Paradis's Hammer (attack on...

By serasio

this is the story about (y/n) a eldian kid which his luck faded away every day More

Before we start
living as an eldian
Wrongly judged
A New Beginning
The fall of Shiganshina
The Cadets
The First Year
The Second Year
The Third Year
The attack on Trost
Mission To Recapture Trost
The Trial
The Scouts
Hanji's experiments
Days before the expedition
The Day Before The Expedition
The 57th Expedition
Betrayal
Crystal Dreams
Eren's dream
The aftermath
The Beast and his Titans
The Beast and his Titans PT.2
Traitor
Old memories
Trust
Answers and trouble
Frieda's decision
Fight in the cave
Choose
The beginning of the end
The new queen of the Walls
The last search
(The Beginning of the End pt.2) The end

On my own

3.1K 84 15
By serasio

Narrator p.o.v

The group on the stairs hadn't moved for a few moments, all waiting for someone else to do something. Until (y/n) decided to speak.

(y/n): Guys... There's no reason for us to fight, just get out of the way.

Jean: You'll get in more trouble, (y/n)... Please, let's just go with the rest, and we'll help you!

Sasha: Y-yeah!

(y/n): I appreciate it... but what is done is done. I know it's not your fault, so please, get out of my way.

Mikasa: (y/n)...

Connie: B-but... What are you gonna do?

(y/n): I'll... I'll free Annie, and then look for Frieda... Then... I don't know.

Jean: B-but you can't free h-her! S-she attacked us, that's why she's there!

(y/n): Its... it's my fault

Sasha: But you stopped her! along with Eren!

(y/n): That's why... I... ruined it.

(y/n) remembered what Reiner had said to him some time ago, and it affected him. He began to walk down the stairs, the others stared at (y/n), trying to process what he said, besides that, they had noticed his dull (e/c) eyes, but there was also something there, something that was never there.

(y/n) made his way downstairs, but he suddenly turned around and began walking upstairs, confusing all of them even more.

Connie: W-weren't you going for A-Annie?

(y/n): Hmm... I'll come back another time... I have to... Search for another person right now.

And with that, he left.

Sasha:... You're so confusing lately, (y/n)!

She threw a small rock in the direction of (y/n), but it just hit the wall and it bounced back and it hit Connie.

Connie: Ow! Hey!

Sasha: Sorry!

Suddenly, many shouts were heard upstairs, then they turned into screams, but they were quickly silenced. This concerned the group on the stairs and they quickly went upstairs, they opened the door and saw many Scouts scattered on the floor, blood tinted on the walls, pillars, and windows, there was also hardening in the shape of spikes, with some Scouts impaled on them.

Jean: W-what happened here...?

Connie: D-id... (y/n) do this...?

Upon hearing the commotion, the group inside the room where Annie crystal was in, quickly went to check, only to find the same scene.

Levi: Tch.

Erwin: Hmm... Everyone, we'll abandon the search, we can't keep wasting time on him, let's prepare for the retake of Shiganshina. We'll clean up here and head to the Scout's headquarters

Eren: ((y/n)...? Was this... necessary?)

Everyone walked away to get some cleaning supplies, while Levi walked to one of the windows and spotted a figure in the distance walking to a horse that was tied to a tree. That figure was (y/n). With a powerful kick, Levi broke the window and jumped out of it.

Having heard the sound, (y/n) turned around and saw Levi using his ODM gear to get to him. He landed some meters behind him.

Levi: There you are, brat.

(y/n): ✌

Levi: You didn't hold back with those Scouts, huh?

(y/n): No. Why would I?

Levi: tch... guess I won't hold back either.

He instantly charged at (y/n) while gripping his blades, but (y/n) made a small bump on the ground, making him trip forward, but before he could hit the ground, (y/n) sent a kick to his torso, stopping his fall and sending him to the other way.

Levi quickly stood up, and charged at him again, carefully watching the ground instead of just focusing on (y/n), this time he could be next to (y/n), but as he tried to hit him with his blades, a pillar appeared just in time to block the attack, shattering the blades.

