OMNISCIENT

By kemrez

♧ COMPLETED ▪︎ Chapter Count: 39 + Epilogues From an omniscient view, we follow Sam'Riyah Parker, the best ba... More

▪︎ PREFACE ▪︎
Omniscient 1 ◇
Omniscient 2 ◇
Omniscient 3 ◇
Omniscient 4 ◇
Her.
Omniscient 5 ◇
Omniscient 6 ◇
Omniscient 7 ◇
Omniscient 8 ◇
Omniscient 9 ◇
Omniscient 10 ◇
Omniscient 11 ◇
Omniscient 12 ◇
Omniscient 13 ◇
Omniscient 14 ◇
Omniscient 15 ◇
Omniscient 16 ♡
Omniscient 17 ♡
Omniscient 18 ♡
Omniscient 19 ♡
Omniscient 20 ♡
Omniscient 21 ♡
Omniscient 22 ♡
Omniscient 23 ♡
Omniscient 24 ♡
Omniscient 25 ♡
Omniscient 26 ♡
Omniscient 27 ♡
Omniscient 28 ♡
Omniscient 29 ♡
Omniscient 30 ♤
Omniscient 31 ♤
Omniscient 32 ♤
Omniscient 33 ♤
Omniscient 34 ♤
Omniscient 35 ♤
Omniscient 36 ♤
Omniscient 37 ♤
Omniscient 38 ♤
Omniscient 39 ♤
♧ Epilogue I ♧
♧ Epilogue II ♧

♧ Epilogue III ♧

181 9 1
By kemrez

"You're really big Sam." Juhaun voiced, helping Sam off the ground.

Sam rolled her eyes and snatched her hand away from him as soon as she didn't need his help.

"It's y'all big ass genes this baby has."

Juhaun laughed.

"I can't wait for my nephew to pop out. You hear that lil' man." He crouched to the level of her belly, gently shaking it.

"Ow! Stop, the baby's kicking too hard for you." She moved away, "How do you know it's a boy?"

"I just know." He shrugged.

"I'm hungry and we have to go to the hospital for Ma, so come on."

Juhaun got a break off from school and the original plan was to use the time and spend with Sam, since they haven't been spending much quality time together since he found out she was pregnant and be there for the arrival of the baby. However, Janet fell extremely ill and had to be admitted to the hospital.

Everyone was worried but it was playing on Jeremiah the most. He didn't cope well with sickness or death. When everyone had an understanding and acceptance of the reality, he was holding on to what may be. It was a good stance to have but Janet was ready to rest. Janet didn't want a miracle, she wanted to go peacefully, let it be well with her soul.

"She's staying here too right?" Juhuan asked.

"Yea, Miah wants to keep an eye on her this weekend while Nick and Aria fix up the house space to make it more comfortable for her." Sam replied.

"Ah, that's good."

Sam touched his shoulder, stopping him in his tracks.

"Are you okay J? You know you can talk to me."

"I know that Sam. I'm okay, really. I've come to peace with everything a long time ago and though it may hurt if we really lose her, I know that she would be better off and that we'll be fine. I'm just grateful to how far she has come." He let out.

Sam could feel the tears.

"That's nice J." Her voice broke, "I'm sorry, I swear all I know is crying since I've been pregnant."

Juhuan laughed.

"I thought Jer was joking when he said it but he was not exaggerating enough."

"Shut up, let's go."

•~~•

"Jeremiah got me cooped up in this bed since yesterday. I'm glad he's gone out so I can breathe." Janet said as she stood up, after oiling Sam's scalp.

"Ma, you know he's just worried about you," Sam smiled at her.

"He should be worrying about you and that big belly, you're carrying. Why is your belly looking bigger Sam?" Janet rubbed on her tummy, earning couple kicks.

"I think the baby is stretching out. It's almost time to pop out of me."

"That's right. Come sit here with me baby." Janet sat on the bed bench and pat the space next to her.

"Okay, have you decided a name for baby?"

"We had a few but we haven't set them in stone yet."

"Could I have the honour of having a hand in naming the baby? I just don't know if I would even live to see you give birth but I'm sure I won't grow with this baby and..." Janet's voice cracked.

