«We'll Call It Wangxian»

By Nico-00

Fake tears were shed, a fake funeral was orchestrated. Fake investigations were organised, a fake name was gi... More

Introduction
"she won't do anything"
"messed up big time or not that bad?"
It's the most wonderful time of the year!
"I love you~"
"To the world wei wuxian, is dead"
"Does lan gege like me?"
"He is all I have"
"Marry me"
"Mo xuanyu or wei wuxian?"
"overdramatic much"
"Stop kidding"
"I'm sorry"
"Let's Play a game"
"Do you have a death wish?"
"I'm about to cut a bitch."
"I do."
"Don't you sign some papers and fuc-!"
"It's Better to hide him away than watching him die"
"what the fuck!"
"smile"
"Come on, smile for mama."
"He's coming after you"
"I would rise back from the dead to have one last dance with you."
"It's not like you tried to kill me or anything."
"But, master!"
"Why is master so grumpy?"
"Lies"
"she's coming for me."
"A place far away from here. Just you and I."
"Disappointing"
"Shameless"
"you think you can escape?"
"You don't believe me? "
"You have a driver's license don't you? I don't wanna die.... yet"
"I used red when I was nine. It was the best feeling ever."
"It's not a coping mechanism. He is just sick to his mind."
"Burn in hell."
"death doesn't decide your fate, I do."
"In the end, is it always fine?"
EXTRA: ONE

"she was there the entire time."

1.2K 111 23
By Nico-00

Wei Ying knew that it was supposed to be a very normal Lunch with his aunt. As usual, they went to the restaurant and ordered lunch. The man who owned the restaurant was very familiar with Madam Yu, which made their lunch go even faster.

The lunch was unceremonious as usual, Wei Ying talked and his aunt hummed along with him every now and then, she made some calls at times and cancelled her meetings. Wei Ying had simply thought that they were going for a movie or something.

But, Yu Ziyuan just drove back home after the lunch. No. Wei Ying wasn't disappointed, he was sure that his aunt had her reasons to cancel meetings.

Things were going just fine around him, until they weren't. What's trouble if it didn't follow wei wuxian like a cat's tail following its master's trail.

Wei Ying shouldn't have done it. He should have never taken the coffee he was offered the second he got back home from the butler. Not only was the coffee strong, it made him gag at the pungent smell it had. A strong coffee shouldn't most definitely reek of his medicines.

But, when the man who had been looking after him his entire childhood offered him a cup of coffee for the first time in the sixteen years of service he had done for the Jiang's, Wei Ying couldn't help but grow fascinated over the taste of it.

"Madam Yu has instructed you to get some rest young master."

The Butlers said with his usual smile. Wei Ying shuffled back to his feet, he did feel quite tired after the dinner today. It was the best if he just got some sleep. He had plans to make up with Lan Zhan in the evening and most probably move back in with him.

He did not want to annoy his aunt and uncle anymore. If Lan Zhan did not want to take him in any more, he was just going to stay in a hotel and find himself a new apartment.

He had already informed aunty yu about his plans. She hadn't agreed to it almost immediately it took him a long time before she agreed reluctantly.

Right now it felt like things weren't so fine. The stairs seemed too long for him to walk and the floor was too cold for his naked feet. Everything was discoloured, wei ying fell right back to the couch when his legs gave up on him.

"Master!", The old butler came running up to him as soon as he saw the man falling down on the couch.

Wei Ying chuckled lightly easily fending the man off of his worries.

"It's nothing. Probably the usual pain."

Wei Ying slurred out lazily and walked towards his aunt's work room without knowing that he was going to the wrong room.

Nobody was allowed to go inside Madam Yu's room, it was locked twenty four seven or it was locked from inside when she was working in there. Well, either ways nobody we allowed to in there.

Wei Ying had surprisingly walked throughout the hallway and peek inside the room where his aunt was supposedly working, his hazy mind had just thought that it was his room and he had walked inside like he owned it.

"Wei Ying!"

The scream stopped him from looking futher, but his eyes had already gotten a view of what was going inside the room. Too much, it was too much for wei ying's eyes to take. It was like he was once again back to his childhood.

"S-sorry. My bad."

He immediately pretended like he hadn't seen a thing inside the room and ran as fast he could through the hallways, he found the first room which opened up to his weak strength and locked himself inside.

"Fuck."

Wei Ying hissed loudly and looked for his phone which was somewhere inside his pocket and he had remembered once again that it was with his aunt. She had taken it away from him.

it's her. Its her!’

Wei Ying wanted to scream out in horror and rip his hair apart. His skin crawled upon the late realisation. He had been with her the entire time. His aunt was the one who took him away, killed his parents and held him captive for months.

