Falling for Death

By magdalenaandi

Book 1 in The Life and Death Duet This is the story of a boy who didn't think he could ever love somebody an... More

Shadow
Bakery
Interesting
Thoughts
Okay
Playlist
Party
Late
Secrets
Friends
Maybe
Dream
Something
Fight
Heated
Memories
Deja vu
Gone
Life and death
Picture perfect
Before
Why me
Drained to nothing
Part of me
Reason
Date
Again
Therapy
Together
Shopping
One day
Promise
Traitor
Apart
Hate or love
Drivers license
The end of the world
Home
Anything
Dangerous
Hero
Perfect
Bloody valentine
Dance with the devil
Confession
Future
Flowers
Speechless
Her
It always ends
Loved and lost
Move on
Strangers
Life goes on
One last time
New beginnings
The one that got away
Epilogue
Author's note

This way

11K 249 645
By magdalenaandi

Harper

I ran out of the living room and rushed upstairs, Ace right on my heels.

"You'll never catch me!" I yelled at him. His laugh filled the air.

I loved this side of him.

"You sure about that?" I ran upstairs.

"Yes!" I dashed into my room and locked the door behind me. His footsteps approached quickly then he stopped, realizing what I did.

"You can't hide from me Harper." I laughed through the door.

"You sound like the killer in horror movies."

"Open the door!"

"No."

"Harper." he warned. He sounded kind of sad.

Don't give in bitch.

But my heart got the best of me.

"If I open the door. You have to promise not to do anything." he was quiet again.

"I promise."

"Okay." I slowly unlocked my door and as soon as I opened it, he barged in.

I screamed loudly when I felt his strong arms grab my waist and he tackled me onto my bed.

I was blushing madly.

"Ace!" his lips formed into an evil smirk.

"Take it back." I shook my head.

"You really did look like him." he pinned my arms to beside my head.

My heartbeat quickened.

"Say sorry."

"No."

With his body pressed against mine, I couldn't help but think-

No stop.

Our lips were millimetres apart. His eyes stared into mine sensually. The feeling between my legs intensified.

My boobs were literally pushed up against his chest.

My stomach churned in nervousness as I wasn't used to being this close to someone. But I didn't mind.

It felt so right in this moment.

Like I didn't need to be scared at all. Only he could make me feel like this. And that was the only thing that worried me.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Getting attached to him so quickly.

Probably bad but I mean I'm already starting to fall so there's not much I can do about that.

I snapped back into reality when he pinched my ass hard. I yelped in surprise.

When did he get so touchy...

I like it though.

He licked his lips and raised an eyebrow at me.

"What are you thinking about sweet cheeks?"

"Definitely not you." the mischievous glint in his eyes only intensified.

"The way your body reacted against mine says otherwise." I shifted under him.

My stomach fluttered with butterflies as those words left his mouth.

"Lies! I'm just really comfy." he groaned.

"Stop fucking moving."

Then I felt it.

Something hard poked my upper thigh.

What.

"What is that. Is it your phone?" I said, reaching for it. He clenched his jaw.

"No it's not." then what-

Wait.

My eyes widened as realization hit me.

He laid there, on top of me, not seeming fazed at all.

"Ace!" I screeched. He chuckled darkly.

"Oh my gosh, get off of me!" Now, I didn't exactly want him to because I liked being in his arms but come on, I could feel his thingy poking me.

What the fuck?

Do I really have that effect on him?

Yes you do stupid.

I gulped.

His erection went away and he got off of me. I sat up, my cheeks probably tainted pink.

I whined and gave him a fake pout, stretching my arms wide for him to come back.

"You wanted me to get off." I sighed dramatically.

"I know but now I want you to come back." he groaned and laid back down on top of me. I grinned and played with his fluffy hair.

"I like it when you do that."

"Yeah?" he hummed in response. His voice was muffled because he buried his face in the crook of my neck. I tensed up as he inhaled deeply.

"Why do you always do that?"

"What?"

"Dude, you're like sniffing me." he froze.

Oh no.

"Who the fuck are you calling dude." I laughed.

"Um you."

Obviously.

"I'm not your fucking dude." he mumbled, snuggling his face deeper in my neck and brushing his lips on my sensitive spot.

I shivered at his touch and bit my lip to suppress a moan.

I felt him smirk.

