~
|13|~His Rules ~
|14|~She-Wolf in the City~
|15|~The Werewolves Are Coming~
|16|~Hello Cousin~
|17|~Duty Calls~
|18|~Ending Connections~
|19| ~ It's Kill Or Be Killed~
|20| ~Rejection Denied~
|21| ~ Wreckage ~
|22|~The Truth Hurts~
|23|~ Moment 4 for life~
|24|~Let Me In~
|25|~ The Bonds of Autumn~
|26|~Bond Understood ~
|27|~Bound To You ~
|28|~My Favorite Flavor~
|29|~ Teach Me How To Grovel~
|30|~ Cool People and Cool Places~
|31|~ Mr. Groveler Grovels Good~
|32|~ Master of Manipulation~
|33|~Trust Your Instincts~
|34|~Bitch Boy~
|35|~How to torture 101 ~
|36|~Mines ~
|37|~The Bite Fight ~
|38|~The Apology~
|39|~The Dispute ~
|40|~The Chase Down~
|41|~The Golden Chosen~
~Cast Updates & Rambling~
|42|~A Night Full Of Surprises~
|43| ~The Summons~
|44| ~A Day Full Of Sorrow~
|45| ~The Lost Wolf~
|46| ~A Girl Fight ~
|47|~ A Special Touch~
|48|~The Chemicals React ~
|49|~Officially Claimed ~
|50|~Deep Trouble~
|51|~A Worldwide View ~
|52|~ You Are Dead To Me~
|53|~You Are Dead To Me Too~
|54|~You Are My Air ~
|55|~You're Driving!~
|56|~A Midnight Ride ~
|57| ~A Midnight Swim ~
|58| ~An Early Dive ~
|59| ~The Drama Queen ~
|60| ~The Red House ~
|61| ~The Grand Entrance ~
|62| ~The Fairest of All ~
|63| ~ A Time Long Ago~
|64| ~ Happy Never After~
|65| ~A Magical Surprise~
|66| ~ Once Upon A Time ~
|67| ~ A Night to Remember ~
|68| ~ An Important Business Matter ~
|69| ~ The Hunt~
|70| ~Captured By Him~
|71| ~ Neckbreaking Hello's ~
|72| ~Heartbreaking Goodbyes~
|73| ~ Yet Another Important Business Matter~
|74| ~ Dark Night/ Bright Day~
|75| ~ Inner Peace Treaty~
|76| ~ The Pledge To The She-Wolf~
|77| ~The First Casualties of War ~
|78| ~A Series of Unfortuante Events ~
|79| ~War Ready ~
|80| ~Awakened~
|81| ~The Path of Blood~
|82| ~ The Grand Finale, or Not~
|83| ~Deadly Poison~
|84| ~New World Order~
|85| ~ A Whole New World~
|86| ~ Family Reunions ~
|87| ~ Abducted Rainstorms~
|88| ~ There are Consequences for Every Action~
|89| ~ I Declare War~
|90| ~ Til Death Do You Part~
|91| ~ Silent War~
|92| ~ The Art of War~
|93| ~ Operation Task Force~
|94| ~Operation Taking Cyrus Down Pt1~
|95| ~Operation Taking Cyrus Down Pt2~
|96|~ Reinforcement's ~
|97|~The Blood Gathering~
|98| ~The Challenge~
|99|~Pack in Blood~
|100|~The Winner~
~|Epilogue|~
Bonus Chapter ~ The Bucket List ~
Bonus Chapter ~ Heaven Sent ~
Book 3 ~Hunted by the Barbaric Vampire King~
Bonus Chapter ~ The Vampire King She-Wolf Queen~

Bonus Chapter ~ The Queen of Heart's~

2.8K 100 14
By S0NDREENJ

Lady Katherine

Queen Aurora

Larentia Lakewater ( Embry's Mother)

Gold Bluffs Beach, California

February 14, 2036

Lady Katherines POV.

