Snake Venom

By DisasterChild20

The story of Jughead Jones' twin sister Clementine. Although she tends to go CJ as she hated her first name. More

Clementine Janet 'CJ' Jones
Chapter One ~ The River's Edge
Chapter Two ~ A Touch Of Evil
Chapter Three ~ Body Double
Chapter Four ~ The Last Picture Show
Chapter Five ~ Heart Of Darkness
Chapter Six ~ Faster, Pussycats! Kill! Kill!
Chapter Seven ~ In A Lonely Place
Chapter Eight ~ The Outsiders
Chapter Nine ~ La Grande Illusion
Chapter Ten ~ The Lost Weekend
Chapter Eleven ~ To Riverdale and Back Again
Chapter Twelve ~ Anatomy of a Murder
Chapter Thirteen ~ The Sweet Hereafter
Chapter Fourteen ~ A Kiss Before Dying
Chapter Fifteen ~ Nighthawks
Chapter Sixteen ~ The Watcher In The Woods
Chapter Seventeen ~ The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Chapter Eighteen ~When A Stranger Call
Chapter Nineteen ~ Death Proof
Chapter Twenty ~ Tales From The Darkside
Chapter Twenty-One ~ House of the Devil
Bring Me To Life
Chapter Twenty-Two ~ Silent Night, Deadly Night
Chapter Twenty-Three ~ The Blackboard Jungle
Chapter Twenty-Four ~ The Wrestler
A/N
Chapter Twenty-Five ~ The Wicked And The Divine
Chapter Twenty-Six ~ The Tell-Tale Heart
Chapter Twenty-Seven ~ The Hills Have Eyes
Chapter Twenty-Eight ~ There Will Be Blood
Chapter Twenty-Nine ~ Primary Colours
Chapter Thirty ~ The Noose Tightens
Chapter Thirty-One ~ A Night to Remember
Chapter Thirty-Two ~ Prisoners
Chapter Thirty-Three ~ Shadow of a Doubt
Chapter Thirty-Four ~ Judgemment Night
Chapter Thirty-Five ~ Brave New World
House
Chapter Thirty-Six ~Labor Day
Chapter Thirty-Eight ~ As Above, So Below
Chapter Thirty-Nine ~ The Midnight Club
Chapter Forty ~ The Great Escape
Chapter Forty-One ~ Manhunter
Chapter Forty-Two ~ The Man in Black
Chapter Forty-Three ~ Outbreak
Chapter Forty-Four ~ No Exit
Chapter Forty-Five ~ The Stranger
Chapter Forty-Six ~ The Red Dahlia
Chapter Forty-Seven ~ Bizarrodale
Chapter Forty-Eight ~ Requiem For A Welterweight
Chapter Forty-Nine ~ Fire Walk With Me
Chapter Fifty ~ American Dreams
Chapter Fifty-One ~ Big Fun
Chapter Fifty-Two ~ The Raid
Chapter Fifty-Three ~ Jawbreaker

Chapter Thirty-Seven ~ Fortune and Men's Eyes

238 3 0
By DisasterChild20

CJ stands in the Blue and Gold as she and Jughead explain what they saw to Betty and Reggie "Oh, my God, Dilton is dead?" Betty asks. "Yeah. And Ben from the drive-in, he's barely hanging on. Doctors don't know when or if he's even gonna wake up. Sheriff Minetta asked us to keep the whole thing hush-hush for the family's sake." CJ tells her. "But, what we saw was..." Jughead rails off "What, Jug?" Betty asks. "It was like a ritual site. Their lips were blue. There were these chalices that were filled with poison or something. Animal bones were in a circle. The tree had markings on it. There was a winged totem with a skull and branches." Jughead explains. "So, was it a murder or a suicide-pact gone wrong?" Reggie asks. "I have no idea." CJ sighs. "I saw Ben and Dilton. They were playing this weird game at Pop's. Dilton was raving about someone called the Gargoyle King. I was also thinking that maybe you and I could investigate this together with Reggie and CJ, for old times' sake. Or at least until we catch a new lead with Archie's case." Jughead tells Betty. "I like that idea. I'll try to see if Dr. Curdle can get us into the coroner's office." Betty responds. "Have more romantic words ever been spoken?" Jughead asks. "No." Betty responds while CJ fake gags. "Shut up CJ, I have to deal with you and Reggie every evening." Jughead playfully glares.

Betty knocks on the door to the coroners office "Dr. Curdle? Oh, you're not..." she trails off. "I'm his son. We spoke over the phone earlier. I took over after my father passed away." Dr Curdle JR explains. "Oh, I'm sorry." Betty tells him. "Do you have the money? The toxicology report revealed lethal levels of cyanide in Mr. Doiley's blood. I surmise the surviving boy didn't drink enough to finish the job." he explains after Betty hands him the money. "Dr. Curdle, if you had to guess, murder or suicide?" Reggie asks. "Well, the body did show signs of stress. Three symbols carved out on his back. Runic, I'd say." Dr Curdle JR tells them. "Would you mind if I got a shot of those?" Jughead asks getting a nod in response. "What caused, uh, the blue lips?" CJ asks as her brother takes pictures. "The cyanide was mixed into a sugary drink called Fresh-Aid. Blueberry flavored. There's something dimly familiar about this. But you asked me before if I thought this was murder or suicide. I'm not sure what it is, but whatever it is, it's darker than what happened to Jason Blossom. Or what the Black Hood did. No, what we're looking at here, I believe, is the true face of evil." Dr Curdle JR tells them.

