Captured By A Ruthless Vampir...

By S0NDREENJ

Book 2 of (The Awakening Series) I'm a She-wolf who happened to be born on the day of The Awakening. My peopl... More

~CopyRight ~
~Captured By A Ruthless Vampire King~
|1| ~The Luna Blood Moon~
~Cast Updates & Rambling~
|2|~The Privileged~
|3|~The Way To A Wolves Heart~
|4|~The Brother Hood~
|5|~The Charade of Falling Stars ~
|6|~The Dream of Fire ~
|7|~Never Have I Ever ~
|8|~ WICKED WORLD OF WONDROUS ~
|9|~ Run Embry Run~
|10|~I'll Follow~
|11|~We're not in Kansas anymore~
|12|~His Rejection ~
|13|~His Rules ~
|14|~She-Wolf in the City~
|15|~The Werewolves Are Coming~
|16|~Hello Cousin~
|17|~Duty Calls~
|18|~Ending Connections~
|19| ~ It's Kill Or Be Killed~
|20| ~Rejection Denied~
|21| ~ Wreckage ~
|22|~The Truth Hurts~
|23|~ Moment 4 for life~
|24|~Let Me In~
|25|~ The Bonds of Autumn~
|26|~Bond Understood ~
|27|~Bound To You ~
|28|~My Favorite Flavor~
|29|~ Teach Me How To Grovel~
|30|~ Cool People and Cool Places~
|31|~ Mr. Groveler Grovels Good~
|32|~ Master of Manipulation~
|33|~Trust Your Instincts~
|34|~Bitch Boy~
|35|~How to torture 101 ~
|36|~Mines ~
|37|~The Bite Fight ~
|38|~The Apology~
|39|~The Dispute ~
|40|~The Chase Down~
|41|~The Golden Chosen~
~Cast Updates & Rambling~
|42|~A Night Full Of Surprises~
|43| ~The Summons~
|44| ~A Day Full Of Sorrow~
|45| ~The Lost Wolf~
|46| ~A Girl Fight ~
|47|~ A Special Touch~
|48|~The Chemicals React ~
|49|~Officially Claimed ~
|50|~Deep Trouble~
|51|~A Worldwide View ~
|52|~ You Are Dead To Me~
|53|~You Are Dead To Me Too~
|54|~You Are My Air ~
|55|~You're Driving!~
|56|~A Midnight Ride ~
|57| ~A Midnight Swim ~
|58| ~An Early Dive ~
|59| ~The Drama Queen ~
|60| ~The Red House ~
|61| ~The Grand Entrance ~
|62| ~The Fairest of All ~
|63| ~ A Time Long Ago~
|64| ~ Happy Never After~
|65| ~A Magical Surprise~
|66| ~ Once Upon A Time ~
|67| ~ A Night to Remember ~
|68| ~ An Important Business Matter ~
|69| ~ The Hunt~
|70| ~Captured By Him~
|71| ~ Neckbreaking Hello's ~
|72| ~Heartbreaking Goodbyes~
|73| ~ Yet Another Important Business Matter~
|74| ~ Dark Night/ Bright Day~
|75| ~ Inner Peace Treaty~
|76| ~ The Pledge To The She-Wolf~
|77| ~The First Casualties of War ~
|78| ~A Series of Unfortuante Events ~
|79| ~War Ready ~
|80| ~Awakened~
|81| ~The Path of Blood~
|82| ~ The Grand Finale, or Not~
|83| ~Deadly Poison~
|84| ~New World Order~
|85| ~ A Whole New World~
|86| ~ Family Reunions ~
|87| ~ Abducted Rainstorms~
|88| ~ There are Consequences for Every Action~
|89| ~ I Declare War~
|90| ~ Til Death Do You Part~
|91| ~ Silent War~
|92| ~ The Art of War~
|94| ~Operation Taking Cyrus Down Pt1~
|95| ~Operation Taking Cyrus Down Pt2~
|96|~ Reinforcement's ~
|97|~The Blood Gathering~
|98| ~The Challenge~
|99|~Pack in Blood~
|100|~The Winner~
~|Epilogue|~
Bonus Chapter ~ The Bucket List ~
Bonus Chapter ~ Heaven Sent ~
Book 3 ~Hunted by the Barbaric Vampire King~
Bonus Chapter ~ The Queen of Heart's~
Bonus Chapter ~ The Vampire King She-Wolf Queen~

|93| ~ Operation Task Force~

3.4K 284 60
By S0NDREENJ

Unedited.
Embrys POV.

