The Heiress

Av chaelisabestgirlsx

If Chaeyoung could use any three words to describe herself, she would say that she is rich, beautiful, and ex... Mer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130

Chapter 116

1.1K 73 22
Av chaelisabestgirlsx

***

"So, you are saying that you gave Lisa the pain killer, which Secretary Jia has given you before?" Chaeyoung asked as she furrowed her brows.

"Yes, Miss Park, I believe this medicine is something that has been given by the King personally to all of his close ministers. This is a luxury… A miraculous medicine that can suppress the pain and make the wound heal faster. Ms. Manoban is actually very lucky that Secretary Jia has given her this medicine." The doctor explained before sipping from the cup of tea in front of him.

"See? I told you not to worry! I am actually feeling very fine. My wound is healing perfectly." She heard Lisa mutter next to her.

Chaeyoung did not say anything else, as the doctor and Lisa continued talking about her wound and how to make it heal even faster. She carefully pondered at the doctor's words. She was very curious about that medicine. However, she knew that asking the Lee Family would only alert them and asking Secretary Jia would only make him suspicious.

Chaeyoung mentally took note of having Lisa's blood checked after the doctor left. She then excused herself to take care of more important things considering Luxembourg.

....

On the next day, Secretary Jia came to see Chaeyoung at exactly eight in the morning. To say that he was excited to see her was actually an understatement. He had already wanted to talk to her the day after the incident but he was very busy taking care of the aftermath of that incident.

Now that he finally had the time to see her, he was not planning to waste the opportunity and was determined to talk to her about her ascension to the throne.

"Secretary Jia, please take a seat. Pardon my current appearance." Chaeyoung said the moment he arrived at the living room of Chaeyoung's hotel suite.

"Miss Park, I only saw two bodyguards outside of this place. I think it is better if I assign more men for your security after all…"

"Don't bother, Secretary Jia… I am planning to leave this country as soon as Lisa's wound is healed… Addition security will only be a waste of resources."

"Eh?" Secretary Jia looked at her as questions started to become visible in his eyes. "What do you mean by leaving? Aren't… Aren't you going to ascend and become the first Queen?"

Chaeyoung only stifled a laugh at his words. "Who told you that?"

"Miss Park, you… Are you telling me that you will not become our Queen?" Secretary Jia asked, his tone full of disbelief. If she was not going to rule the country, then… who will become the next monarch?

Sensing the questions in his eyes, Chaeyoung immediately beamed at the old man. "Secretary Jia, this is the reason I have asked you to come here." She then handed him a thick stack of printed papers. "I have drafted a new constitution for this country. I want you and the other ministers to consider it. The monarchy will be dissolved and a democratic government will be established."

The old man stared at Chaeyoung intently before pinching his leg. Was he dreaming? Chaeyoung actually offered to dissolve the monarchy. Was she proposing to change the government entirely? "Miss Park, I don't want to offend you. But… I believe we can't do this now. After the terrorist attack and the destruction of the Zhou Family, the citizens are all hyped up. Our King has just died. Everyone is uneasy, you can see it in the current standing of our country in the Global Market. Some investors have already sold their shares in our businesses in fear that chaos will ensue after the King's death."

"The situation in the country is not really good. We need someone to rule the country. We can't change the government structure now." He added, hoping that Chaeyoung would consider his words. After all, he was only speaking the truth.

Secretary Jia was very familiar with the things that had been happening both inside and outside of the palace, because of that, his knowledge about Luxembourg was very detailed in every aspect. He was able to immediately analyze the possible effects of changing the government structure in the situation at hand.

Chaeyoung could only nod at his words. He was actually very correct. The Global Market was in turmoil because of Gideon's death and it would surely affect the country sooner or later. "You are right. I have actually overestimated my plan," she answered seriously.

"So, are you willing to become our Queen now? We can do it temporarily. You just need to become the Queen and appoint a Prime Minister, then as long as the market calms down, you can propose to change the government structure. I'm sure many will agree with you at that time. This way, there will be no chaos. We can settle everything peacefully, without affecting the whole country.

"Are you willing to become our new Queen, Miss Park?"

