Their little star

By RyuuLu

If there is one thing Skye is sure about, the one thing she has come to learn, is that there are people out t... More

Melinda
Melinda
Maria
Phil
Phil
Victoria
Natasha
Maria
Skye
Skye
Skye
Maria
Skye
Skye
Natasha
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Maria
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Victoria
Skye
Jemma
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Jemma
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Bonus Chapter
Skye
Pepper
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Melinda
Skye
Jemma

Skye

384 16 0
By RyuuLu

She can feel how the worry is growing for every second she watches the video in front of her. She has never been one to bite her nails when being worried, but in this very moment, she is quiet tempted too. Knowing it would just create a much worse problem in the future if she starts now, she turns around in her van, pulling out an old box. Digging through it, she finds the object she is looking for. Grabbing hold of the old Mushu plushie, she hugs it tightly towards her.

Feeling the comfort from hugging the old toy, she lifts her eyes to the computer screen once more, watching the battle that is happening in this moment. Watching how her older siblings are fighting the aliens that are trying to invade the earth, she worries more than she has ever done. She grow use to having Natasha and Clint out on missions since she moved in with them, Maria or Victoria was always around to keep her company and then also Gwen. And then there is the fact that she created a backdoor into S.H.I.E.L.D so she can keep an eye on the two of them when no one would tell her anything.

Hearing the side door open, she moves her head. Seeing who it is, she stays calm. Seeing Gwen enter the vehicle, closing the door behind her. Seeing how Gwen looks at the dragon plushie, she lifts one eyebrow, but Skye is happy that her oldest and only friend doesn't question her decision about hugging a plushie in this moment. Gwen places herself beside her, not saying a word, not that the mini-spider needs say anything to give her support anymore.

Seeing how Iron Man flies towards the wormhole, holding onto the rocket, Skye starts to wonder what she will have to do next. Her eyes turns from screen and down towards the plushie, taking in a few deep breath, she tries to calm herself down. Natasha and Clint are safe, they are fine, they might be hurt, but they are alive and well and right now, that's all she cares about. Hearing the roar coming from the screen, Skye looks up to see that Iron Man had fallen back to earth once more.

Closing her eyes, Skye pulls her plushie closer to herself and closes her eyes. Repeating in her head that they are safe, they are fine, they are alive. It's not until a few minutes later that she realises something else and her eyes grows big in worry again. Placing the Mushu plushie beside the laptop, she turns of the video and starts working, getting into S.H.I.E.L.D through her backdoor.

"What are you doing?"

She hear Gwen ask and she can feel how her friend moves slightly so she can look over her shoulder.

"I need to make sure Ria is safe and sound too, because if Tasha and Bird Brain is in New York dealing with this, so is she."

She explains and Gwen nods her head, understanding this part well. Going through the list of agents that was part of this mission, her eyes lands on two names. The first one she finds is Maria's since that's the name she has been actively looking for. The second name on the other hand surprised her and seeing what is written, her blood runs cold. Falling into a state of complete chock, Skye tries to prosses what she has just read. Reaching out for the Mushu plushie once more, she realises how shaky her hand is as she takes it.

"Skye?"

Hearing Gwen speak her name somehow managed to pull her back into reality. Double checking the list one more time, she comes to a decision. Closing the laptop, she pulls out her second phone as she places Mushu back into the box once more.

"Do you want to come with me or are you going to stay here?"

She asks Gwen, not looking away from her phone as she is working.

"Oh, you are scarring me right now so I'm coming. Your siblings will kill me of you end up doing something stupid and I'm not there to at least even try to stop you."

Gwen informs her and Skye rolls her eye es at this. She knows her siblings won't try and kill Gwen, they have grown attached to her too after all. But she do know that they will be angry that she isn't there to have her back if Skye would decide to do something stupid. This plan on the other hand isn't a stupid one at least, not for the main part at least.

Finally getting what she was working on to work, she leaves takes the driver seat, nodding her head towards the passenger seat to tell Gwen to take it. She doesn't have to wait long before the other girl sits down beside her. Turning on the van, she starts driving. Knowing what she is about to do could be counted as a huge risk, but she can't just sit around and wait for her siblings to be allowed back home to learn the truth of what have really gone down this day.

Seeing how Gwen decides it's for the best to hold onto something, Skye realises she's driving just like Natasha in this moment. Speeding down the roads and onto the highway. She doesn't care either, she knows fully well that the police has to much on their hands with what have just gone down in New York, a speeding van is the least of their problems right now. And besides, she has Ghost Spider sitting beside her, Gwen would act as a distraction in a heartbeat if Skye asked that of her.

"I get a feeling I'm going to regret asking this but, where exactly are we headed?"

Gwen asks once Skye takes a turn into New York, glancing towards her phone to see where Natasha and Clint are thanks to a find my friend apps neither Natasha or Clint knows are on their phones, for reasons of course.

"A Shawarma place apparently."

She tells the other girl and Skye can't help but to wonder why on earth they would be at a Shawarma place at a time like this. Realising they won't be able to park anywhere close to the place do to the town closed down, Skye parks the van and leaves it. Closing the door behind her, she takes a look at the phone once more to see where they are headed.

"This way."

