The Heiress

By chaelisabestgirlsx

If Chaeyoung could use any three words to describe herself, she would say that she is rich, beautiful, and ex... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130

Chapter 117

1.1K 70 35
By chaelisabestgirlsx

***

Once again, the room fell into silence as the couple waited for Ashton's answer.

"I would love to give you more time to think about it... But I've heard your enemies are already looking for you. What if…" Chaeyoung widened her eyes and lowered her voice. "What if they find out about your wife and daughter?"

"Alright! I agree!" Ashton blurted out. Chaeyoung's words reminded him that he did not have the luxury to think about things that he was about to leave behind. "Do you have a computer that I can use?"

"I do." She raised an eyebrow. "May I know why you want to use it?"

"I want to give you access to all of the Zhou Empires operations both in this country and online," he explained as he followed Chaeyoung towards the computer. "I don't have the power to introduce you to my people now since most of them are either too scared to show their faces or are already dead. After this, you will be the owner of the Zhou Empire. You will be on your own, Miss Park..."

Chaeyoung and Lisa did not answer Ashton, both of them knew that it would be difficult. However, who said that Chaeyoung would be alone in all of that? She still had Lisa. And that was all she needed to conquer the world.

Of course, all of that was just Lisa's wishful thinking.

However, it did not mean that Lisa would not support her anyway. After all, Lisa was still Chaeyoung's number one supporter.

"Alright... Here are the files. When will you arrange for our new identities?" Ashton asked bluntly after he gave Chaeyoung access to their financial files as well as the operations of the Zhou Empire.

Chaeyoung did not answer him, instead, Lisa handed him a folder and a duffel bag. "This bag contains your disguise information with five hundred thousand dollars cash of untraceable bills. In the folder, you can find your new documents-IDs and passports. After this transaction, you will anonymously leave this hotel with your family and take a private boat towards the nearby island with an airport. Your tickets were already arranged as well as your destination. You will have a new property in a suburban area abroad, and a new job in a small university as a professor. Is it good enough?"

Ashton held his breath the whole time that Lisa was speaking, he did not want to miss a single word from her. "What about my cover?"

"The private boat that you will use to the island will explode in the middle of the sea. Of course, by then you will be on your way to the island on the board of an anonymous passenger boat. Rumors will be spread that you were killed with your family on your way to escape your enemies. As for the people who killed you? No one will find them."

Ashton's eyes glimmered with tears when he heard about Chaeyoung and Lisa's arrangements. "I... I can't thank you enough."

"Here is my number... It's encrypted. You can use it to call me. Don't worry, it's untraceable." Chaeyoung added while giving him a small card with nothing but a bunch of numbers. "There are five numbers on this card. Dial the fourth one to reach me."

Ashton held the card in his hand as he stared at the couple in awe. His eyes were sparkling with gratitude. "Thank you. I wish you all the luck with the Empire," he said sincerely before walking out of the room. Relief was written all over his face. After this, he would be free and safe from his enemies. It was something that he owed to the couple from now on.

.....

Both Chaeyoung and Lisa stared at the bunch of information in front of them. To their surprise, the network of the Zhou Empire went beyond their imagination. No wonder Ashton's grandfather said that they would not profit if they had a deal with the people who asked for their help in Luxembourg.

Just by those files, Chaeyoung could see that the Zhou Empire was a very well-established company that specialized in power. Literally. Plantations and energy factories were their top business. However, it all was just a front for their illegal diamond mine and firearm businesses in various countries.

"Ashton is remarkable." Lisa blurted out after seeing the amount of money that their illegal business was bringing to the Zhou Family.

"He had no choice." Chaeyoung said. "He has offended the Vercello Family."

"You mean?"

"Yes… he might not survive this night." Chaeyoung looked at the window, her gaze becoming dark. The smile on her face that was plastered not too long ago was gone, replaced with coldness. "He did not say it, but for some reason, he has offended the Vercello Family. That's the main reason he wanted to hide and have a new life."

"How did you know that?" Lisa asked even she was not able to get to that kind of conclusion just from Ashton's words.

"It is nothing but an assumption. But think about it. With these resources in hand, who would he fear in the underworld?" Chaeyoung smiled at her as she watched the confusion on Lisa's face vanish. "He offended someone powerful. Someone capable of killing him and his family. Did you see the fear in his eyes when he was talking about the Vercello's?"

