Chapter Twenty-Three ~ The Blackboard Jungle

CJ walks into Southside High and spots Fangs and Sweetpea by the locker "Sup bitches

CJ walks into Southside High and spots Fangs and Sweetpea by the locker "Sup bitches." she smiles. "Your hair!" Fangs exclaims as Sweetpea looks at it. "I got bored and wanted a change. You like?" she asks smiling. "I love it!" Sweetpea tells her making Fangs nod in agreement.

"Did you hear the news?" CJ asks them both

"Did you hear the news?" CJ asks them both. "What news?" Fangs asks. "They're closing this place. We're moving to Riverdale High." CJ smiles. Fangs and Sweetpea high five and cheer as they lead the other Serpents outside. "What's going on?" Jughead asks looking up from where he and Toni are sat. "This hellhole's officially closed. No more Southside High." Sweetpea grins. "What? How?" he asks. "It's gonna be quarantined. We're going to different schools." CJ tells her brother. "This doesn't make sense. Where are you guys going?" Jughead asks. "Same as you, and you, and CJ, and Fangs. We're going to Riverdale High. Think of all those Northside heads to knock." Sweetpea says before he and Fangs start play fighting.

That evening CJ lies on her couch with her head in Reggie's lap. Reggie smiles and plays with her hair "I can't wait for you to be at school tomorrow." he tells her. CJ smiles at him "Me neither. You gonna wear your jacket?" she asks. "Yeah. I think it's time everyone knew. Besides I'm gonna walk in with you guys tomorrow." he responds lending down and kissing her gently.

The next morning CJ and Jughead lead the other young Serpents into the school and to the Welcome Committee

The next morning CJ and Jughead lead the other young Serpents into the school and to the Welcome Committee. "Friends. On behalf of the students and faculty here at Riverdale High, welcome to your new school. To ease this transition, they've set up a registration desk where you can get locker assignments, schedules and a list of extracurriculars. We encourage every one of you to drink deeply from the cup that is fair Riverdale." Veronica smiles making CJ snort and lean into Reggie. "Stand down, Eva Peron." Cheryl tells Veronica as she leads the Vixens and Bulldogs down the stairs with Chuck. CJ leans deeper into Reggie as Chuck smirks at her. Reggie wraps his arms round her instictivley with a glare at Chuck. "There's the school spirit I so fondly remember." Jughead mutters making CJ nod. "Cheryl, no one invited Fascist Barbie to the party." Veronica tells the red head. "Wrong, Veronica. No one invited Southside scum to our school. Listen up, ragamuffins. I will not allow Riverdale High's GPA to suffer because of classrooms overcrowded with underachievers. So, please, find some other school to debase with your hardscrabble ways." Cheryl tells the Serpents with a glare. "Why don't you come over here and say that to my face?" Toni tells her stepping forward. "Happily, Queen of the Buskers." Cheryl retorts copying Toni's actions. "Okay, guys. Everyone. Can we put our Northside-Southside differences apart and start over? A new slate?" Archie asks stepping between the two groups. "You don't speak for the Bulldogs. I remind you, these greaser-snakes showed up at your place to kick your ass." Chuck tells Archie. "Time to finish what we started." Sweetpea says walking forwards. CJ steps in front of him and puts a hand against his chest making him stop. "I am so over the toxic masculinity in this hallway right now." Veronica mutters. "All right, enough pomp and circumstance. Everyone, let's get to class. Now." Weatherbee tells everyone in the corridor.