Wraith [MARVEL x Invincible C...

Bởi Y_Allen

A MARVEL x INVINCIBLE crossover For the past ten years, Rebecca has been swimming through memories she could... Xem Thêm

Prologue
PART I
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
CHICAGO NEWS
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
PART II
CHICAGO NEWS
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
PART III
CHICAGO NEWS
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
PART IV
MADRIPOOR | 1990
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Three
PART V

Chapter Fifty-Two

284 13 7
Bởi Y_Allen

The plan was always to get caught by Michael. They knew that Michael wouldn't stop until he got them, it was supposed to be Bucky and Rebecca trying to take him down, restrain him so they could get him to the Raft. But what they didn't expect was Michael putting Bucky – and Frank – in cryostasis. Now, Rebecca was fighting Michael on her own with only a belt to dodge his attacks, her suit, sword, and Widow's Bite were no to be found.

The sword that Michael was using was long and curved slightly, his style was a mix of different martial arts, which kept Rebecca away because of the sword's sharp blade and swift movements. He was good, Rebecca admitted. Well, he was in SHIELD, so he would be good. She got cut numerous times by the blade and almost got stabbed at the artery. And as he fought, Rebecca noticed how he was slowly transforming, his canines were growing sharper, eyes glowing like a beast in the night, his nails grew. He was a killing machine. More dangerous than the fists of HYDRA.

Rebecca caught Michael's hand that had the sword in her belt and trapped his hand. He punched her numerous times in the gut with his free hand but she kept her grip on him – even when the wind was blown out of her – then twisted to have him behind her and flipped him off the ground, and crash to the table. The table broke and everything on it scattered on the floor, one object, in particular, caught her attention. It was the Widow's Bite. Rebecca didn't release Michael just yet, she grabbed her trapped arm, pressed her knee of his shoulder then broke his arm, forcing him to let go of the sword. With that down, Rebecca took the sword then stabbed it to his arm, pinning him to the floor.

She ran to where she saw the Widow's Bite and put it on, she tried to look for her necklace and sword but only found the latter. Turning to Michael, she saw him slowly trying to remove the sword from his shoulder, she got out her Widow's Bite and shot him with a Widow's Bite, which he seized on the ground with the high voltage. She doubts that it would do much since, like her, he was used to that kind of torture. Running to the pods where Bucky and Frank were, she pressed on the panels on the side and started to navigate through the Russian commands to reanimate the two from cryostasis. After hitting the last command for the two, the sound of a loud and bone-chilling roar was heard.

Turning, Rebecca saw Michael standing there, heaving and slowly transforming into something huge. His body grew in size and height, ripping his clothes and leaving only his torn pants, his legs changed to what resembled a large wolf, behind him, a tail came from his back, as black as his hair, his arms grew longer and bigger, along with his hands and nails, his ears turned pointed and were now on her head, and his face transformed to the wolf with bright blue eyes. Now that he stood that tall, the sword didn't look too big, which was more concerning. She was in shock to see him use his mutation, and seeing it now, frightened her. He was as big as the Hulk, but a wolf version of the Avenger.

When Michael swung his sword at her, all Rebecca could think and do was run. Rolling to the side to dodge his attack, Rebecca lures him away from Bucky and Frank's cryostasis pods. She went behind the tank she was kept and pushed it to fall on him, but just as it tilted down, his sword sliced it through the tank, cutting it in half. Rebecca ran to hide in the bar-like area of the room, ducking under the counter, but Michael slashed the counter in half with the sword.

"Come on, sister, use your mutation! Make things interesting!" Michael roared.

There was no way she could take down Michael, especially not in this form. He was too strong for her, the only way to take him down was for him to go down. Before she could get up, Michael backhanded her, and she flew off the ground, she crashed through the glass and rolled on the ramp heading to the helipad. The cold night wind hit her harshly. Coldwater and wind were not a good mix. Michael came out of the building charging at her. Rebecca got out of her sword and clashed blades with him. She threw his sword in another direction everything he swung it when he would swing at her legs, she would jump, and when at the head she would duck.

