ELYSIUM β€’ G. WEASLEY

By -hellsqueen

"Seems like I've died and gotten to Elysium." The concept of soulmates in the wizarding world was one that ha... More

PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
EPILOGUE

EIGHT

288 21 16
By -hellsqueen

George knew he was in trouble. It wasn't because he had done something wrong in his work or because he had had a fight with his family. It was because Iris hadn't left his mind ever since they had last seen each other when they went to the movies together and to make matters worse, now when he saw her in front of him he had the need to get even closer.

He didn't remember if her eyes had always seemed to sparkle so beautifully, ready to catch fire the moment she heard something she was passionate about. He couldn't quite recall if her hair always fell around her face that way, if her features had always been so sweet yet intimidating at the same time. He didn't know when he had started to see Iris this way but part of him believed he had never seen her any differently.

He thought there was a word for this, the instant attraction he had felt towards her. People said it was love at first sight but that would imply he had loved her looks, when George had adored her personality and her opinions and stayed. Perhaps a better word to describe what he felt for her would be the soulmate bond. There were times he thought she really could be his soulmate, if those were easy to find. And here the problem made itself known, because George didn't know whether she felt the same way he did.

Sometimes George thought there was no way she felt the same, when they were so much different and she was so brilliant, days when he felt small and incapable of doing much and being in her presence didn't make him feel any different than he usually did.

There was never a day he felt small in her presence though, never. George always basked in her presence no matter how he felt and she never put him down, always listened. George felt more like himself around her than he did around anyone else.

Even though there were some days George felt no difference around Iris, there were times when just standing beside her made him feel accomplished, like he could take on any task in the world and succeed. Even though he was no one special, she made him feel unique.

Today was one of those days. Iris had dropped by his apartment with the help of Hermione so they could spend a while around each other. She had taken it upon herself to bring some colour into his apartment it seemed—and his life, even though he hadn't quite admitted that to himself yet—and so she had brought over with her a bouquet of flowers as a gift, red, white and pink flowers now adorning a vase in the kitchen. Her light blue jacket had been left on a chair by the door.

Anything Iris owned, left around the house, brought colour to the dull furniture in various shades of brown even though they seemed a bit out of place. George actually loved seeing her things left all around even though he hadn't quite realized that himself yet.

The apartment had been filled with laughter ever since she stepped foot in it, wide smiles that left George dizzy when he looked for too long, shy touches that lingered on his skin long after Iris had moved her arm away. After a few hours, they had decided to take out a chessboard George owned and to start playing. Iris had been amazed by the moving pawns who kept on talking during the game. She had looked up at George as if he had done something groundbreaking and he had felt warm under her gaze, the kind of warmth that traveled all the way within and filled him from the inside out.

"You really don't know chess, do you?" he asked, aiming to tease. His jab was harmless and Iris knew it, only let out a small chuckle in return as she looked over at him. George attempted to not let himself be endeared at the sight of her. He failed.

"I've never played chess with pawns who suggest what I should do next. They are distracting me."

He laughed softly in return, and as Iris looked away, slightly bashful, he knew his gaze had warmed. Merlin, he was a fool.

He didn't quite recall when was the last time he had felt like this. No person before had managed to make him think of them at all times of the day, to imagine what it would be like if they saw something he did, he had never seen something that reminded him of another like that. Iris had well and truly taken over his thoughts and his mind and the worst part of this was that he had no wish to stop it from happening.

"So, I have a day off next Saturday," she began as she chose her next move, ignoring her pawns' protests as she looked over at George. "I was thinking we could go to an amusement park, if you have the time for it."

"I'll be sure to make time for it," was his instant response, not realizing how cheeky he sounded until he said it. Iris only laughed, thankfully, didn't make fun of him for it. His humiliation didn't lessen though as he cleared his throat, forced himself to think of saying something else. "I haven't been to an amusement park before."

"Oh, they are great," she beamed over at him, "there are roller coasters that move really fast, rides with water, things that lift you up in the air and then quickly bring you down to the ground and there is always a ferris wheel which is one of my personal favourites because you end up having a wonderful view most of the time. You will love it, really."

George knew there was no chance he wouldn't if she was by his side.

The day they were to go to the amusement park he spent about an hour getting ready only to end up wearing casual clothes, a pair of jeans and a shirt he always tended to wear when he headed to the muggle world. When he knocked on Iris's door she was ready already, thankfully dressed similarly to him, and she didn't waste a moment to reach for his hand and start dragging him away to where George assumed was the amusement park.

The park was a lot bigger than George originally thought it was. There were a lot of people there too, mostly people around their age or families with their children. Iris was more excited than all other times he had ever seen her before, eager to go in all rides before they were to leave.

It was clear to George that she loved the quick rides the most, her grin before and after they had left the ride so wide he was certain the muscles around her mouth were hurting from how much she was using them. He knew his expression wasn't much different, though. Seeing her so happy made him pleased. He couldn't have restrained his smile even if he wanted to.

George loved all rides that were speedy, and to Iris's ear, he whispered it felt like he was on a broom again, soaring across the skies. She had laughed in return before she agreed that theoretically, it could feel like that. Yet despite his love for speed, it was clear the moment he stepped on the ferris wheel this was going to be his favourite ride.

