The Heiress

By chaelisabestgirlsx

If Chaeyoung could use any three words to describe herself, she would say that she is rich, beautiful, and ex... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130

Chapter 60

2K 123 82
By chaelisabestgirlsx

***

Lisa's face instantly darkened when she heard Winter's statement. She immediately looked through the crowd and stopped her gaze on the most good looking guy within the group, who she assumed was Felix.

"Miss Park that is a little harsh, don't you think so?" Winter said, while laughing inwardly. Chaeyoung's statement was very clear. Her impression of Felix was common and boring. The fact, that Felix Han heard it from Chaeyoung, elated Winter.

However, who would have thought that Chaeyoung's statement would spark Felix interest and enthusiasm even more?

At this point, Felix was already having a staring contest with Lisa. Felix was a very competitive man. After he heard Chaeyoung's words, that he was dull and normal, he became agitated.

"Let me introduce myself." Felix started, surprising Winter. She assumed that Felix would leave after Chaeyoung's words. "I am Felix Han, I was the one who recruited Chaeyoung two years ago." He said while holding out his hand to Lisa.

He wanted to let Lisa know that he knew Chaeyoung for two years already.

The staring contest continued, as Lisa did not answer him. Instead, she just stared at Felix assessing him.

Felix was about to take back his hand when Lisa suddenly grabbed it. "I am Lisa Manoban. Chaeyoung's wife."

"Really? You guys are already married? Well... congratulations!" Winter excitedly said. Chaeyoung's marriage was a piece of very good news for her. She only hoped that Felix would back down now.

Felix just stared at Lisa with no particular reaction on his face.

Married? He would never believe that!.

"How about a friendly competition Ms Manoban." He said, his gaze intense as he squeezed Lisa's hand.

Lisa narrowed her eyes at him. "What kind of competition are you offering?"

"Since we are in a shooting range then let's have a shooting competition."

"And the bets are...?" Lisa asked.

"The winner will obviously own the prize." Felix answered before walking towards Lisa. Their faces were less than a feet away from each other. Smirking at her he said. "You should have already guessed what the prize is, right? Ms Manoban?"

To his surprise, Lisa let out a chuckle before leaning down towards Felix Han's ear. Then she murmured. "You have the guts, Mr. Han, challenging me like. But I would not agree to your terms. She is not a thing that you can win just by using a mere competition."

"Are you afraid that you will lose?" Felix provoked.

Lisa snorted. "I only fear one thing, Mr. Han, and that is her ire. I know you wouldn't understand that, after all she has never even spent some time talking to you."

"And how do you know that?"

"Why don't you pay some attention at the way she looks at you. If you do not know what that look means, then let me inform you...disgust Mr. Han. She looks at you with pure disgust." Lisa said, her voice dark and dangerous.

Then Lisa slowly took a step backward and revealed a smile towards Felix. "Now... let's try this again. What are the bets?"

"Why don't we make this more exciting?" Winter interrupted. "Let's make it a team competition. You and Chaeyoung against Me and Felix. How does that sound?"

Lisa looked at Chaeyoung, silently asking for her opinion. In response, Chaeyoung gave her a nod. A little competition? Why not?

"So what are we betting on?" Winter asked excitedly. Felix and she were actually field agents. So they were used to guns and danger.

Whereas Chaeyoung stayed at the computer lab all day. She had heard that Chaeyoung practiced shooting at their office's shooting range once. And some people told her that it was Chaeyoung's first time holding a gun. That fact boosted Winter's confidence. What could someone good at computers do with a gun? Type at them?

Felix Han, on the other hand, frowned. He heard from his friends that Chaeyoung could shoot, he had even watched her once. However, Chaeyoung was not particularly good at it.

He wondered where did Chaeyoung get her confidence. Was she oblivious of the fact that both he and Winter were considered sharpshooters?

Chaeyoung had access to everyone's files, so she should already had an idea of their skills. Did that mean that she had not even bother to check?

Or she had checked but had found his background uninteresting, that was why she had just forgot about it.

"Two Million Dollar." Chaeyoung said, making everyone froze. Two million for a competition was a very extravagant bet.

Winter snorted. Two million? Was she kidding? Or she was just afraid that they would lose? "Let's make it a Ten. A ten million dollar." She declared.

"Deal." Chaeyoung instantly gave her a dashing smile. The fish just took the bait.

How wonderful.

Winter gawked at Chaeyoung. She did not expect her to agree with her terms.

Although Winter and Felix came from a fairly rich families, a ten million was still a little too much for both of them.

She actually hoped for Chaeyoung to settle with at least 3 million. Who would have thought that she would easily agree to her words as if...

Winter widened her eyes.