He was leading her to the edge of the helipad, and she knew it. And when she was at the very edge, she stopped moving, turning to Michael, she saw his wolfy-sadistic grin and swung his sword at her feet. Rebecca jumped and stepped on his meaty arms then ran up to his head and kneed him at the face. When she was behind him, she kicked him off the building. She watched as he fell off the tall tower, but didn't stay long to see him crash on the ground, she quickly ran back inside for Bucky and Frank, who was just about finished with their reanimation.

Opening the tank, Rebecca first helped Bucky out of the pod and settled him on the ground, leaning on the wall. He looked disoriented – which was natural for someone who just got out of cryo – and was trying to focus on what was happening.

"Becc?" He slurred.

"It's okay, Buck, just stay here," she told him as she checked his ear. Michael didn't take off the earpiece from him. She took it from his ear and put it on her. It was still working, and she could hear Sam calling for them. "Sam, do you hear me? We're on the 93rd floor. Bucky and Frank need medical, they were in cryo."

Rebecca continued talking to Sam and Mark through the comms, trying to get their attention, while getting Frank out of the pod. She carried him to where Bucky was and laid him down. He was unresponsive. Something was wrong. She pressed her ear to his chest and heard a faint heartbeat and was going slower. He was dying. She tried chest compressions to keep him alive, but it wasn't working, so she decided to revive him in another way. Taking out her Widow's Bite, she set it in the right voltage and electrocuted him on the chest. Frank jerked at the sudden power but still nothing. Rebecca tried chest compressions again then another shock. Frank woke gasping for air. His eyes opened in shock, and his hand grasped Rebecca.

"You're alive," said Rebecca as she got him to wear the coat over his shoulders and wrapped him up. "I'm going to get you both out of here. Okay?"

"What happened?" Frank asked.

"You were in cryostasis, both of you," Rebecca told him and Bucky.

"Shit," Frank let out a breathy chuckle. "Never thought I'd experience that... Sergeant Barnes."

"Lieutenant Castle," Bucky nodded on his way.

"Becc?" Rebecca heard Mark's voice. "Becc? Where are you?"

"93rd Floor!" Rebecca replied. "Have a medic bring a stretcher, we got two injured."

"N-No hospitals," Frank grabbed her arm.

"Don't worry, it's okay, they won't arrest you, Frank," Rebecca told him.

"Becc, there's something heading your way!"

"What?"

Turning to the direction of the helipad, Rebecca saw Michael land on the helipad, his hands all bloody with glass shards in his hands. Michael let out a loud roar as he charged at their way.

"What the hell is that?" Bucky asked, in shock.

"We have to go!" Rebecca grabbed Frank's shoulder and slung it over her shoulder. "Bucky! Bucky, we have to go!"

Bucky forced himself to his feet and helped Rebecca in getting Frank to his feet and run from Michael, but before the large beast could get them, a flash of blue and yellow came crashing to the beast and pinned him to the wall. It was Mark.

"GET OUT OF HERE!" Mark yelled at them.

Michael punched Mark off of him and the hero flew to the other side of the room. Slamming to the wall. Rebecca gave Frank to Bucky once they were in the elevator, she handed Bucky the earpiece before shutting the doors with the two men inside and returning to Mark. When she came back, she saw Mark trying his hardest to stay away from Michael's sword, the large beast was swinging it around like a club. Rebecca got out her sword and ran to save Mark from the sword's swing like her sword was linked into her mind, it formed its blade from the handle to clash with Michael's and protected them, but it did not protect her and Mark from being thrown at the wall.

"What's the plan?" Mark winced as the impact of the wall on his back, and catching Rebecca punched all the air out of him.

"Is not dying a plan?" Rebecca asked.

"It's a start."

