Their little star

By RyuuLu

If there is one thing Skye is sure about, the one thing she has come to learn, is that there are people out t... More

Melinda
Melinda
Maria
Phil
Phil
Victoria
Natasha
Maria
Skye
Skye
Skye
Maria
Skye
Skye
Natasha
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Maria
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Victoria
Skye
Jemma
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Jemma
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Bonus Chapter
Skye
Pepper
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Melinda
Skye
Jemma
Skye

Skye

441 17 0
By RyuuLu

"Oh, you guys have such a big problem on your hands."

Skye speaks the moment she hears Maria pick up the call and she can see how her sister is rolling her eyes at this.

"Well, hello to you too and what did the two of you do this time?"

Maria replies and Skye can hear how Gwen starts laughing beside her, rolling her own eyes, she turns to her best friend and roommate.

"You do realise when she says two, she means you too right?"

Skye asks, making Gwen stop laughing just as fast as she had begun. Smiling slightly, Skye turns her attention back to the laptop sitting in front of her, eyes going over what she has just found.

"For once, Gwen and I are innocent. At least until proven guilty I guess."

She tells her sister, knowing that the last part will make her smile.

"Alright, so what kind of problem do I need to deal with later tonight then? Is it Gwen's father again?"

Maria asks and Skye can hear that she sounds tired when she mentions Captain Stacy. Ever since they learned about Gwen being Ghost Spider and everything that happened at her Senior pram, things have been slightly tense with him. They have been trying to keep it natural since he is still being kept in the dark when it comes to what his daughter is, but when Gwen decided that she rather stay with them and then later when the two of them decided to get their own place two years ago, things had taken a turn for the worst.

"Oh, we aren't the once with the problem here Ria, S.H.I.E.L.D is."

Skye says and she can hear how a pen drops on the other end of the call.

"What? Alright, you will need to take this from the beginning."

Maria speaks up and Skye can hear how she is moving now, probably to find a spot where she is alone, and no one can disturb or hear what she is talking about.

"Someone is trying to hack their way into S.H.I.E.L.D."

"Skye, I need you to clearer about this. And how do you even know about this?"

Skye rolls her eyes, and she can see how Gwen grins.

"Told you."

The blond and pink haired girl tells her, and Skye reaches out and hits her.

"Fine, a couple of hears back, I managed to hack into S.H.I.E.L.D..."

She starts to explain.

"You did what!"

Maria calls out however, interrupting her explanation and makes Skye roll her eyes. She knew this was going to be the reaction and it's the reason as to why she hasn't told her siblings or aunt this part.

"It was a child's play, you really need to find someone better to do the security, or well... I guess sense these hackers haven't managed to get in yet I'm just too good."

Skye tells her, only to end up slightly side-tracked in her mind. Feeling how Gwen hits her shoulder, Skye shakes her head back in order.

"How do you even know there are people trying to hack into S.H.I.E.L.D, or even better, why did you do it in the first place?"

"Well, I needed some way to keep an eye on Bird Brain and Tasha when they are out on a mission. And since you or Auntie wants to tell me what is going on, I had to find another way. But don't worry, I didn't hack in this time around, I haven't in a since that first time because I made sure to create a back door for myself so that I can access all of S.H.I.E.L.D's files and what not."

"You what!"

"Oh, don't worry. I only use it to keep an eye on Clint and Tasha. Now, can we get back to the problem at hand? The problem that is a group of hackers are trying to get into S.H.I.E.L.D system as we speak?"

"For some reason I think this is a conversation we really need to have face to face Skye."

Letting out a heavy sigh, Skye let's her head fall back. It's because of that reason that she had decided that calling Maria would just be so much easier. She should have known that Maria will force a meeting. Hearing a knock on the door, she and Gwen looks at one another, neither of them prepared that someone would be showing up in that moment.

"Are you two expecting someone?"

They hear Maria asks and Skye nods her head towards the door in a signal that Gwen should go and open it. Seeing that Gwen is about to object, Skye points towards her phone and the superhero let's out a sigh before rising from the couch.

"No, Gwen is going to see who it is."

