Fighting For You (Book 2)

By book-lover4ever

Fight! Fight! FIGHT!!! When everything that you've ever loved has been taking away from you, what would yo... More

Darkness hides the truth
Black Widow
What a bloody mess
Frankly, he deserves to die
The thing about young love
Is it morning already?
Locked up like this
Sex, secrets and lies are a killer combination
Oh brother, what a mess
Hunting little red
Beauty and the blade
I'm back motherf**kers!
Whole again
You don't know me, Bitch!
Love, lies and Sex
Oh, but it hurts so good
The devil's wife
Be still my beating heart
Ready or not, here I come
Death becomes her
Rivers Run Red
Tears Of A Killer
Rose Red With Black Thorn
Carbon Copy
Honey trap
Not quite lacey enough
Pretty little bate
Thy Sons and Daughters
History repeats
She is, or she isn't?
Confused Heart
Field Mission
Everything is Rosey
Lacey's Troubles
Mystery Woman
Forgotten, but not gone
This one, that one, which one?
Now she knows
Young love
Mystery Woman
Mummy Dearest
Lost Girl
His undoing
Terrible Trouble
Once broken, now fixed
Meet up
Family Feud
The Calm Before The Storm
Revelations - Part One
Revelations - Part Two
Richard
GIVEAWAY CHAPTER
One down
Addison
Perfect bate
Have the dress, but not the man
Two is a couple, three is a nuisance
Operation graveyard
Crazy bitch alert
Long overdue
Author's note

A family again

2.3K 127 102
By book-lover4ever

Hello, my lovelies! I'm back with another chapter. Sorry, it took me so long to update. I was busy with work all week. I plan to write at least two more chapters by Monday, so look out for that. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and it's not too boring for you. 

I love you guys! I hope you all have fun reading and enjoy your weekend. Do you have anything special planned for the weekend? Let me know. 

P.S. Since all of you like the idea of the first book being turned into a paperback for the giveaway, I will do just that. I will upload a chapter after this, telling you the instructions on how to participate. 

Enjoy my lovelies and look out for that chapter!

*****

Lacey P.O.V

She looked like me, but I didn't feel like she was me. I've watched all the videos and looked at all the pictures, but still, I did not connect with her. Lilly Mae Black. Who was she?

"You've been looking at those videos for the past two days."

Sighing, I tore my eyes away from the screen. I was trying really hard to find some sort of connection with the smiling girl on the screen, but she felt so foreign to me.

"If I'm her, why don't I remember anything? If I'm her, why do I feel so disconnected from her?"

I wanted to believe that I was his long-lost wife, but I couldn't help the doubt that was lingering in the air. What if he's got the wrong woman? What if I made myself believe, only to find out after that it was all a mistake?

There were so many what-ifs, and none of them was good. It was all so confusing. I didn't feel like Alice in wonderland. No, I felt like Alice in 'The lying Games.' Nothing was what it seemed, and my entire life felt like it was a lie. Which life was mine? Which one did I really belong to?

"You've had your memories suppressed for years, it will take some time for them to resurface again, baby."

He sounded so sure, and I wanted to believe. I really wanted to, but I felt like he wanted me to be her more than I wanted to be her. If I accepted that we were the same person, then I'd have to accept that the past five years of my life was a lie. I'd have to come to terms with the reality that everyone in my life lied to me. My friends and my family. I'd have to accept that the people I trusted and loved for five years, all had a hand in ruining my life. As much as I wanted to believe what Killian was saying, I couldn't handle the emotional pain that came with it.

"What if you're wrong? What if the woman staying in that hotel is really your wife? What will you do then?"

He moved closer to me on the couch. He palmed my face, using the pad of his thumb to wipe my tears. I didn't even know that I was crying until he touched me.

"I know that you are my wife. I felt it from the moment I laid eyes on you in my club. My heart knew even before I did. I've never felt anything like that with her. She may look like you used to look, but that's where it ends."

Nodding my head, I smiled timidly. He brushed the hair away from my face before pulling me into his arm. I snuggled in closer to him, welcoming the comfort that he was offering me.

I might not connect with the girl in those pictures and videos, but I did feel a very strong pull towards him. In his arms, I felt like I belong. My world might be falling to pieces around me, but he was the only thing keeping me grounded. Keeping me sane. I would have given up and ran if it wasn't for him.

"Mummy, mummy."

I turned to look at my children, but still staying in his embrace. At the moment, he felt like my safe place. And with all that was going on around me, I didn't want to give up my safe place.

"Yes, darling?"

Liliane was breathless, but excitement and curiosity were burning in her eyes. My boys were no different also.

"We got lost." She said it like it was the most fun thing ever.

"Yeah, it took us ages to find you again." Kailo nodded his head.

"This house is bigger than our entire school!" Liam said in awe.

I smiled at them. It made me happy to see them smiling and enjoying themselves. Anything was better than them having to relive the memory of what Richard did to me.