After school the next day CJ heads to work and stands behind the counter, working on some of the plans for the speakeasy when Veronica heads back over from talking to Cheryl "Hey Cee, how are the plans going?" she asks. "Good, I've nearly finished them." CJ smiles handing her the plans. "These are perfect CJ. Now I'm giving you the rest of the day off, paid of course. You helped so much in the summer so I could spend time with Archie, go spend the night with Reggie." Veronica tells her. "Are you sure Vee?" CJ asks. "Yes, now go have some fun with Reggie. You deserve it." Veronica tells her, handing her her jacket. CJ heads home and upstairs to her's and Reggie's room "What you doing home, thought you had work?" Reggie asks. "I did but Veronica gave me the day off, paid, so I could spend some time with you." CJ smiles. "That. Is. Great." Reggie tells her between kisses. Smiling CJ pulls her shirt off "I need a shower. Care to join me lover boy?" she asks. Reggie smiles and takes of his shirt as he follows her into their bathroom.

The next day CJ and Reggie walk into the student room with Betty and Jughead after they explain what happened at Ben's hospital room "Hi, Ethel. Hey, does this look familiar to you?" Jughead asks showing her the small wooden figure. "Where did you get that?" Ethel asks. "Ben's hospital room. What were you doing there?" Betty asks. "I don't have to tell you anything, okay, you're not the police." Ethel responds. "Ethel, wait. We're just trying to figure out what happened to Ben and Dilton and the missing Scout." CJ tells her. "Is this the Gargoyle King?" Jughead asks. "How do you know about that?" Ethel asks. "Dilton started to tell Jughead, but he only got so far. So, is it?" Reggie asks. "No. No, it's the opposite. I made that talisman to... To protect Ben." Ethel explains. "How do you even know Ben?" Betty asks. "He's my boyfriend." Ethel tells her. "I've never seen you two together." Betty says. "We started dating this summer. And we spent all our time in the bunker, so..." Ethel trails off. "What bunker?" Reggie asks. "Never mind." Ethel chuckles nervously. "Ethel, just... What bunker?" Betty asks. "Dilton's. In the woods." Ethel responds. "Dilton Doiley has a secret bunker in the woods?" CJ asks. "It was our secret spot. And Dilton's too." Ethel tells them. "Can you at least just tell us where it is?" Jughead asks. "I mean, I can't. It's too hard to describe." Ethel says. "Then can you show us where it is? Ethel, it's either us or Sheriff Minetta." CJ says. "Okay, fine, but you have to keep it a secret." Ethel tells them. "Sure." "Of course." The four of them agree. "And we have to go at night, so nobody can see us. Do you guys know where Fox Footbridge is?" Ethel asks.

After school Reggie and CJ head to the detention centre to see Archie with Veronica "You really didn't have to get me anything, Ronnie." Archie tells her. "Nonsense. Reggie helped me pick them out. Go on, open it. To replace your other pair. They'll be perfect for your triumphant strut out of here when the Innocence Project gets your conviction overturned." Veronica tells him as Archie looks at the shoes. "They're great, Ronnie, thanks." Archie smiles. CJ frown slightly but lets it go "Sucks, you could have worn those fresh kicks to the pep rally." Reggie tells him. "Yeah. How are the Dogs doin', Reg?" Archie asks. "Coach Clayton's running our asses off. The varsity squad's gonna be tough to beat this year, especially with Moose anchoring the O-Line. The dude is a straight beast. But we're missing our star running back. We need you back on the field, bro." Reggie says. Archie nods before he's told that he has to go back "Hey, can you get Joaquin DeSantos please?" CJ asks. The guard nods "You okay to wait outside Vee?" CJ asks. "Of course. I need to make a couple calls anyway." Veronica nods before leaving. "What?" Reggie asks. "Just a hunch." CJ responds and Joaquin walks out. "CJ, Reggie, what you two doing here?" he asks. "Came to see Archie, funny I thought I asked you to protect him and help him out." CJ Epsom's. "CJ, I..." Joaquin starts. "No, you help him and make sure he isn't beaten up again Joaquin. I've already started on getting up you out of here, please look out for him." CJ begs. "I will." Joaquin agrees. "Thank you." CJ smiles before hey have to leave aswell.