Just as Michael came charging at them, a shield came and hit him at the head. The shield bounced off his head and returned to its owner. Sam appeared in the room, with his large wings folding back inside, and the shield in hand. Michael wasn't too happy to see Captain America and tried attacking him. Mark flew to Michael and tackled him to the ground, bursting through floor after floor, after floor, until Michael grabbed him by his head and slammed him to the pillar. He didn't stop there, he grabbed Mark by the arm and started thrashing him around the room, blood was already spilling and covering the floor. He only stopped when he grabbed Mark by the face and slammed him to the concrete, then started punching him at the gut over and over. He even took a large piece of the concrete off the ground and smashed it over him.

"Invincible," Michael scoffed as he grinned at the sight of blood covering Mark from head to toe, and the broken arm that had a bone sticking out. The hero was completely beaten up, and he was proud of his work.

A loud warrior roar caught Michael's attention. Finally, he thought. Just as he looked up to grab Rebecca, a blade came and slashed at his arm, cutting it off clean. He howled in pain as he aided his blood arm. His large and meaty hand landed on the ground near Mark, he dropped his sword and aided his large wound. A growling sound caught his attention, turning to the side, he saw Rebecca standing with a bloody sword in hand, but looked very different. A grin plastered on his large snout as he realized that she was finally using her mutation. The Creature has shown her eyes. Long and sharp fingernails, eyes completely black, and though she was wearing her black vibranium suit, she had her hands free, showing her knife-like nails.

Michael let out a roar at Rebecca as his arm showed steam and was slowly regenerating like a lizard, and from the stump burst out a new hand that was very much like the one that was cut off. He grabbed his sword from the ground and attacked Rebecca, but before he could even take a step, Rebecca suddenly disappeared from where she stood and appeared before him swinging the sword. He managed to stab his sword on the ground to gain leverage, but Rebecca's swing was stronger that it sent him flying off the ground and crashing out of the window. Michael quickly used his claws to grab onto the wall of the Tower and stopped him from falling, but as soon as he did, Rebecca came out. He expected her to fall, but her suit seems to be attaching her to the wall, letting her stand with ease. It was then that he realized that the fight has just begun.

~*~

Midway in getting down the building, the elevator stopped as the power was cut. Bucky cursed as he and Frank were stuck inside while Rebecca was fighting Michael and probably for her life. They way too high to jump, and he doubts that even with his super-soldier serum he would survive this fall, then there was Frank, the man was strong, but he wasn't a super-soldier, and he would most likely not survive it.

A loud crash caught Bucky's attention, turning to the side of the elevator, which shows the side of the building, he saw a large creature dangling on the side of the tower while fighting something. Something small and fast.

"What the hell is that?" Frank asked as he got up to see the situation outside. "And where's the kid?"

Bucky frowned. "That is her." he referred to the flash of black and gold fighting the giant beast. "I have to get out there, or she'll get herself killed." He started punching the wall with his vibranium hand but it was only making small cracks. Whatever Tony Stark chose to use for the elevator walls felt like it was stronger than vibranium.

"Stand back," Frank spoke.

Bucky went to the side when he saw Frank produce a pistol and aimed it on the glass. He fired six shots before running out, all the bullets were caught by the glass. Bucky went back to the glass and started punching it again and again until finally the glass burst and the wind almost sent them flying off the elevator.

"Where'd you get the gun?" Bucky asked.

"It was on the floor," Frank shrugged. "Now what?"

"Never really thought about it," Bucky admitted.

Just on cue, the familiar sounds of a small thruster caught their attention, and appearing before the hole they created was Sam. "Need a little help?"

"Great..."

"So, what's it gonna be, Cap? You take us on your wings and bring us down?" Frank asked.

"No, but back up is no the way," said Sam.

~*~

Lightning lit the skies and thunder boomed in the distance. Each time the swords clashed, lightning would light the skies and thunder would roar right after. Rebecca's hold on the sword tightened when she stabbed it to the wall after Michael's strong swing of his sword, sending her tumbling. Panting, Rebecca watched as Michael grin mischievously at her. This was much like their time playing hide and seek in the orphanage, this was a game to him – a sadistic game – and he was enjoying the fact that he was winning. Especially when he got her to use her abilities – her mutation. It felt weird to bring out that part of her to the surface again, the Creature that she always believed was HYDRA's doing, a part of her that should never be taken out. That blood-thirsty side of her.

