The Heiress

Per chaelisabestgirlsx

If Chaeyoung could use any three words to describe herself, she would say that she is rich, beautiful, and ex... Més

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130

Chapter 122

999 72 17
Per chaelisabestgirlsx

***

The entertainment continued as Lisa and Chaeyoung started talking to the guests. Since Lisa was like the new god of diamonds in their Country, many people from influential backgrounds started to engage topics mostly about business.

However, what attracted Chaeyoung's attention was focused on someone who looks exactly like Wang Bolin. She remembered that Wang Bolin came from the Ye family from Germany. This man should be the current patriarch of the Ye Family, Wang Bolin's brother.

"Miss Park, I am so glad to finally meet you." Chaeyoung's attention turned towards the person who approached her. She just excuse herself to get a refill of her sparkling wine and is currently away from Lisa right now.

Her gaze turned dark when she noticed that the one who approached her was no other than Peter Pardi.

"Mr. Pardi." she smiled at him. "I am glad to meet you as well."

"Really?" he raised an eyebrow. For some reason, Chaeyoung does not like the vibe that Peter Pardi carries. However, she still pretended not to be affected by his deathly aura.

"Of course not." She answered, surprising Peter Pardi. Seeing his smiling face shift, Chaeyoung was about to say that she was only joking when the latter suddenly burst into laughter. His eyes turned crescent as he clutched his stomach as if trying to suppress his laughter.

Now that Chaeyoung looked at this person, she could see that this man was indeed handsome just like what the rumor said. His deep blue eyes instantly caught Chaeyoung's attention as it was almost similar to Antonio Pardi's eyes. Anyone could clearly tell that they were related.

"How amusing," she heard him say. "You are indeed different. This is the reason why I like you."

Chaeyoung deadpanned at his words. What is this man doing? She was about to retort when she noticed another person approached them, this time it was Peter's wife. Mia Pardi.

"Miss Park… " Mia beamed at her with her chin pointed, her eyes sparkled full of malice. Chaeyoung only raised an eyebrow before nodding at her. With Mia's chin pointed to high, Chaeyoung instantly felt the urge to laugh out loud. She couldn't help but wondered if this Mia is trying to intimidate her or make her laugh.

Maybe she was pretending to be a clown?

With this in mind, Chaeyoung smiled at Mia, mockery apparent in her eyes. "Mrs. Pardi… I hope you guys are enjoying Lisa's birthday."

"Oh, we are… and we will." Mia's words and gaze held some meaning but Chaeyoung chose to ignore it.

"I'm glad to know that. I would really love for everyone to keep their smiles until the end of the party." Chaeyoung said.

"Miss Park is too kind. It was obvious that you took a lot of time preparing for this party. I'm sure everyone will enjoy it until the end of the night." Mia said, she wanted to add that everyone would enjoy this party except the Moon Empire but chose not to.

Mia then glanced at the time and gave Chaeyoung an even more dazzling smile. In less than a minute, her and her maternal grandfather's men will enter the Moon Empire's underground storage facilities and will rob them of their diamonds. Too bad Chaeyoung and Lisa won't even finish this night without their empire crumbling in front of them.

What she did not know was that Chaeyoung was also thinking of the same thing. "Oh, look at that, it's time!" she said, her gaze never leaving Mia's. This gesture was something that made Peter Pardi uncomfortable.

"What is it?" he asked, wondering if Chaeyoung is aware of his wife's plans. However, this would be impossible, right?

"Oh. I was talking about the band. It's one of my favorite. They will start performing in less than a minute."

"Oh. I always feel that they are only mediocre." Mia butted in while watching the band that is about to perform. "I always assumed that Miss Park's taste in music would be pretty classy, I never thought it would be this bleak."

Instead of feeling insulted, Chaeyoung only laughed at her words. "Bleak? Sometimes, most people directly assumed that something is mundane and boring because of their physical appearance. They would fail to see the brilliance of such talents. Of course, this applies to businessmen too. Most men would be dazzled by beauty and power, not by brains and attitude. Isn't that right, Mr. Pardi?"

Her direct question earned a raised eyebrow from Peter. Seeing her husband's reaction immediately made Mia pout. "Why are you asking my husband? Are you calling me a beauty with no brains?"

Seeing Chaeyoung just looked at her with a blank look on her face, Mia started to fume even more. She, Mia Pardi the future matriarch of the Vercello Family, had been called dumb by someone lower than her! How embarrassing!

"Mia calm down," Mia heard her husband's words beside her. Then she felt her tap her shoulders, easing her anger.

However, Chaeyoung's next words instantly made her explode.

"Beauty with no brains… what a fitting title."

"What did you say?" this time, Mia already raised her voice. She is aware that she is very good looking, in fact, she is very confident that she is the most beautiful woman in the Country. She is also aware that is not only beautiful but she is also smart. Or that's what she always told herself.

