Changed

By zijabi

#4 in Spiritual 6/24/16 Sofia Ali is a 17 year old girl that attends to Doyen High School. Her life has b... More

Warning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Not An Update
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
attention!
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Changed 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63

Chapter 17

3.2K 186 65
By zijabi

This week literally just went past me, cause it's already a Thursday.

My plan of ignoring Adam was still going on, I won't talk to him till he tells me. And I get a feeling that he'll ask me why I'm not speaking to him, he better know the damn answer.

Like usual the halls are filled with a bunch of students, I search quickly for Mira. I spot her by her locker wearing a gold dress and a white scarf. She always looks classy.

"Mira." I smile.

She turns to me and smiles. "Hey."

"Have you seen Adam." The words slips out of my mouth.

Mira looks at me with a questionable smile.

"Adam? Which Adam are we talking about." She raises her eyebrows.

I stay silent, looking everywhere but her.

"Oh my gosh, the weird Adam?" Mira gasp.

"His not weird!" Why am I defending him anyways.

Mira rolled her eyes, getting her notebooks out. "What happened to thinking he was a serial killer?"

"Maybe I was being judge mental." I shrug my shoulders.

"Don't hang around with that creep Sofia." Mira says with worried eyes.

I scoff, throwing my backpack over my shoulder. "His not a creep."

"And stop defending him."

"I'm not defending him, it's just you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover right? Same thing with people. Don't judge him by his appearance."

"I'm not judging, I just feel a bad vibe about him." Mira closes her locker slowly.

She doesn't know Adam at all, she doesn't know what he does to himself. No one does but me. Even though that's all I know about him, it feels like I know more.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes. We say our goodbyes, saying we'll talk more at lunch.

I go upstairs to my locker, doing my combination. In the corner of my eye I can see Adam pulling his one red note book out of his locker. I'm already thinking of ways to greet him, but I must forget his existence, cause if I don't he probably won't tell me.

"Hey." I hear Adam's voice but don't say anything.

"Ahem." He clears his throat. "I said hey."

I continue to not speak to him or make eye contact. I pull out my notebooks, and shut my locker, walking off to advisory only to be stopped by Adam.

"Wow. You're gonna ignore me now." He chuckles, pulling his hood off. I stare at his hand that was on my shoulder. Adam catches on and puts his hand back to his sides.

"Look! Just cause I'm not ready to tell you the truth about-" Adam begins but I cut him off.

"Tell me what truth? You said it's your friends that made you..." I trial off.

Wait. He said it was his so called friends didn't he? So what does he mean by telling me the truth? Which means...

"You lied?" I leaned back, waiting for him to tell me he wasn't lying, but he doesn't speak. I wasn't gonna say anything till he does. Adam's mouth is opened but no words seems to come out.

"Why is that a surprise." I say, pushing past him.

"Good morning Sofia." Mr.Foley says looking at attendance. The classroom was surprisingly cold, most of the students wore sweaters and sweatpants. And here I am wearing a dark gray hijab and a black T-shirt with dark jeans. I'm freezing.

"Hi." I mumble angrily, taking my seat. Adam follows behind me, sitting on the desk besides mine.

He looks at my bare arms and back to me. "Are you cold?"

Unbelievable, doesn't he see I don't want to even look at him. I ignore him till I notice him unzipping his black sweater.

"I don't want your sweater." I say through my teeth.

Adam seems taken back by my harsh tone for a moment, but quickly recovers by changing his expression.

"Fine." Adam faces forward to the front of the class, but every now and then he turns to me. Which was awkward, but I pretended like I didn't notice.

The bell dismisses us all, I rush out of the door before Adam could say a word to me which he doesn't. I'm disappointed he didn't say anything to me, but why was I expecting him to anyways.

My first two classes goes by, and lunch finally comes. I spot the lunch table I always sit at, it's at the back of the cafeteria, far from all the other lunch tables. I place my notebooks down, and rush to the line before it becomes incredibly long.

I get my trey and get seated with Mira and them. I zone in and out of their conversation, I hate to admit it but Adam was certainly on my mind again.

