Chapter Eleven: Fletcher, Your Friendly Neighborhood Tour Guide

"Why do I have to go?" I asked, not looking up from my book.  I was lying on Sherlock's bed."You don't need me." 

        "We may need you to...flirt with someone." I gave him a look.

        "Yes, because I am so skilled in that field." I said sarcastically. He sat down on the bed. He pushed my book down and looked at me. 

        "Gracie..." He put his hand on my thigh. I just looked at him. He rubbed his thumb back and forth.  I kissed his jaw. 

        "Sherlock..." He looked extremely uncomfortable. "That's what I thought." 

        "Why do you have to be so stubborn?" 

        "I learned from the best...but, I suppose if you want me to go enough to touch me..." He looked at me.

        "What's that supposed to mean?"

        "It means you don't touch me unless you want something. You'd barely talk to me me if I wasn't here all the time." 

        "That's not true." I looked at him now.

        "Yes, it is. It's fine, Sherlock. Women make you uncomfortable, it's alright."

        "Women do not make me uncomfortable." 

        "They do if your not using them for a case." I told him. I stood up and walked to my flat, grabbing my suitcase and stuffing clothes into it.  Sherlock came in moments later.

        "I'm not using you for a case, and I'm not uncomfortable around you." 

        "Yes you are. I scare you." I turned around to get some clothes, but Sherlock stood in front of me. "You want me to go, but I can't go if you don't let me pack." He tucked a strand of my hair behind me ear. I shivered as his fingers brushed my jaw. His fingers ran down the side of my neck and down my arm to my waist. 

        "No...you don't. The question isn't 'Do you scare me, no, the question is 'do I scare you?"

        "No...of course not." 

        "Then why are you shaking?" He asked. 

        "Shut up." He put his other hand on my waist as well. I let out a shakey breath. He ducked his head down and kissed me. I pressed my shaking hands into Sherlock's shoulders. He's right. I am absolutely terrified. His mouth moves slowly against mine. He pulls back, but his eyes linger on my lips. "Well...that was...new." 

~~~

        We loaded our bags into the cab. Mrs. Hudson was in the sandwich shop, arguing with someone.

        "Oh. Looks like Mrs. Hudson finally got to the wife Doncaster." John said.

        "Hm, just wait until she finds out about the one in Islamabad." I climbed in after John and the Sherlock got in last. "Paddington station please." 

        Neither of the couple noticed John's eyes on their entwined fingers. John smiled slightly as he stared out the window. 

~~~

        We settled in for the Seven hour train ride. John was asleep across from us, and I looked out the window. Sherlock absently played with my fingers, as I had with his yesterday, opening and closing them. He lightly traced the lines on my palms with his middle finger. Things were going great for us. Absolutely fantastic. I leaned my forehead against his shoulder. Slowly, but surely, falling asleep that way.

~~~John~~~

        I woke up, shocked at the seen before me. Grace was asleep with her head on Sherlock's shoulder. His arm was around her waist, and he was asleep, his head leaning against hers. My gosh she's done.

She's changed Sherlock Holmes.

~~~Grace~~~

        We drove down the road, seeing loads of dark green grass and rock formations. It was spectacularly early. 

~~~

        Sherlock stood on top of a rock formation, while John and I looked at the map.

        "That's Baskervill, That's Grimpen villiage, And then over there, is Dewar's Hollow." 

        "What's that?" Sherlock called. I took John's binoculars and looked through them.

        "Minefield? It is a military base!" I called up.

~~~
        We drove into the village and up to the inn. A tour guide was giving a tour of the town. We walked into the building.

        "Sorry we couldn't do a double room for you boys." The bartender said. I burst out laughing, drawing the attention of everyone else in the building. 

        "Sorry, never mind." I told them all, the blood rushing into my cheeks. I walked out and saw the tour guide from earlier. I sighed. I  would have to flirt with this guy. Oh gosh. I smiled and tapped him on the shoulder, twirling my hair around my fingers. "You...mind if I join you?" 

        "Not at all." He said, turning towards me as I sat down.

        "So...have you seen it?" I asked. "The hound?"

        "Are you from the papers?"

        "No...Just, making conversation."

        "Have you seen it?" 

        "Maybe."   I looked over at John and Sherlock.

        "Well, you see, My friends over there bet me fifty quid that you couldn't prove you'd seen the hound. I said you could, so I'm just over here to prove them wrong."

        "Well, tell your friends that they'll be out fifty quid, sweetheart.I seen it about a month ago. Up at the hollow. It was foggy mind, so I couldn't make much out. There." He showed me a blurry picture. 

        "Oh, is that it? Oh well. I better go pay up."

        "Wait." He took out a fossilized dog footprint. I snapped a picture on my phone.

        "Thanks, mate." He wrote down something on a slip of paper.

        'My number. In case you want to know more, or...go out for a drink sometime. You know where to find me." I smiled and took his number, strolling over to Sherlock and John. I crumbed up his number and chucked it aside. 

        "Proof of the hound." I handed Sherlock my phone.

        "Where did you get this?" John asked.

        "Fletcher, your friendly neighborhood tour guide. My gosh, make up a bet, twirl my hair around my finger, He spilled his guts. Men are so stupid. No offense." Sherlock took my face in his hands and kissed my forehead.

~~~

        We drove down to Baskerville. 

        "How do you plan on getting in here?" I asked. The soldiers made us stop the car. 

        "Pass please." He handed it to them.

        "You've got a pass for Baskerville? How did you get that?" John asked. I sighed.

        "It's not going to work!" I said in a sing song voice.

        "Clear.' They opened the gate and handed the card back. Sherlock smiled at me.

        "I stand by my earlier statement. Men are stupid."