De Nelson's Senior High

By chancelar

Different lives intertwine in this crazy story of love, deception, hate and defeat all in one school that rel... More

Thanks For Choosing My Book
Chapter 1- Trees that lined up
Chapter 2- Craziest girl
Chapter 3- Welcome...Bitches.
Chapter 4- Through the dorm
Chapter 5: Other Teachers
Chapter 6- Kleptomaniac
Chapter 7- Excruciatingly long minutes
Chapter 8- Missing the point.
Chapter 9- Done with you
Chapter 10
Chapter 11- On Me
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14- Light up
Chapter 15
Chapter 16- Compulsory Siesta
Chapter 17-
Chapter 18- Basketball
Chapter 19- Power
Chapter 20- Wake up.
Chapter 21- Oxygen Mask.
Chapter 22- Powerful arms.
Chapter 23- Self-pity
Chapter 24- Stargazers
Chapter 25- Exasperated
Chapter 26- Sympathy
Chapter 27-
Chapter 28- In Junior High.
Chapter 29
Chapter 30- He's.....Comely
Chapter 31- Inspection.
Chapter 32- Invitation
Chapter 33- Contributory Factor
Chapter 34- Freedom
Chapter 35- IV Tube
Chapter 36- Canes
Chapter 37- Rhythmic clap
Chapter 38- Celebrity.
Chapter 39- Busted.
Chapter 40- Infirmary.
41- Panic
Chapter 42- Virgins
Chapter 43- Recess
Chapter 44- Kite
Chapter 45
Chapter 46- Pig sty
Chapter 47- Expect Wonders
Chapter 48- PE
Chapter 49- Chitchatting
Chapter 50- Dome
Chapter 51- Girlfriend
Chapter 52- Rings
Chapter 54- Personal Chauffeur
Chapter 55- Occult
Chapter 56- Saturday Night
Chapter 57- Daddy
Chapter 58- Jaeden Daniels
Chapter 59- The twin cities
Chapter 60- Cluttering
Chapter 61- OPD
Chapter 62- That Man
Chapter 63- The wedding
Chapter 64- Red Tacoma in Rain
Chapter 66- Baby boy.
Chapter 67- Blood
Chapter 68- Musicals.
Chapter 69- High School Musical.
Chapter 70- Medications.
Chapter 71- Exonerated
Chapter 72- Greatest Show
Chapter 73- Stratosphere
Chapter 74- Kwamena
Chapter 75- Ignite (Epilogue)
Book 2 is hereπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ

Chapter 53- Titanium Bars

7 2 0
By chancelar

Jupitar ft Sarkodie Enemies

                          OoO

The bright light from the open louvre blades of the room woke Kweiba up and she winced at the light before realizing something was totally off. Not just the hammering in her head but this room was oddly different from Florida's dorm. She looked down at the white sheets covering her torso and her eyes widened in horror as her eyes fell on her supposed pajama shirt lying somewhere on the floor.

No way, they couldn't have! She tried to dismiss the thought but her brain told her otherwise as flashes of the previous night run through her mind.

When she turned to the right side of the bed, there Jerry was sleeping soundly, his pajama pants strewn somewhere across the room.

Kweiba sat up wrapping herself with the bedsheets, suddenly feeling guilty about everything. She quickly got out of the bed and picked up her shirt, heading back to her room.

She took a very long shower, trying to suppress the memories of the previous night but totally failing. Jerry didn't deserve that, now things were surely going to get weirder than before. They were both only fifteen years old, this was so messed up. After the shower she found her neatly laundered and pressed dress on her bed and quickly put it on.

She put on her shoes and attempted brushing her head which felt as if it would fall off soon.

She had to face him anyway. Before she could step out, she heard a knock on the door whiles she buckled her shoes. It seemed impossible to do so because everytime she bowed, her eyes hurt so bad.

" Come in." She called and the door slowly opened to a fully dress Jerry. His blazer had also been dry cleaned and he looked as smashing as he did the previous night.

" Hey, I brought you this. The innkeeper got it for me." He informs her extending a tiny bottle of pills,
" It's a painkiller, how are you feeling?"

He drew closer and handed it to her with a bottle of water.

" Thanks." Kweiba managed to mutter out before swallowing two tablets.

She tried to bend over again and she winced. Jerry quickly walks over and kneels infront of her buckling up her shoes.

" Where are we?" Kweiba asked.

" The taxi driver left us here. I don't remember much but he seemed very pissed." Jerry chuckles.

" Hey Jeremiah, " Kweiba calls and he looks up, their eyes meeting,
" Something happened between us last night and I feel very awful for letting it happen."

