『 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗮𝘁𝗲 』

By hxwarts24

↳ 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘹 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘧𝘪𝘯 𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘥𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘢𝘭�... More

𝘤 𝘢 𝘴 𝘵
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾- 𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝗈- 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘰𝘯
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾- 𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋- 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘴
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾- 𝘭𝘪𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘥 𝘭𝘶𝘤𝘬
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝗂𝗑- 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘨𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇- 𝘱𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘴
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍- 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾- 𝘧𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘪𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘴
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝖾𝗇- 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘴
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖾𝗅𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇- 𝘣𝘶𝘭𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗏𝖾- 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇- 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇- 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇- 𝘥𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘥𝘰𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇- 𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇- 𝘱𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘭
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇- 𝘧𝘶𝘯
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒- 𝘮𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘸𝘴
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗈𝗇𝖾- 𝘶𝘯𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘷𝘰𝘸
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗐𝗈- 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾- 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋- 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾- 𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘧𝘰𝘺 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘳
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗌𝗂𝗑- 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇- 𝘸𝘢𝘳
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍- 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘰𝘨𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾- 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩
𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇- 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘢𝘳𝘺

1.9K 94 4
By hxwarts24

WHEN TOM CAME back from a meeting, Alex was in the garden, smoking a cigarette. Tom frowned at the smell. "Will you ever quit that?"

The young boy didn't turn around. "No."

Tom rolled his eyes and sat down on a bench, legs on top of each other and arms crossed.

"Can you tell me the story of you and mother?"

The man tensed. "What?"

"I deserve to know." Alex turned around to look at him.

"How old are you?"

"Seventeen."

"Already?" murmured Tom.

Alex didn't reply, taking a drag from the cigarette.

"Fine. Will you stop talking about her if I tell you?"

"Yes."

"Alright. Well, I met your mother in our fifth year," started Tom. "We were partnered up for a potions project. We.. well, we became friends, I suppose. A few years later when we graduated.. I met her family."

Alex stayed quiet, listening with undivided attention.

"She became my girlfriend afterwards. She never knew what I was planning; being a dark lord and all. Then, I got her pregnant. When she found out about my plans, she supported me, but I then realized she'd be in huge danger if she had any contact with me. I took you because I needed an heir and left her. When I vanished, you were given to her."

Alex didn't reply, looking like he was in thought.

"If I didn't have plans on being a dark lord, I might've married her," muttered Tom.

"And she would've been alive."

"She didn't die because of me," said the man with a clenched jaw.

"She did. You know it."

Tom looked into his son's eyes. "No. It wasn't because of me."

"It was. And I hate you for it. I hate you so much."

Staring into those blue eyes made it so much harder for Tom.

Something flashed in the man's eyes. He stood up and pulled his wand out, pointing it at the boy. "Crucio."

Alex didn't move.

Letting the curse hit him, he refused to scream or fall.

He stayed standing with a clenched jaw— even though he felt like he was being stabbed with hundreds of knives repeatedly.

Tom stopped as soon as he realized what he did, looking at his son with widened eyes. "Alex—"

"You didn't want a child," Alex cut him off. "You needed an heir."

Tom didn't reply.

"I wish you were with us on this day eight years ago. I wish the nightmares of watching her death haunted you. I wish you heard her screams at sudden times. I wish you suffered like I do."

"It's been eight years?" asked the man slowly.

"It's been eight years today," Alex said, looking away. "I want an apology from you."

"For what?"

"For everything."

"I'm not giving you an apology, Alex." Tom sneered.

"I won't be your heir if you refuse that."

"You cannot hide from me. And if you do so, it'll be easy to find you."

"Give me an apology," repeated Alex, looking at him again. "I deserve it. All I want is an apology."

"You'll have to wait a long time for that."

"Please," whispered Alex, refusing to let his eyes tear up in front of the man who never understood emotions. "Just one apology."

"Alex, I do not care for you. Just because your mother meant something to me, doesn't mean you do. She's dead. For all I know, you'll be dead too. You're not immortal."

Alex wished he could say that the man wouldn't be immortal for too long, but he kept himself from saying it.

"You're right," said the young boy. "You're very right. Just answer this question: what's wrong with caring for someone?"

"They would be your weakness," replied Tom immediately. "Having a weakness makes you weak."

"You're wrong. Caring for somebody makes you strong. You'd have something to live for."

"Not if they die," scoffed Tom. "You'd have something to die for."

"Your life is all about power. You have nothing to live for, nor something to die for. You're the weakest person I've ever known."

"Look what caring for your mother got you."

It got him pain.

It got him misery.

It got him loneliness.

Alex became quiet, looking into the man's eyes that were so void of emotion to the point Alex almost felt bad for him. But then he realized.. he wish he was like that. If he didn't care for his mother, he would have so much more peace.

He'd stop feeling guilty.

His nightmares would stop.

The screams would stop haunting him.

And all of a sudden, Alex Riddle envied his father.

"Now.. don't you wish you could stop caring?" Tom asked, snapping him out of his thoughts.

The young boy remained completely still.

"Answer me, Alex."

"I wish.. I wish I could."

"Exactly," said Tom as if it was obvious. "You cared too much to the point you wish you never did. That's the thing I've been talking about. Caring is a weakness. And strong people don't have weaknesses."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 465 31
― dead end ❝ you never know how important people are until they leave you ❞ lowercase intended | book two | draco malfoy x oc | half-blood prince |...
5K 191 16
i was a kid but i wasn't clueless, someone who loves you, wouldn't do this. ⦗ sorcerers stone ⇾ deathly hallows ron weasley x female! oc ...
159K 3K 63
Don't forget to Vote and Comment xoxo
43.2K 764 69
my love, original version ⦗ goblet of fire ⇾ deathly hallows draco malfoy x female! oc cover by ME! ⦘