The Heiress

Von chaelisabestgirlsx

If Chaeyoung could use any three words to describe herself, she would say that she is rich, beautiful, and ex... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130

Chapter 110

1K 81 18
Von chaelisabestgirlsx

***

After Chaeyoung continued with her presentation, the atmosphere had become very strange. The silence was so loud, it was making most of the people uncomfortable. It was as if, people were now waiting for the next part of the show.

Though most of them did not understand what happened, it was also clear that this CEO Park was not someone that they could offend. What happened to the Queen was something that did not even require evidence for someone to know that it was indeed caused by Chaeyoung.

But would they call her out for doing that? Of course not! Who knew what kind of information had this woman gathered using her drone.

That drone alone was something that she could use to destroy every one of them by revealing their scandals and secrets to the public.

The silence continued until everyone heard a vibration. Then, they saw Chaeyoung open her phone and furrow her brows.

Chaeyoung then stared at the Prime Minister, her expression unfathomable as a chilly and suffocating atmosphere started spreading from Chaeyoung. Then, she looked at Gideon.

"It's coming." She said simply.

Everyone just watched Chaeyoung, as her hands flew on her computer. Her hands were so fast that it looked as if they were moving faster and faster by the minute.

"What is happening?" The Prime Minister asked, his face full of concern.

"You should already know." Chaeyoung answered before looking at Gideon. "Call in your security. Secure the room."

Gideon just nodded before once again pressing another button. Then, more than ten guards entered the room and stood beside the King.

"What is going on?" Some of the Minister's began to panic, as they watched the intimidating guards, standing at the back of the King.

"How's our security?" Chaeyoung asked the leader of the group of guards, ignoring the questioning gazes from other people inside the room.

While this was happening, both the Prime Minister and Carlisle looked at each other, confusion apparent in their faces.

Why did it seem that Chaeyoung was quite prepared and knew exactly what was happening outside?

...

Meanwhile, the Capital City turned into chaos after one truck collided with three other vehicles on a busy street. Then, more and more cars started colliding with each other. The reason was pretty simple. The traffic lights seemed to malfunction! All of them would show green, then red. That abrupt changes made some cars go while it was not their turn yet. It immediately created more and more accidents.

This phenomenon was not only happening in the Capital City but in other big cities along the country as well.

It was a total chaos. More and more people getting injured and screaming for help.

...

"Everyone do not panic!" Carlisle tried to calm down the panicking Ministers as everyone's phones started ringing. Everyone was being informed about what was currently happening outside.

"Take your seats." The Prince once again said, confident that they would listen to his orders. But who would have thought that everyone would rush to Chaeyoung and ask her about the current situation in the city?

"Miss Park, what is happening outside?"

"Miss Park, can you give us the current live feed of the event's outside?"

"Miss Park, is this a cyber attack?"

"Take your seats." Chaeyoung slowly said. "Before I lose my patience, all of you take your seats!"

Sensing the chill in Chaeyoung's voice, everyone slowly composed themselves and went back to their seats. Chaeyoung was not blaming these Ministers for their actions. After all, they were just ordinary humans. They had families outside of this building. It would only be natural for them to be worried and barrage her with questions.

.....

Carlisle looked at Chaeyoung, his face full of confusion, as Chaeyoung started explaining to them what was happening outside. He wondered how did she know all of that information. How come she looked so prepared?

"This is a cyber attack. They have currently attacked the traffic systems. Next, they will attack the power supply and jumble the mobile signal in the main cities," she said as she showed everyone the map of the whole Luxembourg.

"What? Are you telling the truth? What is this attack? What can we do about it?" Secretary Jia exclaimed.

"Miss Park, how do you know this?" Carlisle asked curiously.

"Online. I have my people working on this now," she answered before going back to her computer. "That's all you need to know. For now, call your family members and inform them to stay indoors. This might be a terrorist attack as well. "

Her words instantly caused a wave of bickering and whispers from the officials. Some were discussing the possibility of this incident being a terrorist attack while some were calling their family members.

Meanwhile, both Carlisle, the Prime Minister as well as the Minister of Finance were exchanging looks with each other. Terrorist attack? What was this woman talking about?

Was she even aware that the Zhou Family was the ones behind that attack? Or did she really think that it was some random terrorist attack?

While the three were thinking about Chaeyoung's words, Gideon couldn't help but applaud Chaeyoung again and again. Terrorist? Was she planning to expose the Zhou Family as traitors who had been collaborating with terrorist all the time?