Behind these Hazel eyes 👁️  in media

"He did what!" my wolf growls so got darn loud, I swear to Goddess I think the house might come crashing down, and I don't blame her at all. Cyrus has officially crossed all boundaries.

Abigail just officially gave my wolf and me the 4-1-1. She spilled all tea. I know everything, and when I say everything I mean everything. From, how my so-called mate attacked the secret society, captured all of my loved ones, and if that wasn't enough he also nearly drained Speck to the brink of death! Speck, out of all people! Speck, she is family to us. She is family to him.

How could he? The audacity of that man. He has officially lost his marbles! He has lost his ever-lasting mind.

We're done! So, so, so done! That piece of sh-

"Embry, your eyes," Abigail breaks my train of thought. She staring at me with those big and beautiful ocean blue eyes in complete shock. I can hear her heart pounding, nearly jumping out of her chest. My eyelids slam shut as I leap up from off the couch. My wolf is pacing back in forth inside of me. She's pissed, beyond the point of livid. She wants blood.

His blood. She wants our so-called mate head on a platter, sunnyside up.

"How dare he?" lowly growls my wolf, as I begin to pace back in fourth.

Abigail just continues to sit, silently watching us with wide eyes. She begins to play with the heam of her thick, cream oversized cashmere sweater and that's when I realize that we're making her nervous again.

On that note, I attempt to calm my wolf. Now, is not the time to draw attention to her lethal and extremely overprotective vampire beloved. To be quite honest, I'm surprised that he hasn't burst back into the room by now. I'm still in disbelief that the two of them are a pair. It's just way too ironic.

During our conversation, Abigail also informed me all about her mating. Apparently, The Commander was already aware of their pairing. However, he wanted to tie up some loose ends before he could fully be committed to her. So, that's why she wasn't aware. He then valued, to never leave her again. He promised to love and protect her, regardless of her species.

The end. Their love story is so simply sweet.

I'm so happy for her. As a human slave, I'm sure that Abigail has been through hell and back and then some.

She is such a sweet girl. She deserves some happiness to shine light onto her sweet soul.

On the other hand, Cyrus and my love story is a completely different story. It's just freaking hell!

A star-crossed loved doomed from the very beginning. I don't know why I ever thought we could work. He ruined us. Eh. I'm over it! I'm over him.

"I'm over it," I say, after a second. "He has no respect for me, or my wishes," I vent.

"So what are you going to do about," asks Abigail after a while. The absence of my wolf presence must have placed her back at ease. She pops up from the couch and walks over to me. "Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not an expert about how the vampire and beloved bond work, but I do know that vampires will do anything in their power to protect their partner, regardless of how mad they may be," she tells me. "In their eyes, we can do no wrong,"

Yeah, right! "Well, I guess my mate missed that part," I confess. He doesn't love me like that.

"No, that's what he want's you to believe, Embry," she schools me. "It is said that a beloved is ever vampire weakness, especially a vampire King. We have the power to bring them to their knees," she grins. "You just have to learn how to use the power you possess over him, use the bond that you share to gain an advantage," she advises me with a wink.

Oh, Goddess! Abigail isn't as innocent as she appears to be. I can see a hint of good ole malice circling in her ocean eyes.

"You're trouble," I tell her with a sigh. Out of nowhere, my head hurts.

"No correction, Embry," her grin grows wider."We're trouble, double trouble, and it's time to teach your mate what happens when he messes with us."

"Us," I ask her? This girl is crazier than I thought.