For almost half of his life he had been living with his captor and at that moment he couldn't even think straight.

Lan Zhan. Yes! He had to call Lan Zhan!

He was sure that Lan Zhan will get him out of the Jiang manor.

" Wei ying?"

Lan Zhan sounded confused and stoic at the same time. His ears seemed to pick his rapid breathing up.

Wei Ying cried out all of a sudden when the doors were banged and his aunt's voice called him out.

"Wei Ying! Come out."

She seemed angry for some reason. Or mayhaps she had realised that he had seen all of it.

Wei Ying sinked down on the floor next to the door holding his body firmly against the door. 

"Lan Zhan...."

Wei Ying sobbed lightly, he did not want Yu Ziyuan to hear anything.

"Deep breaths."

Lan Zhan sounded calm and steady as usual but, what was going inside his mind was solely reserved for himself.

Wei Ying nodded like a madman and sucked in a deep breath. The banging stopped and the footsteps faded away soon.

"L-lan Zhan, Lan Zhan. Aunty yu i-in room fool of mirrors."

"My clothes when I was a baby. T-they were there."

"She was inside w-with big pictures o-of me."

"Mama and baba were cut out."

Lan zhan's breath hitched on the other side upon the very late realisation. The murders never fazed Yu ziyuan. They made her go even further.

"Call the cops."

Lan Zhan's voice sounded furious, he got off his seat and walked outside paying no attention to the visitors he had today.

"Wei Ying, lock the doors don't come outside. I'll be there. Deep breaths Wei Ying."

Wei Ying cluctched onto his shirt tightly and wiped the blood coming out of his nose as fast as he could.

"H-help Lan Zhan. She g-gave me my meds back. It's all fuzzy."

He wanted to see Lan Zhan before he passed out or atleast died. Just this once, he had to see Lan Zhan and tell him how much he loved him or atleast see his face one last time before it all for over.

"Please come back. F-for once. Just o-one last time."

" Wei Ying, we promised eachothers. Forever means forever."

"No matter what."

Wei Ying completed his sentence with a dull laugh. Even though he knew that he wasn't going to make it out alive, he wanted to believe that what he heard was all true.

"S-she did it just like she promised didn't she?"

Fake tears were shed.

A fake funeral was orchestrated.

Fake investigations were organised.

A fake name was given to the boy who never died.

' To the World Wei Wuxian is dead. '

She announced the day he turned four. To say that she had such a plan up her sleeve was never really the part where the questions were raised.

The question was why she kept him captive and let him escape just to lure him back into her perfect trap.

Wei Ying sighed against the door, a heave left his chapped lips. The pale pallor was taking over his face like it once used to stay over his face.

He finally understood what the whole ordeal was about. The forced feeding and feeling sick afterwards. The frown on the Butlers face as though he was forced to do something he did not wish to.

The look of just smugness on her face when she saw him in the hospital after getting diagnosed. She bragged about how she had warned him to be filial with his food.

"She poisoned me."

Wei Ying muttered under his breath watching his hands slowly turning blue.

"Wei Ying please. Don't close your eyes."

No amount of running and rage driving was going to bring him to the Jiang manor at the right time. The cops would need a warrant to walk inside the Jiang house, it gave Yu Ziyuan Enough time to escape with wei ying in her clutches.

"Please, Wei Ying."

A choked gasp was heard from the other side and the line went dead the next second.

Lan Zhan's eyes widened in horror when the line went dead.

' No! No! No! '

He screamed inside his mind and slammed his hands against the glass barrier.

Meanwhile, Yu Ziyuan walked inside her nephew's room with a smirk on her face. It looked smug but, wei wuxian had long passed out before he could see her face.

"Xianxian broke a rule now, didn't he?"

"Time for payback."

_______________________________________

Hello there~!

Hope you guys are safe and well.

This book is coming to an end. Maybe three more chapters? And then one last epilogue.

Anyways~

See ya~!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

405K 20.3K 34
Wei WuXian was the secret of the Jiang sect. Not many knew of him, and everyone was warned against going towards the house on the river. All who trie...
45.6K 2.6K 17
Wèi Wúxiàn found himself in a place he never expected to be - torn between sadness and despair. The loss of his loved ones, especially his dear son...
1.1K 46 1
It's a modern Wangxian oneshot, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji two business rivals mistakenly spent night together. Whatever, Lan Wangji knows he spent ni...
70.9K 3.6K 24
When Wei Ying woke up in the past during his time in Cloud Recesse, he is shock to see Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli in front of him. He remember seein...