License to Love

Bởi MJKristo11

PART 2 OF REBEL HEART. Status: COMPLETE Michelle and Brook are back in a brand new adventure with the crew... Xem Thêm

Introduction
Dedication
💛Character Aesthetics💜
Bonus Soundtracks 🎶
🎧Soundtracks 🎵
Chapter 2 Couples that Go Together
Chapter 3 What Comes Next
Chapter 4 Surprises
Chapter 5 Housewarming
Chapter 6 Girls Wanna Have Fun
Chapter 7 Born to Be Wild
Bonus Chapter: You & Me.
Chapter 8 Clash of the Crewmates
Bonus Chapter: Covert Operations
Chapter 9 A Mutual Alliance
Chapter 10 Blueprint for Perfection
Chapter 11 Out of the Shadows
Chapter 12 Survival of The Fastest
Chapter 13 Owning the Streets
Chapter 14 Ultimatums
Chapter 15 Uncovering the Truth
Chapter 16 Nevada Nitrous Circuit
Chapter 17 Outnumbered
Chapter 18 Know thy Enemy
Chapter 19 Secrets and Lies
Bonus Chapter: Double-Crosser
Chapter 20 Saboteurs
Chapter 21 Opposite Sides of the Line
Chapter 22 What Women Want
Chapter 23 Family Ties and Pseudo Foes
Chapter 24 A Bad Boy's Good Heart
Chapter 25 Sing your Heart Out
Chapter 26 Starry Nights and Campfire Tales
Chapter 27 Evaluating the Enemy
Chapter 28 Catch a Mongoose with a Mole
Chapter 29 Operation: Bait and Chase
Chapter 30 End of the Line
Chapter 31 The Hardwired and the Undefeated
NFS-Inspired Locations!
Chapter 32 Cutting it Close
Chapter 33 X Marks the Spot
Chapter 34 Missing in Action
Chapter 35 Vengeance
Chapter 36 Quagmire
Chapter 37 True Love
Chapter 38 Meet Me at the Altar
Epilogue: First Time
Authoress' Note

Chapter 1 Not a Dream

109 34 9
Bởi MJKristo11

Michelle's fingers ran through the long strands of Brook's hair for what must have been the hundredth time. They were curled up in her bed in the dorm together, Brook's arm laying lightly in the curve of her waist. The bedside clock showed two a.m. and all was quiet outside. Only their hushed voices filled the room.

"Say it again," Michelle said. Brook grinned softly.

"I love you, Michelle." Michelle closed her eyes letting the words echo in her mind.

"You're really here you're not a dream." She said, trying to convince herself.

"I guess I don't need a comb anymore." Brook joked, taking her hand out of his hair and placing it on his bare chest. She opened her eyes to gaze with tenderness at him.

"I didn't just imagine the last few hours, did I?" she asked. Brook gave her a quick peck on the lips.

"If you did, you don't have a very active imagination. I imagined things much more differently" his silky tone alerted Michelle to his thoughts and she gave him a shove. He slipped off the pillow and almost fell off the bed.

"Hey, your bed isn't big enough for that!" he said laughing. "Why don't they make college dorm beds a little less tiny?"

"Because they're only made for one person. I'm breaking the rules by letting you share it with me in the first place." Michelle replied smugly.

"Lucky me. But I'm comfortable with cramped quarters so I don't mind squeezing in with you." Michelle smiled at that.

"After nine months, seeing you is like waking up from a nightmare." She said in a more somber tone.

"It was hard for me too, Michelle. Not being able to see you touch you" his finger ran across her jawline and down her neck, "If it weren't for Soriano I wouldn't be here right now."

"Remind me to thank him. Does he like cake?" Brook laughed.

"What ex-cop doesn't like dessert?"

"Good, then I'll bake one and send it to him ASAP."

"That's a nice thought and all, but for now why don't you focus on us?" Brook said, trailing his fingers up and down her neck, fiddling with the edge of her shirt collar.

"I'm just trying to figure it all out. Do you have any idea how crazy I went, not knowing anything for nine months?!" Michelle whisper-shouted.

"I know it was hard, but I wanted to wrap things up before coming to you. That way there wouldn't be anything standing between us – no more Jackson, no more Ghosts, and no more jail time." Michelle raised her hand and placed it on the side of Brook's face.

"Why didn't anyone else contact me? Paige came to visit me months ago but I haven't seen anyone since then. You guys completely cut me off" Michelle finished in a hurt tone. Brook pulled her closer to his chest trying to comfort her.

"We were moving around a lot. We left our base and moved to the city for good. Once everyone got settled in and we were finally off the police radar, it was safe to come to visit you." Michelle digested that for a moment. She remembered something from last year.

