Chapter Twenty-Six:The Big Day Part Two

Archie came up and hugged the both of us. I laughed while Sherlock stood stiffly.

        'Yes, um, well done in the service Archie."

        "He's really come out of his shell. I don't know how you two did it." His Mother told us.

        "Um..."

ONE WEEK EARLIER...

        Archie sat in John's chair across from us.

        "Basically it's a cute smile to the bride's side, a cute smile to the groom's side, and then the rings." Sherlock explained.

        "No." 

        "And you have to wear the outfit."

        "No."

        "No, you really do have to where the outfit."

        "What for?" Archie asked.

        "Grown ups like that sort of thing."

        "Why?"

        'I don't know, Lets ask one. Grace, why do you people like that sort of thing?"

        "So they have something adorable to take away the nerves I imagine." I explained.

        "You two are detectives?"

        "Yep." Sherlock said, popping the "P".

        'Have you solved any murders?"

        "Loads...Archie, do you want to see?"

        "Yeah!" We walked over to Sherlock's laptop and pulled up our crime scene photos."What's all the stuff in his eye?"

        "Maggots."

        "Cool!" Sherlock studied the little boy.

        "Hmm."

~~~
        "He said you had some pictures for him, as a treat?" His mother asked.

        "Yes, if he's good."

        "Be-headings." Archie said. 

        "Lovely little village." Sherlock detached Archie's arms from us and his mother pulled him away. 

        "That could get us into a bit of trouble." I whispered to Sherlock.

        'Indeed."

~~~Sherlock~~~

        Grace went to talk to people, and I stood with Janine, scoping out the room. A waiter passed us.

        "Hmm, he's nice." She said.

        "Traces of two leading brands of deodorant, both advertised for their strength suggestive of a chronic body odor problem manifesting under stress." 

        "Ok, done there. What about his friend?" 

        "Long term relationship. Compulsive cheat." I told her.

        "Seriously?"

        'Water proof cover on his smart phone. Yet, his complexion doesn't indicate outdoor work, Suggests he's in the habit of taking the phone into the shower with him, which means he often receives emails and texts he'd rather go unseen."

        "Can i keep you?" 

        "Do you like solving crime?"

        'Do you have a vacancy?" I looked over at John. I just might. Janine went off to talk and I found myself making my way over to John and Mary. A man in a military uniform entered. John made his way over and saluted.