The Heiress

By chaelisabestgirlsx

If Chaeyoung could use any three words to describe herself, she would say that she is rich, beautiful, and ex... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130

Chapter 81

1.4K 104 42
By chaelisabestgirlsx

***

The room was engulfed in a heavy silence, thicker than the tension in the atmosphere.

Taehyung's eyes unceremoniously glanced around and he fixed his gaze on the uneasy Minnie. Meanwhile, Minnie was just staring at Chaeyoung, waiting for her to speak up.

Chaeyoung had her legs crossed and was tapping at the table in front of her, her eyes squinting at Minnie. A habit that she did when she was in a deep thought.

"Tell me..." she began. Chaeyoung's gaze was cold, freezing, she tried to keep it light are futile. "From the start."

Minnie took a deep breath at Chaeyoung's words. "It was Henry. He was the one, who approached me years ago. He told me that he can give me the revenge that I have wanted against the Manoban Family. In return..."

"What?" she asked, impatience lacing her voice.

"In return, he wanted me to cause chaos to the Manoban Family and attempt to turn the board members against the Manoban Family: against Marco and Lisa to be exact."

"Why would he do that?"

"How should I know? I only met him thrice." he shrugged. "Okay, maybe four times. Still... he never said anything and I did not ask."

Chaeyoung just stared at him before she gestured him to continue.

"So, I um... I got close to Taehyung and... Ummm... nothing has really happened man. I was just ... you know. You are not my type." he said awkwardly at Taehyung. "Okay, that's not the point. So, I wanted you to know about my existence, so I deliberately let you hear my conversation at Taehyung's office," he said.

"Then, I contacted someone to cause chaos inside your company..."

"Who told you that I own Moon Corp?"

"Henry Lee. He arranged everything, including Lisa's secretary." he answered.

"So why... did you leave some traces? Why have you let me find you?"

"I don't know." he shrugged.

"I don't believe you."

"That's the truth," he said.

Chaeyoung glared at Minnie. However, before she could say anything, Wang Bolin went inside the room,

"Was it Henry?" she immediately asked, her gaze never leaving Minnie. Although Minnie fought with them, Chaeyoung still did not trust him.

Minnie was the type of person, who was capable of hurting his own family. Though his grudge runed deep, Chaeyoung was still not comfortable with trusting him.

And Chaeyoung wanted to play it safe. She would rather be wary of him now and regret for trusting him later, than trust him now.

"Yes, They said Henry Lee wanted the USB" Wang Bolin answered directly.

"Why does he want the USB?" she asked Minnie.

"I wanted to get it first instead of Henry."

"Why?"

"I wanted to know what does he want from the Manoban Conglomerate," he answered. "He obviously wanted to cause chaos and confusion. Divide and conquer. But, I still don't know why. I don't know why he hates Lisa and her family."

Chaeyoung did not respond to Minnie's words. Now, she was curious about the contents of this USB. Yet, she could only wait for Lisa to tell her everything. She let out a long sigh as her mind started wandering around.

Henry... Henry Lee... what did he want from the Manoban Family? Why did he hate Chaeyoung and Lisa?

"One more thing," Chaeyoung gave her focus back to Minnie. "Why are you trying to act against him now? What happened? Did he tried to kill you?"

Minnie nodded. "Thanks to you and your brilliant mind, I have failed my mission, and I was deemed useless."

"And for Henry Lee, 'Useless' is just another word for liability. And 'liabilities' should be immediately eliminated." he added, his words seemed to turn the environment a lot colder, than what it used to be.

Then, the door burst opened as Lisa strode towards Chaeyoung and pulled her into a tight hug.

Lisa's arms squeezed tighter around Chaeyoung, as she breathe slowly, her body melting into her wife's arms.

Chaeyoung did not hesitate to return Lisa's embrace, her mind at peace, as relief washed over her. She inwardly thanked the gods for giving her another opportunity to stay with Lisa, as she tightened her hug around her.

"I'm sorry," Lisa whispered against her ear. In response,  Chaeyoung gently rubbed Lisa's back. She knew that no words could make Lisa believe that what had happened was not her fault. She believed that Lisa thought she was the one, who had put her in danger. After all, she was the one, who asked her to go to her office to retrieve the USB.