"I noticed. I thought it is only normal since he was exposed to the things that the Vercello's has done in the underworld."

"Nah... that was a different kind of fear." She explained before looking at her computer. "I am planning to make a trip to the headquarters of the Zhou Empire after I talk to mother."

"I am fine now. We can go ahead and talk to mother as soon as possible," Lisa said, feeling a little gloomy inside. The feeling of incompetence once again knocked her heart. For some reason, Lisa was starting to feel that she was holding Chaeyoung back.

"What are you thinking?" She asked after sensing Lisa's change of mood. Then, her eyes widened as she realized what Lisa was thinking about. She immediately turned her body towards her and hooked her arms around Lisa's neck. "Lili… I am nothing without you. Always remember that!"

Seeing Lisa narrow her eyes at her, Chaeyoung immediately laughed. "Alright... That's not true. Hahahah."

"Seriously… how could I accomplish all of this without you?" She beamed at Lisa.

"Hmmmm… My good looks are indeed very beneficial."

Chaeyoung widened her eyes at her wife's words. "Mrs. Manoban... I did not know that you had this side of you."

"What side?" Lisa feigned ignorance. "Don't tell me you were about to call me a narcissist?"

"Good guess!"

"Mrs. Manoban… I am not a narcissist." Lisa pursed her lips at her.

Once again, Chaeyoung laughed at her reaction. "Saying that you are not a narcissist just proves that you are one."

"Alright, Mrs. Manoban… let me ask you this… do you know that a narcissist means loving oneself too much?"

"Of course!"

"Then, answer me… how can I love myself that much when I have already given every bit of love that I have to you?"

"..." Chaeyoung cringe at her wife's words.

......

On the next day, Chaeyoung went to have a meeting with the ministers to inform them about her plans. However, to everyone's surprise, Chaeyoung did not show her true self to the ministers. Instead, she used software that she was able to develop before. It was a hologram video calling software that could be used on a computer.

Everyone was surprised and was somewhat happy. They were already aware that Chaeyoung was Gideon's heir. So, having her meant that they would also have that type of technology soon. Wouldn't that make Luxembourg even more powerful?

However, their excitement died down when Chaeyoung announced the objective of their meeting. And that was to make Secretary Jia the King. Everyone was wondering how could Chaeyoung do that when it was her who supposed to rule the country. Did Secretary Jia coerce her in doing that? Was she being threatened?

A lot of ministers eventually voiced out their dissatisfaction. However, in the end, Chaeyoung was able to suppress everyone with her quick wits and smart comebacks. Her reasoning was actually very simple and somewhat narcissistic.

She showed them what she could do and told them how they were unable to tie her when a world full of wonders was waiting for her talents out there!

Secretary Jia and the other ministers did not know if they should laugh or cry at Chaeyoung's silly reason. Who else would use that kind of naive reason to escape being crowned as a Queen? Why did it seem that Miss Park was doing everything to decline that opportunity?

Did that mean that Luxembourg was not wonderful enough in her eyes?

She was indeed very talented, however, they never thought that Chaeyoung would use such a reason to get away from them. But in the end, they were not able to refute her.

The ministers could only give Chaeyoung fake smiles and nod as she continued her explanation about the world's great need of outstanding individual like her. Sweat started to pour from the old men and women backs as they realized something important from her words.

Why was Miss Park talking about the world's problems? Was she trying to conquer the whole world?

In the end, was that the reason she refused such an opportunity to become their Queen? Was it because Luxembourg's richness and power were not enough to satisfy her?

...

Meanwhile, in the most prominent hospital in the West, a gloomy aura seemed to suffocate everyone in a meeting room. Everyone lowered their heads, unable to even glance at the fox-like man in front of them.

"So… you are saying that there is no way for us to branch out in the East now when the Lee Family has been defeated?" He smiled at the older man to his left. His tone was gentle, however, coupled with his chilly smile and strong accent his words still sounded domineering.

"Yes, Mr. President. However, I have heard that the Zhou Family encountered a big problem and was obliterated overnight… we could..."

"You mean that you want to take over the Zhou Empire?"

"Yes, Mr. President, Sir."