If that's the case, then… the punishment would be even worse than death. The reason was that Luxembourg did not tolerate people who did not value their country and had no patriotism.

He looked at Chaeyoung who was typing on her laptop. Her expression was serene as if she was playing some games or just doing her home work. She was furrowing her brows from time to time, as her lips were curling into a frown.

That expression of hers really reminded him of Mason when they were young.

Chaeyoung's father was an exceptionally outstanding person. Even his IQ was off the charts. It was also the reason he had been chosen by the Elders to become the future King back then. However, who would have thought that a man, as brilliant as he, would become mad just because of a woman?

"Your Highness… my men have informed me that the power in the Capital had been cut off. We need to transfer you into a safe place now." Gideon narrowed his eyes when he heard the security head Lu's words. Then, he turned to look at Chaeyoung who was already looking at him.

"So fast?" Chaeyoung thought out loud before turning her gaze to her computer. She thought that the blackout would happen after a few more minutes. 'Henry Lee's people must have found a very competent hacker to be on their side,' she thought.

"Your Highness. We can't risk your safety. We need to go to the secured bunker now." Once again the head of the security insisted.

Gideon helplessly looked at everyone before letting out a long sigh. "The bunker can't accommodate so many people. I don't intend on leaving until I make sure that everyone in this room is safe.

At that point, all the Ministers had already turned their attention towards Gideon. The room was not that big, so many of them heard his words. Some of the people inside the room instantly felt shocked and touched at the same time.

"Your Highness, Head Lu is right. We need to prioritize Your safety first." The Prime Minister said. Although he was a part of that attack, he still needed to play his role as the Prime Minister in front of everyone.

Gideon did not answer, instead, he looked at Chaeyoung who was busy on her computer. "Don't prioritize me, I'm already dying. Instead, prioritize our future Queen."

Everyone in the room, including Chaeyoung, froze when they heard Gideon's words.

What? Queen?

"Your Highness, what do you mean?" Secretary Jia asked, his gaze moving from the King to Chaeyoung, then back to the King again.

But before Gideon could answer, Carlisle rapidly stood up and approached him. "Father, what are you talking about? No one can match up to your importance. Let's go to the bunker. I will accompany you." He said. Now, that Gideon had already told everyone that he was not his son, there was no way that he could get the throne from Gideon.

If that's the case, then he would not allow Chaeyoung to have it either.

The Prime Minister instantly understood what Carlisle wanted to do. If Carlisle were not going to be the King, then his career was also over. Why not make it hard for other people to get the throne too? "His Highness must have been muddled because of his illness. He is just …"

"Prime Minister… I have always thought that you are a smart person. Do you really think that I don't have any idea of what you are doing?" Gideon smirked. "She is the only one in this room who has all the rights to sit on the throne."

"I will not leave this room without my daughter," He added firmly.

"Father!" Carlisle instantly objected. "How can you? You are the King of this country… We need to protect you from this attack!"

"The only protection that I need is against you and the whole Zhou Family!" He blurted out angrily.

"How dare you cause harm to MY people?"

"Your Highness… what are you talking about... We…" The Prime Minister tried to reason with him, however, Gideon issued an order at that very moment.

"Detain them. I already have the list of all the people involved in this fiasco. Detain them." He ordered as he handed out a list to his lead guard.

The Prime Minister instantly panicked when he heard the King's words.

What? A list?

"Your Highness... This is unjust!" He said. "You can't detain us without any evidence at all!"

"Your Highness, you can't do this to us!"

Some of the officials started objecting too. They thought that it was a very questionable decision. After all, the King was clearly sick and was under a lot of stress.

"Chaeyoung… release the evidence to the media." He said, his voice was not too loud but was loud enough for everyone to hear.

The Prime Minister and everyone involved in the planning of that incident almost choked on their own saliva.

Evidence?

They then turned their attention towards Chaeyoung who was frowning.

"Is this really a good time to do that? The power supply is already out. There is no way that your people will be able to see these proofs." She answered, clearly unimpressed by Gideon's declaration a while ago.

She had already told him that she would not take on the responsibility of being the Queen. Yet, now, he even announced it to everyone. He even said it in front of his enemies.

Was this man purposely creating trouble for her?

However, she also understood the man's concerns. Gideon was dying. That was a fact. If he was in a hurry, then it was possible that he did not have enough time anymore.

"I understand. You can release it once you are done with this attack. For now, I suggest that we go to the bunker to keep you safe." Gideon said, his gaze gentle. He really did not have enough time. Chaeyoung was the only hope that the Lee family had left.