The dinner table is noisy like it usually is whenever Ghost and I decide to visit Larentia and Hunter Wilde Pack. Their two children Farrah and Amaruq Wilde are playfully fighting over the most unimportant matters which is also typical. Hunter's brother, Grayson soon joins in on the fun, by making it his point to partake in the meaningless banter. His mate, Elena is having a terrible time attempting to ensure that their pup Celine is eating all of her vegetables but still somehow manages to find the time to join in every once in a while. On the other end, Hunter Wilde and his brother Maddox Wilde are talking quietly about work matters, but every so often they too join in on Farrah and Amaruq banter. Ghost is currently sitting directly beside me gently stroking the side of my right thigh every chance that he gets, but even he can't help but put his two senses in the conversation as well.

Larentia and I on the other hand are engaging in our conversation which is also pretty typical. The two of us have been nearly inseparable ever since we've met a year ago at my best friend's daughter's mating ceremony. Speaking of which, I wonder where Aurora and Bella are. They've should have arrived by now and judging by the look on Maddox mates Mate's face I'm not the only one eagerly awaiting their arrival. She appears to be rather bored and more entertained with her phone. Them, she is with the Wilde family little gathering which is also extremely usual.

I guess it's safe to say that Mecca doesn't like to engage with her mate's family that often but to be fair Mecca doesn't like to engage with anyone other than her mate and her best friend daughter Bella. From my understanding, it's been that way ever since Maddox had some huge fallout with his father because he didn't care for her that much.

According to pack gossip, the Wilde brother's father didn't care for any of their mates but he hated her the worst because of the color of her skin. I've never had the chance to meet the man and as the wolves will say for that I'm grateful. In other words, he's a racist prick.

That's mostly why he's always absent at Wilde's family gatherings like this one and I must admit that he truly is missing out. I love spending time with this lovely family, even though they are a pack of wolves. That's why when Grayson asked me if I wanted to attend their valentines day brunch at Hunter and Larentia home I didn't object in any shape or form. In all honestly, I love to tag along whenever Grayson invites him to come.

The two of them have been best friends for many centuries at this point, proving that despite the difference in species we all can get along. I just wish my nephew Cyrus would see this one day. Even though I know that it won't be anytime soon but I do have hope. I'll always have hope when he's come's into the equation. I'm his biggest cheerleader.

"Earth to Kat, Earth to Kat!" As I look up, Larentia is waving her hands back in forth in front of my face like a maniac. I highly dislike when she calls me Kat just as much as she highly dislikes when I call her Lake. That's one of the many things that she and I have in common. Neither of us cares for nicknames.

"If you call me Kat again I'm going to act like one a scratch your eyes out," I tease with a silly giggle.

"Or more like act like a bat and drain you of life," my sensitive ears detect Mecca mutter underneath her breath from the far end of the table.

"Hey, not cool!" Grayson comes to my defense not even a second after Mecca's rude comment.

See, that's exactly why he's my favorite Wilde brother. In all honesty, he's everyone's favorite.

He is such a good man.

"And such a good suck-up," Ghost whispers in my ear, obviously enjoying the fact that I'm allowing him in my head. He hates that I have the power to shut him out which I tend to do pretty often. My eyes briefly flicker in his direction only to come in contact with his striking pair of green eyes locked on to me, carefully scanning my features. I love the way that he looks at me. He makes me melt every single time.

So I say, "You're such a suck-up, my suck-up!"

"Yes, I'm such a suck-up!" He agrees. "You're suck up!" Then, his delightful fruity floral blend of mango and pineapples washes over me as he cups my face with a gentle touch. "Happy valentines day, my lady. I love you."

"Ahh, I love you too!" I tell him before demonstrating my love by planting a simple yet super-sweet kiss down onto his delicious lips.

"Ahh, get a room!" interrupts Larentia before puckering up her lips to kiss the air.

"Yeah, tell them! Little love," her mate joins in. "Get a room!"

"Now you know the two of you have no right to tell anyone to get anything," Laughs Elena as she lays her head onto Grayson's chest.

"Good one babe! We all know that the two of them be humping like rabbits," Grayson says, making Elena laugh harder.

"Gross!" Farrah and Amaruq yell out in union.

"We don't," denies Larentia, giving her children an unapologetic look.

"Oh, is that right!" Grayson continues to tease while picking his fork back up from his plate. He has that look of mischief, you know the one that someone would have that is up to no good. Then, he turns to face Amaruq. "So, how else would you explain you're mom getting pupped up with you before their actual mating ceremony. I mean, she was literally pregnant within a week of their meeting."