Mia is aware that compared to her three sisters she is not the smartest, however, she cannot be considered dumb as well. Above average should be the best term to describe her. How dare this woman criticize her and call her dumb in front of her husband?

Is she looking for death?

"I said, it's a fitting title." Chaeyoung repeated, enjoying the fact that Mia is already red as a tomato from her rage.

"You-" Mia was about to berate the woman in front of her when her husband glared at her. Mia's frown even deepened. Is Peter trying to take Chaeyoung's side?

The woman just called his wife dumb. How could he do this instead of defending her?

"Miss Park does not mean it like that." She heard her husband said while patting her back. Then he looked at Chaeyoung. "Am I right Miss Park?"

"Wrong. " Chaeyoung answered without batting an eyelid.

"You! You are purposely trying to offend me!" Mia narrowed her eyes at Chaeyoung. After her husband's words, Mia immediately realized that Chaeyoung is trying to make a fool out of her. She must have expected Mia to cause a ruckus and embarrass herself.

"You are thinking too much Mrs. Pardi. " Chaeyoung answered. In fact, Chaeyoung does not have any intention of offending Mia. The reason behind her action is to gauge Mr. Pardi's temper. Mia is already known as someone with a quick temper. She is known to be unreasonable and extremely naughty. However, her husband was just known as cold and calculating.

Chaeyoung only wanted to see how much this Peter Pardi values his beautiful but dumb wife.

Seeing Mia trying to suppress her anger, Chaeyoung instantly added. "Offending you is not worth it. So why bother?"

"You! How dare you talk to me like that?" Mia exploded. Not worth it? Who does this woman think she is?

Chaeyoung observed Peter's reaction and as expected, he was acting as if the person who was shouting was unrelated to him. His lips were lifted into a smirk as if he was not Mia's husband but was just a passerby eagerly watching for a show.

This instantly made Chaeyoung a little confused. She remembered doing this because she felt a weird vibe between the two when she was observing them a while ago. They were holding each other's hands, but there seems to be an invisible barrier between the two.

The reason why she cared about this barrier was that Chaeyoung had this suspicion about Peter Pardi and Mia's marriage. Peter Pardi was an excellent bachelor. He was handsome, a brilliant doctor and someone from a very influential family. Yet, he married someone who clearly has no business background. Mia might have grown up from another influential family, but she always acted like a princess.

Someone of status. An important person. Or that is what Chaeyoung had gathered from her investigations. She might be beautiful, but she is not really that outstanding when it comes to business. So why would Peter Pardi marry her?

In Chaeyoung's mind, someone as outstanding as Peter Pardi should be married off to a possible heir to the Vercello Family. So is it possible that Mia was another heir?

But this does not seem to follow any logic. According to her mother, Claire, the Vercello's got their eyes on her because she was talented and smart. Having Chaeyoung would greatly affect their future. Using this logic, it would not be possible for Mia to become a Matriarch since she was lacking in the brains department.

"Mrs. Pardi, what are you talking about? I don't understand what you are saying." Chaeyoung said, her eyes started to water. The only that she can do now is make it seem like Mia bullied her. This will make Mia create more and more trouble. While observing Peter's reaction.

"What? Why are you acting so innocent now? You called me beautiful but dumb! Do you think the Pardi family is someone that you can bully? Don't forget you are in our lands!" Mia berated, attracting everyone's attention. More and more people started to surround them as murmurs could be heard everywhere.

"To say that I am not expecting this confrontation is a lie. Hehehe… look at that easterner. She was looking at everyone with her head held high. It is only expected that she will offend the Queen of our Country and cause chaos."

"Sigh… Poor Ms. Manoban… she chose a fiancée from the east. She is indeed uncultured. Speaking of which. Where is Ms. Manoban? Her fiancée needs her protection right now."

"Ms. Manoban was having a private conversation with Mr. Petrov. However, I don't think she can save that woman from Mia's claws. Hmp!" a woman in the crowd sneered.

Chaeyoung was just an unknown woman from the East. With her little family influence, how dare she come to the west with someone influential like Lisa Manoban?

In these people's minds, Lisa Manoban's identity was special. She is the new owner of Moon Empire and came from the prestigious Manoban Family from the East. Lisa Manoban is also the heir and CEO of Manoban Conglomerate who has ties in the underworld and Luxembourg. Lisa Manoban should be with someone who is from an influential family as well.

Of course, many of these people did not even took the time to research about Chaeyoung's identity. After all, what could a woman like Chaeyoung Park accomplished? Aside from her family with zero influence in the west, Chaeyoung practically have nothing.

Or so they thought.

Seeing Chaeyoung's expression, Mia felt elated. As expected, this woman was someone that could be easily bullied. However, not even a second passed and Chaeyoung changed her expression into something that no one expected.