" It's okay, it was just a mistake, come on let's get going." He says standing up and extending a hand.

" You do know that Worship will be starting in ninety minutes right?" Kweiba asks him as she took his hand.

" I know, don't worry, we'll figure a way to get back in." Jerry assures her as they walked out if her room and down the hallway to the dining room.

After a breakfast of mandarin tea and toast, they got into a cab and set off to Nelson's, using the Manhattan girls' secret passage way.

Kweiba wasn't the only one to wake up with a guilty conscience compounded by a dreadful hangover. Fayanna Quansah sat still on her bed after dressing up for worship. The guilt was eating her up and today was going to be a very busy day for her; they were moving back to Manhattan, she had soccer practice and a test to prepare for on Monday. Ladi had gotten her some Advil but she wasn't craving for that.

This headache would definitely not allow her to do anything so after dining, she quickly rushed into Manhattan's dorm 1 Cortess. As predicted, Velar was there making her bed, no one was there since everyone had left for worship.

" What the hell Fayanna!" Velar exclaims in shock when Faye barged in looking very pale, " What happened to you last night?"

" Nothing you need to know about, can I get three bars?" Faye croaks lying down on Lartifa's neatly laid bed.

" If you have a hangover, one is okay." Velar replies knowing exactly what Faye was referring to.

Faye, Veronica and occasionally Kweiba were her regulars. Those kids lived on drugs and her plan had successfully worked on them. Give them an easy outlet to their problems and they'd be hooked for long. It started as free samples, she had even handed Ciarra one once, but either her brain cells didn't respond to it or she hadn't taken it at all.

Titanium bars were a very lucrative trade in Nelson especially for overachieving students. Each flavor contained a dominating drug, except the Funky mix that had at least three different hard drugs in it.

She knew Faye's choice. Strawberry, bouts of a  illegal pain relief drug and heavy bouts of Ketamine.

She had noticed for a long time how much Faye loved to cover up her reality by going for this drug. Each of her customers made her know the kind of kids they were by the choice of bars they bought. Veronica bought several mint bars, containing so much Amytal. She was willing to dull her senses almost every night after studying, she claimed it made her sleep better.

Kweiba was more of the Vanilla bar type. Amphetamines, heavy dozes of it in each bar, they gave her a false sense of excitement and happiness though her life was anything but that. She clouded her mind with it and allowed the euphoric effects of the drug to work. She was always the excited one amongst get friends. I guess now you know why.

" It's going to cost you you know?" Velar hints and notices Faye's quivering fingers as she tried to chew at a nail.

" Wow, you're rusty today." She comments with a small laugh.

" Get it." Faye insists.

" That's a hundred cedis for three."

" But you said one was for thirty." Faye interjects and Velar shoots her a cunning look, " The more you want it, the higher the price."

Faye glared at her, " Fine I'll take it." She agrees and throws a hundred cedis note at her.

Velar grins and picked it up before walking out to the box room.

She came back with three bars of chocolate and threw them at Faye,
" I'm leaving, close the doors behind you." Velar informs her and walked out.

Faye didn't like the kind of person she was becoming. After being a liar and a cheat, she was topping it off with drugs. She stared at the questionable bars. The more she looked at it, the more she craved it.

She could control herself. She thought. Velar was winning everytime she craved more. A loud thud from somewhere in the empty dorm startled her. Was she already hallucinating?...but she hadn't even taken the drug.

She heard it again and this time she crept behind Lartifa's headrest and peeped around. The door to the secret basement swings open. Kweiba walks in fully dressed the same as the previous night. Faye slowly got up from hiding.

" Someone really enjoyed herself last night." Faye compliments.

" Go f**k yourself Fayanna." Kweiba answers coldly and Faye unbuttons the shirt of her Sunday attire feeling warm in the room since the windows had been closed.

" Who messed your breakfast this morning?" Faye walks up to her and asked as Kweiba locks up the door.

" Dude what kind of friend are you? You knew about my condition and yet you never bothered to check up on me the entire night. You bailed on me!" Kweiba seethes and Faye glares at her.

" Look I'm sorry."

" Save it, I don't need you anyway." Kweiba dismisses her and Faye gasps at her audacity getting off the bed to face her.

" I'm sorry that I have my own problems to handle. How do you expect me to practically be babysitting you in a crowd of over five hundred people?" Faye poses to her in a humourless tone.

" Babysitting me? That's what you call looking out for a friend?' Kweiba asks.

" F**k off Kweiba, what happened? You're not the only person who messed up big time." Faye tries to justify.

