Fighting For You (Book 2)

By book-lover4ever

Fight! Fight! FIGHT!!! When everything that you've ever loved has been taking away from you, what would yo... More

Darkness hides the truth
Black Widow
What a bloody mess
Frankly, he deserves to die
The thing about young love
Is it morning already?
Locked up like this
Sex, secrets and lies are a killer combination
Oh brother, what a mess
Hunting little red
Beauty and the blade
I'm back motherf**kers!
Whole again
You don't know me, Bitch!
Love, lies and Sex
Oh, but it hurts so good
The devil's wife
Be still my beating heart
Ready or not, here I come
Death becomes her
Rivers Run Red
Tears Of A Killer
Rose Red With Black Thorn
Carbon Copy
Honey trap
Not quite lacey enough
Pretty little bate
Thy Sons and Daughters
History repeats
She is, or she isn't?
Confused Heart
Field Mission
Everything is Rosey
Lacey's Troubles
Mystery Woman
Forgotten, but not gone
This one, that one, which one?
Now she knows
Young love
Mystery Woman
Mummy Dearest
His undoing
Terrible Trouble
Once broken, now fixed
A family again
Meet up
Family Feud
The Calm Before The Storm
Revelations - Part One
Revelations - Part Two
Richard
GIVEAWAY CHAPTER
One down
Addison
Perfect bate
Have the dress, but not the man
Two is a couple, three is a nuisance
Operation graveyard
Crazy bitch alert
Long overdue
Author's note

Lost Girl

1.5K 91 40
By book-lover4ever

Hello my lovelies, I'm here with another chapter. I must say, I'm loving your comments. You bitches are putting on your detective hat and doing your investigations. I love it. I smile every time I read a comment speculating about my characters. Anyway, when you guys comment your ideas, it gives me inspiration for what to write next, so, please continue.  

Happy reading, bitches!!!!!!

********

Killian's P.O.V

"Have you decided which one of them you're going to eliminate?"

I snorted, "I'm not holding a f**king contest, Mik. This is my life we're talking about. My kids' life. It's not an easy f**king decision."

With every passing day, it had become harder and harder to decipher which one of them was really my wife. Although my heart tells me that Lacey is the love of my life, there were times that the newcomer made me question my judgement. However, I've never strayed from my conviction. I still believe that Lacey was the right one, but I still needed more proof.

"I know that, but you're going to have to pick one soon. You can't keep one in the dark and one confined to a hotel room. You will need to tell them both about each other, or figure something out and get rid of the one you don't want."

He spoke in such a matter-of-fact tone like we were discussing a new shipment of arms, instead of the life of two women."

"You're a cold-hearted motherf**ker, you know that?"

He tipped his glass at me and grinned. It was early evening, and he had already started drinking. Jessy wanted to try for another baby, but he wasn't too keen on having any more kids, considering how hard a time she had with her last delivery.

"Are you going to sit in my favourite chair and drink yourself into a stupor with my favourite brandy, which I did not say you could drink? I will not be taking your dumbass home and explaining to your wife why you've turned into a vegetable."

He shrugged his shoulders, then placed the glass to his lips and took a long swig. I watched as the f**ker was finishing my fifty-five-thousand-dollar bottle of Louis XIII Black Pearl. It was a gift from a client and very hard to come by. Had I not considered the bastard a brother, I would have shot him for touching my drink without my permission.

"Sharing is caring, bro. Sharing is caring."

He rested his head back on the chair, drink still in his hand. His phone rang, and he silenced it, tucking it back into his pocket. From the forlorn expression on his face and the way he filled his glass again, I knew that it was Jessy.

"I think maybe I'll crash here tonight."

I got up and grabbed a glass as well. Hell, if he was going to finish my brandy, I might as well join him.

"Sure, man, you can stay as long as you need. My house is your hideout."

He snorted, and I laughed. "I'm not f**king hiding, I'm choosing to spend the night out, which is my right as a man."

I laughed harder, watching his semi-drunk ass try to convince himself that he believed what he said.

"Uh ha, and Jessy will choose to kick your ass out, which is her right as a woman."

He swirled the dark liquid around in his glass, sighing. I didn't understand what he was so upset about. If he was concerned that it would be a danger to her health, there were so many options that they could try.

I envied him because at least he got to be there through the planning process right up to the birth. I never got to do any of that with Red and I'd welcome it if I got the chance.

Just as I was about to take a sip of the dark liquid in my glass, my phone rang. I was about to ignore it, but thought better of it when I saw who it was.

"Killian," I answered.

"Boss, um... we lost her."

I sat up, placing my glass on the table. Mik looked at me curiously, but didn't let go of his drink.

"What the f**k do you mean, you lost her? How?!"

I gave them one f**king order. All they had to do was to accompany her to do some shopping. One f**king job and they messed it up.

In the background, I could hear a few of my men saying that she wasn't in any of the stores that they checked. I groaned. I should have taken her myself when she asked instead of letting my men do it, but I turned her down because it was getting too comfortable being around her.

"She when to try on some clothes. We offered to keep watch, but she refused, and everyone was staring. So, we didn't see any harm in waiting outside the store for her."

Banging my fist on the table, I swore. "F**king imbecile! Find her!"

Hanging up the phone, I got up. Mik was laying back on the couch with his eyes half-closed. I was about to ask if he wanted to come with me, but I doubted that he would be able to carry himself. So, ignoring him, I headed for my car.