He started kissing my neck and I couldn't help it anymore. Quiet moans escaped my lips, and that only encouraged him.

He cursed under his breath as he continued trailing kisses all over my neck and I wanted this feeling to last forever.

"You're going to leave a hickey!" he bit down gently.

"I'm trying to make a point."

"What point." I breathed out.

"That I'm not just a 'dude' to you."

"But it's going to be there for a long time!" I actually don't mind.

"I don't give a shit."

"Ace." I moaned out.

"Do that again." I did as he said.

Then he stopped and I immediately wished he hadn't but that went away when he captured my lips with his.

We kissed for what felt like a really long time, simply enjoying the feel of our bodies so close to one another, our lips colliding in sync. Everything about the way he kissed me was just... perfect.

Sure we weren't experts when it came to things like this but he's an amazing kisser. I could only hope that I am too.

By the time we had stopped, we were both absolutely breathless.

"I like kissing you." he said.

"Me too."

I slowly sat up.

"Oh and for the record. You're not just some dude to me, Acey."

"Good."

I stared at him.

Then I grabbed one of my pillows and whacked it in his direction.

He threw it right back, messing up my hair even more than it already was. I gasped loudly.

He tried to keep a blank expression but his lips twitched up, exposing his amusement.

I narrowed my eyes at him and chucked the pillow harder back at him.

He got on his knees then proceeded to tackle me onto the bed again.

I screamed and managed to get him off of me. I got up from my bed but as I was about to run away, I tripped on my own feet.

Idiot.

But before I could fall, he caught me.

His quiet laughter was enough to make my knees weak. I loved the way his dimples became so much more visible. It made my heart melt. I was slowly getting to know the real him and I was more than happy about that.

He brushed a few strands of my hair away from my face, tucking them behind my ear.

"You should be more careful."

"I know." the serious look on his face made me burst out laughing again.

He placed me back on the bed. After a few minutes, I calmed down a little and he was still staring at me.

His eyes never leaving me for a second.

"What? Is there something on my face?"

"No but..." I was getting genuinely worried.

"But what?" his eyes flickered down to my neck.

Excuse me-

I got off the bed and went into my bathroom. Looking at myself in the mirror, my eyes widened in horror. There was a huge hickey in my neck, as expected.

He came up from behind me and caged me against the counter.

"Look what you did Ace." I said flatly.

"It's not big enough." He placed his head in the nape of my neck.

I pushed it away. He chuckled and raised his hands in surrender.

"Relax. I won't do anything unless you want me to." I laughed and turned around to face him.

He lifted me onto the counter and slid his hands up and down my thighs, tracing small circles, travelling even further to my upper thigh.

My breath got hitched in my throat.

"Is this alright?" I nodded.

"It feels weird. But it's a good kind of weird." he chuckled quietly. I placed my hands on his shoulders to steady myself.

"I don't know what I'm doing." he mumbled.

"What do you mean?"

"With you. I don't know why I'm acting this way."

"I don't get it. I like the way you are with me." he sighed.

"It just feels strange. I'm not the way I am with you to anyone else. I've never felt like this. I've never wanted to be like this and yet, here I am."

Wow.

"If it helps. I've never felt like this before either."

"That actually does help. I must be special." I laughed.

"Very. You are very special to me." he became less tense.

"I am?"

"Yeah. That and more."

"You are more than special to me as well." I smiled. He stared at me with an expression I couldn't read and suddenly grabbed my hand.

"The things you do to me." he muttered.

"And what might that be?" he didn't answer.

I gave him a confused look, he only shook his head in response and placed my hand on his chest, the side where his heart was. I stared at our intertwined hands.

That warmth bubbling in my chest again.

I gasped, feeling his heartbeat. It was beating fast.

"You feel it?" I nodded.

"That's how I feel when I'm with you." Me too.

"I'm only this way for you, Harper." I was in loss of words.

"Say something baby." he whispered, his words painfully rolling off his tongue.

I squeezed his hand, letting him know that I feel that way too. My heart beating at that same pace.

I let out a nervous laugh.

"Did you just call me baby?" he shrugged.

"I'll stop if you don't like it."

"No it's not that! But I like sweet cheeks better."

"So you admit it." Yes now leave me alone.

"Acey." I teased.