Secretary Jia was actually thinking that Chaeyoung would immediately say yes to him. After all, who wouldn't want to rule a country? Moreover, Chaeyoung was extremely talented and smart, it would surely benefit them to have a leader like her.

However, to his surprise, Chaeyoung only smiled at him before shaking her head. "Secretary Jia… I am a newly wedded woman. I can't afford to rule a country and leave my wife alone. We just got married. I don't want to neglect her."

"Eh?" Secretary Jia did not know if he wanted to laugh or cry at Chaeyoung's statement. He was asking her to rule a country and she was talking about being newly married… wait... "Did you just say 'married'?" His eyes immediately widened as the realization hit him. "I... Wow! Congratulations!" Now, Secretary Jia understood why Chaeyoung acted the way she did when she heard that Lisa had got shot.

"Thank you, Secretary Jia." Chaeyoung said, her eyes sparkling, as her lips lifted into a smile.

"Now… let's talk about who will rule this country."

At her words, Secretary Jia's expression instantly turned serious. "Who would you recommend? I believe we can have someone from the Lee Family. We can consult the Lee Family elders to make sure… "

"You." Chaeyoung interrupted him. "I don't want anyone from the Lee Family. I want you to rule this country."

The old man immediately paled after her words. What did she mean by that?

"You heard me right. I want you to rule this country until it becomes stable."

"But… the people won't allow that… they…"

"They will accept you."

"Miss Park, please don't treat this like a joke. I can't be the King. I am a mere…"

"I will talk to the ministers tomorrow and will appeal to the people the next day after that. I will tell them that this is what Gideon wanted. To have someone like you to rule the country." She said before getting up from her seat. "This has been a very fruitful meeting, Your Highness… I will see you with the minister's tomorrow," she said before looking at Jin. "My subordinate will walk you out."

Seeing Chaeyoung's disinterest in talking further, Secretary Jia could only follow her orders and leave the room.

"Are you sure about that?" Chaeyoung heard Lisa ask. It turned out she was listening to their conversation for some time now. "Do you want him to rule?"

"Why not? He will be a smart leader. I believe he will be better than Gideon." Chaeyoung said.

Lisa did not answer Chaeyoung as she watched her approach her computer and type something.

"How's the Lee Family?" Lisa asked.

"Still the same. One elder fainted last night. They thought they could use that method to make me send him to the hospital." She said. "Too bad, I'd rather let them die than take a step out of that place." Chaeyoung sneered inwardly. The satellite was programmed to change all the signal frequency of that area. It was programmed to intercept all outgoing calls but let the incoming calls through.

"I found something interesting," she added before opening a new window on her computer. "I have checked the accident that involved my mother back then..."

"The children's bodies that were killed were too burnt to be recognized. The authorities were not able to confirm if the kids were already dead at the time of the fire," she explained as she showed Lisa the copy of the reports that she was able to hack.

"That's reasonable." Lisa said. "However… if they were already dead before the fire even started…" Lisa made a deliberate pause before she continued. "Do you think the people responsible for the orders were trying to cover up another crime aside from human trafficking?"

Chaeyoung immediately nodded. "Actually, the most interesting part is… those kids came from the East. It only means they were kidnapped somewhere in the East."

"That is indeed very interesting… do you think... mother knows about this?"

"Maybe. I need to talk to her first, to make sure of it." Chaeyoung stated. "I have a suspicion that this trafficking was somehow connected to the Lee Family. Think about it, Lis. They have brought my father up since he was a kid. Trained him, clothed him, feed him. But, he did not hesitate to leave them and act as if they were just someone that he just used."

"What if… my father knew about the Lee Family's crimes? I mean… he should have. But what if their crimes were so evil, that he could not take it anymore? Oh… gosh… that sounds insane. Sorry... These are all only my assumptions." She shook her head before she felt Lisa massage her temples. She did not even know when Lisa approached her.

"You are exhausted." It wasn't a question. It was a statement, a declaration.

Chaeyoung only smiled at her words, she chose not to say anything as she continued typing on her computer.

*DING*

"Hey, stop it. Look at this," she said as she opened an email and showed it to Lisa.