As I got ready to drive, I pulled my phone out and checked her location. When I placed her in the hotel, I gave her a few items. One of them was a watch that had a tracker in it. I've noticed that ever since I gave it to her, she hasn't taken it off. I just hoped that she was still wearing it.

GPS signal showed her location as still being in the mall. It seemed like she was moving very quickly, like she was running. Quickly, I called my men and informed them of her location and made my way there as well.

It was my fault. I've been avoiding her ever since she and my baby found out about each other. After dropping Lacey back that day, I went to the hotel to talk to her. I expected her to be upset, but she was surprisingly calm. She told me that she understood, and she wouldn't expect me to not have someone in my life. However, she hopes that with her back in my life, we can finally pick up where we left off all those years ago.

Her words stunned me, but they only made me believe more that she was not my wife. What confused me, though, was the fact that she seemed like she believed she was Lilly. That was the part that I couldn't figure out. Was she really acting, or did she truly believe that she was my wife? Every time I thought that I'd figure something out, something different occurred, and I found myself back at square one.

Either she was a f**king great actress, or someone was going through a hell of a lot of trouble to f**k with me. Either way, I needed to figure something out soon. I couldn't go on like this anymore. I needed my wife in my house, with our kids where she belonged. I just had to figure out which one was truly Red.

As I pulled into the parking lot, I checked my phone again. She was still in the mall, but she wasn't moving fast anymore. I got out and headed in her direction. I ran into a few of my men, and they accompanied me. They informed me that everything was okay until she went into a Louis Vuitton store. They had swept the place before and didn't perceive any threat. So, they think that she just got lost.

I was not very happy with that because I paid them a lot so that incompetence like that didn't occur. However, I didn't have time to be mad about it. I had to find her before someone else did. I didn't want my enemies getting their hands and thinking that they can use her as a bargaining chip.

I followed the GPS to where it said she should be. After walking for a few minutes, I found myself outside a busy dessert shop. Looking around, I didn't see her at first, then I saw a few people looking curiously at one corner, and that's when I saw her sat on the floor hugging her knees, head in her lap.

Walking over to her, I stood in front of her. She lifted her head from her knees and looked up at me. Tears run down her face as her scared eyes connected with mine. Relief washed over her features when she saw me. Unwrapping her hands from around her knees, she jumped up, throwing her arms around my neck. She embraced me tightly, but I didn't return it. I just stood there as she sobbed.

"I got lost. When I came out of the store no one was there. I ran everywhere, looking for someone, but no one was there. I thought I'd never get to see you again."

"It's okay, you're okay. I'm here now."

She sniffled and hugged me tighter. My men grabbed the few bags that were left on the ground where she was sitting and started making their way out of the mall. I told her that we had to leave, but she didn't take her arms from around my neck. I tried to gently tug her off, but she held tight. So, I scooped her up into my arms and walked away, ignoring all the curious stares that were coming my way.

When I got back to the car, she was sleeping, so I placed her in the backseat and strapped her in. Moving back a little, I watched her. Her face broke my heart because of how much she looked like Lilly.

Using my finger, I wiped the tears that were still coating her lashes. She sighed contentedly, and a small smile played on her lips. Lips that I would have kissed if I believed she was my wife.

Removing my hand from her face, I closed the door and got in the driver's side. I knew that I had to work fast and figure out what was really going on. However, I didn't know what I would do if it turned out that she wasn't Red, but truly believe that she was. How would I deal with her? What the f**k would I do with her?

I've got all of Red's birth details, all the records of her mother's pregnancy, so I knew that she wasn't her twin or even her sister. So, who exactly was she, and where the f**k did she come from?

She was awake when I pulled into the parking lot of the hotel. Quietly, we both got out of the car. I retrieved her bags from the booth, and we made our way up to her suite, all the while still not saying a word to each other.

When we got up to her room. I placed her bags near the door and turned to look at her.

"Are you okay?"

She nodded her head, a small, unsure smile on her face. She looked like she wanted to say something, but then thought better of it. The moment became awkward. Both of us not knowing what to say to each other. So, I decided to put an end to it.

"I'll leave and let you get some rest; you've had a hard day. I'll check back on you tomorrow."

I turned to leave, but she ran over to me, grabbing my hand. I looked down at the hand she grabbed then looked up at her curiously. She had a desperate look in her beautiful eyes that broke my heart.

"Please don't leave. I don't want to be alone tonight."

The longing, coupled with fear in her eyes almost made me agree to stay. But I chose not to because I realise that she might not be Lilly, but her face was my undoing. I also realised that her touch no longer repulsed me. The more that I was around her, the comfortable I became with her touch. That was dangerous, too f**king dangerous.

Pulling my hand away from her, I stepped back. Tear flashed in her eyes, but I ignored them even though it pained me.

"I'm sorry, I can't. I've still got a few things that I need to do. I'll come check on you tomorrow."

She looked like she wanted to protest, but thought better of it. Without waiting, I opened the door and got the hell out of there. I was so caught up in my thought, that I didn't notice that someone was following me as I got to the parking lot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.5K 1.8K 32
He once told me no one knows the real him.I didn't think he meant it, and not in a good way. He is a straight A student, and everyone knows it, not t...
9.2K 396 49
We were watching TV, my father and I, waiting for my mother to come down. We were going to go somewhere for my birthday but it was a surprise. I was...
10.5K 581 49
{Sequel to The Deal} Hope is back with vengeance. Every single person who had the audacity to threaten her and her daughter will pay, even if she en...
164K 2.1K 37
College break takes a turn when Aria Lanes get abducted and hold captive by a man she later finds charming then soon desires. Her abductor was paid t...