She chuckled and raised her lowered head. Though Mia was taller than Chaeyoung, she still felt that the latter seemed to be looking down at her.

"Mrs. Pardi. I never told you that you are beautiful with no brains." Chaeyoung said. "I said men usually preferred beautiful women without considering their brains. I did not specifically say you are someone like that. But if the shoe fits then…" she shrugged increasing the hate in Mia's eyes.

"You! I heard you call me beauty with no brains!"

"My… Mrs. Pardi, how could you frame me like this? I did not say such a thing. I'm sure your husband will agree with me." Chaeyoung looked at Peter Pardi boldly, instantly earning some gasps and sneers from the onlookers. How could she use Peter Pardi as a witness? He is Mia's husband. Of course, he will not agree with Chaeyoung's words.

"I apologize Miss Park… My wife is already drunk. She is already muddle." Peter's statement shocked everyone. What is the meaning of his words? Why is he siding with Chaeyoung and embarrassing his own wife?

"Peter… you… " Mia stared at her husband, dumbfounded. How could he do this to her?

"Let's go home. You are already drunk." She heard her husband muttered before he leaned into her ears and whispered. "Don't embarrass the Pardi's anymore. Who knows what uncle will do to you if you continue this."

As expected, Mia's expression change at the mention of the Pardi Family. Peter knows that his wife badly wanted to impress their uncle. She would not hesitate to swallow her anger in front of the Pardi's.

As a matter of fact, Mia always wanted to show to the Pardi Family that she is worthy of her husband. Mia is aware that the main reason why she became a future prospect for the Vercello Matriarch is because of the Ruiz Family. It was not because she is smart or talented. It was because her grandfather Nico Ruiz had endless support and influence from other influential families.

Because of this, she is a little insecure and always wanted for the Pardi Family to see her in a new light. Taking his husband's words into account, Mia instantly composed herself and glared at Chaeyoung. "Miss Park, my husband is right. I might be a little drunk just now. However, I still find you so arrogant and presumptuous."

"You might treat yourself as a phoenix now but remember, only a true phoenix will continue to soar higher." She added, her tone righteous. As if she was an elder giving advice to someone below her.

Chaeyoung smirked. Just what is this woman's logic? Phoenixes? She is comparing Chaeyoung to a fake Phoenix? If this Mia Pardi is indeed someone that could inherit the Vercello Family then she should have made her research about Chaeyoung. She should know if Chaeyoung is indeed a real Phoenix or not. "I agree with you. I'm sure those fake Phoenixes that only rely on their family to fly will surely fall once their family leaves them."

Chaeyoung's meaning was clear. Mia was nothing but a fake Phoenix who only relied on her family to gain her status. These words were spot on; it instantly made Mia narrow her eyes at Chaeyoung. Is Chaeyoung threatening her and her family?

Even Peter's eyes seemed to show interest in Chaeyoung's words. If Chaeyoung is indeed threatening Mia then… she is just too bold. However, for some reason, Peter also felt impressed by Chaeyoung's actions. She must have known that Peter wanted Chaeyoung and Mia to fight. This must be the reason why Chaeyoung boldly asked him to side with her in front of so many influential people.

Peter's intention was really simple. He wanted Chaeyoung and Mia to offend each other and fight. Whoever wins will surely become the Matriarch… and his wife. This method is convenient not only for him but also for his uncle and Natalie. Moreover, everyone in the family knew that Chaeyoung is very capable. It is already expected that she will be the victor in this little competition.

Also, Peter already talked to his uncle about this method and the latter readily agreed and even gave him some advice on how to make Mia and the Ruiz family be more aggressive in attacking Chaeyoung. Both of them know that this will provoke Chaeyoung into destroying the Ruiz family, of course this includes Mia.

Isn't that wonderful?

With Mia gone, Chaeyoung will be the Matriarch and Peter will become her husband. It's like killing two birds with one stone. Three birds if we will include the destruction of the Ruiz Family.

Unbeknownst to him, Chaeyoung already know his intention from the moment that he chose to side with her instead of his wife. However, Chaeyoung thought that it was the Vercello Family who wanted to use her as the sword in destroying Mia and the Ruiz Family. After all, the Vercello's were described as someone almost omnipotent, they should already know that Mia and Nico Ruiz wanted to rob Lisa and Chaeyoung. Right?

However, they did not intervene and just let them do whatever they like towards Chaeyoung.

This method is something that Chaeyoung is familiar with. If she was right, the Vercello's use the same method towards Claire. They used her to eliminate all those evidence in their crimes and have her blame herself until now. Isn't that like killing two birds with one stone?

Chaeyoung sneered inwardly while watching Mia and Peter. Killing two birds with one stone? Chaeyoung wanted to see whose family would be left standing after this.