I wonder what his doing in this moment, and most importantly why he lied to me. Maybe ignoring him wasn't the best move to make right now.

When he was gonna give me his sweater again I thought I was gonna yell, what was he thinking. Does it look like I wanted a damn sweater from him.

The answer is yes, but I won't accept that answer.

I notice that they're talking about Zafir, which reminded me about that awkward run in from yesterday.

"Speaking of Zafir, we had an awkward moment yesterday." I tell Mira when I notice the others weren't listening.

Her eyes widens. "What happened?"

"We bumped into each other, and he was being so apologetic about it all." I take a sip out of the small milk carton.

"His a kind boy that's for sure." Mira says and I couldn't agree more, but everyone has flaws I wonder what's his.

"Still can't believe he speaks three different languages!" I whisper-shout to Mira.

"I bet you he was lying." Mira shakes her head. "It's impossible to be that.." Mira searches for words.

"Perfect?" I say.

"Yes, perfect." Mira and I go into a laughing fit.

We dump our trey, and quickly gather our things as the bell rings.

"Bye Sofia."

"Bye." I wave back to her.

My third class was math, me and Najma had that class together. I hated and loved it at the same time, but since we where taking college standers it was pretty hard.

I go to my fourth class which was English, my favorite subject. My teacher assigned the class to write a three to four page about the definition of love, I clearly thought this was a joke and so did other students, but it turns out my teacher wasn't kidding. I'll think of my family for that topic I guess.

My fifth period class went by quickly, we had to watch a documentary and take down important facts about it.

My last class finally came around which was anatomy, I gave my full attention this time. Making sure I was even sitting up straight. I nod here and there just to make it look like I was offically paying attention, which I was.

I rush out of the classroom once the bell rang, I didn't want to get stopped by Mr.Dawn again even though I did pay attention this time, it's just to make sure.

The end of the day finally came, this time I didn't spot Adam by the tree that I usual lean on. I quickly walk towards it since it had shade, and outside was pretty hot. Also since Adam wasn't there.

I lean back on the tree, staring out at the loud jocks that kept laughing loudly. There incredibly loud.

"Boo." I jump up, turning around seeing a huge smile plastered on Adam's lips.

I look at him angerily, and walk off, but of course he follows.

"Oh come on, that was funny. Even you have to admit." Adam chuckles, and I try my best to not giggle. It was a little funny.

"How long are you going to ignore me?" Adam ask but I knew he knew the answer to that, so I don't speak.

"Right, till I tell you huh." Adam stops walking and so do I. "Sofia, I'm not gonna tell you."

"Why?! That's what I don't understand!" I shout at him. He gives the same look of shock as I do. Why am I shouting at him?

"What I don't understand is why you care so fucking much to know." Adam's face seems unreadable for the first time.

"I care, because I care!"

"That doesn't even make sense." Adam shouts back. His giving me a damn headache.

"Why can't you tell me?" I lower my voice.

Adam blinks a couple times. "I'm not ready to."

"Ready to what? Just tell me!"

"What will it benefit?" Adam ask the question that I've been trying hard to answer myself.

"I don't know." I sigh,"look, if you don't want to tell me than don't." I say for his sake, but in all honestly I hope he wasn't gonna take that bullshit.

"I don't." Adam says, my face falls.

"A-Adam I don't-"

"Your bus is here." He cuts me off.

I turn around spotting it parked. I look back at Adam and nod. I was expecting him to say goodbye to me but he doesn't. Instead he hugs me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

957K 31.3K 28
From opposite sides of the tracks comes a novel of two unprecedented lovers. Dunya Kareem and Cameron Miller are two individuals who are so confident...
5.5K 651 43
Aleena is an ordinary student, like all other teenagers even she was having a busy and carefree life until one day the whole society started talking...
12.7K 870 32
Inaya Hussein is a happy go to 20-year-old studying medicine wanting to make her parents proud. Religion plays a huge part in her life. Her two best...
205K 18.3K 30
© 2017 All Rights Reserved Eighteen year old Hafsah gets admitted into her dream college to study psychology. There, she meets the arrogant and hand...