That night CJ and Reggie meet up with Betty and Jughead to meet Ethel, as they walk Betty and Jughead explain about the seizure Betty has "So what happened, exactly?" Jughead asks. "One minute, I was fine, the next I was hallucinating some truly insane stuff, like out of a horror movie. And then I woke up in the emergency room embarrassed, to be honest, and that's why I didn't say anything, because it's nothing. Dr. Patel said it was just stress." Betty explains. "Great. And we ask you to investigate a double suicide-slash-murder?" Jughead sighs. "Weirdly, being in the woods with you investigating something crazy is the least stressful, most normal thing I can think of. Kind of reminds me of like when we first started dating, remember?" Betty tells him. Just then branches start moving "That's probably Ethel, right?" CJ asks. Twigs start creaking as the see a person covered in branches with an animal skullTWIGS "Jug, do you see that?" Betty asks. "Yeah, I do." Jughead confirms. "Okay. Run." Reggie decides.

The four of them sit in a booth at Pop's "Is that the thing we just saw?" CJ asks as Jughead shows the picture on the back of the map Dilton gave them. "If I had to hazard a guess, yeah. Behold the Gargoyle King." Jughead says. "Luckily for us, doesn't run very fast." Reggie adds. "No, but really, it was too tall to be Ethel, I think. Unless she was on stilts, which is a possibility because she's not answering her phone. Is there anything on Dilton's map?" Betty asks. "You mean, what we should've checked in the first place? Uh, yeah. Right here. This is where CJ and I found Ben and Dilton. And this is the footbridge where Ethel wanted us to meet, but this... What does that look like to you?" Jughead asks. "I mean, I was researching runic symbols earlier. That one didn't show up." Betty says. "What if it's not a symbol? What if that's the drawing for the hatch? That leads to the underground bunker." CJ suggests. "I mean, if this map is halfway accurate, I'd say that that's right around the deadfall in Fox Forest. We can find this." Jughead says.

"Can't believe I let you talk me into this." CJ mumbles as she walks along side Veronica and the rest of the vixens. "One time for Archie and the others." Veronica says. "Yeah, half of the others being my serpents." CJ remarks waving at Joaquin and Slash. "The warden threw a party In the county jail The prison band was there And they began to wail The band was jumpin' And the joint began to swing You should've heard them Knocked out jailbirds sing" Josie starts. "Let's rock Everybody, let's rock Everybody in the whole cell block Was dancin' To the Jailhouse Rock" everyone sings together. "Number forty-seven Said to number three "You're the cutest Jailbird I ever did see I sure would be delighted With your company Come on and do The Jailhouse Rock with me"" Veronica sings. "Let's rock Everybody, let's rock Everybody in the whole cell block Was dancin' To the Jailhouse Rock" everyone sings. "Spider Murphy Played the tenor saxophone Little Joe was blowin' On the slide trombone The drummer boy From Illinois Went crash, boom, bang The whole rhythm section Was the Purple Gang" CJ sings. "Let's rock Everybody, let's rock Everybody in the whole cell block Was dancin' To the Jailhouse Rock" everyone sings. "Was dancin' To the Jailhouse Rock" Josie sings. "Dancin' to The Jailhouse Rock" Cheryl sings. "Dancin' to The Jailhouse Rock" Veronica sings. "Dancin' to The Jailhouse Rock "" CJ sings as they all finish the dance. The girls all watch as the game continues "Stop the riot!" a guard shouts making a load of men in riot uniforms come running out. "It's a freakin' ambush. Everybody, run!" Archie tells everyone. "Archie!" Veronica shouts. "Joaquin, Slash, Let go of them!" CJ shouts as they watch the boys get beaten up by the guards before being taken away.

That night CJ lies on her bed when she gets a phone call from Jughead telling her Ethel had a seizure "Reggie we need to get to the hospital, Ethel has had a seizure." she tells Reggie as she runs downstairs. Reggie nods and grabs his keys. As they get to the hospital they find Jughead and Betty "How's Ethel?" Reggie asks. "She's going to be okay, she's eating. We're going to check on Ben." Betty responds. The two of them nod and follow Betty and Jughead to Ben's room where they find him sat at an open window "Ben? Ben. Hey, what are you doing?" CJ asks. "Come away from the window." Reggie tells him. "It's okay. Everything's okay." Jughead tries. "I know. I know it is. I'm going to be with Dilton now. We both flipped the coin. He was scared to ascend, but I'm not." Ben responds. "What about... What about your Princess Etheline, huh?"  Entry asks. "We'll be reunited. In the Kingdom. One day all of us will. It's all part of his plan. You'll see. Soon. You'll fly, too." Ben tells them before leaning out the window and falling. "Ben, no!" Betty and CJ scream as they run forward. CJ stops as she sees Ben hit the car below, Reggie grabs her and pulls her away and into his chest as she cries.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.7K 381 47
This is book 1 of 2! The second is finally finished!!! This is a story about Moose having a younger sister, who falls in love with Sweetpea, but thin...
16.3K 272 74
This story will include the following characters : • Archie Andrews • Jughead Jones • Veronica Lodge • Betty Cooper • Kevin Keller • Fangs Foga...
63.1K 1.8K 42
[BASED OFF OF THE MOVIE! I DO NOT OWN THE IDEAS! THIS IS SIMPLY A FANFIC!] Jughead Jones is a Senior in high school. He's one of the most popular boy...