Levi then engaged (y/n) in a hand-to-hand fight, but he couldn't hit him, as he would just block his attacks or dodge them, then (y/n) grabbed Levi's fist, moved it out of the way, and used his other hand to send an uppercut, which left Levi slightly stunned, but he took the opportunity of it and began his attack, sending many punches to him, combining them with hardened pillars, making it impossible for Levi to even attempt to block since when he raised his arms, a pillar would hit him on the stomach, sending his arms down.

This continued for a few moments until (y/n) decided to end it with a powerful kick to Levi's torso, sending him to the ground, his torso was bruised, had a busted lip, broken nose, his ribs were fractured by all the hits of the pillars, lucky for him, it wasn't anything serious and would heal in approximately 6 weeks, also his face was bruised and most probably had more internal damage on his body.

(y/n): You done?

Levi: Tch...

???: Captain Levi!... (y/n)!

Levi and (y/n) looked at where the shouts were coming from and saw, Eren, Connie, Jean, Sasha, Mikasa, and some other soldiers. They had heard the sound of a window breaking and came to check, only to find Levi outside on the ground and (y/n) in front of him, by the angle they were watching, they couldn't see Levi's wounds, only the ones on his face, but also by the distance, they were kind of difficult to see, except for Eren, which because of the Titan's healing factor, he had a perfect eye-sight.

Eren came down to the ground with the help of his ODM gear, followed by the others, and (y/n) began to walk to his horse. But before he could, someone had shouted at him.

Eren: (y/n)! Did you... Did you do this to Captain Levi?!

(y/n): Hmm? Yeah.

Eren: w-why?

(y/n): Hey, he started it, don't blame me.

Eren: Was it necessary...? First... the Scouts... and now this?

(y/n): I made those Scouts a favor, I saved them from being devoured by some titans in the false hope of retaking Shiganshina, and for Levi, the same, feel lucky I didn't end you earlier.

Eren: W-what are you saying?! 

(y/n): The truth. How will you retake Shiganshina? You'll look for another huge boulder? keep in mind I'll not do anything to help you. So, how will you do it?

Eren: Shut up! I don't know what has gotten into you but you better shut up!

(y/n): I have opened my eyes, Eren. Seeking freedom will only lead you to your doom.

Eren: I don't know why you're saying this now! But I'll make sure you are wrong!

(y/n): Try not to die in the process.

Eren: Tch!

Eren stood up and ran at (y/n), with the intention to punch him but as tried to, (y/n) moved to the side but he managed to turn around and punch him on the cheek, but he remained unfazed and sent a kick to his stomach, sending Eren to his knees.

Mikasa: Eren!

Sasha: (y/n)!

Connie: O-oi! Don't fight! 

They ran at them trying to stop another upcoming fight, but it wasn't necessary, since Eren was still on the ground and (y/n) had walked to his horse and hopped on it.

Sasha: (y/n)... we're... we're still friends... right?

(y/n): Friends... Yeah...

Eren: Then why are you doing this?!

(y/n): Consider it... a piece of friendly advice.

Eren: If that is what friendship is to you... Then we aren't friends anymore!

(y/n) opened his mouth as he was about to talk, but no words came out, he gave a last look at the group and left.

Sasha: E-eren! 

Jean: Don't say things like that do you want him to kill us?!

Timeskip

Weeks had passed since the (y/n) incidence, the Scouts had stopped the search for him since they couldn't find a single trace of him and they began the preparations for the mission to retake Shiganshina.

Historia and the rest of the 104th had begun to work in an orphanage as a part-time job, helping move stuff and taking care of the children, while Moblit and some other Scouts worked in weapons to fight the Armored Titan and in any case, (y/n).

These weapons had the shape of a spear and were based on some research records hidden by the Military Police Brigade, it works like the Anti-Personnel vertical maneuvering equipment, but instead of the guns, the metal spears.