" I slept with Jeremiah, Faye!" Kweiba spells it out to her and Faye is stunned.

" Sh*t, that's so messed up." Faye whispers.

" I practically cheated on L yesterday." Faye discloses.

" How's that possible, he was practically with you the entire night." Kweiba wonders.

" He met a couple of friends and I know it sounds stupid to cheat on someone you claim to care about a few minutes after he left you but trust me, I never planned for it to happen."

" So what are you going to do?" Kweiba asks her sitting on Lartifa's bed.

" I know the right thing to do but I just feel like everything will crumble if I do. This is my first real relationship and I really really like Ladi."

" It will still break down if you lie about it too. If he finds out on his own, it'll be terrible."

Faye sits down massaging her temples that hurt as hell. Everything was a mess.

Kweiba's eyes fell on the bars on the bed.

" No, no Faye. Those don't solve your problems." Kweiba panics and tries to reach for them but Faye beats her to it.

" I'm sorry Kweiba but I need this."

" For what exactly, Velar is making so much money out of us. I am also a victim but I've been trying to keep my self sane by using natural methods, so please don't do this Faye."

" You don't get it Kweiba, I don't just feel guilty, I feel like sh*t and it's starting to show externally. Efua asked me if I was okay twice this morning. Twice Kweiba, I feel like an open book now, everyone can see through me."

" No, that's the perception your brain is giving you to make you regret what you did but that isn't how everyone is actually seeing you." Kweiba advises,
" You see these...these are only going to make you feel at peace for a fleeting moment, and then you'll be back to the guilt so I think you should deal with your own problems."

" Like you're dealing with your own." Faye scoffs and grabs the bars exiting the room whiles buttoning up her shirt as well. Kweiba sighed and went back to the closet room to find any random Sunday attire so she could blend in with everyone else when she walks out. She found one, pretty new but sewn into a very preppy dress. She checked under Beullah's bed and found a pair neatly polished sandals. She quickly slipped into them, folding up her own party dress and hang it back on the racks in the basement as well as the shoes.

Now she looked like a student though she hated the style of dress she'd found. She quickly sneaked out of the dorm and back downstairs, out of the house and unto the sidewalk. 

                        OoO
Worship was remarkable since a freshman girl Ms Alice had found was going to lead praises and worship.

Nobody would have known of her unique gift if not for Ms Alice's unusual talent sections during PE. She quickly handed her over to Praise who was more than pleased to have her under her wing. Also because her name was the local term for Praise, Ayeyi. Ms Alice had included Nana Kwame and some other boy she'd found to the worship program.

She looked pretty small, more like an eight grader than a tenth grader that she was and she seemed very scared of performing infront of the entire school but Praise had taught her well, turned out she was already in the school's choir.

She did a solo of Cee's Kae Me with the boys from Cyber X playing for her.

Faye couldn't bare going to sit infront as arranged. The hall was divided into two sections with a long aisle. The left pews were for boys and the right for girls. Freshmen sat in front, followed by second years and the third years sat at the back seat. Velar allowed Faye sit at the back to hide the effects of the drug seeing she was as high as a kite.

Why anyone would appear infront of God with so much drugs in their system is still beyond me.

The next song really drilled into Veronica's mind. Could it be possible to believe that someone wouldn't die and it comes to pass? Ohemaa Mercy claimed that she wouldn't die until everything she was supposed to do on the earth was done, but was that really so? Calvin was going to die without accomplishing anything in this world. Maybe she needed more faith, this brought tears to her eyes.

Nobody knew Nana Kwame was much of a performer until he performed Awurade Kae Me by Great Ampong and Isaac. It was a duet so the other boy being Godfred, sung Great Ampong's part with the Pennsylvania house choir.

When it came to worship, Nelson's tried their best to instill good spiritual values in their students but some had hearts as hard as stone that was not favorable or responsive to anything holy.

Some though were moved by each encouraging song by the freshman vocalist. Now they were no longer nervous on the podium because they moved with ease even to their fellow schoolmates who sung along with them.

At least today wasn't for another boring sermon from Reverend Zac. Zaron and Lejandro found it challenging to transition into other songs because they didn't really know most of the songs, they had just been given music sheets for each song, but Samed was really good and he was a Muslim! Everytime he changed the beat on his drums, they quickly picked up after him and Kobby understood the language. So the next song did get people up on their feet Ohemaa Mercy's Edin Jesus and Ayeyi was back on the podium with her powerful heavenly voice along with Nana Kwame.