Anastasia warned me about her. She told me not to allow Abigail's sweet looks to fool me. This girl
is cocoa, cocoa, cocoa for co-co puffs crazy!

Gosh, I miss Anastasia so much! Abigail also advised that she's safe and sound with her beloved. I can't wait to see her again.

"Yes, us Embry! You're my friend and I don't play about my friend, regardless. I may just be a human but I have connections," Abigail's sweet voice overtrumps the voice inside my head before she heads towards the closet.

Connections?! What does she mean?

I watch Abigail curiously as she grabs two leather jacks, two pairs of knee-high boots, two black knitted scarves, two pairs of leather gloves, and two black knitted hats. Then, she throws me a thick, wool, and black oversized sweater and hands off the other items of clothes.

"First thing first, we have to be ready to survive the cold. You see in this day in time were so underestimated," she goes on to say before putting on a pair of boots that she just grabbed.

Abigail then hands me the second pair."Everyone knows that humans are unable to protect ourselves and most of us tend to stay to ourselves but the smart ones, like myself, are fully aware of the power within bonds," she tells me with a straight face.

I may be taller than Abigail but we're both the same weight. Although I am curvier than her it still doesn't come as any surprise that I can fit her clothes, even though her oversized sweater is just a short sweater on me. I feel kind of naked.

My long legs are very exposed. I try to keep that out of mind as I place the leather jacket on. Although, my wolf isn't complaining.

She feels free! She just loves to be naked.

"What do you mean by saying you have connections," the question comes to mind. "Who do you know, or better yet what human who would dare to go up against my mate, or yours, other than Claire?"

She burst out laughing. "Oh, you'll be surprised she says. "Yes, it is true that the golden hair chosen is known to have more balls than most, and so do her relatives."

"Her relatives," I'm so lost. "What relative? What on heavens earth are you talking about?" I question her.

"Claire relative, her brother in fact," she says like it's no big deal when it is. Everyone knows, that humans are bred in the land of the breeder. In this day of time, humans don't have relatives. They don't have parents or siblings for that matter. It's unheard of.

"But I thought that humans don't know any of their kin," I state out loud as I try on the pair of boots that she handed me. Now, these are too small, but no biggie! I'll rather be bear feet anyway. With that thought, I throw the boots back into her closet.

"We don't," she informs me with a smile. "But as we are all aware by now Claire's situation is uniquely different. She's special," she admits with a shrug. "In fact, she's so special that she has a brother, a twin brother at that, and as I told you before I'm connected."

"Alec and I are like best friends. We grew up together. Alec, myself, and Sam," she whispers out the last name and it's more than evident that it pains her to say her friend's name out loud.

I silently watch Abigail for a long while after that. I feel her pain. I truly do understand how it feels to lose a loved one. It hurts, badly!

"So, where is this Alec?" I change the subject, hating myself for being the one to open up old wounds.

"Oh, he's around," she answers after a while. "And luckily for you, I know exactly where to find him, but I must warn you beforehand. He is his sister's brother," she says with a slight smile.

His sister brother?! "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Exactly how it sounds," she grins. "He is bold, brave, and brilliantly beautiful, extremely beautiful and easy on the eyes! Plus, he's a freakish flirt. You've got to watch out for that one! That's for sure," she fair warns.

"Come, we don't have much time," Abigail grabs my hand. "We've got to get to him and then out of here before Vlad returns. He won't be long so we must go now." Then, she looks at my feet.

"Hold up, wait! You're not going to wear any shoes," Abigail decides to ask with a frowned-up face.

The brother 😍😌

Brave, bold, and brilliantly beautiful!

Abigail's words repeat in my head over and over like a broken record as I walk into the library and take in Alec.

As my hazel eyes come in contact with his abnormally brilliant greens eyes, I recognize him instantly. Once again, his unique green shades shock my soul. He's the extremely good-looking human that I've met a couple of moons ago, running away with the human girl.

What was her name again?

Sarah?

Sage?

Sadie?

"Samantha, Embry! Samantha," my wolf tells me!

