Chapter Twelve ~ Anatomy of a Murder

Archie leaves to go look for Jughead while CJ gets changed into something more comfortable.

Reggie looks at her and passes her his varsity jacket to wear

Reggie looks at her and passes her his varsity jacket to wear. "It's cold outside." he tells her. CJ nods and pulls it on "I know where he'll be. Pop's it's open 24/7." she tells him. Reggie nods and sends Archie a message to tell him to meet them there.

Walking into Pop's CJ spots Jughead and runs to him. He stands up and wraps arms round her. CJ cries into his shoulder and sits down with her in his arms with Reggie next to her on the other side. Archie, Betty and Veronica walk in soon after and explain to Jughead that their dad is innocent.

They all rush over to the Sheriff's station. "Excuse me, sir. We need to see Sheriff Keller." Archie tells the deputy at the front desk. "There's been a huge mistake." Keller walks past them making Archie turn. "Sheriff, we need to talk to you about FP Jones." "What about him?" "He's innocent. He's being framed." CJ tells him. "Well, then why did he just confess?" Keller says as FP walks passed cuffed. CJ looks at her Father "Daddy!" she cries out. Jughead and Reggie stop her from running after him. "It's okay Princess. I love you." he calls out to her.

A couple days later CJ sits on her bed crying while looking at the bottle of pills again

A couple days later CJ sits on her bed crying while looking at the bottle of pills again. There's a knock on the door making her hide them again. "Come in." she says. Archie pokes his head in the room "Just checking in." he smiles. CJ smiles slightly "I'm good." she says. Archie turns to walk out when CJ stands up. She wraps her arms around him "I love you Archie. You're like a brother to me." she tells him. "I love you too CJ. You are my sister. Blood related or not." he tells her kissing her temple. CJ nods and sits back down before pulling out her phone.

CJ🐍_ Can we meet with Sweets and Fangs? Xxx

T💎_ Sure babe Quarry? Xxx

CJ🐍_ In 5 xxx

CJ stands up and walks out the room and to her bike. Jumping on she rides to the Quarry.

Once at the Quarry she jumps off and goes over to her friends. "Hey babes." Toni greets. CJ smiles and hugs Toni tightly, confused Toni hugs her back as they pull away CJ smiles again "You are like a sister to me Toni." she tells her. Toni smiles "We are sister's remember." Toni says making CJ smile, as she thinks of them trying to prove that they were related when they were kids. CJ then pulls Sweetpea into a hug aswell. Shocked Sweetpea hugs her back "You are like a brother to me Sweetpea. Remember to let people in more." she tells him. Confused he nods as they pull away. Fangs turns to CJ as she goes to him after. Hugging him she smiles into his neck "You're a brother to me aswell Fangs." she tells him. As she pulls away she looks at them all "Just remember I love you guys." she tells them. "What's all this about?" Toni asks. "Just everything with dad I wanted you guys to know how much I love you." CJ shrugs.

CJ finds Kevin and Joaquin at the bus station. "Wait!" she calls out as Joaquin starts getting on his bus. "Think you could leave without saying goodbye doofus." she asks Joaquin making him laugh. CJ hugs him tightly "Look after yourself. I love you." CJ tells him. "I will I love you too CJ." he tells her as they pull away. CJ waves as the bus leaves. Kevin looks at her as she turns to him before giving him a hug aswell. "I love you aswell Kev. You're my Northside Gay Bestie." she tells him as they chuckle. "I love you too CJ." he smiles.

CJ makes her way to Betty House knowing she'll be there. Betty walks out when she notices CJ's bike outside. "Hey CJ." she smiles. "Hey Betts." CJ responds before hugging her. "Promise me you'll look after Jug through this. I won't be able to." CJ tells her. "I promise CJ." Betty tells her. "Thanks Betts. I have to see Ronnie. Talk later." she says before shooting off again. Veronica sits in Pop's when CJ walks in. "Hey Ronnie. Just wanted to tell you that you're a great friend." CJ tells her. "Aww thanks CJ." Ronnie smiles back. "Now I have to find Reggie." CJ tells her. "Hang on a second." Veronica says as she looks at her phone. "Come on we're all meeting at Archie's." Veronica tells her.

They pull up to Archie's and go into the garage where everyone has gathered. CJ goes over to Reggie "Can we talk outside?" she asks making him nod. Once outside CJ kisses him like there is no tomorrow. "Woah." Reggie smiles as they pull away. CJ smiles. As she goes to talk Archie pokes his head out "Come on." he tells them. They sigh and go inside and sit down, CJ on Reggie's lap like usual. "This is meant to help FP? I don't know. Looks like more incriminating evidence to me." Reggie tells them as they look at the stuff. "This just confirms that our dad torched Jason's getaway car. And that his confession was true." Jughead sighs. "Why would FP say Jason's varsity jacket is dangerous? What could that mean?" Betty asks. "I can ask my father. He would know, considering we found concrete proof that he hired the Serpents to kill Jason. Which probably means that your dad pulled the trigger. I'm sorry." Veronica tells the twins.

"No. No. No, I'm not giving up yet. Put this on." Betty tells Archie. "What?" "Put it on." Archie does so and Betty starts looking in the pockets. "Betty, this is weird." "There's a hole in the pocket." "Now we're grasping at straws." Kevin tells her. "No. I don't know about you guys, but whenever I have a hole in my pocket, I always lose my ChapStick in the lining." "Or my Montblanc." "Hold on." Betty pulls out a thumb drive. "What the hell?" Veronica exclaims. "Nancy Drew strikes again." CJ smiles. Pulling out her laptop Betty clicks keypad. "Oh, my God." CJ says as they watch the video. Jason was tied to a chair in the basement of the Wyrm. While a Serpent, Mustang, taunted him. Soon Clifford walks into the room and shoots him in the head. CJ starts sobbing into Reggie's chest as he holds her tight, tears of his own in his eyes. Betty stands up, pulls out her phone to call Cheryl. Telling her the truth of Jason's murder. That her Father had killed her brother.