Eyes on the prize- Sebastian...

By BeeYourself12

Joey, Irish born female racing driver, has been offered the experience of a lifetime to support the FIA safet... More

1. First meetings
2. The penny drops
3. You're on, O'Shea
4. Australia pt. 1
5. Australia pt.2
6. Out with the red team
7. Monaco dining
8. Family time
9. Canadian matchmaking
10. Bad news
11. Ireland
12. Brotherly advice
13. Welcome to the family
14. What happens in Hockenheim...
15. The Summer break begins
16. Homely meals
17. Expect the unexpected
18. The date
19. Swiss bliss
20. Making it official
21. The L word
22. Ireland
23. Ireland pt.2
24. An unexpected guest in Suzuka
25. Better to think before you speak
26. Partying in LA
27. Birthday treats
28. Making up
29. Spending time together in Austin
30. You win some, you lose some
31. Family bonds
33. One last ride
34. When in Ireland
35. The wedding pt.2
36. FIA party
37. Christmas time
38. Rallying in Finland
39. Reminiscing in Silverstone
40. German races
41. Family time
42. A wedding
Epilogue

32. First week in Switzerland

1K 30 9
By BeeYourself12

‘Would you be willing to buy another shoe rack just for me?’ Joey asked, jokingly, as she opened yet another box of her favourite trainers.
‘You know what? I’ll buy you a house just for your shoes, how does that sound?’ Seb joked.

It had been a few days since Joey had moved in with Seb in his Swiss home and the two were still adapting to each other’s rhythms and quirks. However, life had never been that great for the two of them. Waking up next to Seb every day was the best feeling Joey had felt in a long time.

Joey had now moved onto her books. Compared to Seb’s collection hers was miniscule but Seb had made space for everything she owned. He really wanted to show her how involved he was in their relationship.
She felt him hug her from behind and rest his head on her shoulder after having given her a small kiss on the neck.
‘Have I told you how much I love you?’ he asked.
‘What have you done this time?’ she teased. 
‘I have a couple of things in mind that will need forgiving after I am done with you’ he suggestively whispered in her ear.
‘God, you’re insatiable!’ Joey chuckled. ‘Then you moan my stuff is still in boxes, you barely let me leave the bedroom’ 
‘Well, it’s not my fault you’re sexy as hell.’ he mused. ‘But you’re lucky, Antti is on the way to get me out training’
‘Could I come too?’ Joey asked. Seb looked at her surprised. Last time he had asked her to join him and Antti for a run she had laughed loudly and just walked away, thinking he had been joking. ‘Don’t look at me like that, Liam has been moaning. He said I need to step it up or he will want a raise, and I am poor’ she tried to joke.
‘Sure, yeah, of course you can. Antti will gladly break you too’ Seb said. 
‘I thought that was just for you to do’ she teased. ‘When’s he coming?’
‘About 10 minutes, if you’re sure about joining us I’d suggest you go get changed. I can carry on with these, you’re doing it all wrong anyways. I told you, alphabetical order’
‘I told you! Alphabetical order’ Joey repeated, in a childish voice. ‘Thank fuck you’re pretty’ she stamped a sweet kiss on his lips, before heading off to the bedroom. She changed into a comfortable t-shirt and a pair of yoga trousers, pulled her hair up in a bun and joined her partner once more in the living room where he was sitting with his trainer who had just arrived.
‘Antti’ she nodded, with a smile.
‘So it is true, you’re coming with us. This is going to be fun’ he rubbed his hands together, an evil smile forming on his face.
‘Goddamnit.’ She hissed. ‘What even is the plan?’ she asked as she followed the two men out of the house.
‘A short cycle around here, get your helmet on, you’re prone to accidents’ he teased.
‘Very funny, Konstas, very funny indeed’

As always, what Antti had described as “short” and subsequently “easy” was anything but that. Joey somehow managed to keep up with the two men who were whizzing through trees, rocks and hills alike. The scenery, however, was worth every single ounce of sweat. Joey couldn’t believe the beauty of the place Seb had decided to call home. Extremely similar to his native Germany, Joey could see why he had chosen to live there being a man who liked privacy and tranquillity. For her, Switzerland had been a big change. Used to the hustle and bustle of the big city, with anything open at any time any day of the year, the little village that was a short drive away felt more similar to rural Ireland than anything else. Joey took a deep breath of fresh mountain air in, stopping as Antti and Seb had done too. 
‘Antti, have I ever told you I hate you?’ she asked.
‘Possibly’ he smirked. ‘Tired?’
‘Nah, I am loving it. It’s so easy to keep up with you two’ she replied, sarcastically. ‘I hate to say Liam was right, I have been slacking this year. He’s so gonna kill me’
‘Is he moving too?’ Antti asked, curious.
‘At some point he will have to, unless we do it over Skype’
‘You know I can give you a hand if you need it, right?’ the Finn asked.
‘Antti, no offence. I just don’t have the same relationship with you as I have with him. I can tell him to fuck off and he won’t get offended.’ 
‘I won’t either’ he shrugged.
‘Aaaand he’s cheaper. Mercedes is paying well, but not that well’ she joked. ‘Also he’s my best friend, I’ll need him here when Seb has had enough of me’
‘True’ the German interjected, with a laugh.
‘You’re not supposed to agree, Vettel! I will kill you’
‘Try and catch me first!’ he smirked before setting off on his bike again.

~•~•~•

Joey let herself fall on the sofa, completely worn out by the day spent training with Seb and Antti. She replied to a few messages from her dad and brother and then stretched her legs on the cushions. Soon she was fast asleep.

