The Land of Dreams Book 2 (Ya...

By FreeFlyer68

It's been four years since Bruno and Y/n defeated Ji-Young and everything is at peace. Y/n is a college stude... More

A New Life
Leaving Evergreen
A Summer Home
Embracing the Feelings
First Date Together Pt. 1
A Little Rain Pt. 2
A Bad Dream
Calling Maria
Bruno's Work
A New Figure
In Memory of. . .
A Red Rose From A Purple Rose
One out of a Million
Saying Goodbye
Meeting Again
A Red and Blue Test
Hello, Number Ten
Making a Plan
A Moment of Love
A Promise
Until Death do us Part
A Little Stuck
The Start of the End
Back to the Present
Here We Go
The Right to Life
To Rest

A Fever and a Fear

260 9 0
By FreeFlyer68

Quickly you sat up in the bed, and you were taking in deep breaths of air, so surprised that the air left you. The sun was barely touching the horizon, and you looked at the time to see that it was five in the morning. You brought your knees up to your chest, and a headache started to form. You didn't feel like being alone, so you slowly slipped out of bed and walked to the door. You stepped into the hallway and walked to Bruno's room. You opened the door slowly and stepped into his room. The dark blue walls didn't calm you as you walked closer to his bed. Bruno laid underneath the sheets of his bed in a deep sleep. He was lying on his side with his hands underneath the pillow, and you could hear his light breathing. You walked to his side and crouched on the floor. You placed your hand on his arm and shook him lightly. It didn't take long for him to start stirring. He used one of his arms to push on the sheets, and he rubbed his eyes with his other hand.

   " Mmm, Y/n? What are you doing up this early? "

   " I'll explain later, I just. . .I don't want to be by myself. "

   " Why? What happened? "

   " Can I stay here? "

   " Yeah. "

Bruno leaned over and pulled the bedsheets on the empty side of his bed. He patted the spot and looked back at you.

   " Come lay down. "

You did as he said and walked over to the empty side of the bed and laid down. Bruno turned over in the bed and pulled the sheets over you. You pulled the top sheet closer to you. Bruno now laid down on his side facing you. He pulled you towards him, and he wrapped his arm around your shoulder and his other around your waist. Your head rested on the pillows but was pressed against his chest. 

   " Y/n, you're concerning me. What happened? "

   " Just a bad dream. I'm still tired but I don't want to go to sleep. "

   " I'm here, Y/n. You can go to sleep. I'm a light sleeper so if you wake up from another nightmare I'll be here to calm you down. And just remember that we got rid of the threat a long time ago, he can't hurt you now. "

   ' I'm not sure of that anymore. '

   " Bruno, let's talk about this in the morning. "

   " Alright, for now try and sleep. I'm here. "

You only nodded as a tawn escaped your mouth. Then, you wrapped your arms around Bruno and relaxed in his arms. Finally, you fell back to sleep, and so did Bruno. You didn't have another nightmare or a dream, for that matter. Bruno didn't have any dreams either, and when he woke up, you were still asleep against his chest. He sighed and looked at the clock on his wall. He had an hour to get ready before he needed to head into work. He kept his head on his pillow and looked back down at you.

   ' I don't want to leave her. What ever happened last night must have shaken her up badly. '

Bruno didn't want to leave you in the house alone, but he couldn't miss work. Things were already crazy there, and without him, it wouldn't get any better. He knew he had to choose between going to work and staying with you, but it wasn't a hard choice at all. Bruno slowly took his arms off of you, and he slid out of your arms and replaced his spot with a pillow. Then, he grabbed his phone and walked downstairs to start making breakfast.

   ' I think a small breakfast will work for today. '

When Bruno got downstairs, he walked into the kitchen and started getting ingredients ready. Once all of the ingredients were in front of him, he dialed his office phone.

   " Hello? "

   " Jin? "

   " Bruno! Hey, bud. How's it going? "

   " I'm sorry I think I called the wrong number. "

   " You were calling your boss weren't you? Mr. Arden? "

   " Yeah, did I call the right number and you picked up the phone because you're in his office? "

   " Yes, exactly. I'm in Allen's office sitting on one of his guest chairs. We were in a meeting when his phone started to ring and before he could silence it I put the phone on speaker and answered it. "

   " But isn't that a little rude? "

   " Not at all. This meeting is about the evaluations I've made so far. And as his superior it's not rude. Now, Allen you can take care of the rest but I need to hear the call. "

   " Why? This doesn't pertain to you-" 

   " It does, so please continue as if I wasn't here. " Jin said, interrupting his boss, Allen.

   " Yes, Bruno? What is it you need? " Allen Arden asked.

   " I was calling in to say that I won't be able to come into work today. "

   " What? Why can you not come into work? Are you sick? You sound fine. . ."

   " Mr. Arden, I'm not sick-"

   " Then you can come into work. "

   " Mr. Arden I'm afraid I'm in a spot that I need to stay home you see my girlfri-my roommate isn't feeling well, and I don't feel comfortable leaving her here. "

   ' I forgot we've only been on one date. I haven't asked her to be my girlfriend yet. ' Bruno thought.

   " Bruno I can't have you sick. Do you realize we are under enough stress as it is? "

   " Yes sir, but I also have some vacation days saved up. I've never left work early, I've always done my job correctly, and I've never asked for a day off. I want to take one of my vacation days so I could stay home and take care of-"

   " Bruno, there will be no more of this! If you're not sick then come into work or be fired! "

   " Woah, Woah there, Allen. What's with so much yelling from you, and yet Bruno is so calm? " Jin said.

   " Bruno, Explain the situation to me instead of Allen. You said that your roommate isn't doing well? I could have sworn earlier you were about to say 'girlfriend' so I'm going to assume you haven't asked her to be yours yet. Explain everything to me." Jin continued.

Bruno sighed and took a deep breath. His cheeks were red, but he put that aside for this call.

   " My loved one isn't feeling well. She woke me up early this morning, shaken up by what I don't know. This morning she was still asleep, and I don't feel comfortable leaving her at the house alone today. I want to be with her to make sure everything is okay and that there's nothing wrong. "

Slowly you stepped into the room awake. You had the pillow still in your hands, but you didn't look good.

   " In fact, she just walked into the kitchen and she doesn't look too well. She's a little sluggish and her face is red. I've never missed a day of work, I've never called out of work, and I've done my job correctly since I was hired. I also have vacation days I've saved up and I know I have the right to use them. I want to use one vacation day for today so I can take care of her. THat's all I'm asking for. "

   " Hmm, I think you're right. I mean from my evaluations you are an excellent worker. Your record is clean and you have never missed a day of work. I think asking for a day off today is perfectly fine, especially if it's to take care of your lover. I wouldn't want to leave my wife, Mary, home alone when she's sick. So, I approve of it. You can take the day off today. "

   " Thank you, Jin. "

   " No, thank you, Bruno. You've just helped me finish up my evaluation on your boss Allen here. Now I know what kind of boss he is. I'll see you in the office tomorrow, take care of your future girlfriend. "

   " Already on it, bye. "

Bruno hung up the phone and set it on the counter. He walked over towards you and placed his hand on your forehead. Your head felt hot, and it reflected in your cheeks, and by how hot your head was, he knew that it was a high fever. Bruno walked to the freezer and pulled out an icepack, and placed it on your head. Your eyes followed him the entire time.

   " I'm staying home to take care of you. So, don't do anything but relax. I don't even know how you got such a fever. "

   " Are you sure? What about work? "

   " I'm taking a day off so I can stay here and watch after you. Don't worry about work. Do you want to stay in here or go lay back in bed? "

   " I want to go back to bed. "

   " Okay, let me carry you back up. You still look dazed. "

Bruno placed his arm behind your back and underneath your knees. He picked you up and started walking to the stairs. The pillow was left behind, and you cuddled into his warmth. Bruno noticed how you left his bedroom door open, and he was grateful. He walked into his room and placed you on the bed. 

   " Stay here while I make breakfast okay? I'll get a fan going so you can cool down. "

You only nodded, and Bruno kissed your forehead before turning the fan on and walking back to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.4K 1.2K 16
Y/N is the average girl. not pretty not ugly. not dumb not smart. and she lives a average life. everything normal until a certain boy comes into her...
230K 6.4K 58
(Y/n) knows the truth. She knows what he is. What a monster he can, and could be. But it was too late for her to know, now she is trap. Trap inside a...
257K 9.1K 49
(Y/n) opens her eyes to find out she's... dead? And she certainly isn't the only one. Everyone in the house seems to have their eyes on the new perso...
Their Call By pan_shelf

Mystery / Thriller

1.9K 69 43
Voices, visions and the death of someone close to her wasn't what (Y/n) (L/n) was expecting when she first started college. She also didn't expect b...