Dancing Dusk Till Dawn

By 1maginarydreams

Isabella and Dominic haven't seen or talked to each other since tour ended. Until they run into each other in... More

Preface
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6

0.7

39 1 4
By 1maginarydreams

The next couple of days went by quickly, Michael and I hanging out and continuing to get to know one another.

"I'm gonna miss this." I say, my head on his shoulder as we watch the sunset before driving back home.

"We can always come back." Michael says, rubbing my back slightly.

"That's true," I said quietly.

Once the sun finishes setting we get up and walk to the car, ready to drive back home. We get to my mom's apartment quickly, and he helps me bring my bags up.

"Thank you for such an amazing few days." I mumble as I give him a hug outside of the apartment.

"Anytime, Ella. And you have my number, right" I nod, neither of us letting go.

"Call me when you need it, okay?" I nod again and we pull apart before sharing a short, yet sweet, kiss. "See you soon Ella."

"Bye Michael." I wave as he walks back to the elevator before walking into the apartment.

I start some laundry before calling Amelia. She picks up after a few rings and I sit down at the counter.

"What's up?" She asks, probably having seen the number.

"I might've kissed someone multiple times while on vacation with him." She stays quiet for a minute.

"What? Who? What happened?"

"Micheal, he's one of the guys I met at the auditions. We were at the beach, slightly tipsy, and just kissed. Oh and he taught me Arminian."

She laughs for a second, "really?"

"Այո. Նա տպավորված էր, թե ինչքան շատ բան սովորեցի այս կարճ ժամանակում. I say and laugh slightly.

"I'm going to pretend like I know what that means.

"Yeah. He was impressed with how much I learned in such a short time." I translate for her and she laughs.

"You need to teach me how to learn languages so fast." I laugh and we keep talking.

The next day my mom makes me breakfast before I pack all my stuff up again and drive back to Amèlie and Chessa's apartment.

They help me unpack everything before we go out to dinner, going to a really good Greek place down the street. I walk to the computer once we get back, having realized that I forgot to check the email that Kenny sent a few days ago.

Hello Dominic and Isabella!
     As you two are our dance captains I wanted to email you guys with more information. As you two are some of our most advanced dancers, hence dance captain, we'll need you two to help Peggy teach everyone and help get everyone ready.
     Like I said when I called a few days ago, I would love it if you both would be able to come in on the thirteenth at nine, where we held auditions. If not, no problem and I'll see you with everyone else on the fifteenth at the Universal Backlot.
                - Kenny Ortega

I check the date and sigh.

"I'm going back to the studio tomorrow." I call out to Amèlie and Chessa before going back into my room to sleep.

"Why are you going to the studio tomorrow? You just got back." Amèlie asks from the hall.

"Kenny wants Dominic and I there to go over stuff as we're dance captains." She nods and walks out of my line of sight. I roll over and fall asleep quickly.

My alarm wakes me up the next morning and I sigh before getting up. I change and throw my hair up before walking out.

"Good luck." Amèlie says as I walk out.

"I need it," I say, making her laugh. I longboard to the studio and walk in.

Kenny looks up and smiles at me, Peggy waves from where she was stretching on the floor.

"Isabella! I'm glad to see you! Do you know if Dominic is coming?" I shake my head as someone walks in behind me.

"Speak of the devil!" Kenny says, laughing. "We're going to talk through what we were thinking about the songs and then we'll get going with them." I nod and we stretch before walking through stuff.

After we finish, Dominic and I walk out, neither of us saying anything. I glance up at the sky, sighing at the dark clouds covering the sky. Dominic walks off the other way and I set my board down, wanting to get back to my apartment before it rains.

As soon as I get on the board it starts raining. Deciding that it's too dangerous to board in the rain, as it had started to pour, I picked it to start walking back to my apartment.

I see a car drive by before it turns. It stops next to me and the window rolls down.

"Get in the car." Dominic says, not looking at me.

"What are you doing?" I say as there's a clap of thunder.

"Just get in the car Isabella. It's pouring."

"Why?" I ask, still not getting in the car.

"Please, Isabella. I don't want to argue right now, I just can't." He says and I get in the car, feeling bad that I was getting his car all wet.

"Thanks," I say quietly.

"No problem."

"And uh sorry for getting your car all wet."

"It's okay."

We fell quiet, the awkwardness between us filming the car as neither of us was speaking. He stops at my apartment and again neither of us move or say anything.

"I'll see you tomorrow Dominic." I say quietly and he just nods.

"Bye Isabella." I get out and walk into the building.

The next day the rain had stopped and I skated back to the building. We were going to go over some last minute stuff before everyone would join us in the Universal backlot the next day.

Peggy and Kenny left before Dominic and I, both of us still packing our bags.

"I might not get another chance to say this." He says after a minute of silence as we stand and I look over at him, confusion written all over my face.

"But I was doing fine, y'know. Really I was. That is until you came and waltzed back in like you didn't break my heart. How could you do something like that? I loved you and all you said when you left was that you'll never forget me? I just- I don't understand. Did you not think about how that hurt me? Because it did. More than you know. It hurts every single morning. It hurt all day. It was the worst at night when the stars would come out." He yelled, his voice cracking slightly at the end.