After a few more minutes, Lisa let her go. Her gaze roamed around the people inside the room, as her gaze stopped at Minnie. Then, it turned into something that Chaeyoung did not see before: savagery.

"What are you doing here?" Lisa asked, her tone cold and domineering, as she slowly walked towards Minnie.

"Relax!" Minnie raised his arms, a gesture of surrender. "I am not here to harm anyone."

"Speak!" Lisa said calmly, too calm that it was even scary.

In response, Minnie lifted his brows, "And why should I answer you?" he hated Lisa and everyone in the Manoban Family.

However, he did not expect Lisa to instantly lunge at him, grabbing his shirt. "Speak!"

"Or what?"

"Lisa, let him go... we need to talk." Chaeyoung said calmly while gently holding Lisa's arms.

At her words, Lisa immediately let go of Minnie's collar, following Chaeyoung out of the room. They were currently in the Manoban Family's villa where Chaeyoung and Lisa were staying.

The duo went inside their room, before Lisa pulled Chaeyoung into another hug. "I'm sorry," Lisa repeated. Her voice was full of sadness and regret. Lisa knew that it could have been too late to regret now, nevertheless, she still couldn't stop chastising herself.

"It's not a problem." She answered when she sensed Lisa's sullen state. "But I want to know what is in this USB, and why did you leave it in your office."

"It isn't anything important," she answered. "I have never assumed that someone would take an interest in the list of our contacts in the black market."

"That is an encrypted USB that contains all of our contacts in the black market as well as..." she stared at her, hesitating. "the underworld"

"It includes organized crime groups, mafias, and international syndicates," she added.

"And you say it is not important? Lisa? It is very important. How can you leave this in a place like your office?"

"This is not complete." Lisa said. "These are just some codes. Whoever gets it won't have any means of knowing how to solve it.."

"So why did you send me to get it?"

"My father has called. He told me to secure the list, however, I was already on the way to the explosion site so... I... look. I'm really sorry about what happened." Lisa said, her expression full of guilt. Seeing Chaeyoung's bruised face, made her feel heavier inside.

"I am not mad," she answered, truthfully. "However, I want you to tell me everything about these contacts. I am very curious to know, why Henry Lee has wanted this list."

"Henry Lee?"

"Yes, he was the one behind this incident. Minnie and the men that we have caught, confirmed it," she said before sitting on the edge of the bed. A sudden jolt of pain assaulted her, as she remembered that her ribs were bruised.

Seeing Chaeyoung wince, made Lisa more guilty. Lisa rushed to her side and scooped her into her arms. Then, Lisa slowly laid her down the bed before kissing her forehead. "I will tell you everything."

In response, Chaeyoung smiled at her. "Please, do include the one, you were talking in my grandfather's study with mother and father before we got married. I know you were not asking for my hand at that time."

Lisa stared at Chaeyoung, shock apparent on her face. Did she hear everything?

"Listen." Chaeyoung began. "I know what you are thinking. Trust me. I can guess." She gave Lisa a smile, cupping her face. "I know you want to protect me. I know you are hiding things from me to protect me."

"At first, I felt offended," she added. "I felt that you don't trust me enough. But, as time has passed, I realized that you have only wanted to protect me."

"However, we are already married. And this... what you are doing right now is... It's not right. I am your wife. I am supposed to stand beside you, not in front of you, and especially not behind you."

"Our enemies are lurking out there, planning meticulously, waiting to strike us. Yet, we are here... hiding something from each other," she said gently. "I know I can't convince you to tell me. I know you might want to take the burden all by yourself... But Lis, I am strong... I want to shoulder the burden with you."

"You can't protect me all the time. What has happened this night is solid proof that you cannot do that... Now, I am not blaming you. I am just emphasizing the fact that we need to trust each other. Be each other's strength. And... And I think we cannot do that if.. if we are not totally honest to each other." Chaeyoung was so engrossed in her words that she did not even notice her tears spilling on her cheeks.

Lisa wiped away Chaeyoung's tears, her gaze gentle, it hurt Lisa so much-seeing her crying. Lisa would have never thought that her actions could hurt her like this.

Lisa gently enveloped her into her embrace, letting Chaeyoung cry in her arms.