All through this some people were still as bored with religion as always, in the person of Joy, Kathryn, Vera, Wathoni and some guys. They didn't really know the essence, it all felt so random to them. Some other people who had been up to no good the previous night found it difficult to join in worship and there was so much guilt hanging in the atmosphere, some students were not even on campus yet, now waking up to strangers with them in bed at Arnold Jansen's Glade.

Reverend Darko came up to give a sermon on the importance of hardwork which thankfully wasn't related to morals because people were already regretting the bad choices they had made the previous night.

After that he invited Ayeyi, Godfred ,Nana Kwame and The Seraphs, the school's official choir to present one last song and they picked the last song they had rehearsed with Cyber X. Cee's Wanum Asem Ye De. This was the most uplifting song they had sung so far and it got most people interactive.

Ashanti and Ciarra were going through pains with all the latecomers at the two entrances. Most of them actually looked so tired, they both didn't know how to get answers from them after asking them questions so they practically gave everyone a free pass because it was starting to get exhausting asking hangover teenagers why they are late for worship. Some other people were now showing up on campus after Kweiba and Jerry, Adam and his best friends.

Worship was over soon and everyone was out on the sidewalk towards their various houses. Ladi caught up with Faye for the first time since the previous night and she seemed to be back to her usual perky self. He threw an arm around her shoulders when he fell into step with her, " How are you feeling today?"

" Great actually." She looked up to him with a promising smile.

" That's good to hear. Are you ready for tomorrow's game?" He asked.

" Sort off, I have practice after dining." She replied and he could tell she sounded way too normal.

" Anything happen last night?"

" No, but I do recall throwing up in between everything but I'm fine now." She lies.

He nodded, maybe she was the kind who didn't really recollect memories after drinking.

" Yo Magma, Baby wants to have a word with you." Moro shows up abruptly and informs him before kissing Faye on the cheek cheerfully,
" Hey Princess, how was the party?"

" Hey, watch it." Ladi warns him before turning to Faye, " See you around."

As he walked away Moro continues walking down the walkway with Faye, " Hope he wasn't such a terrible date."

" On the contrary." Faye says with a smile. The bars worked miracles, they allowed her to forget aspects of her memory that she didn't want to recall.

But that's the thing with drugs, they make it all seem perfect for a fleeting moment and then you're back to reality.

Ciarra met up with Fede at the Morning Café to get his exiat.

Beullah signed it for them at the meeting point and they left towards the western gates.

Mr Peters sat listening to his wireless radio when they arrived at the gates.

" What do we have here?" He asks, fixing the color of his faded red shirt.

Ciarra quickly plasters on a weak expression.

" The nurse just signed us out, she's sick and I have to go for a periodic check up from my personal doctor." Fede explains and hands him the exiats.

As he scrutinized the signatures, they both prayed he wouldn't notice any abnormalies. After a few seconds he looks up to the both of them curiously,  " But why a boy and a girl? Are you two related?"

" Oh no, I don't know him. He's going to the regional hospital but my brother is coming to pick me up and he wanted a lift, so I offered him a ride." Ciarra croaks, " Can I have a seat, I'm starting to feel dizzy standing."

The act was good, Mr Peters offered her a seat on his bench and as if on cue, a black Infinity QX56 pulls up to the gates and honks at it.

" That's my brother." She coughs and he quickly opened up the large gates.

Roland pulled in and parked right next to the security house by the gate where Ciarra was seated. He got out in a neat black suit and brown chinos with a pair of Prada sunglasses.

" Good evening Sir, " He greeted Mr Peters in a calm composed voice and you could tell he was intimidated.

" I'm here for my sister Ciarra, " He begins.

" Oh she's been waiting, come on help her in." Mr Peters beckons Fede who held her up and walked her to the other side of the car.

Fede follows with his backpack.

" Thanks for keeping her company. You know her immune system just keeps going on and off." Roland plays his role and slips a twenty cedi note into Mr Peters' hands, " Thanks for watching her, it was much appreciated."

" Oh don't mention Sir, it is my job. Thank you Sir." The old man grins and  Roland grins, climbing back into the car, reversing it out of the gate, away from an unsuspecting Mr Peters.

********************

Vote if you like this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101 29 12
A story about love, hate and greed. What is love when you can't even love yourself? What is worth when you don't even value yourself. What is hate wh...
44 7 18
A story of friends together in all the struggles life brings to their front door. A story of trust and friendship. But the greatest challenge they'll...
12.6K 601 27
"Do what's right" my mother always said... A normal girl goes to high school ready for her usual classes until it's announced that another studen...
The Out Crowd By Rae

Teen Fiction

73.4K 4.1K 47
The truth may hurt, but lies kill.