Chapter Fifty-Two ~ The Raid

CJ sits with her brother, sister, Mum and Reggie for breakfast when FP walks in "Hey, hon

CJ sits with her brother, sister, Mum and Reggie for breakfast when FP walks in "Hey, hon. Why the long face?" Gladys asks him. "One of my deputies found our old trailer... or what was left of it. It was burned to a crisp. They found drug cooking material inside." FP explains making Reggie, CJ and Jughead look at each other as Gladys looks at them. "Oh, my. In our trailer?" Gladys asks. "Our little town can't seem to catch a break." CJ comments. "Remove one cancer, another one takes its place." Jughead adds. "Come on, Dad, we're missing the Saturday morning cartoons." Jellybean tells FP. "All right." FP smiles following her. "Did you really think that blowing up that decrepit trailer would change anything?" Gladys asks the three teens. "Oh, we're not gonna stop until you are out of Riverdale." Jughead tells her. "Well, you better buckle up then, 'cause I ain't going anywhere. And here's a tip. Don't cross me again." Gladys says holding onto the twin's heads and kissing their cheek before walking off. "Let's go see Arch, I need to get out of here for a bit." CJ suggests before leading the two boys across the road to Archie's house.

They all go into the kitchen where they start raiding the cupboards "One good thing about being your neighbor is I got two kitchens to raid for grub now." Jughead jokes as he sits down with crisps. "Yeah, no worries, Jug. How's it going with your mom?" Archie asks them. "It's cold war. I mean, the nuclear option is that we tell my dad everything, but that could spell mutually-assured destruction. So instead, we and the Serpents are just dismantling her drug trade piece by piece. Up next, we're gonna drive the Gargoyles out of town, and her cook Kurtz." CJ explains. "We are gonna make Riverdale a very unwelcome place for Gladys Jones." Reggie adds. "And if she does go, what happens to Jellybean?" Archie sis. "Still need to figure that out." Jughead responds. Just then the telephone rings making Archie answer it before hanging up after a quick conversation.

They all gather the Serpents in the bunker to tell their plan "The drug trade has reared its ugly head in Riverdale yet again. Now, my dad doesn't think we're ready, but we're going to be Riverdale's unofficial DEA. That means we're gonna make life miserable for the Gargoyles and run them out of our town. But first, we're gonna hit the hotspots. Make sure Gladys isn't using any of Hiram's old infrastructure." Jughead explains. CJ hands out the list they made "Let's go." she tells them.

CJ and Jughead lead the Serpents into the comic store as Sweetpea slams the owner onto a desk "Hey, there. Remember me? Last time I was here with the Red Paladin. And that day I was in a good mood. But today... I'm in a bad mood. But you can help me with that by telling me where all these drugs are coming from." Jughead tells him flipping out his switchblade. "The Gargoyles are dealing again." the man tells them. "Where are they selling from? We've been to all the hotspots." Reggie asks. "No, it's old school. Street corners. But you can tell by the gargoyles on wires." the man explains. Sweetpea lets the man up and pushes him away "What the hell does that mean?" he asks. "In some cities, when you see a pair of sneakers on telephone wires, it means that there's a drug den nearby. But he's saying..." CJ trails off pointing at the man. "Look for gargoyles instead of shoes." he confirms. "Okay. Search this place. Confiscate any contraband or drugs or gaming equipment. Don't make me come back here." Jughead says before leaving.