"Are you threatening me?" Mia took a step towards Chaeyoung, her gaze was menacing. "Before this night ends, this empire will crumble." She said, her eyes narrowed.

In response, a tinge of mirth flickered in Chaeyoung's eyes. She lifted her chin to look straight at Mia's eyes. "Are you sure about that?"

"Of course I am… By the end of this night, there will be no more Moon Empire. I will guarantee that." Mia's voice was not loud yet, it was enough for everyone to hear it. Some people instantly understood Mia's meaning and could only shook their heads.

What would they expect? Mia is both a Ruiz and a Pardi. Her words were like God's judgment. Once she says your done, then you are done. They could only pity Lisa Manoban for having Chaeyoung as a fiancée. This woman is dumb enough to offend Mia. Such a piece of bad luck for Ms. Manoban.

"However, if you kneel and apologize to me now… then I might let the Moon Empire survive." Mia continued. "Think about it." Mia was expecting Chaeyoung to shudder from her words and instantly give in. After all, Chaeyoung should know that Mia is capable of destroying her fiancée empire.

"I think Miss Park should apologize. Maybe this will quell Mrs. Pardi's anger and she might let you off." One of the onlookers suggested.

"Too bad tonight is Ms. Manoban's birthday and her fiancée ruin it."

"Fiancée? Let's bet for a hundred dollars. Ms. Manoban will dissolve this engagement before this night ends."

"A hundred? Let's make it ten thousand! Hahaha"

"Hey… I'm in. Let's bet!"

These words were not loud, but both Chaeyoung and Mia was still able to hear it.

Mia smirked at Chaeyoung. "See? This will not only ruin Lisa Manoban's empire, but this will also include your reputation." She said. Mia was confident that she would intimidate Chaeyoung. After all, Chaeyoung is still not aware that she is the heir of the Vercello Matriarch. She was sure that Chaeyoung will fear the fact that Mia could destroy Lisa's efforts.

After all, they were in the West. Somewhere without lisa and Chaeyoung's meager families.

"Mrs. Pardi…" Chaeyoung chuckled and walked a step towards Mia. Their faces are now less than a foot away from each other. Then she lowered her voice and said, "They were supposed to be done right about now. Didn't you wonder why no one called you and confirmed that they did the job perfectly?"

Mia's eyelashes instantly fluttered when she heard Chaeyoung's words. She widened her eyes as the realization hit her. She… Does Chaeyoung know? But before she could ask her, Chaeyoung took a step back, creating a distance between them. "You are indeed drunk Mrs. Pardi. I would advise you to go home and have a rest. It's been a pleasure meeting you and your husband." Chaeyoung gave Mia a meaningful look before her lips turned into a mocking smile.

"Have a good night Mr. and Mrs. Pardi. I hope you enjoy the rest of the night." Chaeyoung said before walking opposite to the couple Mia with a twisted face.

"Go! What are you all looking at?" Mia barked at the people who were still surrounding her and Peter. Seeing everyone lower their heads and walk away from her, she then turned towards her husband. "She knows!"

"Does she?" Peter asked in a languid tone. He was already expecting that Chaeyoung would know this. Mia is just too dumb to realize that her silly plan will fail.

"She threatened me! I'm sure she knows. Call my grandfather. We needed to abort the plan." Mia panicked. They sent more than thirty of their elite tropes to raid the underground facility. If this is one of Chaeyoung's traps then wouldn't that mean…

Mia felt her pupils dilate as fear started to overcome her. If she will fail then, this will greatly disappoint her uncle Antonio. What if he will not consider Mia as a candidate for the matriarch anymore? She immediately dialed the head of the group that she sent, but only heard a busy tone.

Her heart started to beat even faster as she dialed her grandfather's number. "Grandfather… I think we fell into a trap."

Mia's mind was in shambles. If she will fail this then the fifteen people that she got from her uncle Antonio Pardi will die. She is sure that this news will immediately reach the elders and will affect her reputation.

No… How could Chaeyoung know their plan? Does she have a spy among her trusted maids? Mia started to over think as she waited for her grandfather to answer her. However, she was met with silence. "Grandfather?" she asked. "Are you there?"

"They are all dead." she heard her grandfather's gloomy voice after a few more seconds.

.....

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

29.5K 1.2K 11
one was an aspiring law student who was never a believer of love after losing her parents at such an early age. one was a hopeless romantic free spir...
Me And Her |JENLISA Per Justt

Literatura romàntica

55K 1.5K 35
Jennie, she is the typical rich girl you always saw on movies. She's coming from an influential family, got a cool friends group, spending money with...
59.2K 2.5K 38
What if the person you beg for love before but rejected you several times suddenly asked you to come back and love her again. Jennie Kim and Park Cha...
71.7K 2.8K 21
"Well, the short story is -" Jennie interrupts, "I don't want to hear the short story. I've been watching you sit in that bar, alone, since March. I...