"Did I ever mention that I like it a lot when you call me that."

"A couple of times, yeah." his brows furrowed.

"Wait when?"

"Last night. When you were drunk." I said in a duh tone.

"That's fucking embarrassing."

"No. It was so adorable." well it was but then you left. Is what I wanted to add but I didn't.

"I'm not 'adorable'."

"Yes you are." he blushed faintly, so faintly that I almost couldn't see it but it was still there.

I made him blush again!

I noticed he was looking at the black nail polish I had left on the counter a couple days ago. I gasped in excitement and hoped off the counter.

"Oh my gosh. Can I do your nails!" I squealed. He nodded, amusent evident in his features.

"Okay, sit there." I told him, pointing to the counter. He did as I said and I stood in between his legs.

I took the nail polish bottle and opened it. I held his hand and as carefully as I could and applied the liquid onto his nails.

His nails were so pretty. I'm actually really jealous. People who have naturally nice nails have won at life.

Oh and his hands. Don't even get me started on that. They're so freaking fine and veiny and... big.

The things I want him to do-

No. Just no. Not the right time Harper!

I continued painting his nails while admiring his hands. I finished the first coat.

I told him to not move his hand so it could dry while I do his other hand.

His gaze stayed on me the whole time and it took everything in me to not let my hands shake because of how nervous he made me feel.

"Why does it feel cold?" Honestly I dont know either.

"Your going to have to get used to this." he rolled his eyes.

"Next do you want me to get matching acrylic nails with you too?" I beamed at the idea.

"Yes! That's an amazing suggestion! I have an entire pinterest board full of nail 'inspos' that we can look at later!" His lips twitched up into a smirk.

"Only for you I'd do all these things."

"As you should." he chuckled.

I went back to painting and soon enough, I was done.

Alright, now second coat!

I did the second coat for both hands once they were finally dry. And it looked so good on him.

The colour definitely completed his hands, I mean you can't go wrong with black nail polish but still.

"So? What do you think?"

"It looks good." I grinned.

"My skills amazing, I know."

"Cocky."

"Um no it's called confidence." I said matter of factly.

"Smart ass." I nudged his arm playfully.

He pulled me even closer to him by my hips and tilted my head up to him with his hand. He wrapped his hand loosely around my throat, bringing our lips together.

I placed my hands on his shoulders and slid my hand down his perfectly toned chest.

He kissed me with so much passion and that made me weak to the knees. No seriously, my legs felt like jello.

I smiled against his lips and pulled away, out of breath.

"You're smiling again." he stated.

"Yeah..."

"You don't do that often." Well...

"Yes I do."

"But they're not real smiles." Okay, I feel exposed.

"Well, now they are."

"And why's that?"

"You."

"I make you smile." he said, disbelief almost clear in his voice.

Yes you do Ace.

"Well yeah, that and because I just had the best make out session ever." he pecked my lips.

"The best?"

"Yeah." his jaw ticked.

"Tell me right now who they were." he said lifting me up, I wrapped my legs around him and he carried me back to my bed.

I sat, legs crossed and he laid down, resting his head on my thighs.

"Tell me." he demanded. This feels like a middle schooler sleepover. But I'm not opposed to gossiping with him.

"Well there was this boy in middle school who asked me out once."

"You said yes?" I nodded.

"I didn't like him but I didn't want to be rude either so yeah. We went to the movies and after he kissed me."

"Did you like it?"

"God no. It was weird." he chuckled.

"Was that your first kiss." I shook my head. Something about the way he said that made me think he already knew the answer.

Weird.

"My first kiss was with some boy in sixth grade." he didn't seem surprised by this.

Huh?

"Who?" he questioned.

"A random boy."

"You don't remember?"

"I don't know. It was a long time ago after all." Kind of. Again, it's really weird that I don't remember that.

There are so many things that I should remember but for some reason, I don't.

He nodded as if processing this information.

"Were there any others?"

"Yeah. In grade ten, this girl at a party made out with me." he was amused by this.

"You're into women?"

"Yeah. Does that bother you?"

"No." I sighed in relief.

"I'm so glad your not one of those people or let alone one of those guys."

"Yeah no, definitely not one of those."

"Good."

"Am I rubbing off on you too sweet cheeks?"

"Not this again." he shot me a wink.

"Is there anyone else?"