These work as a two-stage rocket: an initial charge launches the spear by pressing a trigger in the handle of the device. The projectile, connected by a rope to the main engine, is launched with enough power to penetrate hardened Titan skin. However, when that rope is cut, the second charge is activated. This causes a tremendous explosion which makes the projectile penetrate even more into the target. Usually, only one can be carried on each arm, but with some adjustments and modifications, you can add 3 more on each arm, carrying a total of 8 spears.

But this weapon is a double-edged sword since it can endanger the user if caught in the explosion.

Meanwhile, with (y/n), he had been searching for Frieda nearby the Reiss residence, he made his way to Mitras and searched the palace, but instead of finding her on the throne room, but instead, he found Historia, which was wearing clothes not so common for a Queen, and was talking to a Noble.

She seemed to notice him and told the noble they would continue the talk later, he walked out of the throne room and she stared at (y/n).

Historia: What do you want? Came to kill me and take the throne?

(y/n): Why is a Queen wearing farm clothes?

Historia: I'm heading to an orphanage.

(y/n): Orphanage?

Historia: Yes, now answer my question.

(y/n): Well I'm certainly not here to kill you, or anything like that. I'm just... looking for someone.

Historia: And that someone is?

(y/n): Oh you know who that person is already.

Historia: Well she's not here.

Historia was still mad at him since the incident in the Reiss chapel, fighting Frieda and then looking for her like anything didn't happen, but she remembered some words Frieda had told her.

Flashback

Frieda could be seen laying on the ground. Historia quickly ran at her and knelt beside her, grabbing her by her back and pulling her close to her body.

Historia: F-Frieda!

Frieda: Historia... Look how much you have grown.

Historia: That isn't important right now!

Frieda: *sigh* I know... It's a crazy situation...

Historia: I can't believe he did this...

Frieda: It's not his fault... is someone else's... Don't hate him for this... Be kind to him. Who knows what will happen to him after this.

Frieda despite having the Founder and being cold most of the time, had a soft spot for (y/n) for some reason she didn't understand.

Historia: r-right...

End of flashback

(y/n): I see, well I'll be leaving now.

Historia: W-wait!

(y/n): Hm?

Historia: D-do you want to go to the orphanage w-with me?

(y/n): H-huh?

(y/n) was kind of confused, since he thought that everyone must distrust him, and was surprised that she asked him to go with her. Lucky for him, she wasn't told about the incident in Stohess, since they wanted to keep it a secret and not let other people know, they wanted to have everyone's attention at the retake of Shiganshina's mission and not worry about a certain someone going on a killing spree. The civilians were taken far from the headquarters with the excuse of "reworks"

Historia: It'll make you good to be around kids.

(y/n): I... don't know...

Historia: C'mon!

(y/n):...Alright

If anyone else had asked (y/n) that, he would have decliner, but Historia was the last thing that he had from the Reiss and the closest to Frieda, so he felt the need to "protect and serve", like some sort of servant.

Historia: Let's go then.

They walked out of the throne room and headed to the exit of the palace, (y/n) tried to cover his identity, some people in the palace would occasionally stare at him, but since they couldn't fully see his face because of the Scout's cape and because he was with the Queen, they would ignore him. 

They exited the palace and got on a carriage, heading to the orphanage in the east of Orvud District, near the Reiss family estate. 

An hour passed and they had both finally arrived at the orphanage, but this time the recruits weren't there, they were in the Scouts headquarters planning the mission to retake Shiganshina.

(y/n) played with the kids, helped Historia move things from one place to another, and helped her and the other caretakers make the food.

It was now late afternoon, the kids were playing around outside, and (y/n) was sitting by a tree, he heard the sound of something being dragged on the grass, and a weird sensation, but he thought it was just the kids playing and ignored it.

Historia: (y/n), how long are you intending to be there?

(y/n): Hmm? I don't know.

Historia: Well, we're leaving, so get up.

(y/n): Fine.

He stood up and walked with Historia to the carriage, got on it, and went back to the palace, the ride was mostly silent, with Historia falling asleep.