"I read in the news that Sergeant Kromer – passed away." She said cautiously.

"I saw it too. Eighteen years I've waited to see him brought to justice and then he just dies. Just like that." Michelle noticed Brook clench his fists and uncurled his fingers with hers.

"I know. I know it hurts. But at least his reign of terror is over. And he can never threaten you or Ginswell again." Brook smiled wanly.

"The real consolation is knowing that Jackson is behind bars. He can never come between us. Although I would've liked to pound him up a bit before he got locked away for good. He'd better consider himself safe in jail where I can't reach him." Michelle raised an eyebrow at his vicious tone.

"I can think of better things for your hands to do." She said, guiding his hands to her waist. His expression softened to a hungry longing.

"You're right. Nine months was too long not being able to hold you like this." Brook pulled her close by her waist and started kissing the skin beneath her ear. Michelle moaned under his kisses.

"Don't do that Michelle, you'll make me lose my mind," Brook muttered against her neck.

"I should be punishing you You didn't contact me for months and now you think you can get away with this?" Michelle said, pressing him back a little. Brook lifted his head to meet her eyes.

"Are you sure you stay away from me? Can you resist me, Michelle?" He resumed trialing a wet stream down her neck and she moaned louder.

"Brook" she gasped. He made soft kissing noises along her throat. She clutched his shoulders tight, trying to control the wave of ecstasy that overwhelmed her.

"You're powerless," Brook said, his hand sliding down the side of her leg to the crook of her knee. He lifted her thigh and dragged it over his own. His hand then came back to her waist pulling her against his chest.

"Still want to fight it?" he asked with a gleam in his eyes. Michelle's breath came out ragged as she studied his face.

"You're not the only one who can do that," she whispered. She ran her hands down his chest over his abs before coming back up to his shoulder and sliding to his back. She held him close, giving him teasing kisses along his collarbone.

"Michelle, I'm only human! You're gonna make me lose it!" Brook rasped. His hand squeezed her shirt flap on her waist into a fist.

"You're powerless to me, Brook Havens. I have you right where I want you." Michelle said with a victorious smile. Brook narrowed his eyes at her before pressing her back by her shoulder and adjusting himself over her. She gasped at his weight.

"Who's the victor now?" Brook asked, pinning her down. He leaned in and resumed kissing her neck with an intensity that made her moan.

"Brook! Oh! Please" She clung to his back as she began to feel her senses blur. His weight on her was so comfortable she didn't want him to move. She opened her eyes for a moment to see his face and saw an expression that made her shiver a little.

"I am never leaving you again," Brook whispered above her lips. His hot breath heated her already burning face and she parted her lips to inhale his breath. It was warm and musky and time had not changed its taste. Brook lowered his lips to hers in a passionate ravenous kiss. She closed her eyes, her arms going slack, and falling to the bed, letting him engulf her in that one kiss. Brook took her hands and threaded his fingers with hers.

"This feels familiar." She mumbled against his lips. Brook clicked his tongue.

"I haven't made you lose your mind yet." He said. Michelle swallowed, feeling her heart race erratically. The effect he had on her was – intoxicating.

"Then kiss me, Brook Havens. Because I missed you like crazy and I can't get enough of you." Michelle whispered. Brook gave her a suave smile. He released one of her hands and brought his fingers to her chin. With his thumb he pried open her mouth wider and traced it across her lower lip, feeling every groove every drop of moisture on it - moisture which he had left there with his kiss.

"What did you do to me, Michelle? I may be out of jail but I'm still your prisoner." He whispered. He leaned in for an open-mouthed kiss, his tongue playing with hers in a cacophony of movements. There was no distinguishing between their moans – equal sounds of pleasure escaped from them both. When at last they were out of breath and Michelle thought her heart would explode from the speed it had been beating, they lay side by side, gazing into each other's eyes.

"You're incredible Michelle."

"Not as much as you are."

"I can't think straight when I'm with you. and you know what? That's the best feeling."

"Not being able to think?"

"Forgetting everything but you." Brook took her hand and kissed it along her wrist.

"You're in my mind, captivating me Michelle. And now you're in my blood, my breath, my heartbeat" Michelle leaned forward and kissed his chest.

"I'll stay there as long as you want me to." She whispered.

"I want you forever, Michelle. So much"

"Then you should know that I thought of nothing else but you for the last year," Michelle said. She looked down at his chest and in the dim light of her lampshade saw the bullet scar on his waist. She touched it tenderly, feeling the raised welt.

"You took a bullet for me," she said. "I can't and never will forget that Brook."