That's all it takes for me to laugh so hard I nearly choke on my juice and I'm not the only one.

Just about everyone other than Larentia, Hunter, and their children are laughing so hard it nearly shakes the room. I even catch a glimpse of Mecca sneakily snickering. So, you know it's serious.

Before Larentia can respond, the doorbell rings, and Hunters says, "Saved by the Bell!"

Literally!

"Bell's," chirps Mecca, as she rushes to the door to greet her best friend with me following right behind her to greet my own.

As soon as the door fly's open, I'm nearly knocked off my feet as a true force of nature comes crashing into me by the name of Bella.

****************

It's a bit chilly tonight. The wind heavily blows, but the moon and stars are brightly beautiful. I take a moment to admire the beautiful 10-mile stretch of beach which sits perfectly in the center of Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park. It's such a breath of fresh here compared to the roaming life of New York City that I've come accustomed to. I love it here.

I love everything about this place and I'm anxiously awaiting to accompany Ghost on our midnight stroll that we take every time we visit this place. After that, we're supposed to head over to the campgrounds that are rumored to host a mind-blowing solar shower directly in the center of the ancient redwoods.

My eyes flicker in the direction of the others who are already sitting on the beach, relaxing and enjoying the peace that comes with watching the crashing waves. Out the corner of my eye, I catch of glimpse of a herd of Roosevelt elk that is often seen wandering around this beach.

My attention averts from them the very moment the sound of footsteps comes in contact with my ears. Not even the dark can hide away the enchanting face beauty or the radiant green eyes that glow in the night like emerald lanterns. Her dark raven hair glistens under the silver moon. My best friend Aurora is making her way to me.

"Why aren't you enjoying your time with the others?" she ask while draping a cotton wool blanket over me that she conjured up out of thin air. "Time is precious, you know that."

"And why aren't you?'" I question, briefly flickering my eyes in the direction of her daughter, who seems to be having the time of her life as she catches up with her best friend and I'm glad.

Everyone knows that Bella hasn't been herself every since she mated with that backstabbing lycan king. I knew that it would only be a matter of time until she came back home with her mother as she should. This is exactly where she belongs. I can only hope that she stays this time.

I continue to watch as Aurora sits directly beside me on the blanket that Ghost left for me and stares directly at the sea. Her expression is expressionless although I know that she's currently processing a thousand and one plus more emotions at this time. One would never know what Aurora is thinking or feeling. Ever.

However, I've become quite good at pinpointing when something is troubling her but for for the most part I'm just guessing. She's not the type of woman who just lets anyone in. Trust me.

I've known her for just about all of my life and she still doesn't even trust me fully and that alone speaks volumes. She seems to be lost in thought for a very long while.

Finally, she sighs. "You know better than anyone that time is endless to me, but the people that I'm cursed to love are much more fortunate." She then looks back over at her daughter for a long while. "It kills me that I'm unable to save you all. For someone so powerful I feel so powerless."

She tries her hardest to hold back her tears. In a heartbeat, my arms find their way around her tiny frame and I say, "There! There! Now, you know that in the end, everything shall be as it is," I repeat the very words that she repeated to me the day that she predicted my death. "We've done everything and will continue to do everything in our power to ensure that they are prepared for what's to come,"

"Yes! we well," joins in Larentia coming out of nowhere. Then, she sits on the right side of me and says. "They will be ready. They must be or it's all for nothing. We shall all die for nothing,"

*******

Here's the update I promised. However, I have an extra bonus chapter from this book that shall be released new Wednesday. I hope you enjoyed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

269K 6.7K 50
BOOK 1 OF THE BIG BAD WOLF SERIES: "R-Roman, stop," He lingers on each kiss, teasing me with his tongue. Sparks erupt. "You make me so damn angry...
3.1K 220 47
Have you ever just look up to the sky and ask the Moon Goddess "Why?" I have. I do it every single night for the past four years. I don't know if I...
9.6M 372K 106
Book 1 of (The Awakening Series) {#1 Supernatural} {#1 Paranormal} {#1 Lycans} {#1 Vampire Romance} {#5 Royalty} The world went to shit long before I...
220K 6.8K 48
When you are at your lowest there is only one thing you can do and that is to rise. Our protagonist went through some tough sh*t and then like a phoe...