"Ashton?" Lisa raised an eyebrow. "The real name is Lee Dong-Wook, twenty-nine years old, married. It seems that he was telling the truth."

Chaeyoung did not answer Lisa as her lips turned into a beautiful smile. "About his wife-Yes… about everything else-No."

She then got up from her seat and dialed Ashton's number, telling him to come to see her as soon as possible.

"You want his empire?" Lisa blurted out as she continued reading the information in front of her.

"We can use it," she said nonchalantly as if she was not talking about the biggest criminal group in Luxembourg but about something trivial. "I need to clarify some things with my mother, then, I want to find my father."

"Rosie…" Lisa got up and walked towards her. "That… Your father has dared to venture the West in hopes that he could look for your mother. The west is not somewhere you can just run around freely. We don't know if…"

"I know, Lisa." She said, walking towards the floor to ceiling windows that were also the doors to the terrace of their suite room. Chaeyoung then stared outside, at the busy streets of the city. "The Lee Family has ties to the person who is trying to kill my mother. I think my father knows these people. That's why he chose to hide while looking for my mother."

"How sure are you that he is indeed hiding?"

"My mother was not able to find him. With her skills, it's either my father was deliberately trying to hide or… he is already dead."

"But why would he hide?"

"Well… that question will be answered once I talk to my mother."

Their conversation was interrupted when Jin entered the room and told them that Ashton was asking to see her.

"That quick?" Chaeyoung glance at Lisa before looking at Jin. "Let him in."

After a few minutes, both Chaeyoung and Lisa went to the living room of the suite to talk to him.

"Miss Park…" he respectfully rose from his seat to greet Chaeyoung.

"Please, take your seat, Your Highness… I don't deserve such courtesy." She smiled at him. However, for some reason, Ashton felt chills down his spine when he saw Chaeyoung's smile. It was supposed to be amicable, yet he was somehow feeling a little scared.

"Miss Park… is there anything wrong?" He asked, worry apparent on his face. What if Chaeyoung wouldn't agree to his requests? Where would he hide from the people who wanted to take over the Zhou Empire in the underworld?

"Ashton… I will agree to your request." She said, her smile did not falter.

However, Ashton did not feel relieved at her words. The more he looked at Chaeyoung's smiling face the more he felt something was definitely wrong with her. What could that be?

"However, I want something in return," as expected, Chaeyoung's next words came like a lightning towards Ashton. Chaeyoung had already had everything. What else could she want from him?

"Miss… Miss Park, the information that I have given you should be enough, right?" He hesitated, rumor had it that this woman was extremely smart. She should know by now that he was telling the truth.

"Don't be so nervous, Ashton... I won't bite..."

"Ehem."

Chaeyoung chuckled when she heard Lisa. "At least not to you."

Seeing the seemingly harmonious interaction between Lisa and Chaeyoung, Ashton became even more puzzled. Her demand should not be something outrageous, right?

'Maybe, she just wants more information,' he thought.

"Please, tell me… What do you want in exchange?" He asked.

"I have two presumptuous requests." She answered directly. "First, tell me everything about the medicine from the Lee Family. Since you are originally from the Zhou Family you should know these things."

"I…" Ashton immediately lowered his head when he heard her words. Of course, Chaeyoung would have a way to know that. "I always thought that Miss Park would not know about this... But it seems you are exactly like the rumors say."

Chaeyoung did not answer his words. She simply looked at the snacks that were served by Jin before turning her attention towards Ashton. "That is not an answer to my question."

In response, Ashton let out a long sigh. "This information… I am not really confident about my knowledge about that stuff. But I believe I know enough."

"I hope whatever it is that I tell you won't leave this room." He added.

"Miss Park, are you familiar with the Vercello Family from the West?"

"Tell me more." Chaeyoung said, not even a crack was seen in her perfect facial expression. However, Lisa, who was next to her, felt her body briefly still when she heard the Vercello family's name.

"Mr. Lee... of course, we know about the Vercello Family, who doesn't?" Lisa answered, as she slowly put her arms around Chaeyoung's waist; a gesture that instantly made her feel secure.