"This house is your home now."

My heart skipped a beat at his words. I knew he meant well, but I didn't want my kids getting too attached to him or his house, because I still had my doubts about being his wife.

I was about to tell him just that, but the look of utter excitement and happiness in my kids face stopped me. If I said something, it would surely upset them, robbing them of that happy look.

"Really? We get to live here forever?"

They asked Killian the question, but their eyes were on me. What could I say? I couldn't tell them, yes, and I couldn't tell them no.

Killian must have sensed my dilemma, because his hand that was around me, squeezed my shoulder in reassurance.

"Yes, and tomorrow you'll get to meet your two big sisters."

I froze, biting down on the panic that was threatening to break free. I didn't know if that was such a good idea, especially when I wasn't a hundred per cent sure if I was truly his wife. It would be very confusing and upsetting for everyone involved if it all turned out to be one big misunderstanding. I didn't want to get my kids hopes up, by giving them a family and a home that wasn't theirs.

"We have older sisters?"

Liliane seemed especially excited. She loved her brothers, but she had always wanted a sister who would be more interested in doing things that she liked.

"Yeah, and they will be very happy to meet you."

I closed my eyes to try and hide from my nervousness, but the constant heavy thud of my heart wouldn't stop. If Killian was right, then I had two daughters that spent the last five years without their mother. Thinking that their mother was dead. But if he was wrong, they would hate me for trying to take the place of their mother.

"I've always wanted sisters!" Liliane squealed happily.

"Do we have brothers too? I want a brother." Liam asked.

Killian laughed, rustling the hair on Liam's head. "Not right now. But give me a few months, I'm working on it." He winked at Liam.

I rolled my eyes, feeling slightly at ease. Liam and Kailo nodded their head, seriously, like they understood what Killian was saying.

I playfully slapped his arm. "Don't get my kids hopes up."

"I meant every word." He kissed my cheeks, making me blush.

"Come on, Kai and Liam, let's go exploring again."

The three of them ran off, heading towards the back of the house. I watched as they disappeared. With them gone, my anxiety came back in full swing.

Killian pulled me closer to him. "Stop worrying so much. The girls will love you. They will be happy to have you back in their lives."

That was the problem. I knew that they would be happy. But what if it all turned out not to be true? I couldn't help the dread in the pit of my stomach that was telling me something very bad was about to happen.

"I don't know about this, Killian. Maybe the triplets and I should just find somewhere else to stay."

Placing his hands on my shoulders, he gently pushed me out, so that I was facing him. there was so much love in his eyes, but I knew that it was not meant for me. It was meant for her. His wife.

"You're staying here. I've missed the last five years of your life, I'm not about to miss another second of it."

I sighed deeply. It was no use arguing with him. He firmly believed that I was his wife and nothing I say would have changed his mind.

"Okay. But—"

"I've got it!" Mik interrupted, waving a brown envelope in his hand.

Killian's hands dropped from my shoulders as he stood. Mik walked over to him and handed him the envelope. Killian took it, turning it over in his hand, almost testing the weight.

I watched it with fright and curiosity. It was just a piece of paper, but what was written on it held my life. Blowing out a breath, Killian ripped the seal and pulled out the white sheet inside. I stayed seated, not daring to get up and look. My hands held each other in my lap. My eyes were glued to my nails that looked like they were in desperate need of a trim.

"You were right, man. She is our Lilly."

My eyes shot up at the glee in Mik's voice. He was bouncing on his feet, unable to contain his excitement. Killian was still looking at the sheet of paper, but a satisfied grin was on his face. Immediately I rose to my feet, leaning into him so that I could get a glimpse of the content.

The words matched and 99.9%, popped out at me. I grabbed the paper from Killian's hand, needing to have a closer look. It said that my triplets were indeed his kids. I read it over and over, fearing that it might change the next time I read it. But every time it said the same thing.

"Oh my god! Oh my god!"

The paper was crushed in my grip as I tried my best to come to terms with what I was reading. Killian has been telling me for the past two days that my kids were his, and I was his wife. It freaked me out at first, but I got used to it. However, seeing actual proof hit differently.

My eyes refused to leave the paper, still not fully believing what I was seeing. Could it all really be true? Am I really his wife? Did Richard really keep me, prisoner, for five years?

"That's not all. Turn it over."

I looked up at Mik confused, but he just nodded to the paper in my hand. With hands that had started shaking, I turned the paper over and resumed reading. Killian looked over my shoulders, reading with me.

Right at the top of the page is said, 'blood sampled matched 99.9% to Roselia Black. My breath caught in my throat as I played the words over in my head. If what I was reading was true, then I was indeed Lilly. Roselia's mother.

Killian swore. I turned to look at him, but his eyes were glued to something written at the bottom of the sheet. My eyes followed his. A loud gasp escaped me when I saw what he was staring at.