"Aw, ma... you're going to make me cry." Sam let out.

"I just want to be with baby in some way. I don't care if it's the first name or middle. I have a suggestion, would you like to hear it?" Janet smiled through her tears.

Sam nodded her head, trying to keep her tears at bay.

"Nathaniel, if it's a boy and Nathania, if it's a girl. The meaning is God has given. I saw it fit because after everything you went through, it's truly a gift from God." Janet spoke.

Sam couldn't hold her tears anymore.

"That's beautiful Ma. Thank you." She brought Janet into a hug.

Janet held her.

"You're a great girl Sam'Riyah and I'm glad you're here in this family, more so for Jeremiah. We've been through a lot I know but it only enhances my appreciation for you. I know that I can leave, knowing someone has my their interests at heart. I leave knowing Jeremiah isn't alone and has someone strong beside him to stand. It's going to be hard Sam'Riyah. He's going to be a mess and he's going to need you. You're gonna need to be strong, okay?" Janet lifted Sam's head to wipe her face.

"You hear me baby?"

"Yes Ma. Just hold on a bit more please. He's not ready yet." Sam held Janet's now weak hand.

"I know but I can't promise that. He's strong but he's going to need help finding all that strength. Relax, we all have an appointed time baby and when it's mine, I'll be fine."

•~~~~•

"Dad, that's not how you do it..." Riley folded her arms, giving her father a strong look.

"He's too old to be doing all'at. That's the problem Riles." Juhuan teased.

"Shut yo ass up! I don't know why that place let you out  to come torment me." Jeremiah complained again for the 3456th time this week.

"Dad, come on!" Riley tried showing her father the new dance once more.

It was actually hilarious as Sam and Janet watched them in laughter.

"I'm going to lay down, Sam. This is too much for me." Janet moved away.

"Alright. I'll wake you when the food gets here." Sam let her know.

Everyone sat watching some old movies when the food finally arrived.

"I have to go and get Ma." Sam let out.

"You relax, I'll go get her," Jeremiah said.

"It's fine, I need to walk anyway."

"Can we at least start eating? By time you're done moving, the food is cold," Juhuan spoke up.

Jeremiah hit him upside his head as Sam rolled her eyes.

"Eat a d-" She stopped, remembering Riley was in the room and Juhuan was daring her to complete her sentence, "Leave me alone, Juhuan."

She made it to Janet's room and saw Janet silently shaking on her bed.

"Ma, what's wrong? Ma?!" She was about to call Jeremiah when Janet grabbed her arm.

She looked down and saw Janet shaking her head 'no'.

"But Ma, you're shaking too much. You need to get help."

Janet shook her head again, holding unto Sam's arm. Sam had tears rolling down her face and it hurt Janet to put her through this but she hoped Sam would understand that she didn't want her boys to last see her like this.

The room around her spun and she felt the energy leaving her body slowly. It was time and she was glad that it was now. She had made things right and left things right. She did not have to worry.

Sam's head was spinning. She watched as Janet's life left her. She didn't know what to do but as Janet's hand finally lose grip of her arm, she fell to the ground and let out a loud cry. That sure had alarmed the males.

Jeremiah was quick on his feet as soon as he heard his fiancee's cry. His first thought was that she was going into labour. When he pulled open the door, to see Sam holding on to his mother's limp hand hanging from the edge of the bed, he knew.

He felt his entire body run cold. He was numb. He knew this feeling all too well. He felt it the last time he saw his dad.

He bent to Sam'Riyah's level and picked her up as she sobbed in his chest.

"She didn't want me to tell you Miah. I didn't know what to do. I'm sorry." She cried.

He couldn't find the words to comfort her. He couldn't find any words.

•~~~~•

It has been a month after the burial of Janet. Everyone was surprisingly at peace. Yes, they missed her but they knew she was at rest and she would want them to be okay and continue to live in honour of her.

Jeremiah dealt with it better than he thought he would. He knew the woman who he had with him was a big part to play in that. She grounded him. She was his rock in this time and she showed up just like she promised she would.

"Papa, I think baby is playing." She rolled on her ball.