No words were said between the two, as Chaeyoung started sobbing in Lisa's arms. She let all her emotions pour out, her raw feelings racking her body. Her strong facade crumbled in Lisa's arms, vulnerability, weakness, all laid out in front of her wife.

"Shhh..." Lisa consoled her. She knew that no words of comfort could make Chaeyoung feel better. Lisa knew that she needed her by her side the most. No words, just emotions, and her presence.

After a few more minutes Chaeyoung finally calmed down and used Lisa's shoulder as her pillow.

"Have you ever heard of Vercello Family?" Lisa asked.

In response, Chaeyoung nodded at Lisa. Vercello Family... Wasn't that the Top International Crime Organization that was rumored to control countries and royal families?

"Do you know their current matriarch?" Lisa asked, gently.

"No."

"Natalie Vercello... the 22nd Matriarch of the Vercello Family is your... grandmother."

Chaeyoung blinked at Lisa's words... then she blinked again. Then she burst out laughing...

"Okay... I don't think this is time for any jokes. I mean... " Seeing Lisa's solemn face, Chaeyoung stopped laughing. "You're not joking," she stated.

"No... I am not"

"So you're saying..." Chaeyoung suddenly jolted up when the severity of Lisa's words hit her.

"Yes... your grandmother is the current leader and matriarch of the infamous Vercello family." Lis said in one breath... rendering Chaeyoung speechless.

"That can't be. That's absurd. Who have told you that?"

"That's what grandfather told us at his study. He told me everything about you, your mother and grandmother and gave me a choice," Lisa explained. "He asked me if I would still be willing to marry you despite knowing that Vercello family will come to get you anytime."

"What do you mean?"

"Vercello family are well known to have matriarchs. The one, who will lead the family is always the strongest female of their bloodline. And... you could be the candidate in this generation." Again, Chaeyoung was in a daze.

Where did this come from? How come, she did not know this in her previous life? In her previous life, all she remembered, was dealing with Yuri and Eunwoo. How come, this had not happen in her previous life?

Did something change?

Chaeyoung remembered how her grandfather never even once mentioned their grandmother. In her previous life, she assumed that her grandmother was dead.

What about her mother?

"What about..."

"Your grandfather did his best to hide your mother." Lisa interrupted. "He had her join the military."

Chaeyoung stared at Lisa in disbelief... So that was the secret she had been keeping away from her? It... It was far from what she thought it might have been.

"What else?" she asked. She wanted to know more.... just more.

Lisa took a deep breath. "There is a possibility that Jacob Park is not your father."

*Boom*

Chaeyoung's head seemed to burst when she heard Lisa's words.

Not her father...

Jacob Park might not be her father.

"Please clarify," she said, unable to utter anything else.

"You were born seven months after your mother and Jacob got married. And ... grandfather believes, that your mother was running from someone when she begged him to set up a marriage for her."

"Wait... what?" she asked. "She... She begged him?"

Her heart started racing, as the memories from her previous life flooded her. She remembered how Claire always told her that... Chaeyoung shook her head, as she realized something.

Her mother never told her about her marriage. She had also never told her about Sunmi and Jacob's relationship... So... how did she know?

She did not remember her mother telling her the things that she knew about Jacob, about Sunmi and about Yuri.

"I need to go to the city." she declared. "I need to know everything from grandfather's mouth."

That's right. She needed to know everything... everything about her mother.

"I will accompany you." Lisa said.

"No... I want you to be here... Henry Lee is planning something that's why he..." Chaeyoung swallowed the rest of her words when another thought came to her. "Does he want your contacts, to get a hold of Vericello Family?"

"Do you think he hates my mother to the extent that he also wants to... to destroy my grandmother?" she asked.

Could Henry Lee be after her Grandmother's family as well?

"Another one." Chaeyoung said, giving Lisa the glass in her hands.

The latter then silently pour another glass of water for Chaeyoung and gave it to her.

"So... my mother has been working for the military before?" she asked before downing another glass of water. This revelations were too much, even for her.

Somehow Chaeyoung thanked the heavens for giving her a healthy heart or else, she could have already died from heart attack, because of the words that Lisa had revealed to her.

"Yes... grandfather arranged a new name for her.. a new identity, so she could stay away from your grandmother's family."

"So... she did not study abroad?"

"No... she was working in another country."

"Did grandfather told you which country exactly?"

"It was Classified information."