"Hmmmm… I'm glad that you even thought of that." The man nodded. "Investigate the Zhou Family's death. They must have offended someone capable. We can't offend that person. Also… send more spies to the Lee Family and find out what has happened, why can't we contact them? Why aren't they talking to us?"

"And most importantly…" he narrowed his eyes at everyone. "Find out everything about Chaeyoung Park and Lisa Manoban."

....

After Chaeyoung settled everything with Secretary Jia and the other ministers, it was immediately decided that she would go to see Claire and Henry Lee. Since they wanted it to be a secret, Chaeyoung and Lisa keep their departure from Luxembourg unknown to anyone.

"That woman made Secretary Jia from the Jia family a King!" The Second Elder fumed. How dare that Chaeyoung help an outsider over her own family? On top of that, she did not hesitate to imprison them in this godforsaken chamber and threaten to obliterate the whole Lee Family.

"Does she want to keep us here forever?"

"That woman wanted us to just watch as she changes this country. She is extremely shrewd! We need to find a way to get out of this place without her detection!" Another elder chimed in.

"How?" The Third Elder asked. "We have already seen what happens when we try to move our asses out of here!"

"Give me a laptop." The Second Elder said. "Now!"

Another elder immediately gave him a laptop. He then started typing and gave everyone a smile. "As expected, she did not expect us to know how to use a computer. I was able to send an email to him."

Everyone inside the room immediately let out a sigh of relief, except for the First Elder. He only frowned and looked at the laptop in front of the Second Elder.

"Second, did the email went through that easily?" He asked.

"Of course. Why didn't you even think about this before? Hmp! If we depend on that brain of yours always, I bet we would stay here forever." The Second Elder gave him a smug smile. However, contrary to the Second elder's expectation, the First Elder did not rebut his words.

Instead, he lowered his head in contemplation. He had already thought of that method before but he thought that Chaeyoung would not be that naive to forget to block this method. She had already blocked them from using their phones. It would be almost impossible for her to forgot about this method.

"Second, when did you send the email? Is it sent directly to them?" He asked.

"Of course! What's the use of knowing that man if he can't help us?"

Seeing the First Elder's unpleasant reaction, the Second Elder added. "Don't feel too bad about this. This is not a competition, I am only doing this for all of us."

The First Elder's face darkened, even more, when he heard the Second Elder's righteous words. "I don't feel bad about it, you dimwit! However, did you really think that Chaeyoung would be that dumb to leave that option so we can contact anyone and ask for their help?"

His words instantly made everyone inside the room silent. The First Elder was right, Chaeyoung was not that dumb and careless. She would not make that kind of obvious mistake unless…

"That's right, you fool! We just fell into Chaeyoung's trap!" The First Elder bellowed, his eyes red as he glared at the Second Elder. If his guess was right, then Chaeyoung had deliberately left that option for them to contact the one backing them.

Now that she already achieved her goal, then…

....

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung was smiling from ear to ear while looking at her computer screen. She was on her way to see her mother and Henry when she received an alert. The Lee Elders had successfully fallen into her trap.

"Miss Park, the package had been delivered. It is safe and secured." She heard Jin mutter. He was talking about Ashton and his family. Even though someone had tried to attack them while they were on their way to the island, Ashton and his family were still safe and sound.

"Hmmm…" she murmured before gesturing Jin to leave her.

"Did they fall into it?" Lisa asked. She did not miss Chaeyoung's elated expression just a while ago.

"Yes. After tracking the email it… was sent to…" she made a deliberate pause while waiting for the data on her computer. "A country in the West. To be specific... It's in Germany."

Lisa instantly furrowed her brows. "Germany?" Lisa asked. Lisa never mentioned it to Chaeyoung before but she had actually been to Germany for her training back then.

"Yes." She nodded. "It was sent to an establishment in their capital city."

"If I am right, then that should be the people backing them," she added before smiling to herself.

"Are you laying another trap?" Lisa asked.

She immediately nodded at Lisa's question. "If the people backing the Lee's are indeed someone from the Vercello's, then I will not be surprised. However, if they think that they can still get ahold of that satellite, then they are wrong."

"So… Wrong." Then she pressed the enter key on her computer.

....

Chaeyoung and Lisa arrived at the island where Claire and Henry were staying. Since Henry was still in a coma, Chaeyoung and Lisa only talked to her mother.