Seeing Chaeyoung continue smiling and Lisa's friendly tone, Ashton eventually relaxed and continued, "Not many people know this but the Vercello family is involved in pharmaceuticals and connected to a lot of hospitals abroad. No one actually knows who they are or what they look like, but there are some rumors underworld. It is rumored that they are not a blood-related family but a group of influential people from all around the world. Prominent doctors, lawyers, presidents, tycoons, you name it."

"So? What does this have to do with that Medicine?"

"Well… it is rumored that the Vercello family has a hidden establishment, which has developed a drug that boosts strength and promotes faster healing. That medicine became a commodity in underworld… It is something that is always sold out and is highly sought after, especially by people who have ties with criminal groups."

"So, the Lee Family got a hold of it and just gave it to some of their subordinates?" Lisa asked.

In response, Ashton nodded. "Yes."

Chaeyoung did not answer Ashton, she lowered her head in deep contemplation. The accident that her mother had caused before keep flashing in her mind. Was it possible that…

"Ashton, you said that this establishment is a secret, right?" She asked and continued when she saw Ashton nod. "Do you think… no, nevermind." She shook her head. "Anyway… I was just interested. This is nothing but a casual question."

Ashton immediately understood Chaeyoung's words. "I understand, Miss Park… the Vercello Family is not something that you can offend. Though, they say that they are made from powerful figures all over the world. It is still ruled by Lady Vercello. She might be a little old now but... She is still as ruthless as before. No one will dare to underestimate her."

Chaeyoung just raised an eyebrow at him. "Oh? You seemed to be very familiar with these people."

"I spent a lot of time dealing with the people from the underworld. Actually, more than ten years already. I have heard a lot of things." After observing Chaeyoung's expression, he continued, "You seem to be interested in the Vercello Family, you can ask me for more information. I will do my best to answer any of your questions."

"We are not particularly interested in the Vercello family. We are more interested in this miraculous medicine that you are talking about." It was Lisa who answered Ashton. They couldn't let anyone think that they were asking about the Vercello Family.

Lisa's thinking was actually simple. Not many people knew that Chaeyoung was a Vercello. However, some of the Vercello Family's enemies might know about that. They couldn't take any risks.

Lisa was sure that those people knew about Chaeyoung's disinterest in high status and otherworldly things. Her refusal to be a Queen was already enough to prove that. If they got a hold of Chaeyoung asking about the Vercello Family, then wouldn't they misinterpret it as interest towards the Matriarch Position?

If this happened it would be really easy for them to kill Chaeyoung to prevent her from achieving her goals.

If Lisa's guess was right, the only reason they were reluctant to hurt Chaeyoung at that moment, was because some people from the Vercello Family were watching over her. It made them reluctant to take actions.

Lisa knew that she couldn't break this brief moment of peace they had at the moment. Not when a single question could change everything and endanger her life even more.

"Of course... Of course…" Ashton smiled at them while chastising himself in silence. Why would they be interested in the Vercello Family? Of course, they were eyeing the medicine that everyone wanted. "Well, that medicine is something that is auctioned every now and then. You can actually visit some well-known underworld cities and ask around about it."

"Well, that leads us to the second thing that I want." Chaeyoung lifted her head, directly giving him a smile.

"Sure… what is it, Miss Park?" He also smiled at her as he slowly composed himself. He might just be overthinking things. Chaeyoung's question should be a harmless one. He should not feel afraid of her smile. He instantly calmed himself inwardly before sipping the tea that was served earlier.

However, who would have thought that Chaeyoung's next words would make him spit out the tea…

Ashton instantly paled at Chaeyoung's question.

No, it was not even a question. It was a bold statement.

"I'm sorry? I think I heard it wrong…"

"You heard me right... Ashton." Once again, she gave him a smile, something that looks amiable. However, Ashton knew that the gleam in her eyes was the exact opposite of that.

"I want the Zhou Empire!"

"Miss Park… you must be joking. Please, don't say such things… this…" Ashton was forced to swallow the words that he wanted to say when he saw the serious look on both Chaeyoung and Lisa's faces. "You are serious..." he stated.