Chaeyoung let out a sigh before sitting beside Lisa. "Does... Does my grandfather know who my real father is?" she asked hesitatingly.

"No. He said... He has tried to investigate, but ended up with nothing." Lisa answered.

Chaeyoung bit her lips, as she tried to remember anything that could, at least, hint her the truth. Anything from her past life, any memories, just anything!

"I will go home tomorrow. I have to confirm if Jacob Park is really my father or not," she said.

"What will you do if he is not your father?" Lisa asked.

"Nothing really... I mean... my father might not even know about my existence."

"You are not going to find him?"

"Of course not." she shrugged. Chaeyoung's fear of rejection was greater, than her curiosity. "Maybe I will... then just leave him alone. Let him live his life."

"Hmmm... I understand," Lisa answered. "I have had someone track your mother's history in the military. Yet... I think someone deliberately destroyed or stole her file."

"I wasn't able to find out which country she had been working for," Lisa added.

"It's fine. Maybe grandfather can help us... I mean.. If I'm not wrong then... I think I saw my mother's diary, together with her last will, in my vault." she said, still trying to remember any clues.

"However, I'm afraid that your grandmother's family is already tracking your moves. They could approach you anytime." Lisa said.

"I know... that's why I need to go to Seoul as soon as possible," she answered. "By the way... you did not tell me about the USB yet."

"Right... the USB contains some codes that only me, my father, and grandfather can understand. Without us, it would be useless to them." Lisa said. "Leaving it in the open was really a mistake. However, I can't help, but wonder how did they know it was in my safe? And how did they know I was away at that time? My trip was supposed to be a secret."

Chaeyoung scoffed at her words. "They caused the explosion to keep you away. I'm not sure about the vault, but I think someone close to you was working for them."

"Anyway... what are you planning to do with Minnie? If his words are true then..."

"Let him go." Lisa said. "I don't want him near you, besides, I have my plans for him. So let him go..."

Chaeyoung just nodded at Lisa's words. Before lazily laying her head in Lisa's shoulders.

When she reincarnated, all Chaeyoung wanted was to live a happy life. Away from everyone, who had hurt her in her previous life. However, who would have known that fate would let her meet Lisa?

"Lis? I will tell you a secret too..." she murmured, almost a whisper, yet enough for the two of them to hear.

"Hm?"

"I can remember my previous life..." she said. "I think people in the movies would call me a reincarnator."

Lisa gulped a mouthful of saliva, as she turned her head towards Chaeyoung.

"Would you still stay with me? Even though I remember all the dirty acts that I did in my previous life?" she asked as their gazes met.

And before she could have said another word, Lisa pulled her into a tight hug. "Reincarnator."

"I like the sound of it in your mouth," Lisa added. "I guess kids in the movies would call me a reincarnator as well, huh..."

Her eyes widened in surprise, as she let go of Lisa and stared at her. "You mean?"

"I died months after your car accident." Lisa gave her a smile.

In response, Chaeyoung's eyes sparkled with happiness. She reincarnated to live a happy life. Did the gods let Lisa reincarnate to make her even happier? Just how lucky was she?

"Well... I guess this is going to be a very long day for both of us... Why don't you start by telling me everything from your previous life?" she asked, as she snuggled in Lisa's arms.

Secrets... Secrets... Chaeyoung smiled at the thought of the secrets that she had learned today.

Maybe, their reincarnation had changed everything in this life.

Maybe, that was the reason why a lot of changes had happened in their lives.

Maybe, they were meant to meet in this lifetime to uncover all these secrets.

And maybe... just maybe... they were really meant for each other that even death was not able to stop both of their souls from giving each other another chance for happiness.

......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

583K 15.4K 21
In which Jennie Kim breaks up with her boyfriend and goes back to Lisa because she just realizes that the one she truly loves is not him but her. **...
101K 5.5K 52
Park Chaeyoung has an ordinary genius life in the Ultara Academy, but then something about her begins to change. A presence of a beautiful, yet myste...
99.1K 4.3K 17
Lisa Manoban inherited her family company after her parents passed away, however, in order for Lisa to have total control of her company she has to b...
71.7K 2.8K 21
"Well, the short story is -" Jennie interrupts, "I don't want to hear the short story. I've been watching you sit in that bar, alone, since March. I...