Claire started telling Chaeyoung about what had happened that day.

"So, all of your comrades are dead?"

"Except for Henry, yes." Claire nodded.

Chaeyoung turned silent at her mother's words. Claire just told her that she and her team were the ones responsible for that explosion. However, she felt the most guilt since she was the one who pressed the trigger to blow up that place.

Moreover, they were not aware of the existence of the kids until she made an investigation about it afterward.

"So, you think that father was related to the people who wanted to blow up that place?"

Once again, Claire nodded. "You are right. I think he knows the people responsible for the order. But he doesn't know that I was assigned for that mission."

"But why run away, instead of being honest with him?"

"I thought he was some mafia member, alright? Herny has not told me who he really is at first. I even thought he was assigned to spy on me." Claire explained. "I left when someone started following me around."

"So, those people…"

"I think they are from the Vercello Family." Claire interrupted her. Before giving her a stack of papers composed of some photographs and news articles.

Chaeyoung instantly looked through the files and furrowed her brows. "This…"

"I believe that the Vercello family has done that." Claire said. "All of that."

Chaeyoung once again looked at the news articles in front of her. All of that news articles involved murders, drugs, trafficking and civil wars. With all that data, she could already predict that the Vercello Family was not an easy target.

"The kids that you have killed… were they…" she looked at her mother, her gaze unfathomable. "Were they a part of the Vercello family's drug experiments?"

"You already know?" Claire's eyes widened. It was something that she found out after months of research. Yet, her daughter just guessed it in a matter of days. Claire immediately felt a surging pride of a mother.

"I guessed. I have talked to a person who said that the Vercello's are making potent medications. I am not an expert in the medical industry but I know that this type of medications needs to be tested on a living person."

Claire's gaze turned gloomy when she heard Chaeyoung's words. "You are right. I came to the conclusion that those kids were already dead before I... I blew them up."

"Tell me, Mother… tell me everything that you know about the Vercello Family."

"Why?" Claire asked. "Don't… don't tell me that you are planning to become their rival?" She then got up from her seat, disbelief written all over her face. "Chae! You can't do that! You..."

"The Vercello's is the untouchables. They have been like that for hundreds of years," she added.

"Mother, calm down. Take your seat, and let's talk." Chaeyoung calmly said. She was silently wondering why would her mother act this way. "You were supposed to be the Matriarch of the Vercello Family. You were already involved in the underworld without grandfather's knowledge back then. Why did you decide against becoming one of them?"

Claire scoffed at her words. "What Matriarch? Do you believe everyone's story about the Vercello Family?"

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Chae… The only way to become a Matriarch is to marry the person that they ask you to marry." Claire said.

Chaeyoung's face instantly turned into a scowl. "So, Grandmother…"

"Yes… that woman left my father, so she could marry an unknown man and become the Vercello Family's Matriarch." Seeing Chaeyoung lower her head, Claire continued. "The Vercello's is all about power and influence. For them, love and marriage are two different things. Now… I hope you understand why I chose to marry Jacob Park and hide you away from that chaotic world." She let out a sigh.

"I don't want you to become everyone's target. I don't want you to become like me," she added. "If the Vercello Family gets to know that you have already married Lisa… they might even... The man who was supposed to be your husband is allowed to eliminate Lisa."

"This…" Chaeyoung and Lisa's expressions darkened when they heard Chaeyoung's words. "Do you think it's possible that Grandmother has left Grandfather because she was afraid that someone would kill him?"

"Also... why… May I know why no one has ever tried to kill Jacob? What about the person who was supposed to marry you? Did he give up? Did he know about my real father?"

.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.3K 3.9K 54
THIRD BOOK IN THE YELLOW SERIES By now, Lisa and Chaeyoung both know to expect the unexpected. But you can never be prepared, especially when their l...
55.9K 1.9K 42
Chaeyoung's father is put on life support, and becoming Lisa Manoban's girlfriend is her last chance at paying his bills. It was supposed to be about...
48.3K 2.3K 24
The same girl who turned into the teenager whose heart I broke years ago. The same teenager who's now a woman with a hardass personality to match. I...
101K 5.5K 52
Park Chaeyoung has an ordinary genius life in the Ultara Academy, but then something about her begins to change. A presence of a beautiful, yet myste...