Saving Grace(A Sherlock/BBC F...

By Purplereadingwriter8

Grace Lestrade: The youngest of the Lestrade children. She's beautiful, smart, and the kindest person anyone... More

Chapter One: Sherlock Holmes and Internal Protestations
Chapter Two: Gracie
Chapter Three: 221C
Chapter Four: Frozen Toes and Sherlock's Clothes
Chapter Five: There is no ie
Chapter Six:Christmas Time and "The Woman"
Chapter Seven: Leave Me Alone
Chapter Eight: The Jet and The Passcode
Chapter Nine: Forgive Me
Chapter Ten: Mr. Knight and Distractions
Chapter Eleven: Fletcher, Your Friendly Neighborhood Tour Guide
Chapter Twelve: I Don't Have Friends
Chapter Thirteen: Greg and The Shirt
Chapter Fourteen:The Experiment, and Trust
Chapter Fifteen: Moriarty
Chapter Sixteen: Meeting the Parents and Preperation
Chapter Seventeen: As It Turns Out
Live Stream!
Live Stream Update
Chapter Eighteen: Becoming a Fugitive
Chapter Nineteen: I Beleive In Sherlock Holmes
Chapter Twenty: One Year Later
Chapter Twenty-One: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
Chapter Twenty-Two: Trying to Understand
Chapter Twenty-Three: Skip Code
Chapter Twenty-Four: Tricks, Shocks, and Shouted Questions
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Big Day Part One
Chapter Twenty-Six:The Big Day Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Big Day Part Three
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Magnussen
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Saving Grace
Chapter Thirty: Unveiled Secrets
Wholock!
Wholock Part One
Wholock Part Two
Wholock Part Three
Wholock Part Four
Wholock Part Five (The END)
Let's Try This Again...Live-stream!
Live-Stream Update!
Celebration Time Come On!
One Shot Collection Book
PRW8-2ndProfile
Crossover Palooza
IMPORTANT
Chapter Thirty-two: Parallels
Chapter Thirty-Three: Poetry or Truth
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Obliquity of the Ecliptic
Sorry, not an update. Please read.
Chapter Thirty-Five: Prone to Fancies
Chapter Thirty-Six: You're Sherlock Holmes, Wear the Bloody Hat
LIVE STREAM...AGAIN...again
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Never Insignificant
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!
Did You Miss Me?
Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Adventure Continues
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Same As Always
Chapter Forty: Lucy Beth Holmes
Chapter Forty-One: Don't Encourage Her
Chapter Forty-two: Car Seats and Sore Spots
Chapter Forty-Three: Margaret Thatcher and Fake Car Seats

Chapter Thirty-One:The End

2.5K 93 22
By Purplereadingwriter8

        "I think we can show John..." Sherlock said. "But I'll need your help." 

        "Does this plan involve you sneaking out of a hospital and possibly endangering your life?"

        "Inevitably. Are you in?" 

        "Well..." I sighed. "I can't let you do it alone, now can I? Oh, the burdens of being your wife." i said, smiling. 

        "You love it." 

        "Naturally."

~~~

        We stood in the house, waiting for Mary to show up. John came in.

        "What the heck are you two doing?"

        'We have to show you something. Please, don't ask questions just do as we ask and sit here quietly. He sat in the wheelchair. We popped his collar and mussed up his hair and we waited. We had set the man from the drug den out there to help her. His name is apparently Bill Wiggens. Sherlock finished his phone call with Mary and she entered. I stood behind John, in the dark. Mary entered and saw us.

        'What do you want, Sherlock?" John could hear Sherlock's words, but I could not. "You were very slow." She took a gun from her coat and cocked it. "How badly do you want to find out?" She threw a coin in the air and shot it. It landed in front of us, a perfect hole in the center. That's when Sherlock hung up and appeared behind her.

        "May I see?"

        "A dummy? I suppose that was a fairly obvious trick."

        'And yet, over a distance of six feet, you couldn't manage to make a kill shot. Enough to hospitalize me, not enough to kill me."

        "Like you said, I knew Grace would never forgive me if I killed her husband."

        "I'll take the case."

        "What case?" She asked.

        'Yours. Why didn't you come to me in the first place?"

        'Because John can't ever know that I lied to him. It would break him, and I would lose him forever and Sherlock, I will never let that happen." 

        "So you shot my husband?" i spoke up. She turned around and the lights came on.

        "Sorry." Sherlock told her. "Not that obvious a trick." John stood and combed down his hair. "Now talk, and sort it out, and do it quickly.'

~~~

        "Oh dear...it's only two o'clock! It's been Christmas day for at least a week now. How can it only be two o'clock? I'm in agony." Mycroft moaned as I helped Mrs. Holmes set up. 

        "Mikey, is this your laptop?"

        "Upon which depends the security of the free world, yes, And you've got potatoes on it."

        "Don't talk to your mother like that! And besides, if you don't want potatoes on it, don't leave it on the table." I told him. 

