Notes with a smile on it // d...

By keepercheese

Georges's life hasn't always been sunshine and rainbows. Divorced parents, bullies, losing friends, and more... More

Info
Chapter 1: Nightmares
Chapter 2: Bullies
Chapter 3: Confrontations
Chapter 4: Unintended
Chapter 5: Punished
Chapter 6: Not Found
Chapter 7: Detention
Chapter 9: Another Day
Chapter 10: Last straw
Chapter 11: Shattered glass
Chapter 12: The Truth
Chapter 13: Solved
Chapter 14: Stepping into the Closet
Chapter 15: New Number
Chapter 16: Repairing
Chapter 17: The Forgotten
Chapter 18: Unfamilliar
Chapter 19: Round 2
Chapter 20: Second Attempt
Chapter 21: Snapchatting
Chapter 22: Labels?
Chapter 23: Opinions
Chapter 24: Unanswered
Chapter 25: Darksides
Chapter 26: Party - part 1
Chapter 27: Party - part 2
Chapter 28: Party - part 3
Chapter 29: Afterthoughts
Update
Chapter 30: Reminder
Chapter 31: The discovery
Chapter 32: Tension
Chapter 33: Dinner
Chapter 34: Almost there
Chapter 35: Talking

Chapter 8: Why

1.5K 44 44
By keepercheese

George POV:

My sister and I got back home and we decided that we'd watch some TV, before I had to leave. After an hour of it, we got bored. 

Mya left to do homework in her room.

I heard the notification noise from my phone that was on the counter and got up to go check. I assumed it was Dream, it was.

Stupid person 

Hey 

So do you want me to pick you up or are you gonna drive?

Do you want to come pick me up I don't feel like driving

Yeah sure

I'll be there in 10 minutes

Cya then :)

See ya

I still was kind of unsure how I felt about my project with Dream. My mind kept switching between hating him for what he did and wanting to give him a chance. Our conversations today didn't help either.

He seemed to want to repair our friendship, but it seems different than before. The way he spoke was as if nothing happened before but at the same time, he wanted to bring it up and resolve it.

Either way, I still have to do the project with him, the school is very strict on academic rules and projects, yet they never seem to notice the bullies parading around the school. 

I wasn't sure how our studying is gonna go, I just hope it's not too awkward.

As I looked around the kitchen, I remembered the note. Turning to the stairs, I hear the doorbell go off.

"Come in, it's unlocked!"

The door opened and Dream peaked his head through the crack of the door.

Dream had on a hoodie that I think is lime green with a black smiley face and black jeans. 

"I could've been a robber, you know?"

He said slyly

"Whatever"

I said shrugging it off

"I knew it was you"

"Sure you did" 

he replied jokingly

"Well, do you wanna get going before it's too late"

"Uh sure, just let me go grab my thing from my room. You can come in, no need to wait outside"

"Yeah, sure"

I ran up the stairs and went to my room. My door closed behind me and I walked over to my shelf. Looking for my box that had the other note in it. Steps could be heard going down the hall from inside my room. It was probably Mya wondering who was at the door.

I hadn't told my sister that I was going to Dreams house. She only knew that I had a project that needed to be done. When I told everything that happened, I may have skipped over the part where he was my partner.

 also, Mya said that she may have a very strong disliking of Dream at the moment. An interaction between them right now might not be very good.

I ran out my door to stop her before, she saw it was Dream, I did want to hear her yell at him and possibly make the situation much worse than it already is.

"MYA"

She turned around and gave me a confused look.

"Yeah"

"What are you doing"

"I was going to see who was at the door,"

"Oh, don't worry about that. They left"

"Really who was it"

"No one, just some door-to-door salesman."

"Okay then. I guess I'll go get some food"

"NO"

I said way too quickly

"Why not"

"Ummmmmm... We don't have any good snacks. So, if you finish the rest of your homework I might bring back some."

I hesitated a little bit at first.

"Okay..."

She said suspiciously as she turned to go back into her room.

Her door closed and I sighed in relief. I'm glad I avoided that, even if it was just by a hair.

I quickly grabbed the rest of my stuff for the project in my room and ran down the stairs to see Dream leaning against the door with a cheeky smile on his face. 

"That was definitely not suspicious"

He said sarcastically, 

"Shut up, I doubt you could've come up with something better"

"Are you sure about that?"

He replied jokingly

"No, but still"

I murmured, just barely audible and he heard it because he chuckled

"Let's just get going"

We both walked out of the house and got into his car and he pulled out of my neighborhood.

The drive to his house was very silent and awkward, it seemed that neither of us knew what to say.

We got to his house and we walked inside, Drista was in the kitchen getting snacks. She turned around to greet her brother when she saw me. 

"George? is that you?"

I shrugged, not knowing what to say. She smiled and ran over. Drista gave me a hug and I returned it.

When Dream and I were best friends, I'd come over to his house all the time. There were times where me and Drista would play pranks on him or just tease him. She and George were close, then it went sideways when Dream and George stopped talking.

Drista pulled out of the hug and playfully punched his arm.

"Where have you been I haven't seen you in 2 years. Then Dream over there decided not to tell me why you disappeared"

"Oh, I've-Umm... Just you know been around"

"Yeah sure, I gotta go now. And please come back, I missed you and the pranks we pulled"

Dream cut in.

"HEY!, no. No. No more pranks you two"

I did a little hand motion to tell her to text me later and she repeated the gesture back. I looked back at Dream, who was glaring at me.

"What"

"I am not blind you know"

"I know"

I replied with a wink.