The last time the Creature was called out was when she fought Thanos six years ago. It was brought out by her intense emotion and made her into a creature she couldn't control. Before it was seeing Bucky fall after Thanos used the Stones on them, this time, it was seeing Mark's beaten and bloody state that had her tick off.

The rain was now pouring from the skies, it made the walls slippery. She could do this, she thought, she could take him down and bring him to the Raft where he will spend the rest of his days. Where he couldn't hurt anyone else. Pulling out her sword once again, Rebecca charged at Michael. He let out a vicious roar before jumped off the wall with his sword, she ran to meet him and clashed swords with him. She was surprised at how he could keep himself up on the wall while battling her, it would take immense strength and energy to keep himself from falling off hundreds of feet.

Running on the wall, Rebecca swung her sword once again at Michael, he leaned back to avoid the tip, latching himself flatly on the wall. He grabbed the large part of the wall, tearing it from the Tower, and smashed it at Rebecca's face. She didn't fall off the Tower as the suit kept her fixed on the surface, she had her arms over her head to protect herself. He tried smashing a large part of concrete on her again but this time, she cut it in half with her sword, but it was just a distraction. Michael grabbed her by the leg and had them falling off the Tower. He had her trapped in his arms, she tried throwing her head back to hit his face but it did no good, he only roared at her and bit her on the shoulder with his sharp teeth. In pain, Rebecca dug her long and sharp nails into his abdomen, so deep that she was sure that she felt his liver, grabbed his flesh, and twisted it. Michael let out a roar of pain and released her then kicked her off of him.

Rebecca was falling, while Michael got the leverage he needed to get back inside the building, she has pushed away from the Tower. She got out her wrist that had the Widow's Bite and launched the grappling hook, it latched on the wall and caught her. Rebecca let out a scream of pain when the line reached its end, dislocating her shoulder, and her body hitting on the Tower wall. Looking up, Rebecca saw Michael reemerging from the large hole he created when he crashed inside the building, the wound she made has healed and so did the others, but his form was no longer as big as earlier, it shrank a few inches and so did his mass, he still had his wolf form but wasn't as large as the Hulk. Was his healing affecting his abilities? She thought.

Seeing that he plans on attacking her again, Rebecca tried to get inside the building. She couldn't fight him in her situation, a dislocated shoulder while dangling on the edge of the tower. With her sword, she stabbed on the glass panel of the Tower, the blade went through but didn't break. Then came the hard and painful part. She raised her bleeding arm to grab hold of the line while carrying her body with her dislocated shoulder, she let out a hoarse scream as she did so. Now that she had a good hold, she tried kicking the glass, she kicked off the Tower and then hit her feet at her sword to deepen the damage, the cracks grew, and with her last kick, her heels hit the glass and it broke. Rebecca swung inside the building then released the line. She fell on her bad arm once in the safety of the building and winced in pain. But this wasn't the time to worry about this.

Grabbing her sword, Rebecca hid behind the pillar, but she doubts that she could hide from him since she was leaving a trail of blood for him. She was already losing feeling with her right arm, Michael managed to hit an artery and she was losing blood fast. Even her enhanced healing couldn't heal that fast, at this rate it was blood loss that could kill her. She switched her hold on her sword, forcing her aching arm to grab on to her sword as she heard Michael approach. If only she managed to perfect meditation, then maybe she could heal her body faster now, she thought.

The sound of a sword-swinging caught Rebecca's attention, she ducked down just in time when Michael's sword cut the pillar. She rolled to the side, yelping in pain then held the sword out to create as much distance between her and the beast. Michael was grinning at the sight of her, injured badly and with no signs of healing. She mostly used her legs when attacking since she couldn't use too much of her arms. When he disarmed her, Rebecca ran and hid behind the pillars, pressing her back on the concrete. This wasn't how she imagined herself dying.

"Hiding, Bekka?" Michael spoke. "You know how this game ends... even if you already spilled blood everywhere to get me off your scent, I can still hear your heart!"