Skye replies, happy that she sent the one in the apartment that can best protect herself and Skye if its someone crazy. Hearing how Gwen let's out an annoyed sound, Skye lifts one eyebrow and looks towards the hallway. Seeing how Gwen enters the living room once more, her eyes is slightly narrowed, and she steps to the side and Skye can feel how her eyes grows large at the sight in front of her.

"Well, what are the odds that you would come and see us when I'm on the phone with Ria about a hacker problem at S.H.I.E.L.D aunt Vick."

She speaks, she would never have expected to see Victoria Hand enter hers and Gwen's apartment, apparently not in a moment like this.

"What did you just say?"

Is the respond she gets from Victoria and the older agent narrows her eyes as she looks at Skye, making her regret that she had mention the hacker problem once more.

"Good, then you can take Agent Hand with you to the old apartment."

Maria speaks up once more and Skye rolls her eyes, knowing now that there is no way she can get out of it. Seeing the serious look in Victoria's eyes, Skye can tell that the moment she ends the call with Maria, they would be heading for the old apartment.

"Could we just..."

She starts to say, hopping beyond anything that she can try and get out of this.

"No."

Maria and Victoria respond at the same time and Skye rolls her eyes. If it wasn't for the fact that her siblings, aunt and the two people has had grown to see as parent figures are all deep within the organisation, Skye would just let this hacker group keep doing what they are doing. But since her family is part of it and this is the organisation that is making sure to keep her best friend safe from her own father, she must help them.

"Fine, I'll see you later Ria."

Skye says, finally giving up. There is no backing out of this now. Ending the call before Maria has a chance to say anything, Skye turns her attention towards Gwen who shrugs.

"I tried to tell you this would be the outcome."

She says, making Skye roll her eyes.

"Oh, shut it mini-Spider."

She comments, making Gwen blow raspberry at her. Turning her attention towards Victoria, she can see how the older agent just lifts one eyebrow at it all and Skye let's out a sigh. Rising from the couch, she closes the laptop for now, knowing she will need to take it with her when she heads for the old apartment.

"Just, let us get our jackets and then we can head out."

Skye tells her aunt who nods her head only to see how she turns and heads for the front door once more. With another deep breath, Skye and Gwen heads for their separate bedrooms. Opening her closet, Skye digs through the stuff she has in it and finally finds a good enough bag to put her laptop in before looking for the leather jacket Natasha had given her a while back. Finding it and putting it on, she heads for the front door, only to realise that Gwen had somehow managed to be faster than her for the first time.

The ride to the old apartment building was a silent one, as she looks towards Victoria, she knows very well that the older agent has a lot of questions she wishes to ask. But she also knows when to keep quiet and Skye knows very well that once Maria joins, she will be bombarded with question. Maybe it is a good thing that Natasha and Clint are away on a mission right now, otherwise things would be even worse than they already is.

Reaching the old building, the three of them enters the elevator in silent and the ride up makes Skye start tapping her foot. It has been a while since they were all together in the apartment. After Skye and Gwen decided they wanted their own place, Natasha, Clint and Maria heads back to the places they had lived before moving in together and the only times this place are used is for things like this. And the last big conversation they had have in this building had not ended all to well. Reaching the floor and Skye opening the door, they step into the darkness.

Skey had almost expected that Maria would already be there, waiting for them to show up. But knowing that her sister would probably show up at any minute, she heads for the living room and starts putting up her laptop, making sure that the hackers haven't made any progress, which they so far haven't. They have somehow managed to get stuck on a part Skye new was somewhat easy to get past, at least if they have the same knowledge and skills as her. Feeling that she is being watched, she looks up to see that Victoria is keeping an eye on her and she can hear how Gwen is rumbling through the kitchen.

"We really should make sure this kitchen has some type of food and drinks even if we aren't here that often."

She hears her friend call out and Skye rolls her eyes.

"And that is why, I stopped on the way here to get us pizza."

Turning her head towards the hallway, Skye sees how Maria enters the living room, holding four large pizza boxes and a bag with what Skye presume is drinks. From the corner of her eye, Skye can see Gwen look out to see what Maria has with her before heading into the kitchen again. Only to return out again with what they need to eat. With a look from Maria, Skye rolls her eyes and moves her laptop from the table so she can place the pizza boxes on it.