"Yes, we are." Lisa said. "Since you don't want the Zhou Empire and want to have a safe life with your daughter and wife, then…" Lisa did not continue her words as she stared intently at Ashton.

Ashton instantly felt discomfort from Lisa's stare and Chaeyoung's smile as sweat started to drench his back. He wondered if they know the problems that he encountered recently from the people who wanted to take over the Zhou Empire in the underworld.

"Ashton... Since you showed up to talk to me, I always wondered why a capable heir like you would come and ask for my protection." Chaeyoung started. "I made a thorough research about your background. Then, I found out the true reason…"

"I… Miss Park, I did not lie to you."

"Of course, you did not. You just withhold a small part of the information... No big deal." She shrugged. "I understand that you have offended a lot of people in the underworld. Now that the Zhou Family is close to nonexistent, it will be normal for them to look for you and want your head. After all, no one is backing you now."

"I want to acquire the Zhou Empire's operations in the underworld. Think about it. I am doing this to help you and your family out. After taking over, I will make sure that you and your family are safe. I can give you a new life, new identity, new job. You can live in peace, while I deal with your family business. Isn't it a great deal?"

"Miss… Park... I…" Ashton lowered his head in contemplation. Was this the reason Chaeyoung did not want the throne? Because she wanted to become the Queen of the underworld instead? Wasn't that... too... courageous of her? After all, Chaeyoung was still a woman. And the underworld was a place where women were mostly underestimated.

Of course, with the exception of the lady of the Vercello Family, as she was known to rule the biggest Criminal Organization in the West.

However, now that Ashton thought about it, ruling a criminal group as a woman should not be that hard. Moreover, Chaeyoung was fully capable of doing that. She was not only talented but very smart as well. With her outstanding skills and wits, it was not really impossible for her to run a criminal group as big as the Zhou Empire.

"So?" Chaeyoung asked, her eyes turning crescent. The longer Ashton watched Chaeyoung's smile, the more suffocated he felt. There was no threat in her words, yet there was something different in her eyes. As if... there was a barrier… something that was blocking him from seeing Chaeyoung's real thoughts.

Chaeyoung's smile was the exact opposite of the Lisa's chilly one. In fact, people could even call her smile warm and welcoming. But he still couldn't help but feel danger coming from her.

Of course, Ashton was not aware of the betrayal that had happened inside the bunker that day. Though Chaeyoung was not really that emotionally hurt because of Gideon's actions, she also could not deny the fact that it totally changed her perspective as an individual.

For Chaeyoung, no one… except Lisa was worthy of her trust anymore. The changes that had happened in her state of mind were not something that she had achieved just overnight. It was something that took her some time to analyze.

Chaeyoung realized that in a world where money and power were the only motivation, betrayal was a usual phenomenon. And the only person whom she could trust was the person who was willing to beat death and come back, just to let her know how much she loved her. Of course, Chaeyoung was fully aware that the woman next to her could also betray her anytime, but she still chose to trust her.

You may ask why?!

Because for Chaeyoung it was better to trust one person now and regret it later than to not trust anyone and be wary even during her sleep. For her, it was better to have, at least, one company with whom she could be herself, eat and sleep without worry. And most importantly someone, whom she could show her weakness.

After all, Chaeyoung might not be a damsel in distress, but she was still human. She might not need someone's protection but her heart still longed for love and affection.

Some people in this world might call that weakness, but for Chaeyoung, it was a strength.

A strength, to face her emotions and fears.

......

Rosé 🥵 🔥 🔥🔥

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

583K 15.4K 21
In which Jennie Kim breaks up with her boyfriend and goes back to Lisa because she just realizes that the one she truly loves is not him but her. **...
48.3K 2.3K 24
The same girl who turned into the teenager whose heart I broke years ago. The same teenager who's now a woman with a hardass personality to match. I...
29.5K 1.2K 11
one was an aspiring law student who was never a believer of love after losing her parents at such an early age. one was a hopeless romantic free spir...
773K 23.4K 62
[Fck Buddies] It wasn't like she had a choice in this matter. She knows she never had a choice anyways. After all, that girl was irresistible, who is...