He swung his sword. Rebecca ran as quietly as she could and hid again, leaving more trails of blood around her as she circled around him. This was the time she wished she didn't give Bucky the earpiece, so she could call for help, the only reason why she did was so he could call for help, and get himself and Frank out of the building.

Michael destroyed another pillar, and it was near Rebecca. He was taunting her.

"You're dying, sister," he said. "I could hear your heart, you're losing blood... you're out of options. No more toys up your sleeve, and no backup. Even now you can't work in a team, you always do things on your own – you try to be the hero! But you're not! You're a killer!" He slashed another pillar, the one beside Rebecca. "You're a killer! And no matter how much you try to make up for what you did in the past, you're just adding the body count you've made for your reputation. And I'm here to tell you, sister, your ledger is red, and it's dripping with the blood of every person you killed just to get you to where you are now. Including the blood of our brothers and sisters.

"Did you even care about them?! Did you even love them?! Because we loved you! Yes, there was jealousy, there were fights, but that's just part of the whole sibling relationship! How could you protect him!? HOW COULD YOU PROTECT THAT MURDERER!" Michael slashed the pillar that Rebecca was hiding behind, just above her. "HOW COULD YOU LOVE A MAN WHO KILLED EVERY ONE OF OUR FAMILY?! I CAN FORGIVE YOU FOR KILLING THE DOCTOR, BUT I CAN NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR NOT KILLING THE MAN WHO KILLED OUR SIBLINGS! WHO TOOK OUR HOME!"

Seeing that she had nowhere else to go, Rebecca stepped out of her hiding place and faced Michael. Her face was all pale due to blood loss but she still stood upright.

"Because he's father," she spoke. "He's my friend... and I know it's wrong but he saved me from them. From that endless torture!"

"HE KILLED EVERYONE! HE DESTROYED MY HOME!"

"And he's been paying for it! There was never a time that James didn't think about it... even until now, he tries to made amends. I was angry at him for killing everyone for seven years, all I wanted to do was kill him... but even when we were in HYDRA, he was the only one who showed that he cared about me! Call it Stockholm syndrome, I don't care... because for the last ten years it didn't feel like I was a victim nor his prisoner nor a hostage... he took care of me. He gave me a life. He loved me. He gave me a choice to run but I chose to stay with him.

"I can never forget what he did, and I'm sorry that you were there to see it... but I know that he had no choice, he didn't want to do it, but he was forced to. Just like how we were forced to be test subjects, and be weapons of SHIELD or HYDRA."

"You would never understand," Michael heaved. "What we had in that orphanage in Madirpoor, was everything to me. For the past thirty years, my life has been to kill the Winter Soldier, even my time in SHIELD, they tasked me to hunt the Winter Soldier because I was the only one who can take him down... and if you think a little sob story could change my mind. It won't. I want to make every single one of these people who ruined my life pay – HYDRA, the Hand, SHIELD, the Winter Soldier. I'll kill every single one of them, and I'll kill anyone who gets in the way."

Rebecca raised her fist and took a stance, she was trembling in pain but she kept herself upright. "Then you'll have to get through me before you get to Bucky or any of them."

"Fine."

Michael raised his sword at her, but just before he could swing it down at her a hand suddenly appeared in his stomach. Gasping for hair and in pain, Michael dropped the sword let out a scream of pain, especially when the hand was pulled out of his body. As Michael crumbled on the ground, Rebecca saw Mark floating in midair, his whole arm covered in blood, he quickly flew to Rebecca's side and carried her in his arms, she didn't protest as she felt her whole body collapse once she was off the ground.

"Cap, I got her," he said. "She's losing a lot of blood, we need to get her to the hospital."

"What's her status?" Rebecca heard Bucky's voice.

"Dislocated left shoulder. Her right arm is numb, the beast must have gotten an artery. And a lot more," said Mark. "I'll get her to a hospital now, but you guys gotta take care of Michael."

There was silence in the other line. It was an eerie one.

"Hello?!" Mark panicked as he saw Michael slowly healing himself, his flesh regenerating the hole he made in the man's stomach. "Cap! Bucky!"

