The Heiress

By chaelisabestgirlsx

If Chaeyoung could use any three words to describe herself, she would say that she is rich, beautiful, and ex... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130

Chapter 49

1.6K 102 44
By chaelisabestgirlsx

***

The atmosphere in the Choi Family's room was dark.

Gloomy.

As if someone died or it was a very bad place.

Miyeon was currently crying her eyes out on her bed and refused to talk to anyone.

She couldn't take the fact that she had lost to someone like Chaeyoung. How will she face the world now?

How about her family? Will they become a laughing stock after this?

What about the shares? Will Chaeyoung really take the five percent shares of their company?

Meanwhile, Daniel and Old Man Choi were sitting at the patio.. Staring at the horizon. Each engrossed in their own thoughts.

How did this happen? This summit brought them nothing but embarrassment after embarrassment.

Old Man Choi clenched his jaw while thinking of Chaeyoung's provoking words.

"That girl needs to disappear. She had caused us too much damage and loss of millions of money." He said before gritting his teeth.

"I agree." Daniel Choi nodded. Although he does not usually do things like this, he believed this woman was an exception. "However, it will be very hard for us to harm her with the Manoban Family's protection."

"Now that she showed everyone her skills, the Manoban Family will also double their efforts to protect her. After all, they will also benefit from all of this. For someone as skilled as her, to be the future matriarch... it would be an advantage for the Manoban Family." He added.

Old Man Choi nodded in response. He understood this. And he was trying badly to make a plan to eliminate Chaeyoung.

"Another concern for us is Wendy's marriage. How are we supposed to tell her that we are canceling her engagement?" Daniel asked. His sister was another problem. He cannot imagine how Wendy will react after they tell her this.

"We need to cancel that engagement... This time I know Chaeyoung is laying a trap for us." Old Man Choi answered. He was already contemplating if proposing this engagement was a mistake.

After all, everything started because of this engagement. Okay, that was not actually true, since he had been eyeing the Wang Group for a long time already. Still, he somehow thought that it was this engagement that provoked Chaeyoung.

"How about the shares? Are we going to give them to her?" Daniel asked.

"Of course we will... I don't want to lose any more face. It's just five percent anyway."

"Father... I think we need to think this through... Who knows what else that menace will do against us? We already know that she is extremely smart. With her skills... I think... She will be unstoppable if she gets serious."

Old Man Choi immediately furrowed his brows. His son was right. That woman was indeed a menace. "Then I need to think this through... We still have two days before the summit ends. By the way... what about the Moon Corp? Have you heard anything from them?"

"No. The same reason. The person told me that their CEO was at this summit. Yet, I haven't been able to see any of the Moon Corp's representative here... I..."

"What?" Old Man Choi asked after sensing his son's hesitation.

"I think the CEO is intentionally hiding from us. This just doesn't add up. This person is now our second biggest shareholder. Just next to our 30%, yet he seems to avoid us." He explained. "Also, I never heard any answer from the Hwang's. As if... they fear talking to us. What if... What if we offended someone influential, and they want to take over our company?"

"That assumption is only possible if I offended someone, which I did not. Or at least I don't remember offending someone capable of doing something like that in such a short period of time." Old Man Choi answered while massaging his temples. This was causing him too much stress.

Daniel nodded without saying anything. Still, this did not lessen his suspicions.

What if his suspicions were true?

But who could it be? Only the Manoban Family can do something like this and that was just... impossible.

Due to his father the Manoban Family will not touch them.

So could it be...?

Could it be Chaeyoung?

But... But how did she obtain the Hwang's shares? The Hwang Family were ruthless and extremely dangerous because of their ties with the underworld.

NO... It was impossible. Chaeyoung might be smart and talented, but she was but a child. How could she stand toe to toe against the Hwang Family?

Isn't that a little... extravagant for her age?

"What is all this? Why is everyone so gloomy?" A bubbly voice was heard which made the duo turn their heads towards its source.

"Wendy... good thing that you are here. Come sit." Old Man Choi said as he gestured for his daughter to sit beside them.

"Father why are you so... you look as if someone died. Is there any problem?" She asked before putting down her luggage and walking towards her father and brother.

"Something happened..."