"Oh, this smells so wonderful."

Gwen comments and Skye smiles, she can't help but to agree with her on this. She had not realised until this moment that she's hungry. Taking one box each, they start to eat.

"So, tell me. The hackers, what is going on?"

Maria asks and Skye takes a deep breath, taking a large bite of the slice she's holding onto, she puts down the rest before reaching out for her laptop. She was quite surprised that Maria didn't bring up the fact that she had hacked into S.H.I.E.L.D, which means that conversation she's saving for later.

"Alright, so what I have managed to find about the hacker is that they are part of an organisation that calls themselves the Rising Tide. A large group of Hacktivists with one goal in mind its semes, to expose secrets kept from the world. They think that people have a right to know what they are missing out on, that they should know all the horrifying things that is going on around them at every second of the day. More or less."

Skye starts to explain as she pulls up the information, she has managed to get a hold of.

"It seems like this is their leader, a young man by the name of Miles Lydon and they are base worldwide. So far, they haven't managed to break through the security system of S.H.I.E.L.D, but it's just a question of time before that happens. You really need to either find someone to fix your system or send an agent into an undercover mission or something to make sure that if they do get in, they won't find any of the important information that could destroy the organisation or kill any agents."

She continues to speak, her eyes on the laptop screen once more, completely missing the look the other three is giving one another. Realising that they are all silent however, Skye looks up and lifts one eyebrow when their attention is turned towards her again and she get's a bad feeling about it all.

"What?"

She asks, eyes narrows as she looks at them.

"Gwen, I presume you will be able to keep close eye on her right?"

Maria asks, completely ignoring the fact that Skye is now glaring at her and seeing how Gwen nods her head as an answer, she is very sure that she doesn't like where this is all headed.

"What are you three planning?"

She demands to know, only to have Maria turn her attention towards Victoria and she can see another silent conversation going on between the two of them.

"No, stop that! Tell me what you two are planning and that is now!"

She speaks up, adding a bit more volume to her voice as she speaks and this time the two older ladies turns their attention towards her.

"We can't really risk sending in an agent, and how are we even going to explain how we know all of this without having to tell the others about you. Besides, you are the only one that I know of that have been able to hack into S.H.I.E.L.D and create a back door in without anyone finding out about it."

Maria starts to explain, and Skye can feel her eyes grow slightly at this, from the corner of her eye, she can see that Victoria has almost the same reaction.

"You hacked S.H.I.E.L.D and created a back door?"

She asks and Skye rolls her eyes.

"Just so that I could keep an eye on Bird Brain and Tasha during their missions."

She explains and seeing how Victoria rolls her eyes, she is quite sure the other woman realises that she should have seen this coming.

"So, let me get this straight, you want me to join this hacker group and keep them from getting information about S.H.I.E.L.D?"

She asks, turning her attention towards Maria who nods her head.

"I mean, you are already doing it by contacting me the moment you realise there was a problem in the first place."

Her sister points out and Skye rolls her eyes, of course she's right about this, but something tells her that this is something completely different.

"Hey, I will be around wherever you go alright."

Gwen speaks up as she puts a hand on Skye's shoulder.

"Remember, it's you and me."

She then adds, making Skye take in a deep breath before turning her attention towards Maria and Victoria once more.

"Alright, I'm in."

She tells them, seeing the proud smile on Maria's face, knowing she will come to regret all of this at one point or another. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 125 10
I wrote this fic a long time ago and only just realized I never posted it, so don't hold this to my current standards. It's still pretty cool though...
39.4K 946 22
"I stopped sipping my tea and looked at him in a way of saying you have my full attention. "When you weren't there," He started "it was like the pod...
5.2K 116 31
Emotionless is a word people would use to describe me. I once believed it was true. Not anymore. If I was emotionless, how could I love that one pers...
6.2K 194 9
We're the line between the world and the much weirder world. We protect people from news they aren't ready to hear. So when they need us, we fight th...