"I have a twin. She's my twin?"

"Yeah. The reason why the test results were so f**ked up before, is because identical twins have the same DNA. That's why the woman in that hotel's DNA matched Rose. This would have all been confusing if the triplets didn't carry your DNA. We might have never found out which one is the real Lilly."

Mik was looking at Killian as if it was all just one big fascinating puzzle that he was happy to finally solve.

"Who the f**k would have thought that two people could have identical DNA? The things you learn. It's f**king mind-blowing!"

Killian ran his hand through his hair. "This doesn't make any sense. There are no medical records of Lilly having a twin."

Mik nodded. "Either her parents have something to hide, or the hospital has something to hide. Either way, someone has a lot of explaining to do."

He gave Killian a serious look. "You might not want to, but you're going to have to bring her parents in on this. You're going to have to let both women meet their parents."

Killian sighed deeply. Nodding his head and closing his eyes to take it all in. When he opened them back, they were filled with determination.

"I guess there's no better time than the present."

Mik smiled. "F**k yeah! I love watching Lilly's family eying you with murderous intent. I'm excited to see how you're going to explain to them that their daughter who they thought was dead for twelve years, was actually alive all this time."

Mik chuckled. "I wonder how that conversation will go? Surprise! Your daughter isn't dead after all. Actually, five years ago I found out she wasn't dead, but then I thought my psycho ex killed her, so I didn't tell you about it. However, I found out now that that also wasn't true. But guess what, now she has no memory of any of us. But it's not so bad, cause at least we have her back. Oh, and you've got five grandchildren, two of which I've had for the last five years."

At the end of the simulation, Mik was keeled over laughing. I frowned at him because I didn't find any of what he said funny. It sounded horrible.

"Laugh it up, asshole. Laugh it up."

Mik eased up with his laughing, but small chuckles still escaped him. He raised his hand in surrender when Killian threatened to shoot him if he didn't stop.

"You've gotta admit. This is some funny tv show bullshit. Stuff like this doesn't happen in real life. Your life is like something out of a very cheesy novel. It's like someone just sat down one day and was like... Umm, how can I f**k up Killian's life in a way that has never been done before?"

Killian snorted, emulating how I was feeling. Mik was right, our life was very f**ked up.

"But that aside," he came over to me, scooping me up in his arms and spinning me around. "I'm so f**king glad that you're alive. I didn't think I could live with a moping Killian any longer. He was starting to make me wanna kill myself from the sorry state he was in."

The move was so sudden that I squealed. A laugh escaped me when he placed me back on my feet. Killian's hand slipped around my waist when I almost lost my balance.

"Welcome back, sis." Mik smiled happily at me.

I returned his smile but was still feeling unsure about everything. "Thanks, I guess."

Killian squeezed my waist. "Now, all we have to do is tell the girls that their mother is alive."

My anxiety kicked up again and I swallowed. Rose and Freya were staying with Jessy. Killian made up an excuse as to why they couldn't be at the house since I wasn't ready to meet them. I still didn't know if I was ready, but I guess that I'd have to do it sooner or later.

"Don't worry about it, man. Rose and Freya will be happy to finally have their mother back."

"What!"

The shocked sound came from across the room. We all turned to see two figures standing a little in the shadows. I knew it was them. My daughters.

"Mum?"

The little one said, stepping forward. "Is it really you? Are you really alive?"

As she came more into the light, I recognised her from the pizza place in the mall.

She stepped forward more and was about to run to me, but the older girl stopped her.

"Don't be silly, Rosey. That is not our mum." Her words cut at my heart like a sharp knife. "Our mum would never leave us for five years. She would never let us live without her. She is not our mother!"

Tears fell freely down my face as Freya held tightly on Rose's hand. Rose tried to break free, but Freya held firmly. The younger girl looked between her sister and me, confused which one she should believe.

"Maybe she couldn't come to us. Maybe, it was dangerous, and she had to leave us. Freya please, there must be an explanation why she left us."

Freya looked unsure. Her brow knitted as she looked at me. Tears that she was trying to hold back, flow down her face. Slowly she loosened her grip on Rose. Her lips trembled as she gulped for air.

"Mum." She whispered before both of them ran forward. Throwing themselves into my arms.

"Mum, we missed you so much."

I held them. Crying. Just like Killian, they felt so right. They felt perfect like they belong to me, and I belong to them. Maybe it was all true. Maybe this was my family after all. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.9K 1.2K 39
|c o m p l e t e| Life is risky, love is dangerous, but both are worth it _____ We had our little staring contest before he suddenly let go of my thi...
50.5K 1.8K 32
He once told me no one knows the real him.I didn't think he meant it, and not in a good way. He is a straight A student, and everyone knows it, not t...
26.2K 652 26
" this all is your fucking fault" all of a sudden I was slammed against my locker,towering over me was my arch enemy 'Sam the Dam'. My head was pound...
387K 12K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...