'Du bist der schönste Anblick' she heard Seb whisper, giving her a sweet kiss on the forehead. 'ich liebe dich'
'Ich auch' she mumbled back, slowly waking up. 'I really have to step up my German game' 
'I think you're probably better than you think, Fab told me he even taught you some dialect'
'Yeah, but mostly swear words.' She chuckled.
'Well, that will get you through well enough' he teased. 'I was thinking of inviting my parents and Fab over for dinner some time this week'
'Make it Sunday, I'll make Sunday roast' 
'You sure? We have to fly out early on Monday'
'You don't, I do' she reminded him.
'Why would I take a different flight from you? And stay here all by myself? No, thank you. I've got you now, I won't let you go' Seb explained.

'Needy' she joked. 'But seriously, get them over on Sunday. I haven't seen them in so long' she repeated.

'OK, I'll call them now'

~•~•~•

'Fuck, fuck, fuckity fuck' Joey swore, as she tried to juggle the many things she had going on. Fabian and his parents had just parked up on the drive and Seb had just greeted them and invited them in.
'Joey, brauchst du Hilfe?' Fabian walked into the kitchen, wearing a bright smile.
'I don't' she replied. 'But thanks'
'You sound like you do' he giggled. 'Hi, by the way' Fabian hugged her. 
'Hello, Fab' she replied. 'Good?'
'Very good now that you two got back together' he smiled. 'Come on, let me help. I don't want to have burnt stuff' he joked.
'Stir' she passed him a spoon and pointed at the gravy cooking on the hob.
'Please' he added, sneering.
'Bitte' she pleaded. 'I just don't want to fuck it up'

Soon enough, Joey could relax enough to join the guests in the living room. Both Norbert and Heike were ecstatic to see her and they both made sure to tell her how glad they were that Seb had managed to make things work out between them.
They ate and chatted and ate some more. Life never felt that good before. Seb's family had always been lovely to her, but since she and Seb had been dating, Joey could feel they had got tighter. 
Later that night, Heike had offered to help Joey out with the dishes, whilst Seb, his brother and his dad were sitting on the patio sharing a bottle of Jagermeister.

'So, everything good between you two now? Her family OK with her moving?' Fabian asked him.
'Yeah, we're better than ever. I followed your advice and didn't let her go without a fight. It's weird how I am taking advice from you, you're the baby' Seb chuckled. 'But you also know her pretty well, so yeah…'
'And her family is OK?' Norbert asked. 'From what I saw from her dad when he was around… he's quite protective. As we all are.'
'Yeah… her dad is the least of my worries. I mean, her brother is slightly scarier… but… i think they like me. I mean Connor gave me this' he produced the little box from his pocket. 
Both Fabian's and Norbert's jaws dropped when they saw the ring.
'Are you asking her? Like now?' Fabian asked.
'No, no. But he said if i had any intention of doing so, I should take this. It's her mum's and she's been wanting it since she was 8 years old'
'It's a big step, Seb' norbert interjected. 'Are you sure?'
'100%.' He nodded. 'Just not yet. We have only just moved in… and we haven't really been together that long, but I love her and I can see myself spending the rest of my life with her' he said, putting the box back in his pocket.
'Aww that's sweet' Fabian cooed.
'What's sweet?' Joey's voice made the three men shuffle in their chairs. 'Oh you were talking about me' she laughed.
'Kinda' Fab shrugged, with a cheeky smile.
'I came to see if you'd like a coffee or a tea, Heike has insisted on making me one' 
'A tea would be lovely, thank you' Seb said, shuffling uncomfortably on his chair, trying to hide the box shaped bulge in his pocket.
'Coffee for me, bitte' Fabian added.
'Same, please'
Joey nodded, she felt like she had walked into a somewhat uncomfortable conversation. Maybe Norbert and Fabian were discussing their short breakup and didn't want her to hear them.
She returned to Heike with the drinks order.
The two stood in silence in the kitchen for a while when Heike spoke:
'I am glad you two could figure it out.' She said with a warm smile on her face. 'Seb was so broken, I have never seen him that way'
'So was I. I travelled to a whole different continent and all I could think about was how much I missed him'
'He made a mistake, but he really loves you. I hope you won't hold that to him'
'I am a pretty easy going person, I never hold a grudge. It's water under the bridge, I am here and I can't wait to see what the future holds'
'A grandchild?' Heike ask, cheekily.
'Woah, maybe one day. Not now, definitely not now.' She blushed. 'But I know he would be an amazing dad'
'He would be… but I guess I'm biased'
'You and Norb have done an amazing job, with all your kids. Even Fabian' she joked, as the youngest Vettel joined them.
'The cheek!' He exclaimed in his native tongue. 'I don't think I like you anymore. Good luck racing next year without me supporting you'
'Fabi, please, no' she pulled him in under her arm. 'You know I need to vent to someone every single race day'
'Guess you'll just have to hope my brother is there then' he shrugged. 
'Please! You can't be leaving me with Liam'
'I want an apology and I want it in German'
'Please, Fabi.' She begged. 'Don't leave me with your brother'
'Oi' seb interjected. 'When did you actually get good at German?'
'I was always good, just not confident. But since I've signed that contract I got back into it' she smiled. 
'You never cease to surprise me'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 4.8K 19
"𝓘𝓯 𝓘 𝓬𝓪𝓷. 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵. 𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝓭𝓲𝓼𝓬𝓾𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷 Norah had worked her entire life up to this moment. Driving for a formula one team was...
Spotlight By LandosGirl

General Fiction

21.7K 544 28
To make it to formula one you have to be prepared to make sacrifices- to be successful you actually have to make them. There was no line she would no...
79.3K 1.4K 36
@kimiraikkonen is following you now.
82.2K 1.6K 40
A woman is appointed as the new press officer for a Formula 1 driver whom she admires. What's her reaction when she found out that he has a feeling f...