Bucky spoke after a minute of silence. His voice was cracked and sounded like he was crying. "The only one who can save Rebecca is herself. You need to get her to a cryostasis chamber."

"What?" Mark asked, confused.

"Listen, Mark," Cecil spoke. "Kuroki won't survive the whole trip to the hospital, she needs to be put in cryo, and then we'll take her to the lab in DC where they could patch her up, but first, we need to deal with this guy first. So, the best solution is to put her in ice first. She'll be okay, Mark. Trust me."

That was a lot that Cecil was asking from him. Trust? The last time Mark trusted Cecil the man deceive him into joining the Guardians of the Globe only so he could keep watch on him.

"It's going to be okay, Mark," said Bucky. "It's the only way."

Mark looked down at Rebecca and saw her turn as white as a sheet of paper, she looked at him for a moment but then her eyes went to where Michael was laying on the ground. It was the only way. Holding Rebecca tightly in his arms, Mark flew to the hole he punched through to get to the floor they were on, passing by Michael who was still healing from his injury. He went to grab her sword on the ground then went straight to the top floor and came to the cryo pod and placed Rebecca inside one of them.

"Just standstill. Everything is going to be okay, baby, I promise," he told her as he let go and went to the panel. He froze when he saw the language. It was in Russian. He didn't know Russian – he could speak a few Russian words because he asked Rebecca to teach him but not read.

"What?" Rebecca panted.

"I-I-It's in Russian," Mark said, panicking. "I don't know how to..."

"It's okay..." Rebecca took off her necklace and handed it to Mark. "Wear it."

"What? NO! That's the only thing protecting you!" Mark exclaimed and tried to give the necklace back.

"I'll be dead if you don't get this running, wear it then I'll give the command to give you access to the necklace," Rebecca pushed the necklace to his chest. "Go."

Reluctantly, Mark wore the necklace. He heard Rebecca speak in another language, Wakandan, he guessed, considering it was Wakandan tech, and not long, the suit formed over his, copying the pattern of his suit, merging over it. Black nanites covered the blue and black of his suit, while gold went over the yellow parts. Where his goggles should be – they were shattered in the battle – the suit showed a holographic image of a command center. So, this is what Rebecca sees in her mask, he thought. Then the mask suddenly started showing translations and instructions on how to operate the cryostasis pod.

A burst of relief came to him as he pressed each button correctly and was slowly preparing Rebecca for cryo, but just as he was to finish, a sword went through the panel. Startled, Mark backed up and saw Michael, he was back to his human self and was limping.

Rebecca jumped out of the cryo before Michael could cut her along with it, and crouched beside Mark. She took her sword from him and went to stance, her body wanted to shut down now but she forced herself to stand and fight.

"Ready?" Rebecca asked Mark.

"I am," he replied.

Michael came at them with his sword raised, Rebecca forced her legs to move and dodge his attack then slash her sword to cut him. She held her sword like an ice pick and swung to try and get to him, moving much like a knife, though restricted due to her injuries. But Mark was there to make up for it, as Rebecca became some sort of distraction, he came at Michael and giving the harder blows. Even when he was already in his human form, Michael was still strong and it took more than just one punch for Mark to send him back.

When Rebecca dropped the sword, Mark would catch hit and attack Michael with it. They would pass the sword to each other, catching it whenever one would be disarmed; their movements were in synch, hitting every angle and not giving Michael a chance to find an opening, until he managed to disarm Mark and send the sword flying out of Rebecca's reach. Michael smirked and tried to cut them both but Rebecca jumped and kicked him back, sending him crashing to the remaining cryostasis pod, then she threw the shard of glass from the ground, hitting his hands and his thighs. Michal dropped his sword in pain. While he was distracted, Rebecca quickly went to the cryostasis chamber and pressed the button of the panel to close it. The large glass dropped, enclosing Micahel inside, and before he could hit the glass, she activated the gas to put him to sleep, then followed by the ice. Within seconds, Michael was frozen in the pod his head hung low and eyes closed.

"It's over," Mark panted.