"Oh before I forgot... I need to find Jackson... Hmp! I haven't seen him since we went to the hospital to see Old Man Wang... I am so excited about the announcement of our engagement. I already bought a ring... here look." She excitedly said before showing her hand to the duo. "Ahhhh... I can't stop myself...It looks so good on my hand. This diamond looks so gorgeous, isn't it?"

"What do you think father?" She asked.

The atmosphere immediately dropped after Wendy said those words. She even spent millions on an engagement ring? What will she do when they tell her that they need to cancel this engagement?

"What?" Wendy asked after seeing their grim expressions.

"What is it?"

Old Man Choi clenched his jaw before he started telling Wendy about the events that happened at the summit.

"Really?" Wendy asked, her eyes wide. Unable to believe her father's words. "How could she do that to us?"

For Wendy what happened was Chaeyoung's fault. How could it be her niece's fault?

"Well... she did. And she will get five percent of the company's shares." Daniel answered.

"Is that a serious deal? I mean we could tell her to just give them to me as a wedding gift." Wendy said before she widened her eyes. "Right! That is such a good idea! I can just ask Taehyung to do that for me!"

"Wendy... did you just hear our words? Chaeyoung and the Wang Family are extremely dangerous." Old Man Choi said.

"Dangerous? What can she do? Type some foreign codes? Where is the danger there?" She reasoned. "Hmmm... I should meet with Taehyung to discuss my wedding and Jackson... oh wait! I was going to visit his room... Now, look at what you did. This stories could wait... Now I am late for my appointment with my husband." She said before getting up and rushing towards the door.

"Wendy... Jackson is not here in the hotel or at the summit." Daniel's words immediately halted Wendy's steps.

"What do you mean? How could he not be here?"

"Chaeyoung already informed us that he will not attend this summit. Remember?" Daniel said.

"I know he will not attend the summit but he needs to attend the engagement announcement. If I can't see him then I will just go to Taehyung and asked the shares back.

Wendy rushed out of the suite before the duo could stop her.

"What are we going to do now?" Daniel asked his father. They needed to cancel this engagement.

"Go and drag your sister back." Old Man Choi said before pouring himself another cup of coffee...

After a few minutes, Daniel and Wendy came back, almost shouting at each other.

"Why do you have to act like a good little brother all the time? I am your sister! You cannot treat me as your daughter!" Wendy fumed.

"I told you to listen to me... we are not done talking, you can't just go and see whoever you want to see!"

"I am not just seeing anyone! I am going to see my future son!"

"Okay... You two stop it. We need to talk!" Old Man Choi interrupted.

Wendy took a seat while pouting. She seriously needed to leave the Choi Household soon and live at Wang's estate. She cannot let these people treat her like a child, when she is already a matured married woman.

"Wendy... we need to cancel this engagement." Old Man Choi said after a few seconds.

Wendy immediately cocked her head towards her father, as she furrowed her brows.

"I'm sorry... what did you say?"

This time it was Daniel who answered her question.

"We can't continue with this engagement Wendy... not with Chaeyoung looking at us like her prey."

"Wait... did you say, cancel my engagement? You mean... no engagement? No wedding?" She asked, her face turning purple then green before it paled. It was as if a bucket of ice cold water was poured on her whole body as her father's words echoed inside her head.

Cancel the engagement...

Cancel the wedding...

"Wendy calm yourself. This is a necessity after what had happened at this summit." Old Man Choi calmly said. "We can just look for another way to have Jackson marry you. But for now... we need to cancel it."

"What are you talking about? Why are we going to cancel my marriage?" She asked, her eyes slowly turning red.

"Wendy... listen. This is just temporary, I will have you marry that man soon. But not now. We need to solve this problem first." her father explained.

"What!? No! Why should I suffer when it was clearly you who caused this? I will never cancel this marriage! Never!"

"Sister... you need to listen to us. Stop acting like a spoiled brat and listen! This is for your own good! Who knows what kind of trap she is laying for us! For you!"

"I SAID NO! I will not cancel this engagement unless Jackson canceled it first. Which he did not!" She insisted. "Father, why are you doing this? I waited for this moment more than fifteen years! Jackson is mine! He will marry me no matter what!"

"You... listen to yourself. You sound like an extremely crazy person! Can't you use your brain and think about it?"

"What is there to think about? I did not do anything wrong. It was you and your son, as well as your stupid granddaughter who provoked Chaeyoung." Wendy said while pointing her fingers at Daniel and Old Man Choi.