Why did I wink, I have no clue. But, I regret doing just as I did it. I Just want to do the project, so I can be over with it. Then if Dream still wants to talk to me then, he can. I just don't want to deal with it right now.

Geez, I am so indecisive  

No one said anything after that and we went up to his room.

His room looked very similar to what it did 2 years ago. The bed was in the far corner against the wall and his PC opposite of it in the other corner with a window in between. The carpets were messy with laundry and other random things. There was the same bookshelf in his room filled with books he'd never read.

The one thing that was different was that there were some boxes under his bed, I wasn't sure what they were. You'd think they'd be storage, but if Dream is still the same. He'd probably just keep them on the floor.

It was probably something personal, so I didn't ask. He did notice me looking around the room though.

"Looks almost exactly the same, right?"

"Yeah"

I nodded walking over to his bed and sitting down. I put my stuff in front of me and grabbed the things I needed to do our project.

"So, which part do you wanna do? A or B?"

" I don't care, you choose."

"I'll do A"

"Alright, let's get to work then,"

We sat on Dreams bed do the project for an hour when we both got snaky. We were working in silence, so I was thankful for the break. It was kinda tense in the room.

"I'm gonna get some snacks do you want some"

"Uhhh, sure. What do you have?'

"Don't know, you should come see what we have?"

We got downstairs and I went over to the pantry to see what was in it. In the pantry on the top shelf, there were crisps or otherwise known as chips. Then due to my shortness, which I will never admit. I couldn't reach them, I sighed cursing off my height.

 Dream must have seen me trying to get them because he came up behind me and reached over my head to grab them. What he didn't realize was that he was pushed up against my back when he reached over me. This made my cheeks burn a little.

He then turned and left as that didn't happen, I mean he probably didn't realize it did. But, I definitely did. 

We just got our snacks and went back up to his room to continue the project.

He must have noticed my slightly red cheeks.

"You good?"

He said with a smirk.

"Yes, shut up"

I replied quickly.

He didn't say anything after that we just sat.

We were still working in silence, my mind kept going back to today in detention. I was still very confused about it all. Out of know where Dream started being nice to me again. I was trying to come up with reasons, but none of them made sense.

Thought and memories became too much, so  I spoke up.

"So, Dream. What happened today?"

Dream looked at me for a second giving me a questioning look.

"I punched Schlatt, you were literally there. You witnessed it."

"No, I mean why did you it."

"What do you mean why he insulted you. That's why"

"Why not other times"

He frowned, but I needed an answer. I couldn't let my mind keep debating the different possibilities of this situation.

"I- I had a set of rules that they broke"

"That doesn't explain why you bothered me in the first place"

Dream looked incredibly guilty, he looked as if he was replaying memories of these times and past traumas in his head over and over again. He went from casually chatter to instant stuttering.

"I-I'm s-sorry, I-I jus-"

I couldn't sit there watching him stutter, so cut him off. He was kinda pissing me off, I just want a reason for why he yelled at me. I kinda already put together into the fell into the wrong crowd, but that doesn't explain what happened before. That's the one I needed to find out and I didn't want to leave till I did.

I cut him off mid-sentence by yelling

"DREAM, shut up."

He looked up, keeping eye contact with me.

"Look, I just wanna know what happened"

From his look I knew that he knew what I meant, he looked down avoiding eye contact with me. It was silent, I sat there waiting for an answer. Then when I didn't get one, I grabbed my things of his bed. I got up and went over to the door, I rested my hand on the door and turned around.

"Dream, I'm leaving."

He still didn't say anything, he just sat on his bed staring at hands in his lap.

I scoffed at his nonexistent response.

"Well, we still need to work on the project, so I'll come over after your football practice tomorrow"

With that I left, Drista was in the kitchen. She smiled and waved, then I did too.

I had to walk back home since Dream was the one who picked me up. it wasn't that bad. It's not too far.

When I got home it was almost 8, Mya was on the couch watching something on Netflix. I walked past her and up to my room. It was still only me and her, my mom gets home at 9. When she does she'll usually come to say good night then go to sleep.

My room was pretty clean there were some things on the floor, but other than that it was good. I dropped my stuff on the floor not wanting to deal with it and I face-planted on my bed.

I flipped over and just watched the ceiling fan spin, I sat there for good 5 minutes till I finally had the motivation to get up. I probably should text Sapnap to keep him updated, but really don't feel like it. So I didn't, I just put on my PJs and played random stupid games on my phone.

Eventually, my mom got home and came in and said goodnight. She hugged me and left, Mya followed behind her, but she didn't hug me. She knows I don't like being touched. I went back to playing games after they left.

Realizing it was getting I checked my clock and it was close to 11, I needed some sleep. So, I put my phone down to get some sleep.

I don't get it. My mind was blank before, but now that I am trying to sleep it won't shut up.

It kept analyzing all the events, facial expressions, and words that I witnessed. With each different thought came a different emotion. From the glee, the little note gave me to the aggravating silence at Dreams house.

I was there until 1 in the morning

'Great another sleepless night'

I thought, I sighed staring at the darkness of my ceiling.

I drifted to sleep eventually, but something was off. I couldn't pinpoint it.

I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach as I fell into another sleepless slumber.

______________________________

It's finally done!

My plan was to have a chapter every 2-3 days, but I've been busy.

So, that didn't happen 

...

Enjoy :) 

- Keeper

Word Count: 2212

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.6K 3.1K 52
"๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก, ๐๐š๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง ๐›๐จ๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ, ๐ˆ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐€๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž" ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Caitlin Clark fa...
137K 6.3K 36
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
413K 24.9K 84
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
926K 21.3K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.