"You go. I will stay here," she said without batting an eye. She had clearly told this man that she was not interested in ruling a country.

"Chaeyoung … You..." Gideon's words were interrupted by a series of coughs. Secretary Jia immediately went and support Gideon.

"He is burning… He has a fever. We need to immediately take him to a safe place." Secretary Jia frowned.

"I am not going…" still, Gideon insisted. "I have to keep Chaeyoung safe."

Chaeyoung helplessly look at the man in front of her. "I have already told you…"

"You are my daughter! I can't leave you here alone!" Gideon interrupted her words. His words were loud and clear. His face was stern and full of determination. He needed Chaeyoung in that bunker with him. That was the only way that he could be assured about her safety.

Seeing Gideon's ashen face, Secretary Jia immediately moved closer to Chaeyoung. "Miss Park, please… just accompany him to the bunker. He will be safe there. Please, leave the outside security to me."

"I…" she hesitated. "Do you have access to the Country's satellite from your bunker?"

"Yes. We do…" Secretary Jia immediately nodded.

Chaeyoung contemplated for a while before she typed a series of codes on her laptop. She wanted to inform Lisa about that and the best way to do that was to give Lisa access to the live feed of the current situation in the palace. After a while, she looked at the King who seemed to be struggling in his breathing.

"Then... let's go."

The way to the King's bunker was extremely secured. On the way, there was not just one or two security systems, but a whole five installed. All five were highly sophisticated systems that required various methods to pass.

Chaeyoung could only look at the people ahead of her as she continued following them. Gideon was being supported by two guards while the Prime Minister, as well as Carlisle, were restrained by handcuffs. It was decided that Secretary Jia would stay and act as Chaeyoung's contact person outside of the bunker.

He would follow Chaeyoung's orders and do whatever it took to protect the palace from then on.

As for the other Minister's, they were kept in another safe place, just near the King's bunker.

"Miss Park, I will be staying here with four of my subordinates to protect His Highness. Please, use whatever you need in that section over there." The leader of the guards informed her after they arrived at the bunker.

Chaeyoung roamed her eyes around the place. It wasn't that big. Maybe, less than seventy square meters with a small kitchen, a toilet, and a bathroom, and three large double decks. On the other side of the room was a large wall that was made of glass. Behind the glass wall was a place with three computers. She immediately guessed that it was the command center.

With these in mind, Chaeyoung went to the other side of the glass wall and started setting up her computers and other gadgets.

"Miss, the doctor will arrive at any minute. Please, make yourself comfortable." She heard the shortest of the guards say.

Chaeyoung just nodded her head without saying anything. She started typing some codes and furrowed her brows when she received a message from Lisa and her team.

The City had immediately fallen into chaos after the blackout.

Everyone in the city was panicking at that moment and was thinking that it might indeed be a terrorist attack.

In fact, this was one of Chaeyoung's strategies to keep everyone in their homes. The moment that she figured out the true purpose of the attack, she had immediately sent Lisa an email, asking her to spread a rumor that it was a terrorist attack. She then released another rumor that the King was asking everyone to stay in their houses for safety purposes.

That was the power of social media. Once a piece of fake news was released, people in duress would immediately believe such kind of baseless news. No matter if it was true or not, as long as it was in line with their intentions, they would immediately believe in that.

She tore off her eyes from her laptop when she noticed a mature man, wearing a doctor uniform, walked inside the bunker.

'It must be the doctor,' she thought before looking at everyone in the room.

The head guard was supervising everything, he was standing just a few feet away from the King, his face was stern, devoid of any emotion, yet his eyes showed vigilance and anger? Chaeyoung instantly thought that the head guard must be angry because of what had happened to the King. After all, all guards there were from the Lee Family. They were specially trained to protect the King no matter what happened.

She looked at the other people inside the bunker. Both the Prime Minister and Carlisle, looked dejected as they sit on one of the bunk beds. Meanwhile, the other four guards were all looking alert and vigilant.

Chaeyoung turned her eyes to her computer when she heard a ding sound. Finally, she and her team were able to bypass the firewall of the hackers. At the same time, she was also able to fix the traffic system. However, the power system outside was still out.

She only sighed before she typed another series of codes. She was able to stop the attack on the mobile signal in the cities, so the current attack should not escalate anymore. The only problem at that moment was to locate those hackers and get the power back on.

Chaeyoung immediately made up her mind and followed the route of the people who had attacked the power system.

Successful...