He smiled as he watched her, making the last touches to the baby's side of the room. They had a nursery but they didn't feel comfortable having the baby in his/her own room for the first few months.

"I think so too. We have taken one too many false alarm trips to the hospital."

Sam was overdue. She was happy to have made it so far, to even be overdue but she was over it now. The pregnancy has taken enough toll on her body and she wanted to see her baby.

"What y'all doing up in here?" Juhuan busted into the room.

"What if we were butt ass naked in here boy?" Jeremiah scolded.

"Ew. Sam why hasn't lil niqqah come out yet?" He whined, rubbing on her belly and as usual, having the baby kick too hard.

She stood up with his help, rolling her eyes.

"Baby may be a bit comfortable."

"Can't have you being lazy up in there now, nephew. I'm leaving soon and I need to see you before that so get to pushing sir." Juhuan coaxed, leveled with her belly.

At that, Sam felt a big pain run from her belly through to her back.

"Ow! What the f'k?" She used Juhaun's shoulder as support.

Taking deep breaths, a while later, a next wrenching pain found her. She cried out in pain.

"All it took was for Juhuan's ass to get this shit going? I'll go get the car running..." Jeremiah said, having no choice but to leave Sam because she had Juhuan in a tight hold.

Tears formed in Sam's eyes, both from pain & joy. It was finally time.

----

One last push & she heard her baby's loud cries.

"It's a boy!"

Jeremiah kissed her forehead with a smile spanning his face. Sam smiled, exhausted as the nurse put her baby on her chest. It felt surreal. She was finally the mother of her own child. She cried overwhelmed.

"You did great mama. I'm proud of you and I love you so much." Jeremiah whispered to her, teary eyed as well.

Jasmir Nathaniel Savonne

A YEAR LATER

"We always laugh at it but the day Riley fell at your feet , the moment you picked her up was fate. You became her angel but little did we know you were going to be an angel to the whole family. You came and shifted us around, shifted me around. Yes, it was different and as much as I tried to push it away, push you away, fate won in the end." Jeremiah spoke to his bride, gazing into her dark brown orbs,

"Truth be told, as messy as our journey was I wouldn't have it any other way. It made the love we have now, stronger than ever and our foundation sure. As I stand before God and infront of the people who mean the most to us and have been there through our journey, I vow to love you forever, I vow to show you every day how much I do love you, I vow to care for you, to provide for you as your husband, I vow to always respect you, I vow to stay loyal to you, I vow to always be there for you through the thick and the thin, I vow to always be the man you want me to be, not only for you but for our family. This is my vow to you, Sam'Riyah. I love you."

Sam'Riyah wiped her tears and smiled. She squeezed his hands as she began her vows. She would be speaking from her heart, just like he did.

"Jeremiah, my love. I do believe it. This was fate. A messy one to say the least. Yes, I ran away, well I wanted to, but I always ended up back at that damn house..." Laughter erupted, "I always ended up back with you. We lost so much and were dragged out of what we were used to and it wrecked us but no matter how close we were to giving up, our hearts fought for each other. I'm glad I didn't miss out on this. You're an amazing man. An amazing man that I get to spend the rest of my life with. The amazing man that I get to build a home and family with. The amazing man that I will now call my husband. The amazing man that I will forever love.

I vow to cherish you, care for you and respect you. I vow to be your loyal wife, be your home, to always show up for you and our family. I vow to love you. This is my vow to you. I love you papa."

There was no doubting the love in the atmosphere. A love that will last a lifetime. As Sam'Riyah kissed her now proclaimed husband, she was glad for the angelic moment that changed her life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 2K 6
Eunice I've always had this idea of what a marriage should be like, how it should feel. Bliss, happiness, love, lust. And I've experienced it all...u...
14.3K 258 12
[ This 2022 be ready to witness the Epic Tale of Love .💙💚💛] Isaac Goodwin Mayfield is Assistant Director of WHO ( World Health Organization ). Isa...
37.6K 1.4K 37
One Word. Stay. No more, no less. It was all she wanted him to do. Instead, he got on the next flight and took her heart with him. Over an decade lat...