"You... Did you just trick me?" She asked.

"I do not know what you mean Miss Zhang." Chaeyoung looked at Winter, her gaze full of ridicule. Such a stupid woman. No wonder she was not able to catch Felix Han's attention.

"I do not believe you!" Winter fumed. How dare this woman trick her?

"So... does that mean you will not make this bet with us?" Chaeyoung asked provokingly.

"Of course not. We can afford a ten million." Felix interjected. "However, If we win... I want a chance to prove myself to you."

Winter paled after hearing Felix' words. "Felix... What are you saying? Miss Park is already married." She murmured as her eyes reddened. She wanted to ask Felix why did he like someone married. She also wanted to know why Felix could not just back down and look at the women who liked him, such as her? What was wrong with her?

"Married?" Felix sneered, while looking provokingly at Lisa. "In your dreams."

"Pffft... Mr. Han, I never thought that you would actually ask something as stupid as this." Chaeyoung answered while holding Lisa's hands tightly, letting her know that she could handle this. "Sure... We agree. However, if we win... I want you to date Miss Zhang."

Felix stared at Chaeyoung. This woman was so clever that he almost hated it.

Chaeyoung's meaning was simple. If Winter wanted to date Felix she can only lose this bet. That way, Felix would not be able to have a chance with Chaeyoung and would date her instead. This would make Winter strive to lose, instead of doing her best to win.

If Felix agreed with this bet, it would be an automatic win for Chaeyoung and Lisa.

Even Lisa was impressed by her woman's quick thinking. Now, the only way for Felix to win this bet was making Winter to do her best.. However, that was impossible, since Winter liked Felix. She would surely want Felix to date her instead of Chaeyoung.

"So... do we have a deal?" Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow at Felix.

"I will take back what I said. Let's make a ten million bet instead." Felix said, before letting out a sigh. It seemed that he was not smart enough for Chaeyoung yet. For now, he could only back out from his previous words. For now...

"Great!" Chaeyoung beamed. Seeing Felix Han's expression and Winter's contorted face, instantly made her more elated.

Who told these people to disturb her date? Hmp!

"Then let's get started." Winter said. Though Felix did not agree with Chaeyoung's terms, there was still the ten million bet. Winning that money was still a good thing.

Lisa just nodded as Felix and Winter talked to the staff of the shooting range.

Since they were in a theme park, they were going to use electric powered airsoft pistol guns.

There would be three categories in this competition. First would be the stationary, which used diamond pop up targets. Second:the moving targets that were still using pop up diamonds, however this time they would move around. And lastly:the smallest targets that the shooting range had, 12 apples - six stationary and six moving.

After talking to the staff and paying for the whole shooting range, the competition finally started.

Felix and Winter took the first turn. There would be a total of ten targets for the stationary part. They could shoot to their heart's content until their bullets ran out.

Since both Felix and Winter were already experts, it did not take them a lot of time to hit all of the stationary targets. After hitting the ten targets, the duo then went to the second target.

Still, there were a total of ten moving targets. However, this time, they would only have twelve bullets each, to hit all of their ten targets.

Felix hit all the ten targets, however, Winter missed one. Nevertheless, this result was still considered very good.

Then the duo moved to the last part of the competition. Twelve apples were serving as their targets and they were only given 12 bullets. That meant that they needed to hit each target using just 1 shot. And the most difficult part was that they were only given a forty seconds to hit everything.

Felix instantly started shooting the targets and unexpectedly missed one moving apple. However, this was a very good result, considering the fact that they were given a time frame to hit everything.

After seeing that Felix only missed one target, Winter provokingly looked at Chaeyoung and Lisa. However, her expression instantly turned sour, when she saw that the couple was not even looking at them.

Chaeyoung and Lisa were so busy whispering to each other that they did not even noticed Felix finishing his turn.

"Miss Park, Miss Manoban, don't you think it is a little rude for you to not pay attention to the competition?" Winter blurted in her irritation. These two were disrespecting Felix.

Felix Han was considered one of the best shooters in their organization. Seeing him shoot in front of them was already an honor.

"Eh? Are you talking to us, Miss Zhang?" Chaeyoung asked, her eyes full of questions. As if she did not understand Winter's words.

"Of course I am. Stop disrespecting Felix and concentrate on the competition! Felix is one of the best shooters in this country! Watching him shoot is your great honor." She explained while glancing at Felix.

"And?" Chaeyoung asked.

"And you should watch him! Stop flirting with each other! How embarrassing!" Winter raged.

"Hehe... Miss Zhang, I don't really think watching him is more important than what we are doing. A measly ten million dollar is not really that enticing for us. Go... Go... do not mind us. You can proceed without us watching." Chaeyoung nonchalantly said before turning her attention back to Lisa.

