Chapter Thirty-Eight ~ As Above, So Below

Three weeks later CJ lies in bed with Reggie thinking about what happened to Ben and Dilton "What's the matter Baby?" Reggie asks. "I'm just thinking about Ben and Dilton, it can't be just those two. Ethel and that Scout, there has to be something we are missing." she tells him playing with his hand. "Well talk to Betty and Jughead later, for now." Reggie smiles as he starts kissing her. CJ giggles and wraps her arms round his neck.

Later CJ stands with Veronica as Kevin and Josie walk into the speakeasy, Reggie following "I died and went to Kander and Ebb heaven

Later CJ stands with Veronica as Kevin and Josie walk into the speakeasy, Reggie following "I died and went to Kander and Ebb heaven." Kevin remarks. "Veronica! CJ!" Josie exclaims. "Welcome to La Bonne Nuit." Veronica smiles before they all sit down. "We've hired some of the Serpents from the Whyte Wyrm to serve drinks. Mocktails only. La Bonne Nuit is not in the business of corrupting minors. Malachi is going to be head of security along with Reggie here." CJ explains. "Josie, we need star power. We would love for you to be out resident chanteuse." Veronica continues. "Are you for real?" Josie asks making them nod "I have been working like woe trying to find my sound now that I'm solo, and I haven't had anywhere to test it out. Ooh, this is the perfect opportunity!" she exclaims. "And, Kevin... We'd love for you to be our emcee." CJ tells him. "So long as I can sing every now and then." Kevin smiles. "But of course. Or, as we like to say at La Bonne Nuit, mais oui." Veronica tells him. Just then the phone starts ringing making Reggie pick it up "Hey, Pop, what's up?" Reggie asks before looking at Veronica and CJ. Together the two of them walk upstairs to find Penny sat there "Penny Peabody, I don't believe we've had the pleasure. Now what the hell do you want?" Veronica asks. "No, no, no, no. It's not what I want. It's what you want. Protection. The Ghoulies are offering their services. For a modest price." Penny tells them. "Let me guess. Protection from you, right?" CJ asks. "It's a nice place you've got here. And... as above, so below, I'm guessing? Maybe even nicer down there in the speakeasy. I'd hate for something bad to happen to it. Food for thought. I'll let you chew on it." Penny says as she stands and leaves.

Veronica and CJ walk into the student room finding Cheryl and Toni "Just the ladies we were looking for! President Blossom

Veronica and CJ walk into the student room finding Cheryl and Toni "Just the ladies we were looking for! President Blossom. First Lady Topaz. We need your help spreading the good word about our speakeasy." Veronica starts. "Go on." Cheryl tells her. "In exchange for promoting La Bonne Nuit, we are offering you no cover and free drinks all night." CJ smiles as Veronica hands the cards to Toni. "Well, well, well. Heavy card stock and valet parking." Cheryl reads out. "You don't take the subway to the Met Gala. Hand them out at your discretion." Veronica smiles. "Oh, and Sweet Pea and Fangs should definitely be in attendance." CJ adds before walking off with Veronica.