"There was one other guy last year. We were in his car and he wanted to you know so I gave him head but we didn't do anything else..." I trailed off knowing that he understood.

"How big was he?" My cheeks reddened in embarrassment.

"Not that much."

"Tell me. There's nothing to be embarrassed about, love."

Did he just call me love?

Yes.

"Like seven inches." he chuckled.

"I'm better than him." Oh?

"Are you?" he licked his lips.

"You want to see for yourself?" Maybe.

"No!" I said almost immediately.

"Your loss."

"You're so gross."

"Oh well." I grabbed my pillow and jokingly pretended to throw it at him.

"You need to go touch some grass." I told him.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean." I laughed.

"It means, you're just a horny teenage boy who needs to take some time and reflect on your gross behaviour." he raised an eyebrow.

"I'm a man not a boy." That he is.

"Regardless of that, got sit in the corner." I pointed to a random spot in my room. He didn't budge, "Please, my legs are getting that weird tingly numb feeling."

"No."I tried to push him off of me but no avail.

"You're going to have to try a lot harder than that."

"If you don't get off, I..." I paused, trying to find a good enough threat, "I won't give you anymore hugs."

He instantly sat up.

I laughed loudly.

"Don't do that. I need those."

"You need my hugs?" he nodded.

"Can I lay back down on you now?"

"You're so clingy." And I love it.

"I'm not clingy." I pursed my lips.

He really is. Not the creepy kind of clingy but the attractive kind.

"I think it's adorable."

"Fine. I am."

"Now say it. You want me to cuddle with you." he glared at me.

"I'm not saying that."

"Suit yourself."

I laid down on my back and stuck my tongue out at him. He caught sight of a book that was sitting on my bedside table. He picked it up and handed it to me.

"Can you read this to me."

"Right now? You want me to read it to you?"

"Yeah."

"Sure." I opened the book.

He discreetly attempted to lay back down on my thigh, I caught him.

"Can I?"

"Yes." he seemed satisfied and fully rested his head on me, enveloping his arms around my waist. I shook my head in amusement.

I leaned my head against the wall behind me, my back being supported by the headboard.

I began reading from the beginning because the plot obviously won't make any sense to him. He listened intently to my every word.

Hours have passed and it was now almost eleven, I was about more than halfway through the book when I noticed he had fallen asleep.

His eyelashes brushed against his upper cheeks, his lips were parted slightly, his eyebrows were not furrowed as usual. He looked at peace.

I stared at his handsome face for a while before I put the book down and pulled the covers over both of us.

I smiled softly and kissed his forehead and ran my hands through his hair.

I yawned and he stirred a little, burying his face deeper into my chest. I gently rubbed his back.

He mumbled incoherent words as he slept. Squeezing me tightly as if he thought I wasn't there and needed to make sure that I was.

I slowly closed my eyes as I got a sudden wave of exhaustion and finally drifted off to sleep with him in my arms.

Who would've thought?

I woke up the next morning not feeling his arms around me anymore. I sat up and looked around. That familiar feeling of disappointment washing through me.

There was no sign of him.

He must've left.

Not this again.

I rolled my eyes and mentally screamed at myself for thinking that he'd actually stay.

So all those things he said were just words. Did he even mean them in the first place?

Men these days.

I glared at the ceiling and kicked the blankets off of me, ready to start my day and get ready go school!

No.

Then,

My phone rang.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439K 15.2K 75
[Warning: this book contains SEXUAL content, crude language, drug use & abusive scenarios. If you aren't mature enough to read, don't.] First novel...
1.6M 37.8K 71
"šŒššš²š›šž šˆ š°ššš¬ š£š®š¬š­ šš šœš”ššš©š­šžš« š¢š§ š²šØš®š« š„š¢šŸšž, š›š®š­ š²šØš®'š«šž š¦š² š°š”šØš„šž š¬š­šØš«š², š„š„š²š¬šž. š˜šØš®'š«šž š¦š²...
68.9K 2.3K 51
#BOOK1 in 'ACE' SERIES He was like storm. He liked silence. He had looks which could kill. He is cold , ruthless and arrogant as hell. He h...
1.8M 30.1K 39
He's rich. He's dangerous. He's sexy. After moving to California, I met a notorious bad boy named Ace. As my feelings for him grew stronger, so did m...