"You..." Winter was about to rebut when she was interrupted by Felix.

"Winter... it is your turn. Do not pay attention to them. Just focus on winning." Felix patted Winter's shoulder before looking at Lisa and Chaeyoung. His gaze was unfathomable.

Lisa might think that she got her. But Felix was just getting started. He had been sent here to own her and she would become his.

Winter did not say anything and went to start firing bullets towards the targets. Eleven hit, one missed. The result was the same with Felix.

Noticing, that everybody was looking at her with awe, Winter instantly held her head up high and made her way towards Chaeyoung and Lisa.

"It is your turn." She said, her tone proud. Who would not be? She only missed once just like Felix.

"Okay... Lis go ahead... you go first." Chaeyoung calmly said, ignoring Winter. Then the couple went to start shooting for the first set of competition.

To everyone's surprise, both Lisa and Chaeyoung was able to hit all ten targets just like Felix and Winter.

"What is so unique about that? The targets were not moving. I could even hit them with my eyes closed." Winter murmured, making sure that her colleagues could hear her.

Why did it seem like they were all surprised to see Chaeyoung hit all the targets?

Unbeknownst to her, when Chaeyoung was still working with them, all of her colleagues knew that she was not particularly good at shooting. In fact, she had only hit a target once when she was still learning. So, seeing her hit all ten targets now was such a surprise to everyone.

After finishing the first set, the couple moved to the second set of the competition, which involved the moving targets. Still, Chaeyoung and Lisa passed it with flying colours. However, they actually had the same score with Felix and Winter. Lisa hit everything and Chaeyoung missed one target.

At this point, Felix and the others were already confused. How come Chaeyoung was able to hit every target now, when she had been so bad at it before? Was it possible that she was just hiding her abilities while she was working with them?

In fact, this was actually the case for Chaeyoung. When she first learnt how to shoot on the shooting range in the organization, she realized that she actually had a natural aptitude at shooting. Moreover, she was able to hit the bullseye on her first try.

After realizing this, Chaeyoung made sure to pretend that she was bad at shooting so she would not attract any attention to herself. She wanted to stay as low key as possible while she was working at the organization.

However, since she had already stopped working for them, Chaeyoung was already free to do whatever she liked. Of course, that included winning a ten million dollar bet.

Since they were now done with the sevond set. Chaeyoung and Lisa went to the last one, Lisa started to hit the targets one by one, however, she missed the last stationary target.

This instantly earned sneers and disgusted looks from the group. How come Lisa was so good at hitting moving targets but unexpectedly missed the last one?

However, Lisa ignored everyone's mockery and just smiled at Chaeyoung. As if no one was watching her aside from her.

Felix instantly frowned when he saw Lisa's gaze towards Chaeyoung, it was as if the duo had already planned this. As if Lisa deliberately missed the last target for her.

"Naive." He heard Chaeyoung say while sending them a side glance. Then she smirked at them. "Let me show you why she missed."

Chaeyoung then shot the eleven bullets in succession, hitting every target in the fastest way possible.

The group looked at the time, twenty seconds left. So far this was the fastest speed among everyone.

Then Chaeyoung turned to look at them, giving everyone a smirk before she shot the last stationary apple while still staring at them.

Everyone held their breath, waiting for her to miss.

However, the failure did not come.

Bullseye.

"Did you get it now?" She asked. "Lisa could have easily hit it. But chose not to, so her queen could finish the competition with flying colours."

"Now... since we won by one point, I would expect the money by tomorrow at the Wang Group." Chaeyoung then walked beside Lisa, lacing their fingers together.

"Please excuse us. We have a date to finish." She said before walking hand in hand with Lisa, leaving everyone with their mouths wide open.

Of course, Lisa did not forget to bring along the man-sized teddy bear, that she had won for Chaeyoung.

Then they heard Chaeyoung's laugh while saying, "Who would have thought that a ten million dollar would just fall in our hands today like this… hehehe such an easy money Miss Manoban. Why don't you buy me an ice cream as a celebration?"

.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 6.9K 26
Rosรฉ knows how she feels about Lisa, she knows her feelings far exceed those of just a friendship. But does Lisa feel the same or does she see her ju...
197K 7.4K 97
Never had the interest in getting married or involving in any kinds of special relationship. Everything feels chaotic when they are told to get marri...
101K 5.5K 52
Park Chaeyoung has an ordinary genius life in the Ultara Academy, but then something about her begins to change. A presence of a beautiful, yet myste...
225K 5.4K 40
There's unexpected event that we can meet our special someone from the past, that's the work of fate. But sometimes, there's someone and something th...