After an hour or so, they arrived at the palace, (y/n) had to carry Historia to her room since he didn't want to wake her up. But there was a slight problem with that, he didn't know which room is Historia's and there were a lot of rooms.

He spent a solid 30 minutes with Historia in his arms searching for her room, he tried to be silent, since most probably if someone saw him carrying the Queen, in the nighttime, it looked like a kidnapping, and adding attempted kidnap of the Queen to his history of crimes wouldn't be so good.

(y/n) finally found her room or so he thought since the room was the biggest and had the biggest bed, so he assumed it was hers, he put her inside the blankets and left.

Timeskip

It was now the next day, Historia slowly opened her eyes, looking at her surroundings, she was confused as to why she was in her room, but then remembered coming to the palace ith (y/n), and thought it was him who had brought her there.

She stood up and got changed in her Queen clothes, she looked for (y/n) but couldn't find him, she asked some Nobles that were walking by, but they told her they hadn't seen him until she asked one of them, he told him that he had heard the sound of a horse leaving the palace late at night. 

Historia: (he left? why? and where?)

Not thinking about it any longer and got into her Queen duties.

Meanwhile with (y/n)

After leaving Historia on her bed, he left the Palace on a horse, heading to Shiganshina, Why? Because while he was sitting in the tree yesterday, he was thinking about where Frieda could be, and after many ideas, the best one he thought, was that Reiner had taken her to Shiganshina since it was the only spot that the Scouts couldn't go yet, and it was the nearest District to the small harbor.

After some time he had to stop for some time for the horse to rest in Trost District, but he wasn't planning on waiting, so he changed his horse with one he found that belong to a Scout, which was nowhere near.

 He wanted to get out of Trost, but there was a problem, he needed to get through the Wall, but it wasn't like in Mitras or Stohess where the gates were open, since the attack on Trost some months ago, the gates were shut and weren't opening anytime soon.

So he did the same thing when he arrived, he went to one of the corners of the wall, made a hole big enough for him and the horse to fit, and passed by it, closing it on his way out, but making sure to leave no pattern.

He then went forward, in the direction of Shiganshina, but this time, he wasn't so lucky, some Garrison Soldiers had spotted him.

Garrison Soldier: What is that guy doing?!

Garrison Soldier: Is he crazy?!

Garrison Soldier: How did he even get out?!

Garrison Soldier: Go get him!

But before anyone could do something, Titans began to follow (y/n), which simply made spears that performed their napes, shocking the soldiers.

Garrison Soldier: H-huh?!

Garrison Soldier: C-could he be...

Garrison Soldier: Quick, report this to Commander Erwin.

Garrison Soldier: Yes!

One of them quickly left in the search for Commander Erwin, to report that they have located (y/n) and he was heading to Shiganshina

Meanwhile, he continued his way forward, killing some Titans if necessary. an hour passed and he still wasn't even halfway, so he decided to don't make the trip longer, jumped out of the horse, transformed, and ran as fast as he could.

Timeskip

(y/n) was now near Shiganshina, but something had caught his attention, some minutes ago he had seen some lights inside the district. He tried to go as quietly as he could, but it's kind of difficult trying to be sneaky while being a 17-meter giant. And getting out of the Titan and walking was not an option, since it would start steaming and smoke appearing out of nowhere would be kind of suspicious

But as soon as he peeked in the hole in the gate, he was met by a barrage of rocks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253 30 45
Annie has have had a hard life at school she is known as the shadow or the out cast of the school she's basically invisible. She never ask for anythi...
55.7K 2.3K 23
from a life full of nothing to a life full of something, ari finds herself the centre and cause of a situation that just could determine the outcome...
61.2K 4.3K 29
Between life and death, there is hope. But every ending has the same outcome: the Rumbling razes the earth, taking the person you love with it. Afte...
748K 22.2K 43
You..had an unusual situation. You were right there on the day your Mom was devoured by the mouth of a 'Titan'. You had just been found after being l...