She tells Gwen when she hears how she closes the door to the passenger seat. Waiting for Gwen to join her side, they start to walk down the destroyed rode's that is New York. As they walk, Skye takes in the destructions around her, the aliens, her siblings and the rest of the heroes had done to the city. Her eyes soon lands on the building her phone tells her Natasha and Clint are in. Coming to a stop outside of the building, she starts to second guess if this is a good idea. Taking a deep breath, she steady her nerves and pushes the door open.

The small restaurant was empty said for the worlds new six heroes sitting around one table. She knew very well that Natasha and Clint is fine, but to see it with her own two eyes makes her relax slightly and that's when things goes downhill. As Gwen also enters the restaurant, the Avengers turn their heads to look at the two of them and Skye can feel how tears are starting to fall.

Through foggy eyes, she sees how Natasha is out of her chair within seconds, throwing herself through the room and pulling her into a tight hug. She tries hard to keep herself together, but everything that has been going on today makes it hard.

"Please tell me it isn't true, please tell me he isn't..."

She somehow managed to get out, her voice completely broken as she speaks and she tries to calm herself down enough. Feeling how Natasha rubs circles on her back, she somehow managed to calm down slightly, the tears are still falling however.

"Who is that, and since when does the Agent Romanoff show emotions?"

She can hear Tony Stark ask, if things had been different, Skye would be quite happy to meet the man, even if she would keep her distance.

"Don't bother Stark."

Clint speaks up and Skye can soon feel his hand on her shoulder, managing to turn her head away from Natasha to look at him, she let's her sister go only to throw herself into Clint's open arms. She had read what happened to him during this mission and she knows fully well when things finally calms down, he will blame himself for everything that has gone down.

"What happened?"

She hears Natasha ask, not her but the girl standing in the door and Skye feels slightly sorry for Gwen. She does know that the mini-spider is able to handle the older one.

"I saw on the news that the two of you are out there fighting, worried about you two and her, I headed for her van. Found her hugging Mushu tightly."

Hearing Gwen mention her plushie and feeling how Clint laugh silently at this, she hits him lightly.

"When she realises the two of you are alive and well, she used her back door into the organisation to make sure Ria is alright, figuring out that if you two were part of this then..."

"Maria would be there too."

Natasha finishes the explanation, a hollow tone to her voice and Skye knows now that Natasha has figured out what has happened, and she can feel how Natasha placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Okay, I'm not the only one confused about all of this right?"

She can hear Stark ask and as she moves her head slightly so she can see the Avengers, their eyes on them and confusion in their eyes about what is going on. Before either Natasha or Clint has a chance to make a comment, they hear a scream from behind them. Finally letting go of Clint, Skye turns her head to see Gwen looking very guilty.

"I am so sorry! But you should know better than sneaking around me."

She says, a worried look on her face and Skye can hear how Clint starts to laugh beside her. Turning her head, Skye's eyes lands on Maria, how has been thrown towards the building on the other side of the road, her arms locked to the building with spiderweb.

"Gwendolyn Stacy!"

Maria says and Skye can hear the anger in her sister's voice, seeing the kicked puppy look Gwen shows and how Clint starts to laugh even more, she rolls her eyes. Turning her head towards Natasha, she can see how the red-haired rolls her eyes before she walks out of the building to help Maria.

"Gwen, you are a miracle worker!"

Clint comments and Skye hits him, before she turns her attention back to Maria and Natasha once more. Once Maria is free from the web, she starts to walk towards the building once more, sending Gwen an angry glare before pulling Skye into a tight hug.

"Okay, that is it! I want information, what is going on here..."

Skye hears Stark asking once more, this time around she tries to ignore him.

"And how did you do that? Because that was awesome, and we could have needed something like that earlier."

He adds and Skye knows fully well that he is pointing towards Gwen, which makes her freeze up in Maria's arms. Knowing how worried she had been when seeing Natasha and Clint on her laptop screen, knowing the worry feeling about not knowing what state Maria was in and then finally finding the report that Phil Coulson, the man she had come to see as a father figure has been killed during all of this, she can't imagine going through even more of that stress and fear knowing that Gwen would have been in the middle of it all.

"I don't think this is a conversation we should be having out in the open."

Natasha points out and she can feel Maria nod her head.

"We can't really have this conversation in a S.H.I.E.L.D base either."

She adds and Skye let's out a heavy sigh, knowing exactly where they can go, and will need to go for this.

"The apartment."

She says in a low voice, she can feel how Maria looks down at her, knowing that she is the only one that could hear her.

"Your right."

"What?"

"She said the apartment."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 67 10
Y/N Griffin Is a very skilled shield agent ,with a troubled past, she is recruited by Phil coulson for his team. on the team she will become close wi...
10.4K 293 31
When Coulson informs them that their next O-8-4 mission is going to be along side another secret organisation, Skye knows her life is in danger. Even...
39.4K 946 22
"I stopped sipping my tea and looked at him in a way of saying you have my full attention. "When you weren't there," He started "it was like the pod...
535 13 6
Natasha Romanoff, Maria Hill, Wanda Maximoff and Daisy Johnson. In Greek mythology it is said that humans used to roam Gaia with two faces, four arms...