Oh, right! Samantha! Hold on, wait! Samantha as in Sam!

"Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!" my wolf tells me dramatically, making me feel stuck on stupid!

"Embry, Alec! Alec, Embry," Abigail introduces the two of us.

"We've met," Alec flashes a panty-melting smirk.

Yes! We have. I would never forget a face like his. No one can! He's perfection when it comes to first impressions and he hasn't changed one bit.

His heart-shaped face, golden sun-kissed hair, and well-toned muscular body are exactly how I remember it to be! Perfection.

Perfection at its finest.

"You have," Abigail's face is upside down as she questions.

"Yes, we have," he speaks on behalf of the both of us. I on the other half am shell-shocked, stuck in place. "I'll never forget a beauty as such," his smirk deepens. I can see his dimples.

Once again, proven just about every supernatural creature wrong who believes that humans are incapable of being better looking than them. I said it once and I'll say it again this human looks better than most werewolves. He is hot.

Smoking!

"How have you been?" Alec suddenly asks as he holds out his hand to greet me.

For the first time, I realize that he smells like honey and lemons. He smells quite similar but also quite different from his sister and now that I think about it. He looks just like her, resembling his drop-dead gorgeous sister in every way!

How could I've ever missed the fact that they are related? That resemblance is so clear! Crystal.

"Embry! Embry! Hello, Embry, are you there?" Abigail brings me back to earth as she waves her hand in front of my face.

Oh, my goddess! How embarrassing I think to myself as I hold out my hand to greet him back. "I've been great," I tell him, eager to get their eyes off me, or more like his eyes off me.

I can't look at this Adonis of a man! I just can't.

"Nice legs, by the way," he whistles, making my face catch on fire but before I have a chance to even soak in embarrassment an extremely annoying and high-pitched voice hit's my ear.

"Alec! Why are you talking to the help?" says the unidentified party from behind us.

My wolf and I lift our heads up to take in the new scent. As soon as my wolf gets a single whiff of her, she wants blood. It's not someone that I know. Although, her natural flowery scent is blended with a scent that I know very well and I swear to Goddess that it takes every ounce of self-control to prevent my wolf from pouncing.

Abigail must have noticed my sudden inner struggle because she looks at me and silently mouths the words, "Calm down!"

With that thought, I take a deep breath, managing to get my wolf under control. Soon, a beautiful human in a stylish, short, tight, red leather dress come into view. There are a thousand fang marks tattooed on her flawless legs that stop directly in front of her crotch. Her long chocolate brown hair falls into bouncy curls down her back.

She stops directly in front of Alex and me with a practiced pose, making sure that we all can see the fangs marks placed directly on her pearl, classless. This woman is trash.

I watch her silently as she places her hand onto her hip and her penetrating green eyes study every inch of my body as well. It is obvious that she's searching for a single flaw, trying her hardest to identify any insecurity.

"This is the look of perfection bitch," my wolf growls inside my head. I can't help but smile.

Once done, her gaze dismisses me as unimportant and then locks on to her next target, Alec.

"Apparently, she wants him to beat her treasure box up," says my wolf. "Slut,"

Instead, of responding to my wolf I just take a step back, allowing her to get full access to her man. To be quite honest, I don't care what she wants from him, or any other man in this universe for that matter as long as she stays far, far, far away from my man. We're good.

"Jasmine, this is Abigail," says Alec. "We go way back, and this is Embry."

"Queen Embry," Abigail interrupts.

"She's the Ruthless King beloved, which is the complete opposite of what did you called her again, or right? The help," she just has to add with some amusement in her voice.

Jasmine's eyebrows rise in surprise."Oh," she says, and just like that her confidence drop. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Alec's eyebrows also raise in surprise for just a second but he's back to normal before any human eye can detect his dismay.

Quicker than a human can say I do, his lips form back into that panty-melting smile of his.

On the other hand, Jasmine is too late. We can all see the word shock drench her pretty little face. Her eyes enlarge for a long while before she attempts to compose herself. The way that she failed to hide her immediate reaction is actually quite hilarious if you ask me.