        "Thank you, dear! I think you'll make a fine Holmes mother, Grace."

        'Thank you." I told her. 

        "Why are we doing this? We never do this!" 

        "We are here because Sherlock is home from the hospital and we are all very happy." 

        "Am I happy too? I haven't checked." I slapped Mycroft in the back of the head and sat on Sherlock's lap. 

"Sherlock, control your wife." 

        "I have no authority over my wife." Sherlock told him.

        "Good answer."

        "Behave, Mike!"

        'Mycroft is the name you gave me, if you could struggle all the way to the end."

        "Mrs. Holmes." Bill handed her a drink.

        "Oh, thank you dear. Not absolutely sure why your here."

        "I invited him." Sherlock said.

        "I'm his protege, Mrs. Holmes. When he dies I get all his stuff and his job."

        "No,  that would be Grace."

        "Well, I help out a bit."

        "Closer." I told him.

        'Well if he does get murdered or something-"

        "Probably stop talking now." We said in unison.

        "Ok."

        "Lovely when you bring your friends around." Mycroft muttered.

        "Stop it you. Somebody has put a bullet in my boy, and if I ever find out who I shall become absolutely monstrous. Ah, this was for Mary. I'll be back in a minute." Sherlock dressed to go outside with Mycroft as his father left the room with John and Mary still inside.

        "Those two, are they alright?" 

        "They will be." I told him. It's been weeks since that night. They talked to each other. John didn't want to know what Magnussen had on her. Probably best, in the end. I stood in the kitchen with Mrs. Holmes.

        "Should we be expecting Grandchildren anytime soon?" She asked. I smiled. 

        "I don't think Sherlock is the 'children' type of man." 

        " He acts like he's not, but deep down, I think that's what he wants. He's just too prideful to say it." I shrugged. "And Grace? Can I just mention how happy I am that he picked you, and how proud I am to call you my daughter?" I smiled.

        "Thank you, Mrs. Holmes." All of a sudden, I started feeling very dizzy. I fell to the ground, and everything went dark.

~~~

        Mycroft headed after John and Sherlock. They'd knocked us all out and taken Mycroft's computer to Magnussen.

        "I swear, I'll kill him!" I shouted angrily, pacing around the house. Mycroft called me. "Hello?'        

        "He shot him. Sherlock shot Magnussen in the head, and killed him." I almost dropped my phone.

        "Well can you, can you help him? Can you get him a pardon or something?"

        "I've tried my best. We worked out that he's being forced to work for me in another country."  I covered my hand with my mouth. Oh Sherlock, what have you done...

~~~

        Sherlock was standing by the plane when we arrived. 

        "You will look after them for me, won't you?" He asked Mary. She hugged him tightly.

        "Don't worry. I'll keep him in trouble. And Grace, she'll have no problem with that." 

        "That's my girl." He turned to Mycroft. "I would like my last conversation with John Watson and my wife to be held alone." Mycroft nodded off to the side. He took John aside. John came back and I walked over. 

        "Why did you do it? Why'd you have to go off and kill him?"

        "To protect John and Mary." He told me. I nodded.

        "Yeah, I figured...Am I ever going to see you again?" 

        "I don't know..it's always a possibility." I sighed, on the verge of tears. "Grace...listen to me. I want you to know...you are...one of the best things that ever happened to me.  I am a cruel and cold man, but...with you...you didn't care. You stuck with me through so much...I love you." I nodded. 

        "I love you too...You, you saved me from the most boring life ever. I was just...I was Gracie Lestrade, Greg's sweet kid sister. You made me so much more then that. You made me, Gracie Holmes, consulting detective. You made me what I am. You made me see that there is so much more to life then having lunch with friends and watching telly. You saved me Sherlock Holmes." I hugged him and kissed him.

        "Good bye...Gracie Lestrade."

        "Good bye...Sherlock Holmes." 

~~~

        Everything comes to an end. Not long ago, I was just a girl, who committed a murder that no one knew about. I was the sister of Detective Inspector Lestrade, and had a fairly normal life, that chapter of my life ended when I stepped off of that train my first day in London. Sherlock said that I was, in every way, his saving grace. But that goes both ways. As I was his saving grace...he was mine. This is where the story ends, I'm afraid. This is the story, that tells of the adventures of  a short war doctor, an arrogant Highly function sociopath, and the sister of DI Lestrade. They had some good times, they had some bad. But in the end...

I wouldn't have changed a thing.

I looked up and saw that the plane was coming back.

        "Mycroft? What's going on?"

        "London needs Sherlock Holmes, now more then ever." he showed us a video. Moriarty's face appeared. 

        "He's dead." 

        "Evidently not."

        "Did you miss me? Did you miss me? Did you miss me?"  

~~~The end~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

500K 14.3K 106
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
584K 21.2K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
888K 54.6K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.2M 52.2K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC