Luke Hemmings - Roommates

By xoHemmingsGirlxo

"I'll take a vodka and orange please." I asked politely but I couldn't seem to force a smile onto my face lik... More

Roommates
First Day
Making the team
Josh's Party
First Game
Nightmares
Pillow Fight
Broken Hearts and Black Eyes
Parties and Drunk Kisses
Goalpost Nutter
Go easy on him
Girl's Night Out
I Called It
Pain is weakness
Christmas Tree
Driving Home For Christmas
Finish This In Hell
Getting to know each other
New Years
Golden Oppurtunity
All My Fault
Needed Some Advice
Secrets
Fearless
Congratulations
Don't Want To Remember
Too little too late
Communication Is The Key
It's Never Goodbye
Lost Everything
New Beginning
Part Of The Family
A Life On The Road
Not your problem
Everybody has a story
First for everything
I'm All Yours
Don't want to disappoint
Don't want you to regret
Night of Nights
Didn't want to tell you
Tell Me You Love Me
Stop It
Are you sure?
Start Again
Going on an adventure
Take the first shift
One Night Only
Self-destruct
Weaker than she looks
What Do You See?
Can happy ever after exist?
First Hello and Final Goodbye
One Final Farewell
Dear Kenzie
Not Worth It
Never Trust A Hug
Nut-job with a Gun
Any Final Words?
Roommates
Sequel

Back to Square One

756 20 9
By xoHemmingsGirlxo

We finally finished our breakfast and they left leaving only me and Lindsey at the table. I held little baby Kayla in my arms looking down at her sleeping face. I went and stood where Lindsey was stood. 'She looks so much like her dad.' Lindsey signed as she dried her hands and I passed her Kayla back.

'I just wish they could have met each other.' She nodded at me before walking back upstairs to do whatever she was going to do while I walked into the living room phone in hand. I was texting one of my old friends when I noticed the boys shouting. "No way, you have your own security." Michael shouted. I'm guessing the figured out who Stephen is. "What do you do?"

"They got him to keep me out of trouble." I mumbled not looking up. "Now he just sort of grew on us so he just scares people away more than anything." I threw myself down onto one of the three couches. I was half way through sending a text when a hand grabbed my phone and I only had enough time to lock my phone. I don't exactly want them reading my messages. They'll flip. Finally I looked up to see Stephen holding my phone above his head out of my reach since he was even taller than Luke and I'm only five, six. "Stephen man." I sighed.

"What?" He smirked handing my phone to Ash. He then passed it to Luke and so on and so on until I finally stood up ready to grab it whenever it was passed next. Michael passed it to Stephen and I actually managed to grab it before it slipped out of my hand. "That's it." I jumped wrapping my legs around Stephens's waist and allowing my arms to hand loosely around his neck so that I didn't fall off his back. He just passed the phone on but this time I managed to get a good grip on it so I went flying over his shoulder luckily landing on the couch. The first thing I did was slip my phone into the waist band of my pants and pulled my top over it to cover it. "You're no fun." Luke joked and the others all laughed taking up spaces on the other couches.

"I'll be back in a minute." I needed to finish sending this text. I stood outside in the garden where I wouldn't be disturbed and phoned Andy. "Hey midget." He laughed through the phone.

"That's a lovely way to greet me. What are you up to?"

"Right now nothing. Well apart from talking to you but that still qualifies as nothing." I rolled my eyes at him even though he couldn't see me.

"I mean what are you up to tonight? I've got an idea of how to have some fun." He clicked on to what I was on about and I know that because I heard him groan down the phone.

"Kenzie are you sure you want to do that? You've been done with it for four month."

"Are you up for it?"

"Definitely. Meet me at our usual place at eleven." I nodded and then remembered he couldn't see me.

"Meet you there." I hung up and turned around walking right into Luke. "Everything alright?" I asked as he pulled me into him stabilizing us so we didn't fall due to the impact.

"Can we talk?" I nodded walking us over to the garden bench getting slightly worried about the fact he avoided my question. "Why do you hate her so much you were actually willing to kill her?" How do I explain this in a way he'll understand? I was tempted just to make up a lie but then I remember my promise to myself. Whatever he wants to know, he knows.

"She showed up at Jordan's funeral. She kept calling me by the name she gave me, pretending she actually cared. I kept catching her smiling and could hear her talking to her husband during the ceremony. I was slightly drunk afterwards and she took advantage of it. We got into a fight and I told her never to come near me again because thanks to her I almost got arrested."

"Now I understand." He sympathized. "Would you have actually killed her?" I shook my head because no matter how tempted I was I know I never would have done it. She's not worth the prison sentence or the energy it would have taken. "Okay." He kissed my forehead before heading back inside. I spent the rest of the day laughing and joking with my parents and friends all the while thinking of excuses to get me out of the house if people weren't asleep.

Luckily for me ten o'clock came and everyone else was in their rooms. I don't know whether they were asleep or not but Luke was and he was the only one I cared about. Right now his arms were wrapped tightly around my waist and his head was resting on my stomach. Very, very slowly and cautiously I untangled myself replacing my body with a pillow. He groaned slightly but took the bait as he snuggled further into the pillow. I started to get changed out of my sleeping t-shirt and sweats into some clean sweats and a vest top. I grabbed my jacket slipping my shoes on before leaving my room trying to keep the click of the door as quiet as possible, half way down the stairs I bumped into a groggy looking Michael who was sleepily rubbing his eyes before looking at me in confusion.

"What are you doing up?" I whispered trying not to alert people that we were here because Stephen's job was to stop me doing stuff like this.

"That's not the right question. The question should be where are you going?" He turned it back round on me.

"Who says I'm going anywhere?"

"You've got ready and you're holding your car keys in your hand so stop treating me like an idiot."

"Fine I'm going to meet one of my old friends I used to go racing with but you can't tell anyone." I begged.

"I won't on one condition." I raised an eyebrow implying that he should continue. "You take me with you and you make me understand why you do it." I started to shake my head. "It's your choice Kenzie." I didn't have time to stand and argue with him so I said the first words I could think of.

"Fine get your ass in the car." He didn't question my decision as we walked to my car and got in. He immediately buckled his seatbelt and I could see fear in his eyes. I've got to drive to meet Andy yet so only God knows what he'll be like by the time I get there. I didn't bother with my seatbelt as I drove to my usual meeting place seeing Andy leaning against the hood of his car. I jumped out immediately and Michael followed behind me. "Who's this?" Andy asked staring at Michael.

"I've brought a ride a long." I smirked. "A fairly nervous one so where are we driving."

"Well if we go down to the roundabout straight down in that direction." He pointed in the direction. "Straight round back here to the roundabout in the opposite direction and back here for a few smaller races?"

"Gotcha." I nodded going and jumping in the car. Michael fastened his seatbelt and this time I joined him. I don't exactly want to go flying through the windscreen is this goes wrong. "Are you sure you want to do this?" He nodded his head nervously and I told him a couple of things he might want to know first. "Okay I have a radio link to Andy if anything goes wrong and we need him. If I crash try and stay as still as possible until I can phone for help, so basically don't move unless the cars on fire."

"Have you crashed many times?" He stuttered slightly clutching his seatbelt.

"Never." I spoke honestly. "If you don't want to go through with this just say and you can sit off to the side."

"I'm doing it."

"Okay well I just want to show you something first." I revved my engine and started it up. I took my speed up to 90mph before slamming on the brakes. The car came to an almost instant stop and I heard Michael scream like a girl. "Just showing you the car can stop at speed." I smiled lining my car up with Andy's." His voice crackled through the radio counting down from three and said go. My foot slammed down on the accelerator and I started the course. I was going at slightly over 100mph and my speed was increasing as the roundabout came into view. This was my chance to pull ahead because everybody else always seemed to slow down at roundabouts whereas I kept my speed as high as possible. I pulled ahead onto a straight stretch of road and took the time to look at Michael. "You okay Mikey?" I asked. He was deathly pale and gripping onto his seatbelt so tight I'm surprised it hadn't cut his hand yet.

"Just win the bloody race." He chuckled and I don't know if it he was trying to reassure me or reassure himself but either way he wanted it over with. I reached the next roundabout within five minutes and sped around it but by this point Andy had started catching up. I had no choice but to press even heavier taking my speed even higher up. I reached the end less than three seconds before Andy slamming on the brakes coming to an instant stop. I got out walking round and opening Michaels car door for him and he stepped out walking on visibly shaking legs. I gave him quite a fright.

All three of us sat off to the side of the road and I couldn't keep the smile off my face. "Enjoy that?" Andy asked Mikey patting him on the back and he just looked at him as though he had completely lost his mind. "I'll take that as a no." He chuckled but the smile quickly faded. "So why are you here Kenzie? You haven't driven that fast in over four months so something pushed you over the edge." I shrugged my shoulders not actually sure what had pushed me back to racing but it felt damn good. Then again it made me feel disappointed in myself because driving was my addiction and I thought I had kicked it only to run right back to it.

"I think I'm going to take Mikey here home."

"Okay." I hugged Andy goodbye before getting back in my car.

"I can definitely see why you love it so much." He had definitely got a lot more confident since stepping into the car because like me he had neglected to wear a seatbelt. "I still don't see why you do it though."

"Neither do I." I sighed. "You can't tell anyone though. They all believe I quit months ago and I did but now I'm back to square one and I don't want them knowing that. Promise me Michael." He waited a couple of minutes without saying anything and it made me anxious about what he was going to say.

"I promise I won't Kenzie. No matter what you tell me if you don't want anyone else to know then it stays between us. I can't exactly sell my own sister down the river can I?"

SISTER?!

Oh my god. Michael and McKenzie are siblings. I bet none of you saw that coming. How do you think she'll react? Check out some of my other writings and please vote and comment. I love all of my readers, that means you xxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

867K 13.1K 44
A story in which a girl becomes infatuated with her neighbor. ••••••••••••••••• ❝ Luke sits beside me on my porch, continuing to smoke his cigarette...
397 3 31
When I face him again, Ashton is smiling. He leans back slowly in his seat, resting his folded hands on his stomach. "This is gonna be fun." I narrow...
73K 2.4K 38
'No questions. I won't ask you about your past, you won't ask about mine. The only past we talk about is ours. And no asking about my problems. Every...
4.3K 135 41
"One more thing, love. The next time I hear you moan my name, it better be followed by you begging me to let you finish because you can't take it any...