Can you say (The wolf got your tongue) because it does?

Alec begins to talk about something else, quickly attempting to change the subject as I place my eyes on Abigail, who is currently giving me several mental high fives. She's not even trying to hide her malicious intent with her usual innocent expression.

Nope, she knew exactly what she was doing and loved every second of it.

"So, what did you need my help with?"I finally place my attention back onto Alec's voice. "You said it was quite important,"

"It is," Abigail answers with an overly sweet smile. "And I tell you all the detail as soon as you dismiss the help," she huffs causing Jasmine to frown.

To her own defense, Jasmine just flips her hair and says, "Yeah, it's cool. I have to go check on the commander anyway. It's time for dinner and everyone knows that I'm his favorite meal."

"This bitch," my wolf growls as soon as she finishes. As I place my undivided attention onto Abigial, ready to come to her defense if need be. However, I quickly realize that Abigail can handle herself.

Instead, of overreacting or acting like a jealous beloved she just flashes her usual innocent smile.

Then she says, "Apparently, you are every vampire in this Kingdom favorite meal. So how about you go do what you do best. Run along, go be the help," she dismisses Jasmine before placing her attention back onto Alec and me.

Jasmine just huffs but either way, she does exactly what Abigail tells her to do.

She runs along, walking out of the room without another word.

"Now, that's how you check a bitch," laughs my wolf inside of my head. Once, again causing me to form a genuine smile.

"So!" Abigail gets straight to business. "A little birdie told me that you arrived with the Ruthless King a few days ago, is that true?" She places Alec on the hot seat.

"Yup," he answers popping the P.

"Claire requested that Cyrus took me under his care. I think she was trying to provide space for me and her crazy-ass beloved. I can't believe that she's paired with him out of all creatures in this universe," he rambles on.

"She is so luckily right," Abigail adds her opinion. "Now the real kicker is that the two of you are actually siblings, like real siblings. It's just so unbelievable."

"Guy's," I decide it's time to interrupt. "I think we're going off-topic,"

"Right," Abigial grins at us."So, back to Operation Task Force," Operation Task Force? Abigail has the best come back's ever, I swear to Goddess herself! "Vlad informed me about every single detail that went down when you guys arrived. I haven't really had a chance to snoop around the slave quarters to find out exactly where the dungeons are, but I'm sure you are aware," she says to Alec.

"Of course, I am," he snorts. "Jasmine and I were just there early. That's her favorite place to go down!"

Hold, on! What?

"TMI, Alec. TMI," Abigail stops him from explaining what we already know. "Anywho, do you mind taking us there," she asks him.

Not even a second, can pass before he flashes that panty-melting smile and says, "I'm down."

********

It's chilly and the stench of death floats freely in the air. It's dark too. It is way too dark, especially for Abigail and Alec. The two of them bump into me every chance we get. Alec led us halfway here. Now, they are depending on my superior senses to get us all the way there, which is absolutely ridiculous if you ask me. I've never been here in my life.

Either way, I allow my advanced senses to lead the way.

We're careful not to make a sound and my wolf is on high alert just in case. She's listening and watching for any other movement.

First, we go down a very long staircase and then make a couple of twists and turns. About several minutes later, we run into a bright red door that leads to some sort of tunnel. After a while, the tunnel becomes some narrow that it fits one person at a time.

That's when we stumble upon a heavily guarded door, or at least It appears to be at first glance.

However, both of the guards are knocked out like a light switch. So, we take the opportunity to pass them. Always, remembering to be very quiet in the process.

As soon as we step in the masculine scent of the earthy rain-soaked pine and fresh patchouli enters my nostrils. "Dad," my wolf starts but Alec's hands fly over the top of my mouth.

"Shhh," he whispers before pointing towards two very starkly and mean-looking vampires.

That's when I notice that my dad is down bad, beating to the brink of death. The strong disgusting scent of wolfbane clings to his body like a second skin as well. From my parallel vision, I see the whole gang in chains. My brother Ruq, Marko, Speck, Gutter Butter, Celine, and even my furry little friend are also present. All of them are a wreck! Bruised and bloody.

The Goddess's wrath burns fire down my spine and drips vengeance into my brain as I take in my loved one dreadful state.

"Your time is up, Wilde wolf," gloats the vampire. "Light's out," he places a gun to my father's head and that's all it takes for my wolf to officially snap.

Quicker than his heart can beat, I zoom behind him and then waste no time ripping his organ out of his chest. The gun drops to the floor along with his bloody heart.

Before, the other vampire could react I take a fist full of his hair.

My claws dig deeper than deep into his skin and then in the next second my sharp canine sinks deeper than deep into his throat. His tendons and cartilage grind in between my jaws. The degusting metallic taste of his blood stains my mouth. I can feel his voice box vibrating against my tongue.

He tries with all his might to rip me off him, but I'm a lot stronger.

Once, ready I snatch my canines from out his throat and his head goes flying into the stone wall.

"Embry, watch your back," cries out Speck, I think but I'm too in my zone.

As on cue, I step to the side, dodging my attacker just in time and then grabbing on to his wrist. Refusing to waste another second, swinging my unidentified target over my shoulder but most importantly high in the air.

"No, Embry don't," pleads Abagail as my target back hits the stone-cold floor with a loud thud.

This is when I realize exactly who my attacker is. It's commander Vlad.

Before he could jump to his feet, I slam my fist into the side of his head, knocking him out cold.

"No, Embry, No!" Cries out Abigial, running to the side of her beloved.

"Calm down," Alec comes to my defense. "She just put the commander out for a second. He'll be just fine," Alec promises her while running to her side.

Thank Goddess, I don't have the time to deal with it. My father has my undivided attention as I rush over towards his cell.

Before, I reach him my wolf detects a buzzing noise from off the ground. Ignoring it for just a second, just to be caught off guard by it again.

"What is that," my wolf roars at Abigail as we notice that the sound is coming from her hands. Awe poor baby, she's shaking I calm my wolf.

I take a second to myself, just to get a grip on things. Abigail is my friend. She doesn't deserve my wrath.

"Abigail, he will be just fine," I promise. "I'll never do anything to hurt you, or your mate," I speak the truth. "I apologize."

My words must have knocked some sense into her because she wipes her tears. "Here, it's Vlad's phone." She hands me a funny-looking device with her picture on it. Her hands are shaky. "He uses it to communicate with the kings," she tells me.

As soon as the words leave her mouth I notice the name King Cyrus underneath the title missed call.

I tap the screen and the device begins to ring. Seconds later, I hear my mate's voice spit. "What the fuck did she do now?"

"Who the hell are you referring to?" I furiously spit back.

Silence! Silence! There's an audible pause.

I cast my eyes to once again take in my loved ones.  At this point, Alec has already found a key and began to help each and every one of them out of their cells. My heart breaks with every passing second. He did this. He did this to them.

"Embry, what's going on," my mate's voice, bounces through the device. "You-,"

"You've got before the sunset to make it here or you will never lay eyes on me ever, again," I cut him off.

Before he could respond I throw whatever the heck you want to call this thing into the stone wall.

This officially takes the cake. Enough is enough.

Tonight is the night that I put my mate in his place once and for all.
Awake update as promised.

Hey, love buys, as promised here is your update if you would like to read a chapter ahead please head over to Inkitt. My next update shall be WednesdayLove you, see you all next week. Have a  great weekend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 9.8K 7
Forget what you know about the fairytales of werewolves. There's no such thing as a moon goddess, there's no such thing as mates. Wolves are animals...
3K 220 47
Have you ever just look up to the sky and ask the Moon Goddess "Why?" I have. I do it every single night for the past four years. I don't know if I...
1.1M 41.4K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
17.6K 562 32
"I'm sorry Luna," I said, with the little bit of respect I could muster and slightly bowed my head. "But I can't simply forgive you. You're still thi...