"It is," Rebecca slurred as she fell to the ground.

Mark quickly went to her side. "Becc? Becc, hey, wake up. Becc! Rebecca, wake up! Rebecca!" He had the suit monitor her pulse and check any signs of injury, and it showed so many problems that he couldn't grasp any of them. Rebecca was dying, that was the bottom line. "Rebecca – baby, please, wake up... come on," he carried her in his arms. "I'll get you to a hospital, we'll go to DC, and Cecil – he'll have the best team to patch up. Just please, don't go... please."

He was about to put her in the other cryostasis chamber but froze when he saw the pod cut in half. Michael destroyed the pod, and they used the last one to put him in cryo. There was nothing he could do.

"Oh, God..." he almost fell to the floor when his legs gave in, luckily, his flying abilities kept him from falling. As he eyed the broken cryostasis, Mark's hold on Rebecca tightened. He could still fly her to DC, he could get there in a couple of minutes, then Cecil could have the best team to save her. Yes, that would work. "Don't worry, baby, you're going to be fine," he whispered.

Just as he was going to fly out of the Tower and head to DC, the sound of thrusters and a jet was heard in the helipad. Appearing inside the room, Captain America, Bucky, Frank, and Eve were in shock to see the sight of everything, especially the sight of Michael in cryostasis. When Bucky saw Rebecca lay limp in Mark's arms, he ran to her side to see her.

"Rebecca," Bucky whispered. "Rebecca, sweety, wake up, please... put her in cryo, we could still get her to DC and..."

"It was destroyed," Mark croaked.

"Then get her to the jet!"

"Buck," Sam spoke softly.

"No, don't. Don't say that it's too late. It's not!" Bucky turned to Sam with tears falling from his eyes. "It's never too late. It's not, we could still get her to DC and patch her up."

"Bucky –"

"I can help her," Eve spoke.

"How?" Frank asked.

"My mutation... it gives me the ability to create atoms, make life – I could grow plants, create things with it. I'm sure I can heal her or at least help her body heal."

"You tried that before?"

"Yes... on myself, when I lost my leg, my powers were able to regenerate it..."

"Regeneration is different from bringing the dead back to life."

"She's not dead. Do it," Bucky told her. "Please, do it."

"Eve," Mark called for her. "Please..."

Eve didn't need to be asked twice, even though she and Rebecca had a rocky start, she was still someone who needed help. A person who needed saving. Eve asked Mark to put her down on the floor and step back, then she stood beside Rebecca with her hands held out then created a pink forcefield around her then focused on every atom in her body, every molecule, cell, to wake up and start doing its work and regenerate and heal itself. She fixed her dislocated shoulder, fixed every broken bone, regenerated the torn flesh and artery, and even cured the large wound on her forehead, leaving no scar. She only stopped when she finally heard a heartbeat that slowly turned to a steady rhythm.

"She's okay," Eve spoke. "But she still needs to go to the hospital, to be checked."

"Thank you," Mark took her hand and squeezed it tight. "This is a debt – a life debt."

Eve shook her head, smiling. "Not a debt..."

After thanking Eve, Bucky carried Rebecca to the quinjet so they could get her to the facility where Cecil's specialized team could tend to her. Following Bucky and Mark, Eve helped Frank Castle to get back in the quinjet to get to the facility to get checked as well. Sam and Cecil agreed to be left there and handle the press and the authorities, and oversee the transport of Michael to a secured location until his transfer to the Raft was done. 

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

3.5K 124 29
The Avengers hear word of HYDRA having another Super Soldier project. They know they must put it to an end for good this time. When they meet the gir...
39.7K 1K 56
Endgame has passed and the world is changing.New heroes.New threats.Y/N is the teenage son of Steve Rogers.Both of them living in England(Because of...
456K 10.9K 23
You are sister of Bucky, taken by HYDRA during the war. You have been tortured and brainwashed and turned into a killer. HYDRA have given you powers...
59.9K 1K 23
When the infamous black widow and the winter soldier gets a child while under the red room and hydra, things get intense when Alexander Pierce alread...