"I did not do anything wrong. Why should I suffer with you? Your company can sink for all I care! I am the future matriarch of the Wang Family!"

"You... You are the most selfish person that I know! How can you not care about your family?" Daniel bellowed, his patience was running out.

"Family? Is this a family? Then why are you trying to prevent my wedding? When this is my happiness. My wish! Is this how you treat a family?"

"Wendy calm down. Take a sit so we can talk about this properly." Old Man Choi said, trying his best to stay calm.

He expected his daughter to react like this. And he can't help but feel emotional about all of this.

"No... I am not going to sit down! And No... I will not agree with your crazy proposition. I will marry Jackson and become the matriarch of the Wang Family!" She said before storming out of the room.

This time Old Man Choi did not stop her, nor he asked Daniel to follow her. He knows his daughter like the back of his hand.

He knows how stubborn she could be. And he also knows how much she loves Jackson.

Old Man Choi let out a long sigh and stared at the busy city in front of him.

He cannot allow this engagement to happen. Although his heart hurt by watching his daughter suffer, Old Man Choi still didn't change his decision.

Who knows what trap Chaeyoung laid for them this time.

Old Man Choi knew that she was up to something. And it could be something that will destroy their family.

"Grandfather?" Old Man Choi turned his head when he heard Miyeon's voice.

"What's going to happen to us now?" She asked, unable to stop the tears from streaming down her face.

"I don't know. Some people and shareholders already started to call my business phone number." He answered. In fact, he had been receiving calls since yesterday. They were concerned about Chaeyoung's treats.

However, he was able to assure them that Chaeyoung was just lying and she was not capable of doing something like that.

But now was absolutely a different matter. Chaeyoung... she showed everyone that she was capable.

And the whole web industry was aware of her skills now. This made some of his business partners extremely angry.

Some of them even started talking about pulling out their shares. He never thought that Chaeyoung could bring something so disturbing into their lives.

"Some of my friends also called me because their parents wanted them to avoid me. Grandfather what should I do now?" She asked.

"Well, I told you not to offend her. Yet, you still did. I hope this time you already learned your lesson." This time it was Daniel who answered.

Miyeon did not answer and bit her lips, tears still falling down from her cheeks.

What can she say? It was the truth. She dug her own grave.

"Are we just going to let her do what she wants grandfather? Don't you think she is too ruthless doing this to us?" Miyeon said after a few seconds.

Old Man Choi let out a long sigh. "I honestly don't know. I tried to ask for Old Man Manoban's help a while ago but... I don't know he seemed to take Chaeyoung Park's side."

This time, they are almost done because of Chaeyoung's ruthless schemes. He was not sure about anything else right now... All he was sure about is that Chaeyoung needs to disappear.

And she needs to disappear as soon as possible.

Or who knows what kind of storm she will bring to their family.

"But that is not reasonable father. You and Old Man Manoban had been friends for decades. What is he thinking?" Daniel Choi asked.

"His granddaughter. He is thinking of his granddaughter. And about Chaeyoung's potential. She could be a very good asset for the Manoban Family." Old Man Choi answered. "Now when it is like this... I want you to lay low. Do not provoke her again. If you see her, then just walk away."

"Grandfather I can't do that..."

"Stop right there Miyeon and think about what happened because of your pride and stupid ego. Can't you see? She is not someone that we could offend." Old Man Choi said.

"Do you really want to destroy our family? Huh?" He added.

"Grandfather I..." Miyeon stuttered. She does not want to destroy the Choi Family, all she wanted was to destroy Chaeyoung. "Can't we just... get rid of her grandfather?"

......

Sorry for late updates.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55K 1.5K 35
Jennie, she is the typical rich girl you always saw on movies. She's coming from an influential family, got a cool friends group, spending money with...
226K 5.4K 40
There's unexpected event that we can meet our special someone from the past, that's the work of fate. But sometimes, there's someone and something th...
175K 7.6K 29
FIRST BOOK IN THE YELLOW SERIES Park Chaeyoung hated Lalisa Manoban, plain and simple. Of course, who could blame her? Lisa had been the one who read...
34.5K 1K 60
Lisa hated her. Everything about her. Fucking Miss Perfect. Rich parents, pretty face, good grades and by the way also the schools student representa...