"That scar only serves as a reminder of how important you are to me. I love you, Michelle. I would take a bullet again for you if I had to."

"I pray that will never happen again. Once is more than enough. I never want to lose you again."

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm yours forever. Till the end of our days." Brook said, kissing her forehead. She closed her eyes feeling sleepy.

"Till the end of our days" she yawned. He laughed quietly.

"Get some sleep. I've tired you out enough for one night." He said.

"Will you be here in the morning?" she asked. He tightened his arm around her.

"Promise. I'm not going anywhere, Michelle. " she snuggled her head into his chest in contentment as they both fell asleep in each other's arms.

The early hours of dawn tinged the sky with a grayish blue. Michelle woke up feeling Brook stroking the side of her face. She smiled at him.

"So it wasn't a dream." She said. Brook sighed.

"I can't believe you still think that." He kissed her forehead before getting out of bed. Michelle pouted as she felt his warmth leave her side.

"Where are you going?" She asked as she watched him put on his shirt.

"Michelle, what do you think will happen if people found out I spent the night with you in your room alone? Imagine the scandal it would cause! Everybody would get the wrong idea."

"Let them, I'm not ready to let you go yet," Michelle said, reaching out and grabbing his hand. He came close to her bed.

"I'm only leaving to change my clothes. I'll be back in a few hours." He said. Michelle stuck her lower lip out.

"You don't have to change your clothes. I like the shirt you're wearing right now." She said hoping to change his mind. Brook laughed.

"Alright, I'll leave you leverage." He pulled a fine silver chain out of his jeans pocket, the kind usually worn by men. It had a little circular silver pendant with the words 'R&B' on it.

"This was my dad's. It's one of the few things I have left of him." He dropped it into her hands.

"What do the R and B stand for? Not rhythms and blues, I'm guessing." Michelle said with a laugh. Brook smiled wistfully.

"Ripley and Brooklyn. My parents." He answered. Michelle thought about that.

"You were named after your mom?" She asked with realization.

"Yeah, that's a long story for another time." He said. Michelle fondled the chain delicately between her fingers.

"This seems pretty important. Are you sure you want me to keep it?"

"I trust you with it. Keep it safe for me until I come back." He said with a nod. "It'll also be proof that this wasn't a dream." Michelle felt slightly mollified.

"You know it's my graduation today. I expect you to be present." She said almost petulantly. Brook rolled his eyes.

"You seriously think I'm not gonna come back? I'm not missing my girlfriend's graduation. Who else is gonna parade you around the campus?" Michelle giggled, remembering his promise to her the day after her twenty-first birthday last year.

"Good. It starts at eleven, don't forget." She said. He kissed her cheek.

"Not a chance." He said before opening the window. He put one leg out and Michelle sat up in bed.

"Brook! What are you doing? You could use the door!"

"And risk being seen by someone? Uh-uh." Michelle half smiled, half frowned.

"Can't you leave like a normal person for once?" she asked. He winked at her.

"Now where's the fun in that?" he asked before sprinting out the window onto the ledges below. Michelle laughed softly. Some things wouldn't change. She lay back down, still feeling sleepy. Best catch a few more ZZZs. Michelle closed her eyes and drifted back to sleep, with a content smile as she thought of Brook.

Greetings, beautiful readers!
This is the first time I'm attempting to write those cute little author's notes I've come across at the end of chapters in other books. I found them fun and interactive with the reader so I decided to share my thoughts with you and hear what you guys have to say as well. So here I go.
Michelle and Brook are back, picking up where they left off (steamy moments to blush at 😳) and the story continues. I know Rebel Heart ended on an unfinished note, kinda like an imperfect cadence (Michelle's a music student so that's a pun) and the end was just the beginning of a new harmony. Hope you're looking forward to seeing where the story goes.

Don't you just love how interactive Wattpad is? Do leave your thoughts and votes if you're hooked! 💬⭐

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

937K 40.7K 34
Austin and Vanessa have been together for 6 years, since college, Vanessa is 25 and Austin is 28, Austin surprises Vanessa with a 14 night, 15 day Ca...
564K 19.5K 65
[+18]* NOW COMPLETE* Back Series Book 2 Dylan's been a good boy all his life but there's this insurgent flame that has been burning inside him and it...
34.4K 3.1K 81
Year 2095, couples are now decided and set by the Marriage Matchmaker application, and any other romantic interaction besides this match is strictly...
547K 26.3K 69
*FREE STORY: ONLY BONUS CONTENT IS PAID! COMPLETED! The only new content is bonus content* Noelle Hart's life has taken an unexpected shift that will...