Chaeyoung never thought that it would be that easy to penetrate into the power system of this country. That could be the reason that it was so easy for hackers to breach the security system. She wondered if Gideon had ever tried to hire a specialist to create a specified firewall for their power system. However, she remembered that this trivial matter should not be a part of Gideon's worries anymore.

Then, she stared at the complicated codes in front of her.

Her serene face instantly turned into a frown.

What the heck was that?

She looked at the rapidly changing codes on the laptop screen as she tried to analyze everything. Someone had deliberately triggered the virus, which was installed in the power system beforehand. For anyone, that would be a common thing. However, when Chaeyoung checked the malware, it actually had a timer.

That only meant that it was supposed to attack the system at a certain time. However, someone had triggered it ahead of time.

But why?

Chaeyoung examined the codes and frowned once more. Why would someone trigger it ahead of time? This plan was supposed to be something that Henry Lee had carefully planned for a long time. They were not supposed to change it just like that.

On her previous analysis, Chaeyoung was able to predict that the blackout was supposed to happen a few minutes after the traffic issue. To be exact, it should have been around thirty minutes or so. So why did they trigger it ten minutes before the right time?

Did something happen?

Her senses immediately become alert as she roamed her eyes around the bunker. There was only one possible way for Henry Lee to change his plans so swiftly.

And that was...

He was watching her.

Her eyes immediately stopped on the Prime Minister and Carlisle. Do they have some sort of device that was helping Henry Lee to see everything that was happening here? She examined the two, who were sitting across Gideon.

Carlisle was looking angry, while the Prime Minister looked as if someone from his family had died. She then looked at everyone in the room. She examined the guards one by one.

There was nothing suspicious. Everyone was just observing Gideon, their expressions solemn.

For a while, Chaeyoung examined everyone's clothes with her eyes. If Henry Lee was watching them, then… He should have used something that was really easy to see, right?

After a few minutes, Chaeyoung gave up.

No matter how good her vision was, she couldn't see everything just with her eyes. With that in mind, she turned her attention towards her laptop and started checking everyone's background in this room.

Though the Prime Minister and Carlisle were the most suspicious ones in the room, Chaeyoung still wanted to be thorough. After all, she had already learned her lesson once.

None...

Chaeyoung was surprised to see that there was no information in the security system of the palace about the group of people that were guarding them. Then, she remembered that these men should be a part of some special unit. Their files were supposed to be classified and could not be easily accessed.

Chaeyoung immediately tried to access the confidential files that were only accessible to the King and other Ministers. Then, she began looking through the files of everyone, who was in the room with her.

She scanned through the mountains of information in front of her. Chaeyoung then took a deep breath as she tried to compose herself. She then sent an email to Lisa before she locked her laptop and walked towards Gideon who was still laying on a bed.

"How is he?" She asked the doctor.

"He should be fine. He is getting weaker and weaker. I'm afraid…"

"Make sure he survives. The crisis outside will be solved in less than five minutes. He needs to wake up and take care of the aftermath." She said before looking at the head guard. "May I know how many men do you have?"

The head guard instantly frowned before he answered. "My team has thirty men. Twenty-five of them is on standby outside."

"Prepare them, the terrorists might attack the palace after their failed cyber attack. Also, use this to call the other captains. This should be safe for everyone to use." She said as she tossed an encrypted phone towards the head guard.

The head guard caught the phone and immediately called some of his subordinates, as Chaeyoung watched the reaction of other guards. Then, she turned towards Carlisle and gave him a dashing smile.

"You've lost." She said before she walked towards the nearest guard next to her. Her fluid movements surprised everyone, as she grabbed the guard's arm and flipping him straight over her back.

In just one swift movement, Chaeyoung was able to throw away one guard. Surprising everyone inside the room.

"Miss Park, what…"

"Oh please, Henry Lee... Let's stop pretending." She gave a chilly smile before pointing the gun that she had removed from the guard's hip, at the head guard.

"Stay away from the King!"

......

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

31.3K 1.9K 37
Lisa Manoban is a little bit headstrong, with a dash of chaos and a whole lot of flirt. She knows how to get the girl. Keeping her on the other hand...
501K 15K 56
When Chaeyoung starts to realize her feelings for her best friend Lisa, what will become of their friendship? What will become of their girl group Bl...
97.2K 3.9K 54
THIRD BOOK IN THE YELLOW SERIES By now, Lisa and Chaeyoung both know to expect the unexpected. But you can never be prepared, especially when their l...
59.2K 2.5K 38
What if the person you beg for love before but rejected you several times suddenly asked you to come back and love her again. Jennie Kim and Park Cha...