"Do you remember those butterflies you gave me? They traveled up my throat. Those butterflies choked me and you didn't seem to care. You never called. You never wrote. I didn't know if you were okay. So tell me. Please for the love of god tell me how it was so easy for you to walk away without a trace of remorse. Hearts are like bread dough, you know? The longer they're played with, the harder they become. Mines rock solid now. I still can't believe you would do that to me. After everything I gave you. I gave you my heart, for fucks sake and you stomped on it and left it in pieces.

"So thank you. Thank you for everything! All of the memories and heartbreak you gave me. I trusted you. I loved you. You somehow made me hate love. How did you do that? You made me hate loving anything. If I had known that this is how things would've ended up, I would have done a million things differently. I would've fought harder to keep you before you left. I wouldn't have talked to Randy that night in Pittsburgh when Arizona was with us. I wouldn't have fought to get you back after she fucked everything up. I forgive a lot, but I never forget what's said and done. And trust me, I never will forget what you did." He said before completely breaking, tears falling from his eyes.

I take a step forward as he falls into my outreached hands. His arms slowly make their way to my back as he sobs into my shoulder. I slowly rub his back, a tear falling from my eyes.

"I know. I know." I whisper quietly, making him cry harder. "I don't know what to say except that it tore my heart out having to say goodbye to you and that letting you go was quite literally the hardest thing I've ever had to do." I whisper, resting my head on top of his as more tears start falling from my eyes.

"Please shut up. I can't stand how appealing your voice is." He says and we laugh for a second before falling quiet.

"I never knew love could be like this and I know I'm supposed to hate you for what you did." He says after a while of us standing there, me still holding him tightly against myself. "But I can't. I never could and I never can." I just nod slowly. "I hate crying." He says after a few seconds.

"It's not bad to cry. In fact, I think it makes a person stronger." I say quietly, still rubbing his back.

We stand like that for a while before he moves back and I let him, tears still falling from both of our eyes.

"So. Dinner?" I jokingly ask and we laugh, drying our tears.

"I think I'll have to decline. I'll see you tomorrow Isabella."

"Bye Dominic," I smile as I walk out, leaving him standing alone in the room.

"Wait Isabella!" He yells as I start to walk down the stairs.

"Yeah?" I ask, turning to face him.

"Can you uh do me a favor and not tell anyone about what happened today? I mean I'm sure you're going to tell Amelia and probably Amèlie and Chessa, but not anyone at Newsies?" He asks from the doorway.

"Wasn't planning on it b-" I start to say his old nickname before stopping myself. "Dominic. I'll see you tomorrow." He seems to know what I was about to say, but brushes past it.

"Thanks, I uh appreciate it."

"No problem." I smile and keep walking.

As soon as I get home I call Amelia.

"Hey, I don't have that long, what do you need?" She asks as she picks up.

"Uh well Dominic and I kind of talked?"

"Kind of?"

"Well he yelled at me but ended up crying so I comforted him and then I started crying and then I jokingly asked about dinner and he obviously declined but as I was walking out he asked me to not tell anyone, don't worry he said it was okay to tell you." I explain quickly before catching my breath.

"Woah." She says and I laugh, nodding in agreement even though she couldn't see me.

"What was he yelling at you about?"

"Mostly about how I hurt him, which was completely fair and understandable."

"You're going to see him again tomorrow, aren't you?"

"Yeah. I'm not gonna bring it up though."

"What are you going to do?"

"Probably wait to see what he does. If he acts like nothing happened today I'll follow his cues but if he acts like somethings changed then I will as well."

"You got this Isa. I gotta go though, love you."

"I love you too Amelia, thank you."

"Of course. Let me know what happens?"

"Obviously." She laughs and I hang up.

I grab my guitar and go out onto the roof to start playing. I hit a chord and realize it sounds like Cold Hearted. I slowly figure the song out, listening to it a few times when I can't figure a rhythm or chord out.

It's not until later that night, as I was falling asleep, that it hit me what he said.

"'I never knew love could be like this,' what? Does he still love me?" I talk to myself. "No. He said it himself, I broke his heart. He couldn't be that dumb." I sigh and roll over, his words replaying over and over in my mind until I fall asleep.

A/N: drama lolz

- Jazz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

360 11 11
Antonio "Racetrack" Higgins a 17 year old Newsie in lower Manhattan, New York lives in the lodging house along with his pals Jack Kelly, Davey Jacobs...
23.8K 410 20
▐ 𝘀𝘩𝘒𝘰𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘒𝘡 𝘬π˜ͺ𝘭𝘭𝘦π˜₯ 𝘡𝘩𝘦 π˜₯π˜ͺ𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘒𝘢𝘳𝘴, π˜₯𝘒𝘳𝘭π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 christian slater βœ— fem! reader various fandoms ━━ imagines ...
187K 3K 42
β™‘ "π‘Ύπ’Šπ’π’ π’šπ’π’– π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’ 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 π’Žπ’† π’˜π’‰π’†π’ 𝑰 π’ˆπ’π’• π’π’π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’Žπ’š π’‚π’„π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒍" β™‘ {gotta love quoting the amazing...
1.9M 51.2K 48
Nicola and Gabriel used to be best friends while growing up, but she had made the classic mistake of falling in love with him, which resulted in not...