Chapter Three: 221C

"Hello."

        "The clue's in the name. Janus Cars." I said into the phone.

        "Why would you be giving my a clue?"

        "Why does anyone do anything? Because I'm bored. We were made for each other, Sherlock. All three of us."

        "Then talk to me in your own voice."

        "Patience." I hung up.  What in the heck does any of this have to do with me? Why don't I ask? I grabbed the pager and began typing a response.

        What do I have to do with any of this?

        Patience.

        No, I'm sick of being patient. Tell me. Now.

        Ooh! So demanding! I can see why the boys like you! I sighed. Stop playing games you maniac!

~~~
        "He said you can come get me." I said. "You may have just saved my life, but your still an idiot."

~~~Sherlock~~~

        "Where is she?" Lestrade asked as the men returned.

        'She was gone when we got there." I sighed. 

~~~Grace~~~

        I could hear his footsteps over the quiet sound of the water. John was next to me, explosives strapped to his chest. I wasn't wearing them, but they told me if I messed this up they'd kill John, Sherlock, and myself. I had a cement block chained to my leg. I hadn't figured out what they intended to do with that yet.

        "I brought you a little getting-to-know-you present. That's what it's all been for, isn't it? All your little puzzles, making me dance, saying Lestrade was a part of it, although we both know that this between you and I only. All to distract me from this." I stepped out first.

        "Evening. This is quite the plot twist. Isn't it?"

        "Lestrade, what the heck-"

        "Bet you never saw this coming. Gracie Lestrade, just happened to show up the day this little game began. I couldn't have done it without help though." I pulled John out beside me. He opened his coat.

        'What would you like me to make them say next?"

        "Gottle of gear, gottle of gear, gottle of gear-"

        'Stop it."

        "Nice touch this. The pool, where little Carl died. I stopped him..." I trailed off. "I can stop John Watson and Gracie too.Stop their hearts."

        "Who are you?"

        "I gave you my number. I thought you might call." Oh my gosh. "Is that a British Army Browning L-Nine A-One in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

        "Both." Sherlock pulled the gun on him.

        "Jim Moriarty. Hi! Jim? Jim from the hospital? Oh, did I really make such a fleeting impression? But then I suppose, that was rather the point. But Gracie has another explanation for that. Gracie?"

        " it's documented that people of a...slightly higher intellect...tend to block out information that is classified to them as unimportant." I said, repeating my words from earlier today. Sherlock looked, wondering why the red dot was still on us. 

        "Don't be silly, someone else is holding the rifle. I don't like getting my hands dirty. I've given you a glimpse Sherlock, just a teensy glimpse of what I've got going on out there in the big bad world. I'm a specialist, you see. Like you."

        "Dear Jim, please will you fix it for me to get rid of my lover's nasty sister? Please Jim, will you fix it for me to disappear to South America?" 

        "And then...Oops!" He bumped me with his hip, knocking me and the block into the pool. I struggled to swim back up, but was dragged to the bottom. I held my breath, reaching up to my hair. I removed a bobby pin and ducked down to the padlock on my ankle. I tried to pick the lock, running out of air.  When I finally succeeded, Moriarty was gone. i struggled to the side of the pool, lifting myself up and regurgitating water. John crouched down, trying to catch his breath. I continued to cough up water. I looked up to see Sherlock offering me a towel. I took it and dried off my hair.

        "You ok?" John asked.

        'Me? Yeah fine. That thing you did...that you offered to do, That was um...good."

        'I'm glad no one saw that."

        'Hmm?"

        "You ripping my clothes off in a darkened pool." They laughed. I did, but ended up choking again.

        "Are you ok? Grace?" John asked. I shook my head. I couldn't breathe. THat's when I saw the red dots on them.

        "Sorry guys! I'm soooooo Changeable. OOps!" He kicked me into the pool again. I quickly jumped back up. "You can't be allowed to continue. You just can't. I would try to convince you, but everything I have to say has already crossed your mind."

        "And probably my answer has crossed yours." Sherlock met my eyes as he aimed at the bomb. I nodded. We were cut off by "Stayin' Alive" By the Bee-Gees.

        "Do you mind if I get that?"

        'Go ahead,please. YOu've only got the rest of your life."

        'Hello. Yes of course it is, what do you want? SAY THAT AGAIN!  Say that again, and know that if you're lying to me, I will find you, and I will skin you. Wait. Sorry. Wrong day to die."

        'No. Did you get a better offer?" Sherlock asked.

        "You'll be hearing from me Sherlock." he kicked me into the pool again.

        "You have got to be FLIPPING kidding me!" I screamed, jumping back up.

        "What happened there?" John asked.

        "Somebody changed his mind. The question is...who?"

~~~

        We walked out of the building. I was shivering, considering I'd been pushed into a pool...three times. John cleared his throat and Sherlock handed me his coat. I slipped it on.

        "So, I suppose you'll be leaving soon." John said.

        'I don't know. I think I might stay in London. It's got a nice energy. And I already have an apartment." 

        "Already? You've been held hostage all day. Where did you find an apartment?"

        "Well, nobody wanted it, so I got a good deal. It's the damp I expect." I smiled, recalling what Mrs. Hudson had said when we went to Sherlock and John's building. "221C Baker Street."

~~~        

        I went back to my hotel when I got a text message.

        Welcome to London.-SH

        Thanks. Oh, and Sherlock?

        What?-SH

        You're still an idiot.

        I know.-SH