It was only he and Iris in the compartment as the door closed and they started to move, getting higher and higher. Iris beside him was positively vibrating with excitement, her gaze locked on the horizon where in a while they would be able to see the view of the city. The setting sun hit her face just so, painting her hair in a scarlet hue and making her eyes appear as if they were on fire. She looked positively radiant, and at the moment, George wanted nothing more than to kiss her. Slowly, sneakily, he moved a little bit closer. And he mustered all courage he had.

"I want - uh. Can I kiss you?"

Iris's eyes widened. She snapped her head towards him. "What?"

"What?" George instantly deflected, looked away as quickly as she had looked at him. Iris let out a shocked burst of laughter.

"You said you wanted to kiss me!" she exclaimed, her eyes widening further along with her smile as George pretended to look to the clouds. "You really mean that?"

"There are a lot of meanings this sentence could have-"

"George."

He caved, let out a sigh. Slowly, he turned to face her. "You are really pretty, you know. And I like you. I mean, I enjoy your company."

"I had no idea."

"You are not making this easier, you know."

Her grin was so wide by now he was sure it was hurting her cheeks.

"I thought you were supposed to be brave and all that, that's what Hermione said-"

"You don't get to use that against me!"

"No? I think I will. I think I-"

He reached forward, placed a hand on her jaw. She instantly fell quiet and before she had the chance to fire back another retort, he kissed her.

Iris seemed to melt against him. She kissed him back, hardly managing to follow his slow rhythm, always attempting to hurry him along, speed up the pace. But George wanted to savour the moment. He could taste a hint of mint in her mouth and her lips were soft, pressing against his with a burning intensity he tried to quel. George thought perhaps that was what having a nice ever after meant.

"Slow down," he muttered against her lips with a chuckle when she tried to speed up the kiss once more. Iris pressed one more kiss to his lips before she pulled back, bashfully looked down.

"Sorry."

"Don't apologize," he shook his head, already leaning in to kiss her once more and she gladly let him take all he needed, giving all he wanted without asking. It wasn't too long later when he pulled back again though, distracted. "I'm sorry, did you want to watch the sunset?"

"What?" Iris croaked out, taking a moment to process his question, dragging her gaze away from his lips to the view before she let out a groan of frustration. "No, I don't want to watch the sunset."

She reached for his shirt and pulled him down, kissing him once more. George let out a small sound of surprise as he had no choice to follow her own, quick pace. He barely had the time to breathe in between kisses.

"Hey – sweetheart, slow down."

Iris was reluctant to part from him. George didn't miss that detail. His lips curled into a smirk. "Where did your self control go?"

She huffed, "You were the one who wanted to kiss me."

"You almost jumped me!"

"You should be flattered!"

George laughed, reached over to peck her lips. "And I am. Let's get you home."

Iris didn't protest and soon enough they were leaving the ferris wheel. Even though he hadn't seen the view, George could confidently say it was his favourite ride.

The way back to Iris's house was spent in comfortable silence, the two of them holding hands all the while, standing close together even though there was plenty of space in the sidewalk for them to move. George only let her hand go when they reached her house and she needed to unlock the door. When the door opened, she didn't step inside. She turned around to face George, a smile on her lips he found himself returning.

"I had a great time," she told him, suddenly shy. George thought that made her all the more endearing.

"We should go on a date again," he suggested, "in my world next time. I'll take you to Hogsmeade, it's right next to Hogwarts, you will love it."

"I'll let you know when is my next day off," she assured him at once. Before George would leave, she got closer, pressed a kiss against his lips. She stepped back just as quickly as she had gotten close but he didn't let her leave, placing instead an arm on her lower back to prevent her from moving further away. He sent her a small smirk.

"What was that about?"

"Something to remember me," she replied, her smile somewhat shy.

"I didn't need that to remember you," he countered, his smile widening, "but if you are offering-"

He leaned in but Iris moved back, giggling all the while. He only managed to press a kiss against her cheek before he pulled back, ready to go.

"I'll see you around, Iris."

"Come by anytime," she greeted him.

Iris stayed by the door until she could no longer see him. Only then did she close the door, her face splitting in a wide smile. She leaned her head against the door, closed her eyes. And squealed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 69.6K 76
on the surface, the two couldn't have been more different. he was cruel, arrogant, and cold; she was quiet, mellow, and kind. however, the two stude...
9.5K 212 15
[ON PAUSE] A soulmate it's like a best friend, but more. It's the one person in the world that kens you better than anyone else. A soulmate is someon...
3.6K 61 55
Hermione's life becomes infinitely better when she begins speaking to her soulmate on her 10th birthday, when ink on one begins appearing on the othe...
550K 16.9K 25
【 π’πŽπ”π‹πŒπ€π“π„π’ 𝐀𝐔 】 π…π«πžπ π–πžπšπ¬π₯𝐞𝐲 β™‘ π…πžπ¦!π‘πžπšππžπ« β™‘ π†πžπ¨π«π πž π–πžπšπ¬π₯𝐞𝐲 Everyone has a soulmate. The String of Fate w...